187 replies to this topic

#81 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:06 AM

View Postw00tzor, on 12 December 2014 - 03:33 AM, said:

I am one of the bad boys, here.

The point is: don't blame anyone except yourself for your own mistakes. Everyone can get better, and if you can't, well, bad news.

Wrong random quote!
Do you try to get some sweety?
Ok, this little troll gets a lollipop!

But thats all for today you virtual bad boy!

Edit:
Do the "Iam a real bad boy in computer games" helps getting girls?

Edited by Galenit, 12 December 2014 - 04:08 AM.

#82 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:07 AM

View PostGalenit, on 12 December 2014 - 04:06 AM, said:

Wrong random quote!

Edit:

No need for girls, e-peen stroking is all they need.

View PostVassago Rain, on 12 December 2014 - 03:49 AM, said:

I love this post.
You're essentially saying that he and his LORD friends should go play something else. What happened to the YEARS of claims that you're all super good, that you can do so well in bad robots, or the constant chanting that everybody who has issues just need to adapt and overcome?

Just get on teamspeak, man! Get a team! You just gotta get good! Adapt and overcome!

Meanwhile, while you were all in fantasy land doing god knows what, LORDS and steel jags simply got good at shooting robots. It's like this here videogame is a shared hobby and a shared interest among friends, or something.

Edit: like they say in a later post, MWO isn't even a difficult game to get good at. Some of you bads are just laughable. Playing with kiddy gloves and babby elo for so long does that to people, I guess.

they talk about competition, in a shooter, in CS competitive servers, you are out above 100ms, yet people here have to stick with their given latency because we don't have matchservers outside the US.

they talk a lot BS about competition that is just not true. The yhave no feelign for rue fair game and anythign else, buw wow, thats cool, at the day people leave CW and they have no one to paly with, they will probably recognize that this is not the way how an underdog game is working. he game isn't even compettive to begin with. And then soem guys coming and talking about competition WOW, lol, try again dude.
and as in mot agmes, beign good is not hard, but the small gap between good and owning all is just that small thing more that makes the entire difference. But yes i get it, epople should not have fun, they should addict and tryhard a game, Thats truly how underdog games work these days and make sure to keep their income with a healthy amount of playerbase.

View PostGrantham Besat, on 12 December 2014 - 04:03 AM, said:

So how exactly can Lordz give you a fair fight without giving up their own fun. The entire argument that a team is self-serving by playing a game by the rules of the game just so a group of people who refuse to put forth effort can have fun is self-serving in itself. The entire premise that units who try should stop so baddies have fun is hypocritical.

So beating babies is fun? nice definition of fun.
Further more how much fun will they have when no one palys anymore?
you guys are indescribable horrible in game desing.

there is a reaosn why most sports are seperated into leagues. think about it, and PC gaming is nothing different from that. No one would constantly watch a major league club to 50:0 a amateur club. Nor would anyone pat the back of that major league club and say : "good job".

Yet in onlinegaming, those major league clubs for some reason develop an ego that makes them confidient and selfpatting their back when they constantly go those 50:0 matches.

And when soemone comes telling them how stupid and unfun, nor great or cool it is, they point fingers and flame "baddies". God its hard to describe how pitiful this behaviour is and how those people are too blind to see this.

Edited by Lily from animove, 12 December 2014 - 04:17 AM.

#83 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:14 AM

So how exactly can Lordz give you a fair fight without giving up their own fun. The entire argument that a team is self-serving by playing a game by the rules of the game just so a group of people who refuse to put forth effort can have fun is self-serving in itself. The entire premise that units who try should stop so baddies have fun is hypocritical.

to true.

so whats the fix if the bulk of the smaller groups and pugs stay away? we already know the fuss it was when the larger groups where in the pug group.
12 mans are the boogy man and we already know the pug groups fear them and dont wana play with them.
Leave CW to the 1337s? not enough of you to make it worth running the extra servers.. IMO of course.

#84 w00tzor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationMechlab

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:16 AM

Wrong random quote!

Edit:

Ah, you scrubs will never learn.

#85 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:18 AM

No its really just a side effect of f2p games but it is amusing to those of us that can add up numbers without our fingers and toes.

#86 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:23 AM

I think the main issue is the dropships do not spend enough time present over the drop zone. They should zoom in, switch to a hover position for 30 seconds then drop the mechs. This would give the dropships time to actually clear an LZ rather than always dropping in a hotzone.

#87 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:24 AM

Wrong random quote!

Edit:

This made me laugh, not who its directed at or anything.
Just imagining what a young lady would think when told " hey im a real badass at computer games, the pugs fear us my Clan House of whoopass, btw i cant go out tuesdays and thursdays cause its computer game training nights and sunday im going to kick some ass on my computer".

sorry.

