Welcome To Community Warfare!

129 replies to this topic

#61 BjornAreStolen

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

This sounds really funny, but I cannot seem to find any place where I can learn how things work?
Why do I suddenly have four mechs? Who wil pilot them?
I want to play as a solo player, how to proceed?
To you who actually manage to play this, wow is it done (when you're a soloplayer)?
I need a tutorial :D

#62 DJMarine

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:14 PM

Only 2 years behind schedule.

#63 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:35 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Technoviking, 16 December 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#64 Ghostwolfe

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:30 PM

View PostVrox, on 13 December 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

So far CW seems to design to ignore solo (PUG) players. I still cannot get into a game. Hope they have a queue for lonewolf to auto alocate to any planet that need their service. The closest I get to is watch video posted on youtube. :(

As a solo player myself I have to say this CW is crap. I've waited in three queues, all went past 15 mins. That was 45 mins I could have been playing other games. If you can't get the game to where a solo player can participate within a reasonable amount of wait time then the long term viability of this game is screwed. Unless a player has a huge friend list you can't even look for others to group up with since there is no form of global chat. I waited a long time for CW, this is a disappointment since it is limited to only the 12 man units.

Clearly not something I should spend my money on as is. I'll be back in a month and see if it has improved being beta since I can't play it as is.

Edited by Ghostwolfe, 16 December 2014 - 12:31 PM.

#65 DJMarine

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:21 PM

View PostGhostwolfe, on 16 December 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

As a solo player myself I have to say this CW is crap. I've waited in three queues, all went past 15 mins. That was 45 mins I could have been playing other games. If you can't get the game to where a solo player can participate within a reasonable amount of wait time then the long term viability of this game is screwed. Unless a player has a huge friend list you can't even look for others to group up with since there is no form of global chat. I waited a long time for CW, this is a disappointment since it is limited to only the 12 man units. Clearly not something I should spend my money on as is. I'll be back in a month and see if it has improved being beta since I can't play it as is.

Yes. I can't believe we waited this long for this and the implementation is as bad as it is, and it's supposed to be a core feature of the game. People in clans already have tournies and ladders to compete in, what do us solo players get? Unbelievable that this was released even in beta being unplayable for solo queues. I hate bashing anyone, but as a paying customer I think I have the right to be upset. I bought this game years ago with certain expectations based off of how you marketed it, that have yet to be delivered. Already wasted my money on MW Tactics that was ditched with no concern for the customers.

Edited by JayTac, 16 December 2014 - 02:07 PM.

#66 TylerD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

where the phase of the attack for a European prime time in the new patch?
or we have to wake up at 5 AM in the morning and go to the MWO?

#67 Longshot0

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:43 AM

I for one throughly enjoyed the matches. It gave it a "campaign" feel like you were apart of a larger conflict vs pug matches where you were just slugging it out for what? Kudos? I waited 3 min per match. One crashed to desktop on my third mech so I lost that mech but reconnected and played the last mech in the match. Only thing I can complain about is that I can only play my IS mechs of which I only have two. All my other mechs are clan. I need to either buy more IS or maybe sign with a clan unit now? Sure a little buggy but that is to be expected. Plus the c-bill bonus was ridiculous! The loyalty bonuses help.

#68 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostGhostwolfe, on 16 December 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

As a solo player myself I have to say this CW is crap. I've waited in three queues, all went past 15 mins. That was 45 mins I could have been playing other games. If you can't get the game to where a solo player can participate within a reasonable amount of wait time then the long term viability of this game is screwed. Unless a player has a huge friend list you can't even look for others to group up with since there is no form of global chat. I waited a long time for CW, this is a disappointment since it is limited to only the 12 man units.

Clearly not something I should spend my money on as is. I'll be back in a month and see if it has improved being beta since I can't play it as is.

Surely u have 1 friend...I have no issues whatsoever when in a group of 2. Longest wait. 7min...

#69 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

Ah yes, finally this is what I've longed for all this time.
Time to patch the game and raise the banner high for House Davion!

#70 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMaskirovka hideout

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:32 PM

Dear staff, I think loyalists need more longterm stimulation, like an unique mechs, chassis and others. Because of switching sides mercs can have 50 mechbays, when loyalist can have only 5. Probably it will be wise to make a rank limiter for mercs.

#71 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:05 PM

I am done with Community Warfare. Time Consuming. Not enjoyable. Impossible to oust premade CLAN units sporting artillery, ecm and so on. Spent 5 solid days and over 40 matches on it. I give up.

#72 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:09 PM

I am done with Community Warfare. Time Consuming. Not enjoyable. Impossible to oust premade CLAN units sporting artillery, ecm and so on. Spent 5 solid days and over 40 matches on it. I give up.

#73 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostDaFrog, on 22 December 2014 - 11:09 PM, said:

Join a Unit, do 12 man's and rejoice in all the glory :)

#74 Dacadus

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:51 AM

After reading most of the post listed here I am still trying to figure out just what your plan for this is going to end as. Planet conquest, Faction vs Faction or just Clan invasion,the battles ques themself,s are rather long and offen lead to no one to fight
or attackes from all the Factions attacking a planet thats not theirs, or in any way located near a point in space controled by a
Faction or Clan they are fighting.
Is this just another Battle mode doled out to keep players in the game or is there going to be a point to this, like Factions holding planets to hold their borders or stop Clans from reaching Terra ? Will planets give Factions or Clans holding them C bills, tech or other benfits in holding them so that it make attacking them really mean some thing or holding them for that matter.

#75 PRIME MOVER

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:11 AM

After a couple of months the Clan Tech Slaughter of Inner Sphere is back on!!!

Counter-Attack (mixed IS invasion) vs Defending Clan Techers is a complete joke... After months of trying to achieve some balance between the two types of mechs, you have not done so. Two words TImberwolf and Stormcrow.

#76 M Jordanus Sicarius

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 78 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

Maybe I missed it but when did they add in all the new planets? I was expecting the Clan home words but they added all the major periphery planets as well and even some not so important ones.

Maybe I missed it but when did they add in all the new planets? I was expecting the Clan home words but they added all the major periphery planets as well and even some not so important ones.

#77 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:37 AM

Is this section an RP only or can Out of Character discussions be had?
Where is the section for reporting faults with the CW Beta?

#78 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:55 PM

CW generally sucks if your IS when fighting Clans. Need penalties for clanners that act like IS, IE combining fire, if your not going to balance the firepower to a proper 10v12.

Edited by Alik Kerensky, 02 January 2015 - 10:56 PM.

#79 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:59 PM

View PostAlik Kerensky, on 02 January 2015 - 10:55 PM, said:

CW generally sucks if your IS when fighting Clans. Need penalties for clanners that act like IS, IE combining fire, if your not going to balance the firepower to a proper 10v12.

ummm no MS took 3 planets well fighting clans last night and still had time to take IS planets

#80 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:06 AM

IS battles can be won against Clan's as hybrid stated Steiner with the help of -MS- and CI has taken 3 Falcon planets over the last 3 nights and 1 wolf planet the one night that we attacked them. What is needed to push the clanner back or to advance any game agenda is organization. sheer number mean nothing if they are not organized. If you are tired of dropping solo in CW and want to make an impact join a unit. -MS- is currently recruiting. we play both IS and Clan on a rotating basis so join us if you want to make a bigger impact. check out our recruiting thread in the mercenaries forum board.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users