Stuck / Out-Of-World / Collision Feedback

75 replies to this topic

#41 SleekHusky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:09 PM

- Issue: Stuck in a small area with Assault Mech (Stalker)
- Map: Viridian Bog
- Game mode: Skirmish, but game mode won't matter for this.
- Tile: D4
- Mech: Stalker

These are the two potential exits however while it looks like the Stalker can fit through them there is something that stops me.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Sleek34, 08 September 2015 - 05:10 PM.

#42 HerHareHair

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:48 PM

New River City, position on screenshot. You get stuck and "float" mid-air indefinetly.
Posted Image

#43 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:00 AM

I got stuck in the ditch right infront of O Gen 1 to the right on Sulfurous Rift in a Hellbringer. Was unable to turn, reverse, or move forward, wasn't able to test if JJs would get me out of it. Didn't think to take a screenshot at the time, but hopefully what info I do have helps some.

#44 CptnHero

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:00 AM

I got stuck several times in the reinforcement screen. I´m in my mech but cant move and i see the drop timer counting down, but the reinforcement screen is not disappearing until the end of the game.

#45 Reality Dysfunction

• PipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 81 posts
  • Locationcockpit or bar... UK

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:37 AM

View PostCptnHero, on 05 May 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

I got stuck several times in the reinforcement screen. I´m in my mech but cant move and i see the drop timer counting down, but the reinforcement screen is not disappearing until the end of the game.

Same here, a couple of times during invasion.

Quite annoying really.

Just slightly more annoying than when waiting to deploy and it won't give the dropdeck menu so you can pick the next mech...

#46 Extra Guac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:28 AM

Just got stuck in a weird ditch-like spot, can't move my mech.

The game was faction warfare, forest colony, skirmish mode. Location is the corner of I11 nearest to H10. I'm stuck between the side of the mountain and a metal structure. It was a game that ended at 11:25 AM EST on 12/17/16.

#47 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:40 AM

Sometimes the dropship takes me on a gray area ride, drops me in a limbo just to pick me up again and drop me where it should in the first place making my respawn time well over a minute (FP). Also fences around buldings in River city sometimes make my mech jump like a horny rabbit and it takes at least 15 second for it to get unstuck on it's own. Thank you.

#48 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:10 PM

I will not but a dime in this game again. I am so tired of my mechs dropping on maps and hud disappearing, mechs freezing upon drops, being tied up in a 30 second never ending loop in my dropship, dropping in the abyss on the edge of the universe when my team needs me to defend omega.

If I had spent the thousands of dollars I hear some people have put in this game, I'd get a lawyer.

#49 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

Oops, posted this in the map feedback forum, I guess it belongs here?

Tried to jump on top of one of the buildings E4/D4 in Vitric Forge during a Siege game in a Night Gyr and didn't quite make it, catching me into a loop of falling.

#50 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

View PostLeftNut Alpha, on 11 December 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

I am currently stuck in Boreal Vault. I am supposed to be dropping in my last mech but I have the select mech screen and the timer keeps resetting to 30 seconds after it reaches zero. The "drops remaining" shows zero but I still have one good mech.

Was it anything like this? tukyid event probably siege the counter kept going from 29 to 0 and this is happening

this happens almost once a drop and I get destroyed if they spawn camp inside the LZ. This happened so many times I gave up on the event and I haven't done an FP match since. If PGI wants the game to grow they need to make it more friendly for nongaming rigs

Edited by Chound, 21 June 2017 - 12:39 PM.

#51 Kai Lui

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts
  • LocationChoas March

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

oh this happened to me. but I forgot to take the screen shot. but it was on caustic valley 2 times. near one the pipe line junction point. if/when I find it again I'll screen shot it. and get my location.

View PostChound, on 21 June 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

Was it anything like this? tukyid event probably siege the counter kept going from 29 to 0 and this is happening

this happens almost once a drop and I get destroyed if they spawn camp inside the LZ. This happened so many times I gave up on the event and I haven't done an FP match since. If PGI wants the game to grow they need to make it more friendly for nongaming rigs

dude they have not updated the graphics engeon in 4 or 5? years since it was created. if your gig costs about 400 bux brandnew you can play this game.... with stock parts... if you have a 5 year old rig like mine with 8gig ram a radion 750 your good to ;p this game only uses a single core and 2 gig of ram to run.....

