Zerg The Generator Mode Needs To Be Fixed!

75 replies to this topic

#61 Veritae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:30 AM

View PostBrody319, on 13 December 2014 - 10:39 PM, said:

Wait near the gen. They rush it, you Drop the hammer. SRMs, UACs and Pulse lasers will stop rushes faster than any other weapon.

I've posted this in other threads. I am also a fan of lb10x, but defending against a zerg rush is crazy easy. In another couple of days, no one will bother with a wave 1 rush any more.

Stop bringing your pug or public meta skirmish builds to CW. Recognize the objective, and change your playstyle to achieve it.

#62 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:01 AM

View PostIIIuminaughty, on 13 December 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

what they need to fix is the fact mechs with jump jets can jump into the cannon and and attack it with out being harmed by the defending mechs...thats bullshit

Get jump jets. Follow them.

My god you guys are all terribad.

4 Kintaros with streaks will stop a zerg rush.

All of you people make me so sad :(

Please go back to puggies.

#63 Veritae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 14 December 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Get jump jets. Follow them.

My god you guys are all terribad.

4 Kintaros with streaks will stop a zerg rush.

All of you people make me so sad :(

Please go back to puggies.

Again, by next weekend, the Phase 1 Zerg Rush craze will be over. It is simply too easy to counter if you have done more than 1 defensive drop.

#64 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:07 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 13 December 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

Currently invasion attack mode is basically an auto win for the attackers if they know what they are doing. There is no way you can defend the generator from a zerg rush with strikes on the generators.

Then fight like these guys:

<Gee, I didn't expect this video to be relevant in so many threads.>

#65 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostOnyxian, on 13 December 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

So far, it looks like rushing the generator is the only way to win. Every game I've seen that the offense wins comes down to it being destroyed by a rush to it. Defense has the odds too stacked in their favor, attackers can't win by killing everyone on D. At least in my limited experience so far.

Can people please stop exaggerating? I've been in enough games to know otherwise. Heck, my first match as attacker already belied that.

#66 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 13 December 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

how about we stop crying and not change anything

Sigh! Players should really just grow some balls and toughen up instead of running to PGI and have things destroyed.

And what is the lesson for today and for all time:
Whining incessantly does indeed produce results!

Edited by Mystere, 14 December 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#67 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 13 December 2014 - 11:36 PM, said:

Truly a thinking man's shooter.

Well, at least one attacker has obviously thought of a way to win. The onus is now on at least one defender to come up with a way to defeat it.

Those who think will think of a way. Those who don't ... will continue to rush to the forums as usual.

#68 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:32 AM

View PostVerapamil, on 14 December 2014 - 12:48 AM, said:

So then explain to me how blowing up a generator despite the fact you are probably still outnumbered at the end gives you control over the complex??

I just had a match, lost, we were winning 32-15 and they win because some guy in a spider gets behind the generator and blows it up. Despite them being still drastically out numbered, they take control of the base??

It might be a tactical victory, its certainly not an absolute one

You are not there to take over the complex. You are there to destroy those darned cannons shooting at your spaceships. :P

#69 Shadow 101

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostKanatta Jing, on 13 December 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

Yes, a lot of people assume that attacking involves shooting the defending mechs.

Not sure why though.

And there in lies another problem. Its not much fun just chaging to the objective gun then destroying it without fighting other mechs. Well not for me it aint.

Its far more fun defending and having a duck shoot at the bottle necks.

#70 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostBlitzkrieguk, on 14 December 2014 - 04:39 AM, said:

They need to find a way to balance this. There is the option of making the generator tougher, which is an easy thing to tweak.

Or defenders need to come up with a tactic that nullifies the zerg.

Asking PGI to constantly make things easier for someone is the worst approach. It should be the last possible option and obviously should never be done only 4 days after release.

Force people to use their grey matter. Of course, if they have none ...