#88 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:26 AM

So how exactly can Lordz give you a fair fight without giving up their own fun.

how is spawn camping fun?

View Postw00tzor, on 12 December 2014 - 04:16 AM, said:

Ah, you scrubs will never learn.

you tell'em you bad boy you!

#89 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:32 AM

To be honest what you all need to understand is that if the defender is base camping an attacker then its really kind of like putting a lame horse down. Why let it suffer when it can be over quick.

Edited by Grantham Besat, 12 December 2014 - 04:34 AM.

#90 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:34 AM

riiiight...

#91 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:36 AM

View PostMalleus011, on 11 December 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

Yep, spawn camping is alive and well, Dropships and turrets notwithstanding.

No no... Dropships and turrets are definitely withstanding! :unsure:

#92 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:38 AM

View Postw00tzor, on 12 December 2014 - 03:33 AM, said:

I am one of the bad boys, here.

The point is: don't blame anyone except yourself for your own mistakes. Everyone can get better, and if you can't, well, bad news.

At this point I would say this is a design flaw in the game itself, sort of like if you could win a game of chess by punching the other guy in the face and it was somehow not prohibited by the rules. Obviously the design intention is that has no place in the game... but the design implementation is flawed in this case. Exploiting a flawed build is something that always happens in online gaming, the only hope is that it gets fixed. It is called exploiting because it was never supposed to happen but a flaw left an opening.

Forgive me if I don't applaud Rocky Balboa too loudly for sucker punching Bobby Fisher before he could castle because "Hey, you know... uhh, there wasn't nothing said I couldn't, you know... ADRIAN!!!"

#93 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:41 AM

This thread is familiar, oh wait, it was it in EVE and in SWG. In SWG guilds lined up their Bounty Hunter alts execution style in their guild hall and killed them with their Jedi for force ranking while the doc rezzed them. Over and over again. When people told them that it wasn't in the spirit of the game they just said all was fair and my favourite: "Who are you to tell me how I should have fun? We are having fun."

Edited by Catra Lanis, 12 December 2014 - 04:42 AM.

#94 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:42 AM

basically PGI replaced a team queue with MM based on skill with a team queue with MM based on faction. Wonder why the ROFL stomps ensue?

#95 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:45 AM

I didnt see any of these 12 man teams win a 12 v 12 except once and they were beat and ninja's the gen to get the win. Yep they won a few but it was 12 v 10 etc. All the 12 v 12 they lost or had to ninja the Gen and they did get the Generator about 3 times.

So from my experience in game this whole topic is fabricated.

Ya they were winning 12 v 10's. Twice they were on the defence in clan mechs, they should have won those matches.

*shrug*

As a matter of fact the were losing some of the matches they had an advantage 12 v 11 even, but they were on the offense. Thats why they arent flipping planets.

Alot of the planets are being flipped because lack of opposition. The alerts system has to be improved.

#96 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

So far, everything is going as I predicted. I just don't know if it'll take weeks or months to fully play out. B)

#97 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

View PostChemie, on 12 December 2014 - 04:42 AM, said:

basically PGI replaced a team queue with MM based on skill with a team queue with MM based on faction. Wonder why the ROFL stomps ensue?

Cause the better team will always beat the less coordinated team. I've been saying it for months now. Why is it a problem?

#98 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:47 AM

We on Lords HATE the spawn camping. We generally hate playing the Defend gametype because of that. But we've been doing it because it's the fastest way to make the game end and the way the game plays out is exactly the same if we were camping the base or the passes. We even had a few games where the other team refused to break down the gate and told us to come out to their spawn to fight them when we were defending.

That's why we want a way to end the Defend gametype early if it really is a stomp. So we don't waste everyone's time with completely boring and unfun spawn camping.

Personally I want nothing more than to play Attack gametypes when we actually attack a planet and can go for the generator instead of spending 9.5/10 games defending counterattacks instead. It's games like these that I want:

Edited by Krivvan, 12 December 2014 - 04:50 AM.

#99 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:49 AM

I lost a match against one of the 12 man teams it was 12 v 10 and my score was higher than anyone on either team.

The point is you dont have to be in a guild to do well in the faction wars. You can do well even in a lost match and in fact get to show off a bit.

Ya its bragging, and I wouldnt but making a point is all.

#100 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:49 AM

Cause the better team will always beat the less coordinated team. I've been saying it for months now. Why is it a problem?

Thats not the problem though.

The problem is that spawn camping defeats the purpose of a multiple life gamemode.

For this type of gamemode to work spawn camping simply cannot be allowed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users