#261 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:27 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 01 February 2015 - 09:49 AM, said:

I thought she was..... you know? A "she" :o......

However, yes she is. Davion HAD the numbers to begin with and so could overwhelm whichever planet was targeted. Coupled with the single ceasefire, it meant a stream of planets flipped in the first weeks. Now the numbers are probably more even between the Factions but with three Factions thumping hell out of them it's a matter of numbers again, regardless of individual wins/losses.

This was our situation last week vs SJ, though I believe that less ghost drops in the HK vs Davion fight- most of the time I see a near parity of forces on the borders (24/26, 40/34, etc...). I will also say that despite some claims, Kurita units in general are winning against their Davion opponents- the month or so of fighting clanners has given us an edge in tactics that most Davion units are only know adapting to. That's not a bash on the AFFS, they have some very good units/players, but we've been forced to play at a higher level due to getting smashed constantly and trying to learn to defend.

I do find it laughable that some Davions are complaining about having three factions to fight and are being outnumbered- Kurita has been dealing with that for damn near two months with four factions at various times fighting us. It's part of CW; you can't always have the most people or be on the winning side. It will turn on us sooner or later but at least we've been there before and know how to survive.

#262 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:42 PM

So i will discuss one thing with all Liaos leaders.
I heard a rumor, that -MS- merc unit would join FWL Mariks. I think that they would not respect ceasefire.
So i will make arrangements with Mariks that we will counter attack the planets captured by -MS-, but other Mariks should not atack us. And we should not atack other Mariks planets excepts -MS-.
What you all think about this? Or we need just to break this ceasefire and open second front?

Edited by Gonta, 06 February 2015 - 12:43 PM.

#263 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:46 PM

I've heard the same rumors.

In the past, MS has been an honest agent with us (at least when we've dealt with them in other factions) and I *believe* they will keep that mutual respect.

Having said that, any False Flag operation run from Marik's borders (by any merc unit) will no be supported, and it is our policy to return the planets once the mercs have left.

#264 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostGonta, on 06 February 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Or we need just to break this ceasefire and open second front?

Gonta doesn't mess around! :)

#265 Juvat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechbay tinkering with my Mechs...

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:06 PM

View PostDavers, on 31 January 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:

I fail to see how you fulfilled your contract with House Marik. Was Ingersoll taken? Perhaps you were hired to provide an easy source of Cbills for our ally? In that case, you have surpassed all expectations. :D

CW New Guy Intro Training drops ftw... ;)

#266 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:57 AM

When -MS- was with Davion they were excellent mercs and honored their contract. It's a big group - a lot of people there, impossible to say who will do what but they were rocksolid when they were with the Federated Sun.

#267 Vandril

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOuterspace

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:28 PM

Something, and I'm not sure what it is, happened after they served their term with Davion that really sullied their rep when it came to the player community agreeing politically. That at least is my perception, earned or unearned - all I know is that -MS- have good pilots but trusting them is an individual matter, not a unit matter. The behavior by a few of their reps on the NSL main thread perpetuates my wariness of -MS-. They seem highly unaligned with the goals of the loyalists (of whatever House) they serve so.... If they want to change that perception then they need to work at it. Look how long it has taken the WoL to start shedding the "Goon" rep even marginally.

#268 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:45 PM

View PostVandril, on 08 February 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

Something, and I'm not sure what it is, happened after they served their term with Davion that really sullied their rep when it came to the player community agreeing politically. That at least is my perception, earned or unearned - all I know is that -MS- have good pilots but trusting them is an individual matter, not a unit matter. The behavior by a few of their reps on the NSL main thread perpetuates my wariness of -MS-. They seem highly unaligned with the goals of the loyalists (of whatever House) they serve so.... If they want to change that perception then they need to work at it. Look how long it has taken the WoL to start shedding the "Goon" rep even marginally.

I miss the goons :(

-MS- isn't a group, it's a collection of groups and it'll take *anyone*. Good, bad, cool, jackass, doesn't care. It wants numbers and it wants -MS- on worlds, that's the score they play for. Like most groups with low/no standards they tend to skew towards lowest common denominator. They've got some very skilled 12mans, a lot of average groups and few few slumdogs. Like most casual + competitive collectives their loudest voices tend to be total a**holes.

