Zerg Push, Community Warfare Against Clans A Joke

65 replies to this topic

#1 Taynak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

ok. i don't want to get into a long drawn out debate about this, i won't even respond or look at the post again afterward but i have to say this...

The Clans are far too OP... it only takes them 2 lances to come in and win. there is no chance against them.

they paid a bunch of money and now they just win all the time... yay.... thank you so much for that...

i thought you guys were trying to balance the game with the addition of the shield gens for the gun, but it only made the Zerg that much worse... there is no strategy to this...

and put this in reverse... if the innersphere mechs tried this strategy... which they do... they instantly die... and clans win...

im not the only one who is saying this but apparently the only one with the balls to tell you that you have an unbalanced game..

#2 ImperialAce

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

Agreed.

#3 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

You do know that all the first 8 clan mechs are free now, don't you? If you really think they are that much better, then join them.

Personally I've tried being in a 12 man pug team with IS mechs that won against a 12 man premade clan team. Both as attacker and as a defender. It can be done.

#4 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

another clans OP thread, NO they are not.... newest version of IS zerg rush i have encountered is 6 atlas d-dc 6 crabs 2 waves of that game set match, so far we havent stopped it so IS is OP? no we just countered it fully yet.. would be nice if PGI would make it easier to switch your mechs in and out of your drop dec when knowing you are attacking or defending

#5 Diznitch

• PipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:24 PM

Ember, Raven 3L, Atlas DDC are all pretty solid mechs for me these days. QQ?

#6 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

They're OP and I fear that was the design of this, otherwise how else could clans push into the inner sphere.

If you can't see this then you're in denial.

#7 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

If you have no imagination on how to rush with IS mechs like the Clan mechs... you're not that good.

In the brief time with Kurita, pushing IS mechs to win a base is not that hard. It isn't that much different now.

#8 totgeboren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 357 posts
  • LocationUmeå, Sweden

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:32 PM

If they were balanced, the borders on the big map should remain fairly stationary. How much have the clan expanded in these last days?

#9 Shaka808

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHonolulu

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

I dont find either side OP just the way the invasion mode is setup is boreing as hell. Rarely do you see a close match and the stomps are even worse than normal since its usually 48-10s at most.

#10 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

The more I play IS vs Clans the more I find that the issue is that any real coordination on attacking Sulfur all but guarantees a win for the attacker regardless of faction. It takes some real, near intentional derping to blow attacking Sulfur.

Anywhere else is getting more and more... fuzzy. A lot of new tactics being developed, countered, re-created. Just had a match on Boreal a bit ago where an IS light mech zerg rush was stopped - repeatedly, on Boreal.

Stopping clans is about coordination and sticking to the plan. Same with attacking them. Same as against the IS. Different tactics and builds for both but it's doable.

You need a drop commander willing to give commands and a team willing to follow them. Pugs, premade, doesn't matter. That is what matters.

#11 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostJimboFBX, on 20 December 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

They're OP and I fear that was the design of this, otherwise how else could clans push into the inner sphere.

If you can't see this then you're in denial.

Are you for real, yes their Op and yes they were designed to be OP, not for MW:O but for battletech, PGI have done a great job of of keeping them in balance though.

Clan mechs XL's are better, their weapons fire further, their weapons weight less, their armor has FF built into it and their equipment all weights less and everything takes up less crits slot.

IS mechs front load the damage where as PGI designed the clan weapons to be over time and that damage can be spread/tanked

Knowing how to hit clan mechs and their weak points is a start but you need to learn to spread damage and make the most of the IS quirk system.

#12 Kylian Winters

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

Adapt, devise counter tactics. New strategy is new, people will develop counters.

#13 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostKylian Winters, on 20 December 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

Adapt, devise counter tactics. New strategy is new, people will develop counters.

Which is exactly why we do NOT need to make all CW Skirmish mode. Have had more complex and shifting tactics in the last 8 days than in the last 18 months.

#14 Tuann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard, with a beer, chocolate and waffles

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:30 PM

i am truly sorry to say that the OP has no idea what he is talking about.
I understand frustration after being stomped a few times, but that happens to clans aswell.

The thunderbolt energy laser build who can just keep on spamming without overheating, 3 ER PPC's zombie build
the dragon that just dakka's AC's as if they are machine guns
10 firestarter + 2 spider/raven/cicada rush to take out generators,...
Sure, Clan mechs can pack a punch, but they are hot as hell.

It is just about tactics, counter tactics and skill.

If an IS light rush starts and you don't have enough streaks, they are only stoppable by the base defense turrets,..
The amount of direct hit lasers i need to pour into a firestarter or spider is laughable. It seems like half just doesn't register.

A speed rush with thunderbolts and shadow hawks is very tough to stop...
PPc snipers, gauss snipers,..

Clans have been handed crushing defeats and so have the IS ,...
the game is incredibly balanced and trust me, many clanners find IS quirked mechs also OP.

However, there is a big certainty,..
if you face a 12 man on comms (or 10-man) and you are yourself with random people, without comms,..
then it is NOT about the mechs anymore, because your chances will be reduced drastically.
It can still be won, but it will be a challenge. Group yourself, go on NGNG or public team speaks and fight coordinated,.. it's the best advice to give instead of commenting about pay to win clans or OP is quirked mechs.

If you believe clan mechs are OP, by some clan mechs for C-Bills,.. you'll be surprised how fragile and hot the buggers are..
Some chassis are incredibly good, but so are IS variants,.. thats why they are tiered. and trust me, some clan mechs really could use some quirk love too, to make them viable in CW

group up, get organized and enjoy the show

#15 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

wanna know why i'm not more constructive in threads like this?

Because I was constructive in the first 5 duplicate threads.

Keep your clans are OP QQ confined to threads already in existence at least

#16 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

It's because of their huge range advantage. When IS boat ER PPCs, gauss rifles, AC5s, and assorted such things, they can keep up with the clans.

So if you make a focused long range build, you can keep up with the clan ER medium laser. Yes. They need to simply strip the bonus range, or give IS mirror ER guns already.

#17 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

Stop fighting clans that's what i do. Sick of killing timber after timer.

#18 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:56 PM

View Posttotgeboren, on 20 December 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

If they were balanced, the borders on the big map should remain fairly stationary. How much have the clan expanded in these last days?

The clans have 3 mechs that are a bit better than the IS mechs (stormcrow, timberwolf, direwolf). The difference is slight, but there. Better lasers generally, but IS ballistics and LRMS are better. Not to mention some of the IS quirks (Thunderbolts anyone?) make them really fierce.

The reason why clans are pushing in so far is because several of the best teams in MWO are playing clans. If you face LORD or SJR you will probably get smoked, but it has little to do with clan mechs, and more to do with players that practice together every single day.

#19 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:45 PM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 20 December 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

The clans have 3 mechs that are a bit better than the IS mechs (stormcrow, timberwolf, direwolf). The difference is slight, but there. Better lasers generally, but IS ballistics and LRMS are better. Not to mention some of the IS quirks (Thunderbolts anyone?) make them really fierce.

The reason why clans are pushing in so far is because several of the best teams in MWO are playing clans. If you face LORD or SJR you will probably get smoked, but it has little to do with clan mechs, and more to do with players that practice together every single day.

All the best players are on the same faction. I wonder why this is.

#20 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 20 December 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

All the best players are on the same faction. I wonder why this is.

Except... they are not? There are some solid units in every faction right now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users