#41 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:32 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 12 December 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:

I suppose you would prefer if we sat on a high point and just shot at them from 700m away?

That totally would make it more fair.

Anything better then just setting up a camp, tea and a fire.

#42 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:34 AM

View PostSarlic, on 12 December 2014 - 01:32 AM, said:

Anything better then just setting up a camp, tea and a fire.

I would prefer if we could just cap a base even though we're defending and be done with it. Stats don't even count in CW so it's a complete waste of time.

But hey, hate the player more.

#43 Sembrin

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:35 AM

To whoever said only clan mechs can spawn camp, that's wrong. Just got out of an IS vs IS game in which we were spawn camped. Match ended at like 25-48, but they still camped us. Wasn't like we were being insta-cored, but a a number of mechs died within 2-3-4 sec of landing. Think the reds lost like 2? mechs to dropship weapons. The dropship weapons need to be more powerful, BUT they also need to unload us further from the objective so the dropships aren't defacto objective defense.

I really dislike spawn camping in any game, and if this is what CW is going to devolve into, what's the point of playing it over the old maps? Because the LP rewards are crap, and you get 0 LP for losing anyway.

Edited by Sembrin, 12 December 2014 - 01:37 AM.

#44 BRRM

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:38 AM

really this should encourage people to work as a team more.... i hate games of pure silence on the comms.... and this game always should've had a voice chat in game.... this also makes me want to find a team group.
they will eventually turn it into like the normal groups vs groups, pubs vs pubs. sad but well i guess you will always have that for casual gamers, to people that devote there time to master some strategy and teamwork.
if more people joined competitive faction units you would see less of this problem.
ive played them a few times on this and other games, they are good. but not unbeatable.

#45 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:41 AM

Am I missing something here?

This isn't Call of Duty. You have limited spawns. I could understand the problem if this went on for the rest of a 30 minute game, but it won't. You will lose in a couple minutes at most so you can move on to the next one. It doesn't seem like that big of an inconvenience.

#46 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:47 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 12 December 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

No, it's not particularly a competitive game mode, for us. It is for other people I imagine.

The only reason we're bothering with this is to get our tag on planets. It's pointless otherwise. In general, we don't find any real 'competitive' games unless we're in a comp drop vs. SJR.

It is what it is. I'm not going to feel bad about stomping people or anything. It's no skin off my back.

How should you? right now all the high class units that probbaly can be a competition have are spread out by the attacks and stuff. the chance that both such units choose the same planet, and the chance that even than MM puts you againts each other is just low.

mayb at some point when puggers give up, because pugging is hardly a working concept forsuccessfull CCW, then only the competitive units are left. but then CW will be a final when only 10% of the people participate.

Actually, ty to play the game a bit more by the lore and stuff, dont use the best decks and such and you will probably find some "challange" by bringing not the best and optimised dropdecks. make a "snake-pit" match and fill the dropship 12x with 4x adder and see if you still can own xD

also record it, it would be interesting to see how this ends.

and then one with 12x4 cutefoxes called "Fox Hunt"

In a not mainstream game there is not much competition to go for. It's up to you to seek the fun and challange.

Edited by Lily from animove, 12 December 2014 - 01:51 AM.

#47 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:50 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 12 December 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:

I suppose you would prefer if we sat on a high point and just shot at them from 700m away?

That totally would make it more fair.

Side note - this touches on another problem with Clan vs IS. Range.

Clans have it and CW strongly favors it. Curious to see how this plays out over time.

#48 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:55 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 12 December 2014 - 01:50 AM, said:

Side note - this touches on another problem with Clan vs IS. Range.

Clans have it and CW strongly favors it. Curious to see how this plays out over time.

untrue, the gates are chockepoints of low range. Clanners pay with the downside of a lot heat for gaining weapons with more range. But at this specific point they can not make use of that advantage. defending heavily favours the IS. because even their slow fatas assaults or twingauss/AC40 jeagers can spawn right 400m next to the action. without having to walk across 3/4th of the map.

Edited by Lily from animove, 12 December 2014 - 01:56 AM.

#49 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:56 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 12 December 2014 - 01:47 AM, said:

How should you? right now all the high class units that probbaly can be a competition have are spread out by the attacks and stuff. the chance that both such units choose the same planet, and the chance that even than MM puts you againts each other is just low.

mayb at some point when puggers give up, because pugging is hardly a working concept forsuccessfull CCW, then only the competitive units are left. but then CW will be a final when only 10% of the people participate.

Actually, ty to play the game a bit more by the lore and stuff, dont use the best decks and such and you will probably find some "challange" by bringing not the best and optimised dropdecks. make a "snake-pit" match and fill the dropship 12x with 4x adder and see if you still can own xD

also record it, it would be interesting to see how this ends.

and then one with 12x4 cutefoxes called "Fox Hunt"

In a not mainstream game there is not much competition to go for. It's up to you to seek the fun and challange.

Having a difficult time in match due to using unoptimal loadouts isn't particularly my idea of fun. If I know I'm better than my opponent, then I want to express that. Mechlab is just as important as a skill as anything else in this game, especially so in CW where there are actual stakes. If someone beats me, it should be because they're better than me, not because I'm gimping myself by running flamers and Adders.

Unless this game's population is small enough to be already dead, then HoL isn't affecting people's experiences to where it would hurt the game. Like I said before, no skin off my back. If people don't want to fight us then they can avoid the Steiner/Wolf/CJF border.

View PostLily from animove, on 12 December 2014 - 01:55 AM, said:

untrue, the gates are chokepioints of low range. Clanners pay with the downside of a lot heat for gaining weapons with more range. But at this specific point they can not make use of that advantage. defending heavily favours the IS. because even their slow fatas assaults or twingauss jeagers can spawn right 400m next to the action. without havign to walk across 3/4th of the map.

