#1 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:34 PM

1) Trapped behind own gates

2) Only 1 Gate + multiple attack points, meaning you are stuck on your own base, anywhere you move leaves it vunerable to anyone of the entry ways.

Where as, IF you could actually bypass your own gate, and you hard 2 gate they hard to bypass, you would actually have some sort of room to move, in between gates as a PROPER buffer zone.

3) There is no overhead way of bypassing your own gates. Defenders are just as hindered, or even more hindered by their own defenses.

If there was some sort of way, I dunno, to cross your own gates, either a drop down platform of bridge to make defense smart, or some kinda actual defense platform and things easier for the defender as they should be...

4) Spawn points are static

5) There is no way to defend your gate turrets. The only way to engage the enemy is to LET them break thru your defenses.

6) with the way maps are set up, it is impossible for the defenders to go to the attackers spawn point and pre-empt them.

Things are balanced so that attackers can sit back and reform on heavily disorganiazed crowded defenders. Who die as they spawn.

7) There is no input form your own defenses where they are being attacked etc.

Edited by ManDaisy, 11 December 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#2 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

Funny, I've found attacking much harder and suckier than defending. Perhaps we can trade a few of your points for a longer respawn time for the defenders?

#3 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

View PostTechorse, on 11 December 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

Funny, I've found attacking much harder and suckier than defending. Perhaps we can trade a few of your points for a longer respawn time for the defenders?

Significantly longer spawn times for defenders.

#4 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

View PostRhent, on 11 December 2014 - 08:36 PM, said:

Significantly longer spawn times for defenders.

Most A/D games do this. In Team Fortress 2, the RED team (defending) has to wait nearly 3X the time the BLU team (attacking) does to respawn. It allows BLU to take the objective by knocking a hole through the RED team's roster first. We don't have that here, I think, unless I'm mistaken.

#5 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:46 PM

Basically, attackers have choice of trickle down or not. Defenders, don't, which means the game is effectively over once one static drop zone gets spawn camped.

#6 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Odd. My only victory tonight came during a defense.

#7 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts

You musta been dropping with trickle down newbs.

#8 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:47 PM

If attackers are getting into defenders bases and spawn camping, you would have lost to a team actually going for the objective a lot quicker.

#9 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:50 PM

Not necessarily. Thats a pure assumption. Easier to take out the team and not take return fire, then take out the objective while taking return fire.

Edited by ManDaisy, 11 December 2014 - 08:51 PM.

#10 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

View PostManDaisy, on 11 December 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

Basically, attackers have choice of trickle down or not. Defenders, don't, which means the game is effectively over once one static drop zone gets spawn camped.

If this is happening realistically, maybe the Leopards need their canon armaments of 2 PPC's and 3 LRM 20's in addition to their large lasers.

#11 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:23 PM

My only issue was that it only takes the attackers capturing one generator to secure a victory. Totally pissed when I found this out the hard way. We were three mins away from wining, that attackers where very down on numbers and only 1 out of 3 capture points was in danger of being capped. Seemed like a sure win because well it just makes sense that the team with the most objectives in their position would win right? I mean seriously? One point get capped and your done??

#12 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:26 PM

Attacking is more difficult if the attacking team doesn't....well...attack. All it takes is one coordinated push by attackers to swamp defending LZ and win. I can tell in the first few minutes who is going to win based on what the teams do. A hard push by attackers will always let them win. A stalled and spread out attack always loses. I think defending is easier personally, but when you lose its a true stomp.

#13 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:34 PM

View PostRhaythe, on 11 December 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

Odd. My only victory tonight came during a defense.
odd... all 3 of my victories came from defending.

I do have to admit that the (stand behind a wall and wait for the attackers to bust through) game mechanic is a bit boring. There also needs to be a way for the defenders to defend the walls as in like Archers on a castle wall lol.

#14 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:35 PM

Clan wolf has been trying to grab one planet for like 5 hours now and its been stuck at alike 3 zones captured.

#15 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:49 PM

View PostBrody319, on 11 December 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

Clan wolf has been trying to grab one planet for like 5 hours now and its been stuck at alike 3 zones captured.
thats good. Planets should not flip that easy all the time.

#16 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:53 PM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 11 December 2014 - 09:49 PM, said:

thats good. Planets should not flip that easy all the time.

It should at least be possible. Clan Wolf got a bunch of a wolfaboos who joined only because it had a Wolf, then because they had a **** ton of IS mechs, are forced to run the Trial Clan mechs.

I've had an a guy ask if he should change his Stock loadout on his Hellbringer...

Also doesn't help that the Planet in question only has the snow map, which is the greatest defender stack map every created. 2 doors really close together, Defense doesn't have to split up or worry about being flanked. drop ships can fire down with their Large Lasers of doom, The only time I've won on that map, was when the match maker didn't make an enemy team to fight.

Edited by Brody319, 11 December 2014 - 09:55 PM.

#17 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:55 PM

Of the 4 matches i have had, 3 had no opposing team. The on match i did get it was 12 pugs against a 12 man with the pugs defending. It was ridiculously easy for the attackers to penetrate our defences - Its completely flawed that there is no real way to fire on the enemy until they have already entered the base. Indirect fire weapons are pretty much useless as you cant get a lock on anything. Once they open the 3 gates they deathball to the orbital cannon, ignoring defending mechs and gun turrets

Was over in 8.5 minutes

What a real let down

#18 WhoDidTheElf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:00 PM

I think the attackers could use for a heavier set. Say 300 tons vs. the 240 for the defenders.

#19 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:02 PM

View PostWhoDidTheElf, on 11 December 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

I think the attackers could use for a heavier set. Say 300 tons vs. the 240 for the defenders.

yes. This would help a ton. Or just decrease the defender's tonnage limits, they already got the deadliest turrets in the game, choke points galore and dropships that are so close to the Objective you cannot push very long without being face melted.

#20 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:14 PM

Something needs to be done as trying to push the main gun, you have several turrets, plus the dropship lighting you up. First match or two were pretty good matches, but now that people have figured out how to defend....not hard to just do a fighting retreat and hold near the gun...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users