Light Rush=Instant Cw Win?

53 replies to this topic

#1 DasSibby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:11 PM

I faced off against The B33f and his CW team today...

They won within 2 minutes.

12 lights all jump-jetted over the gates, had a mad rush to the base, and while we got 2 of them, they capped our base almost instantly.

*Sigh....* And yes... I'm sure B33f was making this face the whole time...

Posted Image

#2 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:28 PM

I've been wondering about that. Especially with the way the Framerate is messing with people right now. I personally find it impossible to track medium mechs, to say nothing about a light, on my low end computer at close range.

#3 gregsolidus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:30 PM

Not much you can do to balance that...

#4 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:33 PM

Watch for NS they did the exact same thing. My team lasted to the last wave with all assaults/heavies just plowing into the base... the dropship should do more damage to lights to discourage this crap.

#5 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:38 PM

Zerg rush only works if you aren't expecting it- even 12 Lights take time to kill the cannon so you have to focus fire them down. It's a strategy that depends on lack of coordination by the enemy.

Edited by Lord Ikka, 11 December 2014 - 11:39 PM.

#6 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:41 PM

Just wait until the frame rate is fixed and proper hit reg is in place.

One Base stand and 12 dead lights will end that crap real fast. Lets see him post that video.

#7 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:12 AM

Another issue is the defending team moving too far away from Omega, which makes them more vulnerable to a zerg rush. That's something I think will change when people are more familiar with the game mode.

#8 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:39 AM

Well... no.
I've only played 2 matches so far, true, but both had an aspect of lights rushing and it didn't work as well as one might expect. Turrets mostly hit hard, dropships do as well and once your ECM is neutered you simply don't have the punch to carry you all the way.

What worked quite well was a light lance with JJs and LR sniping weapons. Slowly chipping away the enemy armor, acting as a suppression/area denial force.
Second noticeable light deployment was a lance with ECM and many SRMs hitting the front lines when half of our team was still on their way to where the fight was happening. Boy, was that fun to watch...

Surpsiringly I find quite many roles for lights in CW and I appreciate it. They are far from OP though.

#9 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:26 AM

I think a few more turrets with some SMPL by OMEGA would help with the zerg rush.

#10 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:37 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 11 December 2014 - 11:38 PM, said:

Zerg rush only works if you aren't expecting it- even 12 Lights take time to kill the cannon so you have to focus fire them down. It's a strategy that depends on lack of coordination by the enemy.

so how to prepae for the hitreg if you are playing from europe with 120ms? when 4 people due to hitreg need 12s + to tkae out a single lgiht then 12 lights with ecm have enough time to shred the objective.

#11 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:41 AM

View PostSpeedingBus, on 11 December 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

Watch for NS they did the exact same thing. My team lasted to the last wave with all assaults/heavies just plowing into the base... the dropship should do more damage to lights to discourage this crap.

Proof that it can be thwarted with proper play!

#12 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:42 AM

Have a streak boats in your drop deck, sync eject the moment you see that kind of push.

#13 Gamgan

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:14 AM

I fought against TheBeef and his snakeloving unit last night. We got crushed. Think the score was 3-40 before I was disconnected. They where organized really well. They first fought long range to chip away a few mechs, and soon as they took down a gate they pushed together with 2 lances of heavies and assaults. They set up a firing line and once they had cover just stayed there picking off defenders. It was painful to watch but a very sound technique. Cant wait to face them again but with 12 man from my unit. Mandatory trash talk in chat was also present :)

#14 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:16 AM

Were they in Inner sphere lights? the IS may have better lights, but they face stiff competition from Clan mech with stacks of Streak 6's

#15 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:16 AM

Streak boats, AC40, 2xGauss builds nearby your base could easily crush a light rush. People are simply getting caught off guard by the speed of the light rush and move too far away from the orbital cannon.

#16 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

How it probably happened:

#17 Artgathan

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 11 December 2014 - 11:38 PM, said:

In the B33F's video it takes them 15 seconds to down the cannon (from the second the first person shoots it to the instant it explodes.

#18 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostArtgathan, on 13 December 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

In the B33F's video it takes them 15 seconds to down the cannon (from the second the first person shoots it to the instant it explodes.

You can kill a lot of lights in 15 seconds if you are waiting for them.

#19 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:50 PM

We've stomped several zerg rushes. You just need to hit the ground with a plan for it depending on which map.

It's a solid tactic though and in some ways about the only way the attackers have of winning against anything like a solid defense.

#20 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:50 PM

lol this is unstappable an does not require lights.... try stopping zerg rush of 12 s-crows not happening and it takes on a bad drop 2 waves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users