Coordination.

527 replies to this topic

#521 Juvat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechbay tinkering with my Mechs...

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:19 AM

View PostAce Kaller, on 28 January 2015 - 04:34 PM, said:

Piddles, the point is that when you come in as a merc, you are playing for the faction, and our two factions have a treaty. Please respect it, to do otherwise is just not classy.

The problem with this is that players who are loyal to factions think they run the whole faction and that is not the case. If it were PGI would have made it to where there could be no attacks across these borders (for any ceasefire agreement not just Marik-Liao units). Or better yet they would have made the factions controllable by the player base. It was in my estimation looking at situations just like this was a reason why PGI would not release control of factions to the player base. Thus while some units have ceasefire agreements they try to get others to observe there is nothing in place beyond that. To sit there and then subsequently bash units or players who do not wish to abide by agreements they would not enter into but instead honor the contracts of the factions they hire on for is absurd at best. This is a game about big stompy robots going to battle. While I appreciate the greater aspect of diplomacy within an RP scope of the game please recognize that there are some who are just here to play a game and do not take this seriously at all. I know I have paid my hard earned money into this game and like to play how I determine. I'm sure all would be wise to remember that in regards to this game and not try to dictate to others what they should do with theirs. See you on the battlefield MechWarriors :)

#522 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:30 AM

View PostJuvat, on 30 January 2015 - 07:19 AM, said:

The problem with this is that players who are loyal to factions think they run the whole faction and that is not the case. If it were PGI would have made it to where there could be no attacks across these borders (for any ceasefire agreement not just Marik-Liao units). Or better yet they would have made the factions controllable by the player base. It was in my estimation looking at situations just like this was a reason why PGI would not release control of factions to the player base. Thus while some units have ceasefire agreements they try to get others to observe there is nothing in place beyond that. To sit there and then subsequently bash units or players who do not wish to abide by agreements they would not enter into but instead honor the contracts of the factions they hire on for is absurd at best. This is a game about big stompy robots going to battle. While I appreciate the greater aspect of diplomacy within an RP scope of the game please recognize that there are some who are just here to play a game and do not take this seriously at all. I know I have paid my hard earned money into this game and like to play how I determine. I'm sure all would be wise to remember that in regards to this game and not try to dictate to others what they should do with theirs. See you on the battlefield MechWarriors :)

Dude, what is your problem? Why would you want to ruin a treaty and thereby possibly ruin everyone else's game because you're impatient or just a contrarian?

#523 Ace Kaller

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGettysburg, PA

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:33 AM

I would be wise to remember...?

Do you know how condescending that sounds?

You claim you don't take the game seriously, then why are you SO seriously bent on violating the treaty that we all have set out in good faith? You are seriously trying to ruin other people's fun, that's what you're doing. I'm trying to be polite here about this whole thing, which is more than I can say for your unit's actions and your words on here.

#524 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:41 AM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 30 January 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

We took Wekapug like a ninja at the last second. All day I was trying to get people into queue there and the response I got everytime was "I'll wait until more are in queue" so it was just me and one other stranger 90% of the day. Then suddenly with 45mins left we got one unit and then BAM! like 50 guys got on and we just barely made it in time.

The moral of the story is that if you want to win planets but no one is in queue yet GET IN QUEUE! People will follow you. Be a leader, not sheep. We are Liao, not Davion.

Agreed. I get that some people don't have a lot of time, but I wish more people would be willing to sit in the queue for a few minutes in order to help take planets.

#525 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:59 PM

@Juvat

You and your unit are of course not bound to any treaty that was made by some players. It's a gentlemens agreement. If you honor it or not is totally your decision. But you know, if you want to farm LP for Marik, why did you chose one of the calmest borders in the whole galaxy? Sure, attacking Steiner or Kurita would probably net the same results as against Liao (=not many fights or just ghost drops) and I can understand that you might not want to attack your former "employer". Just be frank and honest with your intention.

#526 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

With the recent and welcome visit from a refitting FRR unit, I've suggested that the FRR begin the process that the Combine has- migrating away from the Clan advance to form a new enclave out of the line of fire.

That the very same unit just took the Lyran planet of Shaula may be another embattled nation on it's first step to freedom from the forces that torment it. Perhaps our Concord brethren-in-arms from the Free Worlds League may one day have a neighbor that is more interested in a unified, organized battle against the spawn of Kerensky than the outdated ambitions of old.

#527 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

View Postwanderer, on 30 January 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

With the recent and welcome visit from a refitting FRR unit, I've suggested that the FRR begin the process that the Combine has- migrating away from the Clan advance to form a new enclave out of the line of fire.

That the very same unit just took the Lyran planet of Shaula may be another embattled nation on it's first step to freedom from the forces that torment it. Perhaps our Concord brethren-in-arms from the Free Worlds League may one day have a neighbor that is more interested in a unified, organized battle against the spawn of Kerensky than the outdated ambitions of old.

We're heading north, just tell them to stay out of our way :D

#528 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:54 PM

We're heading north, just tell them to stay out of our way :D

And east, as well. The FRR is untainted by Davion lies and even more sorely pressed than the Combine. Welcome them in their efforts against the Lyrans and find a friend to stand in an enemy's place- for Steiner stabbed them in the back even as Davion struck at the Combine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users