#71 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

View Postpwnface, on 14 December 2014 - 03:42 AM, said:

I can't believe how much qq there is on the forums about this. Light zerg rush is easily counterable, it is much more difficult to read and adjust tactics when the enemy team is properly defending against a light rush.

A heavy mech rush is even easier to stop then lights. If you are losing to a heavy mech rush you are simply outclassed or have terrible coordination.

Response to TW/Stormcrow rush -

Dragon 1N. Stole your build; dropped the MLs and the engine a smidge and chuffed it full of ammo. I feel like a riot cop with a fire hose. Blunt the crap out of enemy rushes when the assault in front starts trying to back his fat King Crab ass up into the 11 guys behind him.

Actually I've taken to packing a Boomjag. You see the rush coming, eject and drop on base with it. I rear-CT cored 7 mechs in less than 60 seconds last night in a big enemy heavy zerg. It was insane. Like dropping dynamite in a barrel full of fish. Boomjag, 2xcoolant flush. Boom, boom, *flush*, boom, boom *flush*..... I could have refilled my coolant with the tears.

What shocks me is how many people bring pug queue mechs to CW and then wonder why they got face-rolled.

#72 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostMystere, on 14 December 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

Or defenders need to come up with a tactic that nullifies the zerg.

Asking PGI to constantly make things easier for someone is the worst approach. It should be the last possible option and obviously should never be done only 4 days after release.

Force people to use their grey matter. Of course, if they have none ...

My team got smoked by zerg rushes twice. We have since then stopped every one of them including a couple of competitive 12mans. We've lost to a couple of well handled heavier rushes but that was due more to having teams 1/2 full of pugs who refused to stick to the plan. Heavy push needs bottlenecked and blunted; light zerg gets reverse-zerged (lights meeting them at the gate and following them all the way to generators, legging and leaving them for cleanup) and counter-stomped at your base. Just need a couple JJ mediums standing on your own generator. That's often pretty funny.... the enemy spiders and FS9s haul it up to your generator and see 2 or 3 mediums standing right on the box they were going to jump into and they grind to a halt and you can just hear the pilot going '..... oh. Well ****' right before he dissolves in a hail of turret and mech fire.

#73 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostVerapamil, on 14 December 2014 - 12:48 AM, said:

So then explain to me how blowing up a generator despite the fact you are probably still outnumbered at the end gives you control over the complex??

It doesn't, it lets the big dropships land so your side can capture the position. Why do you think you're trying to take out the gun genius?

#74 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:37 AM

Firstly blame the queue system that allows pre-mades to fight PUG's , Have PGI not learned anything since they started?
Secondly fix the objectives and the ability to spawn camp. Not much thought has really gone into this has it?
Thirdly CW should have been a lot more than it currently is.

#75 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:47 AM

My experience so far is that the attacking team will either completely roll the generator, or won't even touch it. Had the bad luck to be in a solo drop defending vs. a 12-man. We lost in 3 minutes to a wall of Timber Wolves.

On the attacking side, a lot of players are more interested in shooting the enemy mechs (kinda understandably) than pushing the generator. I'd go as far as to say wiping out the defenders is almost impossible in 30 minutes.

The Invasion game mode is a lot of fun, but the current balance makes the matches incredibly one-sided. Which side depends on the matchmaker.

#76 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:52 AM

View PostOnyxian, on 13 December 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

So far, it looks like rushing the generator is the only way to win. Every game I've seen that the offense wins comes down to it being destroyed by a rush to it. Defense has the odds too stacked in their favor, attackers can't win by killing everyone on D. At least in my limited experience so far.

This has been my experience as well. You actually try to fight your way in and it is a guaranteed loss. I mean you have even teams but the defenders get the benefit of having murder holes, very powerful turrets, drop ships that kick the crap out of the attacker plus drop the reinforcements directly into battle. No way for a Attacker to win against that with some sort of gimmick.

Otherwise you would need probably 2 attackers for every defender to really make it equal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users