43 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Breaker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 111 posts
  • LocationEngland, Great Britain

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:36 AM

So far I've been waiting to join a game for 22 minutes. And still no one in my squad. Is this normal??

The last game I played our team (attackers) got hammered there there was just 1 guy left who had 2 mech left. Each time he came to drop his mech the defending team were just waiting for him. It was kinda silly having to watch this spawn killing. There should be some kinda boundary where the opposing Can't spawn kill with some kinda out of bounds limit kinda like in battlefield bad company 2.

And now I've been waiting 28 minutes and still nothing.

#2 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:37 AM

Theres a bug that doesn't show people in your team until the team is full.
Wait times are quite high, tho, yes.

#3 Walt Skandasky

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPordenone, Italy

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

Thanks for the question (I'm here to ask exactly the same one) and for the answer

now I just need to wait ... and wait ... and wait :)

#4 RassilonMonk

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:48 AM

Heh, I got idle time out booted from the game waiting. kinda defeats the purpose of waiting in a queue :/

#5 Darth Mech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

dropping as a solo, my wait times last night averaged about nine minutes.

Today, my first match took five minutes to find, we were 12 pick-up group (various IS tags defending) vs. a 3 or 4 man + others Clan Wolf attack. I expect the wait times to go down with the challenge and the weekend warriors coming on line.

While waiting, I dust or wash a dish, or read, shred some mail, work on that final paper a bit. If you don't sit there staring at the timer, it seems to go faster.

Our pick-up group won handily, btw. A five minute wait for a 30 minute match is reasonable, I think.

Edited by Darth Mech, 12 December 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#6 bluepiglet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

Waiting takes forever. Fed up queuing there for 20, 30 min and still getting no game. Not knowing how many more players are needed for the drop is most frustrating.

But to be honest, knowing PGI for what it is, I didn't put too much hope for a functional CW anyway.

#7 Darth Mech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

Defend planets bordering Clans, seems to cut the wait a bit for me.

#8 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:29 AM

Personally been waiting 40 minutes to find a match, dunno why PGI thought that a challenge for CW would be a good idea, when people are having wait times that rival the length of the goddamn matches.

Edited by Janitor101, 12 December 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#9 Curley GumboKiller Bradley

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCold State

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:59 AM

At 26:09 minutes and counting. How do you get into a Gosh Darn battle?

#10 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:01 AM

The real challenge of this weekend will be to get enough matches in the time allotted.

#11 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostMalleus011, on 12 December 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

The real challenge of this weekend will be to get enough matches in the time allotted.

yep.

#12 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostDarth Mech, on 12 December 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

dropping as a solo, my wait times last night averaged about nine minutes.

Today, my first match took five minutes to find, we were 12 pick-up group (various IS tags defending) vs. a 3 or 4 man + others Clan Wolf attack. I expect the wait times to go down with the challenge and the weekend warriors coming on line.

While waiting, I dust or wash a dish, or read, shred some mail, work on that final paper a bit. If you don't sit there staring at the timer, it seems to go faster.

Our pick-up group won handily, btw. A five minute wait for a 30 minute match is reasonable, I think.

Lucky, dropping solo today I'm continually getting no matches after 20 minutes of waiting...I've gotten 3 damn matches in 4 hours.

#13 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

Try finding the planet where the attackers have tokens, that might speed things up. I notice that there seems to be focused effort on those worlds and perhaps more people waiting in the queue for a match there.

I waited last night for combined 30minutes on three tries on worlds with 0 attacker tokens and didn't find matches before I canceled. Then I moved over and tried the world where my faction had 4 attack tokens and I found 3 matches in about 40minutes of combined waiting. (5min wait, 15min wait, 20min wait, as it got later in the evening)

#14 64K RAM SYSTEM

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:52 AM

#15 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:54 AM

View Post64K RAM SYSTEM, on 12 December 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

Hey its my namesake.

#16 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

2 matches in 3-4 hours.

Really, I don't care what their reasons are for launching this early. A system should be MINIMALLY functional before we are asked to test it.

We get angry at companies like Ubisoft launching ugy piles of crap like Unity. Yet PGI is getting praised because they gave us a broken mess 1 week early?

I would much rather have waited a few weeks or even into next year, if it meant I actually get a playable product. All this 'beta' launch has done is aggravate and make me hate CW.

This is what TEST servers are for. They have a PTS. This should be on the PTS, not on their live game. I just don't understand what the mindset is that makes people accept such poor quality. I really wish developers and gamers set themselves a higher standard in general. Or we'll just continue to get games like Assassins Creed Unity and that will just be the usual release and not an exception.

Case in point, this utterly useless CW 'launch'.

Edited by Arcturious, 12 December 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#17 massari

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationRome, NY

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:16 PM

They should at least be playing Tom Petty while we wait...

#18 Kirtanus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 156 posts
  • LocationRDL

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:17 PM

time waiting not longer 5 minutes for me and my teammates. looks fine for beta release)

#19 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

In theory, the call to defend means it's a shorter wait.

In theory, I say, 25 minutes later...

#20 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:19 PM

Well they had no idea how many people would participate. The number of worlds open to attack is clearly too high as there arent enough people to fill them all out.

Though clearly they need a way to tell how many people are waiting on a planet to get into queue. In their closed testing they probably had 200 people and only a few worlds open or it was coordinated.

They could short term fix this by cutting the worlds open to attack/defend in half, since CW hasnt quite caught on yet. Hopefully they can do that without patches. Just dynamically.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users