You guys need to quit trying to deal with -MS- as a single entity and speak to units who are currently in -MS-. Some will go for nSL, some won't. Lead by example and those who are up for it will join. Don't sweat the rest. nSL is a big enough job already. Be successful, be worthy of respect and admiration and people will end up as part of it on their own.

#269 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:12 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 07 February 2015 - 01:57 AM, said:

When -MS- was with Davion they were excellent mercs and honored their contract. It's a big group - a lot of people there, impossible to say who will do what but they were rocksolid when they were with the Federated Sun.

Were you, by chance, at war with all your neighbors at that time? It would explain a lot. ;)

#270 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:26 AM

View PostDavers, on 09 February 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:

Were you, by chance, at war with all your neighbors at that time? It would explain a lot. ;)

You know, they were a different experience then. I'm shocked at how many people and units have changed in the last 2 months. It is unfortunate.

#271 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:29 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 February 2015 - 12:26 AM, said:

You know, they were a different experience then. I'm shocked at how many people and units have changed in the last 2 months. It is unfortunate.

Yeah shocked to see a former GreenBro turn SunBRO recently.
He was a good pilot... Wonders what happened.

#272 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:31 AM

View PostShinVector, on 09 February 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

War changes a man. ;)

#273 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:05 AM

View PostShinVector, on 09 February 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

We have better millet.

#274 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:32 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 February 2015 - 01:05 AM, said:

We have better millet.

Don't you mean 'mullet'? ;)

#275 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:39 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 08 February 2015 - 11:45 PM, said:

-MS- isn't a group, it's a collection of groups and it'll take *anyone*. Good, bad, cool, jackass, doesn't care. It wants numbers and it wants -MS- on worlds, that's the score they play for. Like most groups with low/no standards they tend to skew towards lowest common denominator. They've got some very skilled 12mans, a lot of average groups and few few slumdogs. Like most casual + competitive collectives their loudest voices tend to be total a**holes.

Bitter words from a second rate dave unit.

The truth of the matter is that MS is made up of competitive units that are/were vets in the community leagues long before CW. Just because they don't bother with interviews or applications doesn't mean they don't have standards. You simply play with them and if you're good, or open to upping your game, you have a place.

The results speak for themselves.

#276 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:17 AM

Is one thread not enough attention for you, Salty Bob?

Go play somewhere else.

#277 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:40 AM

That MS welcomes a guy like Bob does speak for itself.

Glad you have a group of like minded folks to borrow a sense of validation from Bob. Got that going for you.

I have some friends in groups that belong to MS. Many of them are... Less cool than they were. It's unfortunate.

#278 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:06 AM

Thanks, Bob.

#279 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:18 PM

Salty Bob is my favorite fanbase-inspired nickname. You guys honor me.

MischiefSC seems to be going around telling everyone that MS is some kind of scrub zerg unit (and that he's definitely not jelly) when we all know that isn't true. I've been dropping on the dave border for a few days now and haven't seen him a single time. I did see him once in a solo pug drop in general queue when i was messing around with MDD builds. He died early and his team lost.

Anyhow, I'm just here to inform the masses, and to read about Liao's (correct) suspicion of the nSL. Excellent guys, keep up the good work. Ingersoll is still safely and deservedly in Liao space, per our agreements, because space commies beating up dave units is cool. *hi 5*

#280 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:53 PM

Actually Bob my team won that match - I also out-scored and out damaged you. I was in a new shad without basics unlocked, you were rocking the SRM mad dog. And still got out-scored and out damaged by a ll shad. Oh irony.

One anecdotal match isnt something to make deal out of but the fact that you incorrectly remember winning is funny. You lost, and were low/mid on your team.

As I have said, repeatedly, ms has some high comp teams and some not so comp teams. As always though Ol' Salty misrepresents what other people say as well as actual events to try and make a straw man. I can see why, helps when you don't have any legit points of your own to make or arguments to make against others. Can always just make something up!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users