#52 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

Got stuck on Emerald Taiga, on the G4/F4 line, there was a hole right at the bottom of the ridge and the ramp from the drop zone, I tried rocking back and forth but was stuck there for the rest of the match.

#53 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:49 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 08 November 2018 - 05:02 PM.

#54 Old-dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:26 PM

"Stuck" feedback on Terra Therma:

I got stuck on Terra Therma while doing a Scouting mission. Grid G5, top-right corner with G4/F5. Speedy mechs can run up the mountain ramp towards the center of G5 and get behind a little rock formation. There's a small pothole which you cant get out.

Will upload my screenshot a.s.ap. when i get back to my gaming machine.

Edited by B3R3ND, 11 April 2018 - 10:26 PM.

#55 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:47 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 11 December 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

Stuck in a ditch?
Hit a pebble with the strength of a mountain?
Fell off the edge of the Earth?
Ran into an invisible wall?
Weapons strike the air around your cover?

In an effort to effectively track all user-reported collision mapping issues, as well as to help identify the most serious offenders, we are requesting that players help us identify all such issues on our maps.

Couldn't you create a bot that would meticulously walk the maps and record all collisions or lack there of? Even a virtual one would be possible. Or better yet hire a tester to do this . . . . You don't have that many maps ffs.

#56 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:37 AM

I'm sure most of the issues are because of weird mech builds with JJ, MASC, high speed, low speed etc. there are far too many permutations to predict everything that the mechwarrior players will think up.

#57 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 20 November 2021 - 04:56 AM

https://steamuserima...letterbox=false

The Bog: Immobilizing pit Position:1517.5 3017.9 128.8

Edited by Dauntless Blint, 20 November 2021 - 04:59 AM.

#58 RabidBeagles

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 01:40 AM

Got stuck in Hellebore Outpost while in Quick Play Conquest mode. I didn't screenshot at the time, but was able to recreate the experience on the Testing Grounds. I was in the Firestarter FS9-S(C), jumping around. I also noticed my jump jets wouldn't refuel once I got stuck. Location was in D7, almost at the border with E7.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by RabidBeagles, 16 February 2022 - 01:42 AM.

#59 Aelra

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 11:59 AM

• The kind of collision issue: -M/S jump/persistent build and sharp increase to momentum.
  • The map affected: Forest Colony Snow
  • The game mode used: Assault
  • The grid tile affected: C2
  • The Mech and/or weapon used to achieve the collision issue: Spider 5V
  • A screen or video capture to help locate the bug:

https://youtu.be/UjGl1ZPfZ9A
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (The Thumbnail/startscreen is the Area Map view)
  • The kind of collision issue: Stuck and negative M/S buildup
  • The map affected: Vitric Station
  • The game mode used: Skirmish
  • The grid tile affected: D5
  • A screen or video capture to help locate the bug:

https://youtu.be/EFqLZDdB_z8
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • The kind of collision issue: Missing Mech Collision
  • The map affected: Solaris City
  • The game mode used: Assault
  • The grid tile affected:D5
  • A screen or video capture to help locate the bug: https://youtu.be/gMB9ZSW2uU4

Seems like open areas within structures with hard angles can bork momentum terribly. It seems like its the number of angles acting on the mech and latency coming together and making a confusing product that equals you flying into space with negative m/s.

-p.s this negative MS bug accounts for the MAJORITY of damage done to my mechs' legs in any given match. Huge problem. Really f***ing frustrating.

Edited by Aelra, 26 August 2022 - 05:38 PM.

#60 Aelra

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 09:02 AM

Please stop cramming random shapes and objects throughout walls at random for aesthetics. It jacks up collision regularly resulting in tons of m/s bugs, bouncing, out of bound deaths. Or atleast use full-rectangle collision walls more liberally when you want to bedazzle things like vitric station. Please increase OoB time 5-10 seconds, it wouldn't be abuseable and would greatly reduce the number of deaths to this bounce b,s in terms of recovering.
I cannot count the number of times my mech has been legged or entirely killed by being launched a mile into the air building hundreds of -ms on the way up and down or getting velcro'd to a wall because I got too close. It is infuriating.

Edited by Aelra, 29 September 2022 - 01:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users