#321 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:00 PM

Honestly been thinking about this.
Since the algorithm is screwy for Liao..
Maybe go with the flow, New Avalon might not be such a bad prize. :blink:

#322 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:55 AM

View PostShinVector, on 24 February 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

Honestly been thinking about this.
Since the algorithm is screwy for Liao..
Maybe go with the flow, New Avalon might not be such a bad prize. :blink:

We just need to try this. When we don't try - we never know how it can be.

#323 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:05 AM

So, the final proposition is:

1. If main Marik's units do not mind, and if we become a chance to attack our norther planets - we will attack them, and Mariks should not prevent us from this.
2. We must not to attack any Mariks planets which are west and north-west from our capitol world SIan.
3. We will do this attacks until we reach DC space.
4. If we cut Mariks from Davions, after we reach DC, Mariks will allow to make a corridor to Davions throught our territory, and we will not prevent em. Even if for this corridor they will need our key planets like Liao and Tikonov.
5. This way we became an wormhole-island in the DC space, and can continue to deal with Kurita to make an invasion into Clan space.

I think we should try this plan, cause fights with Davions pugs is so bored and we became no pleasure from it.

#324 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:57 AM

Hi Gonta, sounds reasonable. Since I represent myself, can't speak for the rest of House Liao / CCAF but establishing clear boundaries, obtaining consensus with us and House Marik and STICKING TO OUR WORD; then it should be good. I really want House Liao to march through to Liao and Tikonov. Very generous and practical of you Gonta to allow Tikonov to become an attack corridor to Davion for House Marik.

WML

#325 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:02 AM

I think it's acceptable to everyone

#326 ImpassIve

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:07 AM

Just a note from maintainer of so-called "CW Meter".
I'd recommend to define (during discussion with FWL leaders) strict requirements to the Marik planets which would fall under this agreement.
For example: "The planet must lie to the east of Sian and it should be northern than all current Liao planets".

In this case it would be possible to automatically determine whether this day's attack vector falls under this agreement or our faction should refrain from attacking it due to ceasefire agreement.
An example of how that might look like:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by ImpassIve, 25 February 2015 - 06:20 AM.

#327 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:38 AM

This discussion would still be valid, even after the rumoured 'map reset'.

#328 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:27 AM

I would very much like to face the FWL military in war games on these planets. This might be best done at the invitation of House Marik, on a planet by planet basis, or along a pre-arranged axis of planets.

#329 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:11 AM

I think Impassive will make an algorithm, which show us available planets for atack.

#330 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:36 PM

Mariks, please confirm our proposition :)

#331 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

View PostGonta, on 25 February 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

Mariks, please confirm our proposition :)
I'm not Marik leadership but I've been wanting a southern alliance for a long while now. It pleases me to no end to see circumstances have developed that might ma ok e that a reality. Getting Liao into the fight would be awesome. It might be fun to fight each other a bit as well if just for training. Davion has been cool letting us take planets to get the algorithm to push north. I don't see why we couldn't help Liao the same way.

#332 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:05 AM

Suggest to lay out the terms clearly, then a new forum thread to announce the deal.. diplos should discuss this

#333 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:46 AM

Liao, this is a good move forward, and I would like to get this cleared with the rest of the War Council before we move forward.

For the longest time, I felt that Liao was severely hamstringed by only having one attack front while both Marik and Liao have honorably held up a well respected NAP.

I have been wanting to see if there was a way that we (Marik) could get Liao up further north to enjoy some heated battles. If only to strengthen the internal community Liao holds. In order to keep the community of players within your faction, you MUST give them the action they deserve to see.

As for trying to get Liao to move up north....this is a little tricky, but I am willing to see what all of us can do to help you in that matter. The algorithm is an unpredictable beast, but if it isn't poked, it will continue to sleep. Case in point: Scarborough has been stuck on your Marik attack front since DAY 4 of the birth of CW. It will continue to stay there until it is captured, or Altorra is captured. Then the randome fun begins. Hopefully northwards. Hopefully, getting back the Planet Liao (which you lost a long time ago, and is in Marik hands).

As far as leadership discussions go, I propose we keep all discussions way out in the open and public display. I grow tired of everybody thinking there is some sort of underhanded conspiracy going on with Marik. We really need to be as transparent as we should get with this.

The proposal you suggest is very inviting, and I would like to make sure the rest of the FWLM community is going to be onboard with all this, so it might take a day or two with comms and posts to make sure there are NO miss communications that could result in a false war. I am sure there are some others that might jump in on this opportunity to cause relations to burn, so please be wary of such breaches.

This will not be simple, as there are things moving around within mercs that might cause both our factions to call an audible, so we should become adaptable to changing situations.

Is this acceptable?

Edited by Stingr4y, 26 February 2015 - 07:56 AM.

#334 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:18 AM

The Marik Gunfighter Alliance currently holds the planet Liao under their tag. When the opportunity comes, I would like to give back this planet to Liao under the rightful owners.

Our gunfighters are currently cleaning up the war debris, and sweeping the marble floors of the great Liao halls. When you arrive, you will notice everything will be in order, and there will be a few barrels of our Whiskey (currently aging within your vaults) for your celebration of the homecoming. When this will happen, I do not know.

But when Liao gets the opportunity, the planet is all yours.

#335 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:26 AM

View PostStingr4y, on 26 February 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

Is this acceptable?

Hello!
Sometimes algorithm switches to northern Marik planets for atack. We don't want to take planets which are west from Sian, so we will not atack them.
Today we got one Davion north planet for atack and i think algorithm will switch to this direction.
I hope all Liaosits will follow my proposition and will keep their word not to atack Marik's planets west and north-west from Sian.
Anyway we just want to try this. If it fails, the ceasefire is still active and any side can ask another to stop.
I personally agree with all of this and I hope other Liaosits will agree too.

#336 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:31 AM

View PostGonta, on 26 February 2015 - 08:26 AM, said:

I personally agree with all of this and I hope other Liaosits will agree too.

To keep things clear, please create a new thread with this proposal, and all factions interested may discuss.

#337 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:36 AM

Here is new thread
Here is thread in Marik section.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users