Marik/liao Ceasefire

336 replies to this topic

#281 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:58 PM

The previous poster is most definitely not mad about CW, and the impotent performance of his solo pug drop-only unit (who also have no planet tags, if I didn't mention that before).

#282 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:01 PM

View PostbobF, on 09 February 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

The previous poster is most definitely not mad about CW, and the impotent performance of his solo pug drop-only unit (who also have no planet tags, if I didn't mention that before).

You put a lot of emphasis on tags on planets. Compensating for something?
I mean, now that you're part of a UNIT that is capable of doing that, as a group. It's not like I see bobL on any planets anywhere.

#283 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:04 PM

Roadbeer, you're a smart guy, and should recognize a running gag when you see one.

It's like the marik light rush. It just keeps paying dividends.

#284 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

View PostbobF, on 09 February 2015 - 02:04 PM, said:

It's like the marik light rush. It just keeps paying dividends.

Fair enough.

I'm still amazed that it continues to work, even against organized teams.

#285 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:34 PM

bobF, why are you dropping on Ingersol after that post at 4:30 pm?

ANSWER PLEASE.

#286 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:11 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 09 February 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

bobF, why are you dropping on Ingersol after that post at 4:30 pm?

ANSWER PLEASE.

Good sir, I'm afk at my Very Important Job and cannot be disturbed, distracted or committed to in-game PvP at this time.

#287 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:13 PM

View PostbobF, on 09 February 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

Salty Bob is my favorite fanbase-inspired nickname. You guys honor me.

MischiefSC seems to be going around telling everyone that MS is some kind of scrub zerg unit when we all know that isn't true.

We all know it is true.

See, I can make assumptions on behalf of other people too.

Edited by Harathan, 09 February 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#288 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

View PostbobF, on 09 February 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

Good sir, I'm afk at my Very Important Job and cannot be disturbed, distracted or committed to in-game PvP at this time.

Thank you.

#289 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:26 AM

Our NAP stands firm, but if House Marik worlds on the path to Terra become eligible to attack, would our friends in purple be willing to host a FWL/Capellan war game? Is it worth discussing?

#290 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:49 AM

Same question

#291 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:30 AM

I suggest posting that question in the marik forum with its own thread or messaging some of the Marik higher ups. Or at least messaging maybe roadbeer if you dont know who exactly the higher ups are (like myself but road seems to know them and can relay the question).

#292 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

I would actually posit that in terms of becoming a buffer state between our two less-than-amused-with-each-other neighbors.

If we're between Kurita and Marik, nobody has to worry about them fighting each other- a currently ideal state for the Confederation. Further, it's a concept with historical value- the FRR was actually formed to mitigate hostilities between the Lyrans and the Combine.

#293 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:36 PM

View Postwanderer, on 23 February 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

I would actually posit that in terms of becoming a buffer state between our two less-than-amused-with-each-other neighbors.

If we're between Kurita and Marik, nobody has to worry about them fighting each other- a currently ideal state for the Confederation. Further, it's a concept with historical value- the FRR was actually formed to mitigate hostilities between the Lyrans and the Combine.

You guys have a lot of worlds to take if you want to act as a buffer state between Marik and Kurita.

In true BT fashion, I present Liao with all of Davion space as a, um, friendship present. :)

Edited by Davers, 23 February 2015 - 01:38 PM.

#294 Dreammirror

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

Congratulations to House Marik on your trial of possession for planet Liao. I'm sure the Davion Defenders gave you a tough fight, and you will now rule the symbolic homeworld of the Capellan Confederation with pride and honor!

#295 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:46 PM

We'll get up there as time allows- the CCAF decided that reuniting the St. Ives Commonality with the rest of the Confederation comes first. Seeing one of our national symbols liberated from Davion is still heartening, and a single world in an island of non-Capellan control would be logistically difficult at best.

#296 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:54 PM

View PostDavers, on 23 February 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

You guys have a lot of worlds to take if you want to act as a buffer state between Marik and Kurita.

In true BT fashion, I present Liao with all of Davion space as a, um, friendship present. :)

I-it's not like we like you or anything! And nobody made any plates with all the planet names on them! :)

Seriously, it's the best way I can think for maintaining our friendship with both the Combine and the League. I believe that with time, hot heads will cool to merely grumpy ones- IF you two don't end up with an attack lane and start going at it. I imagine the future Inner Sphere as being four lines, pointed at the Clans- the FRR extending downwards into what was Steiner, Marik as a wider column next to them, Liao again as a narrower one, and finally Kurita occupying much of what is now Davion space (that hasn't already been eaten by Marik or us) to our "right".

Perhaps one day we'll even be able to bring the Canopians and Taurians up to speed in some kind of alliance as well. With a hostile horde in the other direction, maybe it's time to start building up new colonies and civilize the inner Periphery, welcome the outermost reaches of human civilization into the modern day.

#297 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:14 PM

View PostVandril, on 08 February 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

Look how long it has taken the WoL to start shedding the "Goon" rep even marginally.

I don't know that we have, other than that we aren't really active lately. Well, that and we've spread out a bit.

View PostMischiefSC, on 08 February 2015 - 11:45 PM, said:

I miss the goons :(

I'm hoping that we will return to Liao space soon (Although, the Mortal Kombat Dragon Clan has been pretty cool so far). In the meantime, look us up on your northern border.

Edited by BlakeAteIt, 23 February 2015 - 05:14 PM.

#298 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:44 AM

Mariks got Liao planet! What would we do? I propose to begin invasion on the planets which are on the Northern Liao border, to begin to make coridor to clans already, no matter which this planets belong to Mariks or Davions. But we should to warn Mariks about this. Also i will propose to Mariks that we will don't capture the planets which are left from Sian, the planets right and north from Sian will be captured. Will you support me in this?

#299 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:55 AM

We can't do much about it, as long as the algorithm makes us go west. Attacking on the Marik border gives us no guarantee that we go north, we might just as well end up going southwest, towards Andurien.

#300 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:16 AM

Yesterday we have a chance to attack northern planet Bora, if we captured it, it was a chance to make algorithm begin north invasion. But cause of ceasefire we didn't this and algorithm returns us to atack west Mariks border and east Davions.
Because of this, i want to deal with Mariks about the planets which are north and left from Sian. So if we get a second chance to open north front we don't lose it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users