187 replies to this topic

#21 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:21 PM

Was just in a match where our Drop Ships killed 4 enemy mechs lol. They do shoot at the enemy for sure.

#22 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:23 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 11 December 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

What faction does Lords play for?

Jade Falcon.

You also have to watch out for Word of Lowtax, and GOON. Theyre Laio.

NGNG seems to be playing for Davion.

All of those groups will **** you. Thats just the way it is. The only competition to them, will always be another one of those groups. A bunch of small groups, or puggies, just arent going to do it.

That doesnt mean you should change the mechanic just to stop these few people from doing it. As it is, the Lords arent flipping apollo.

NGNG flipped Zion.

Looks like St.Loris might flip. Thats probably NGNG too.

Its seriously not an issue for 90% of the games.

And remember if you make it so the lords cant spawn camp noobs, youve just made it so noobs and casuals NEVER EVER EVER win on the attack.

#23 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:27 PM

View PostKaramarka, on 11 December 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

Sarcasm?

The dropships are like 10 meters away from the objective...

The map design is just too small at the moment for Omega objectives.

not really, in sulfur the gates could be put way way earlier, the long approachign tubes are nothing than dead land atm. this would also make fighting and defending the gates more interesting instead of waiting at the main objective. and the regular first drop area for the defender would not interfere with the attackers that fight at the gates.

Edited by Lily from animove, 12 December 2014 - 01:42 AM.

#24 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:41 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 11 December 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

Are you implying that I should feel bad? Are you mad that HoL is good enough to do that?

Nope not implying anything mate, were legit Questions, let me rephrase.
Is this the Challenging hardcore mode you guys were looking for? i would of thought that you elite teams would of been looking forward to coming up against teams that would provide the challenge that an equally or similarly skilled team would provide.
As a person who has represented my town/state /country playing Football (soccer for some) i can say that playing inferior teams, (we had to play exhibition/training matches against Town and local teams) was no fun at all, to score a dozen goals against a team that was inferior to us, was not considered any sort of victory, it was not something the team would brag about or find any satisfaction at all in it, but then again we were all pros in a truly competitive situation.
So the question stands do you have fun or find it enjoyable to beat up on Pug teams? is this the competition you were looking for?.

#25 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:54 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 11 December 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

Us being able to do that only results from stomping the enemy team so hard that they can't even put us on respawn time.

There have been a few teams who could at least put the end score at something like 48-15. Those teams don't get spawn camped.

Very much this. If someone is being stomped so hard that they have the entire team at their drop zone then they should be allowed to do it. I do wonder why you didn't just cap the base out though. I'm assuming C-bills?

View PostBraddack, on 11 December 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

i think you dont get the Point of Dropships defending the Landing Zone.

If you be able to camp an Droppoint there is no change for the other Side to regroup.
You simply farm every Mech who drops.

It was clearly stated that exact this woud not happen.

Because for you its Fun to farm thoose Mechs, for the other Team its just boring waste of Time.

and if dont understand what this means for CW and even try to defend the current Mechanic youre simply not worth being an member of the Lords.

I somewhat agree that the Dropship should be more of a threat. However The Drop ship practically lands on the Orbital cannon as it is. If the dropship was further away form the central base I would be alot more sympathetic to the plight of the camped. Quite frankly I think it would be awesome as all heck if the teams could take out the Dropship to prevent future reinforcements. Thats treading perilously close to Logistics though.

#26 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:56 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 11 December 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:

Very much this. If someone is being stomped so hard that they have the entire team at their drop zone then they should be allowed to do it. I do wonder why you didn't just cap the base out though. I'm assuming C-bills?

We were defenders. No base to cap... though there should be.

#27 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:59 PM

Dropships are very strong and prevent people from spawn-camping. If you get the upper hand it is always possible to focus fire on newly dropped Mechs and possibly even kill them, yes, but you need real focused fire with proper weapons else the math just doesn't work.

#28 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:06 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 11 December 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:

Nope not implying anything mate, were legit Questions, let me rephrase.
Is this the Challenging hardcore mode you guys were looking for? i would of thought that you elite teams would of been looking forward to coming up against teams that would provide the challenge that an equally or similarly skilled team would provide.
As a person who has represented my town/state /country playing Football (soccer for some) i can say that playing inferior teams, (we had to play exhibition/training matches against Town and local teams) was no fun at all, to score a dozen goals against a team that was inferior to us, was not considered any sort of victory, it was not something the team would brag about or find any satisfaction at all in it, but then again we were all pros in a truly competitive situation.
So the question stands do you have fun or find it enjoyable to beat up on Pug teams? is this the competition you were looking for?.

No, it's not particularly a competitive game mode, for us. It is for other people I imagine.

The only reason we're bothering with this is to get our tag on planets. It's pointless otherwise. In general, we don't find any real 'competitive' games unless we're in a comp drop vs. SJR.

It is what it is. I'm not going to feel bad about stomping people or anything. It's no skin off my back.

#29 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:09 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 11 December 2014 - 11:56 PM, said:

We were defenders. No base to cap... though there should be.

