#41 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:01 PM

solo dropped..

can't say my first mission was a wonderful experience as we dropped, unopposed and I guess won a tick on the planet.
With alot of players this could be great fun but, current levels that seem to be taking part, I think will just add to frustration

#42 Darth Mech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:01 PM

Two matches so far, the first we lost, the second, it dropped our team into an empty map, against just the defenses (no opposing piloted mechs) we took out the space cannon in about five minutes with no opposition.

Third try, no match found, cancelled search after 14 minutes.

One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of folks are not even able to join CW b/c they lack the requisite tonnage (unless they can make a drop deck using only trial mechs?) and also there is some learning curve with how to join a faction / get a contract / make your drop deck.

Hoping it will pick up later, much fun, just long wait times so far (9 minutes / 7 minutes so far, for me to get matched as a solo player w/ Davion.)

#43 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostDarth Mech, on 11 December 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

Two matches so far, the first we lost, the second, it dropped our team into an empty map, against just the defenses (no opposing piloted mechs) we took out the space cannon in about five minutes with no opposition.

Third try, no match found, cancelled search after 14 minutes.

One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of folks are not even able to join CW b/c they lack the requisite tonnage (unless they can make a drop deck using only trial mechs?) and also there is some learning curve with how to join a faction / get a contract / make your drop deck.

Hoping it will pick up later, much fun, just long wait times so far (9 minutes / 7 minutes so far, for me to get matched as a solo player w/ Davion.)

They can, there is actually a default drop-set of trial mech ready for both IS and Clans player. Basicly, a guy with no clan mech can join a clan and drop without having to select the mechs in his hangar.

Edited by KuroNyra, 11 December 2014 - 04:17 PM.

#44 Inappropriate018

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSegmentum Obscurus

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

I got in one within 3 minutes when I clicked on a defense order pop-up. Was excellent fun, 10/10.

#45 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:19 PM

18 mins and finally dropped. defended. won. amazing.

#46 Rufus Ingram

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 129 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre, Free Rasalhague Republic

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

Took me four minutes after I switched planets. Couple a minutes on first planet before switching. Random switch. I may have got lucky. A lot of fun!

#47 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

It seems the popups or the blinking planets are the way to go, although sometimes can take almost 15 minutes to find a match for me (solo).

We just successfully defended Susquehanna against a bunch of invading teddy bears! Raise the horns! I was in a spider almost the whole match, jamming their ECM so our missile turrets could shoot at them :).

The bad framerate is a serious problem though, all the smoke and the mech wreckages cut in deep.

#48 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:23 PM

Been sitting here for over 30 minutes, no drops, haven't even seen anyone in the same attack queue as me yet. :[

#49 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

View Postzagibu, on 11 December 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

It seems the popups or the blinking planets are the way to go, although sometimes can take almost 15 minutes to find a match for me (solo).

We just successfully defended Susquehanna against a bunch of invading teddy bears! Raise the horns! I was in a spider almost the whole match, jamming their ECM so our missile turrets could shoot at them :).

The bad framerate is a serious problem though, all the smoke and the mech wreckages cut in deep.

was in same match. we ripped some teddy hearts out of their bodies. was amazing

#50 Griggio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

Got to drop on a defense and it ended up being a counter-attack mission. Good fun, but that map was hot! It made Terra Therma look like Hoth at midnight.

Well that getting hit reg on a light was an exercise in fustration. SSRM Stormcrow solved that problem though :P

#51 Mighty Wings

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:29 PM

I got into 2 matches, I had to wait about 5 minutes each for those. However, I sat in lobbies for 10 mins about 4 times before giving up on those lobbies.

So basically I waited about 50 minutes for 60 minutes of play time (both matches pretty much almost went the full 30 mins).

#52 MonkeyDCecil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:49 PM

The wait times are awful. I still have not gotten into a match. About to give up on MWO again and go back to Destiny.
Was really looking forward to this too.

#53 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

Got 2 Times into Matches vs Davions on Zion - we did win both of these - last one was vs 12 Man Team but Attackers (Davion) win 15 Times ? WUT ? ^^ PGI we got a Problem.

#54 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

A lot of units are awaiting leaders to return home from work, sign on, and select a faction of the unit. Until a least a day goes by, not a full compliment of players will be in CW.

Edited by Dracol, 11 December 2014 - 05:02 PM.

#55 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:04 PM

click on the popups and you will get a match

#56 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:05 PM

Can't seem to get a CW drop solo or in my unit group.

We just get dumped back to lobby. Some of us get a notice about a defeat, others don't.

#57 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostKuroNyra, on 11 December 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

They can, there is actually a default drop-set of trial mech ready for both IS and Clans player. Basicly, a guy with no clan mech can join a clan and drop without having to select the mechs in his hangar.

my firts match was with such a trial dropdekc, Nova, Adder SCR and TBR on my alt account. still attacking is strange the dropships of defenders cross the map from the attackers sidde being able to shoot aat the attackers, truly an issue, as if attacking and taking ow n turrets isn't already enough. Then as attacker, you rush the gate you opened and killed soem opps, suddenly two dropships land 400m away firing through your lines. The defenders should not drop so close to the gates.

#58 Duckpool

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:31 PM

The wait times are fairly miserable as a solo player, defended twice, waited about an hour total. My matchmaking wish list for solo players: 1. Queue display- how many on both attacking and defending sides waiting. 2. Average wait times displayed. 3. A lobby room by faction in the CW tab to allow impromptu group formation and coordination about who is currently wanting to attack and who to defend...

#59 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:34 PM

follwing the prompts didn't get me very far. I was able to get into only 2 solo matches as defenders.

Its weird they let you as a solo player even attempt to attack, it doesn't get you anywhere does it?

so with attacking, if you align yourself with a faction does that get you the ability to attack assuming it can fill you into a group or do you always need to be in a clan together in order to attack?

Edited by Bigbacon, 11 December 2014 - 05:37 PM.

#60 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:36 PM

It is amazing to me that you can't drop into CW as a unit group. You instead have to pick a planet and pray that it puts you all into the same match. Disappointed in that aspect to say the least. Really believe that needs to be addressed pronto.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users