On both maps you can oversee the gates from farther than typical IS weapon ranges.

#50 BRRM

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:57 AM

another thing is people are too use to short games that they use things that dont have back up weapons.... for instance and a1 cat.... it is useless in this. same with jagers with pure balistic and what not. you have to think about "what if i stay in this mech for a long time?" if you use anything with ammo consider chucking some back up weapons for goodness sakes.

#51 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:00 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 12 December 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

Having a difficult time in match due to using unoptimal loadouts isn't particularly my idea of fun. If I know I'm better than my opponent, then I want to express that. Mechlab is just as important as a skill as anything else in this game, especially so in CW where there are actual stakes. If someone beats me, it should be because they're better than me, not because I'm gimping myself by running flamers and Adders.

Unless this game's population is small enough to be already dead, then HoL isn't affecting people's experiences to where it would hurt the game. Like I said before, no skin off my back. If people don't want to fight us then they can avoid the Steiner/Wolf/CJF border.

On both maps you can oversee the gates from farther than typical IS weapon ranges.

owning and stomping because you are better is not the way to show you are better. Especially not when the others are a random pug, because then you already have the comm advanatage and such. So thats not skill, that organising being involved the others simply can not have. Owning the opponent by using a rubbish loadout that is an entire level of showing true skill.

And since CW does not go into the stats, it does not hurt your visual stats epeen when you use less optimal loadouts. So grow some balls, show true skill.

View PostBRRM, on 12 December 2014 - 01:57 AM, said:

another thing is people are too use to short games that they use things that dont have back up weapons.... for instance and a1 cat.... it is useless in this. same with jagers with pure balistic and what not. you have to think about "what if i stay in this mech for a long time?" if you use anything with ammo consider chucking some back up weapons for goodness sakes.

doesn't cares, time ris rather short, we had a nice working attack, then tme went short leading the pug to a rush, but an uncoordinated rush will always fail by being in the tactical disadvantaged postion. the pugs urgendtly need the voip to at leats catch up some of the coordination. yet it does not help the loadout synchronising.

Edited by Lily from animove, 12 December 2014 - 02:02 AM.

#52 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:06 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 12 December 2014 - 02:00 AM, said:

owning and stomping because you are better is not the way to show you are better. Especially not when the others are a random pug, because then you already have the comm advanatage and such. So thats not skill, that organising being involved the others simply can not have. Owning the opponent by using a rubbish loadout that is an entire level of showing true skill.

And since CW does not go into the stats, it does not hurt your visual stats epeen when you use less optimal loadouts. So grow some balls, show true skill.

Haha, alright man. You have no idea the kind of matches we've been having (hint they weren't against random pugs) and it's pretty hilarious that you're placing the entire onus on us. You want me to gimp myself just to give the enemy an easier time, instead of just having the enemy actually get better.

Makes perfect sense!

If someone gets spawncamped by a 5man, it's not the 5mans fault lol.

BTW: 'trueskill' is only shown in a competitive environment with a known map and known dropdecks. It's not shown by taking crap mechs.

Edited by Adiuvo, 12 December 2014 - 02:09 AM.

#53 Latorque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:06 AM

As excited as i am for the launch of CW, this is the reason i'm going to solo-pug for quite a while longer :) - while scanning the forums for info. Can't say how this turns out; if the MM unhindered by restrictions remains unchanged; there'll be a massive drop in small teams / solo players in the long run - resulting in them either leaving or falling back to group qeue / solo qeue, it doesn't have to be a bad thing. All in all; i've yet to witness organized teams getting tired of successful roflstomps; so i wouldn't wait for that. If this is the hardcore mode; it will most likely boil down to hardcore teams.

Edited by Latorque, 12 December 2014 - 02:09 AM.

#54 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:08 AM

Honestly the dropships for defenders are too close to the objective. They should move them farther away from the objective and increase the amount of damage they deal.

#55 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:10 AM

Voip wont help people who want to win but refuse to take the steps to play competitive builds, join a unit, or improve skill. Success requires effort in games and in real life.

Edited by Grantham Besat, 12 December 2014 - 04:36 AM.

#56 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:14 AM

I had no real opinion on the Lords before this thread. But if that jerk is representative of them, then well....no thanks.

#57 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:16 AM

Hey Lords, how come you farm those reinforcing mechs and not just go for that nice genny to make an end to it and score another notch on your guns ?

I know for a fact that your highly structured approach to game- and combined teamplay allows you to pull that off without too much of a problem .

Hmmmm, smells funny, lads ´n lasses, really funny .
And these are the people that PGI uses to balance this game ...

#58 EddieDaHead

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHeartLand of the USA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:19 AM

this is modus operandi for goons.....every game they have ever been in is all about exploiting any game mechanic they can...they will say it's to make the game better...but mostly is a total disruption... been with them...seen the trolls...walked away from eve....they are self aggrandizing internet turds....

don’t bother trolling me...wont be looking back

#59 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:20 AM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 12 December 2014 - 02:16 AM, said:

Hey Lords, how come you farm those reinforcing mechs and not just go for that nice genny to make an end to it and score another notch on your guns ?

I know for a fact that your highly structured approach to game- and combined teamplay allows you to pull that off without too much of a problem .

Hmmmm, smells funny, lads ´n lasses, really funny .
And these are the people that PGI uses to balance this game ...

Because you can't do that when you're a defender?...

I'd like to know what ulterior motive you think we have though. Should be funny.

Edited by Adiuvo, 12 December 2014 - 02:21 AM.

#60 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:21 AM

just going to put this here...

In case you jjust want the part that is relevant to this discussion, skip ahead to 3.04

Edited by Poptimus Rhyme, 12 December 2014 - 02:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users