All the more reason to let us blow up the dropship.

#30 Allen Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:14 AM

I agree. Did see a few faction games only because of the lousy MM, but the dropships are FAR from kickass. I really expected them to come down from enemy fire themselves... Please PGI give them real big guns the landing zone should be living hell for enemy mechs.
It's pretty effective to counter attack the landing zone currently.

#31 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:25 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 11 December 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

Us being able to do that only results from stomping the enemy team so hard that they can't even put us on respawn time.

There have been a few teams who could at least put the end score at something like 48-15. Those teams don't get spawn camped.

Pug vs group. It might as well have been a spawn camp. It was a turkey shoot 48-16! There was no competition. Team with TS has too big an advantage. I only played one full CW game and won't be wasting my time again. Back to playing 12v12 skirmish. Unless there is a CW pug vs pug queue where both teams are without voice comms then it is just too unfair. My remaining mechs stomped from the dropship towards the gate with little or no cover and were dead before they got anywhere near. Really boring, uncompetitive 40 minutes which cost me c-bills due to using 8 x uav & airstrikes.

Codestar

#32 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:32 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 12 December 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

No, it's not particularly a competitive game mode, for us. It is for other people I imagine.

The only reason we're bothering with this is to get our tag on planets. It's pointless otherwise. In general, we don't find any real 'competitive' games unless we're in a comp drop vs. SJR.

It is what it is. I'm not going to feel bad about stomping people or anything. It's no skin off my back.

I can understand that, not your place to set the rules of engagement.
A warning tho, those names on the map are going to mean very little if these smaller teams/pugs stop playing CW and you only get to play the same couple teams every day or not at all because CW doesnt become viable.
Just a quick question because i havnt bothered with the competitive scene here, how many teams out there are competitive against you guys and obviously the SJ you mention? a dozen? 20, 50?

#33 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:49 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 12 December 2014 - 12:32 AM, said:

I can understand that, not your place to set the rules of engagement.
A warning tho, those names on the map are going to mean very little if these smaller teams/pugs stop playing CW and you only get to play the same couple teams every day or not at all because CW doesnt become viable.
Just a quick question because i havnt bothered with the competitive scene here, how many teams out there are competitive against you guys and obviously the SJ you mention? a dozen? 20, 50?

Competitive against us is... well the way we classify it is if we have to pay attention to them or not. As in they can capitalize on major mistakes we make. If we're going off of that metric maybe around 5? SJR is the only unit that forces us to focus up and really 'try' though.

#34 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:55 AM

The problem is that if you're getting rolled so fast and hard that they can get to your drop and camp it you're already dead. It's just a faster way to end the match.

#35 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:56 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 12 December 2014 - 12:49 AM, said:

Competitive against us is... well the way we classify it is if we have to pay attention to them or not. As in they can capitalize on major mistakes we make. If we're going off of that metric maybe around 5? SJR is the only unit that forces us to focus up and really 'try' though.

Good to see a competitive SJ team in there.
How many lets say A grade 12 mans can you guys and the other teams put up at a given time?

#36 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:57 AM

Don´t even try to argue with them. Just a bunch of trolls who have fun driving other players away from the game. Those are in every onlinegame because they don´t risk any real consequences for beeing poor sportsmen like in real life. In BF1942 we banned those from our servers, but since this is not possible here we have to live with them.

#37 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:10 AM

View PostBraddack, on 11 December 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

Just watched a Match of the Lords, they just stay around the Landing Pad and kill all Mechs who drop Instant.

So there need to be some Adjustments.

Means they're scum and exploiting anything available :).
I have seen enough matches from them (and experienced) to know what kind of nature they behave.

Edited by Sarlic, 12 December 2014 - 01:13 AM.

#38 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:13 AM

I dont realy care about Goons, Lords, or however this ppl call themsellf. If the realy are showing bad Behavior or imbalancing something, iam sure PGI will take a look. But i dont blame them for being well trained players.

But i guess Topic isnt about Lords, i guess its about Dropshipps and If aTeam is able, to stand with 4-5 Mechs, at the Spawnpoint and insta corring Mechs, before they even reach the Ground. Its simply not what Russ told us Landing Zones should be. He told us enemy Landingzones arent the Place you want to be, But seems to be to much fun, corring Mechs before they hit Ground atm.

#39 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:18 AM

I am sure PGI will take a look at it, but so far everything just take the obvious things in order to book a win. Anything for the win, right? Sure, lots of group are extremly good organised, but that does not throw off bad sportmanship or their behaviour.

It just make me sad to see that people use it to spoil any fun.

#40 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:31 AM

View PostSarlic, on 12 December 2014 - 01:18 AM, said:

I am sure PGI will take a look at it, but so far everything just take the obvious things in order to book a win. Anything for the win, right? Sure, lots of group are extremly good organised, but that does not throw off bad sportmanship or their behaviour.

It just make me sad to see that people use it to spoil any fun.

I suppose you would prefer if we sat on a high point and just shot at them from 700m away?

That totally would make it more fair.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users