Marik/liao Ceasefire

336 replies to this topic

#241 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

In other news, PL confirmed for going back to Davion, as their contract with Marik is due to expire.

Shock. Surprise. I never saw that coming.

#242 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

The dragon approves of your ceasefire.

Death to the Davion dogs!

#243 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:19 PM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 30 January 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

I wouldn´t go that far, Roadbeer.

If they had really been covert agents they would have followed established Dave doctrine, tried to "defend" our worlds and suck at it. Just ask the Dracs how that works out.

There was no doctrine in it. Our 12-mans that helped on defense had, I would imagine, fairly similar results against clans as everyone else. Our pugs are probably among the least coordinated of any faction, do not follow any particular direction, and do whatever they want. It's the fault of exactly zero units if they did poorly at defending others' planets without teamspeak and coordination.

#244 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

I honestly love how all of the people who haven't established a rivalry/relationship with our units through weeks of combat seem to think that the AFFS is a bunch of evil geniuses who sit around plotting to make the game unfun for everyone else. Grow up.

#245 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:34 PM

View PostValar13, on 30 January 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

I honestly love how all of the people who haven't established a rivalry/relationship with our units through weeks of combat seem to think that the AFFS is a bunch of evil geniuses who sit around plotting to make the game unfun for everyone else. Grow up.

I've spoken with enough members of AFFS command to know that they are neither evil nor geniuses :P

#246 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 30 January 2015 - 09:34 PM, said:

I've spoken with enough members of AFFS command to know that they are neither evil nor geniuses :P

Well-played, sir...Well-played. -_-

#247 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:12 PM

Yeah, gonna have to props that one.

#248 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:30 PM

Yeah that was pretty good... Not much you can do about that... Things like this are the reason why I read the forums :)

#249 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

The dragon salutes the successful invasion efforts of Laio and Marik! May you continue to cut deep into the bloated belly of the fedrat.

#250 The Image

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:07 PM

View PostSteelWarrior, on 31 January 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

The dragon salutes the successful invasion efforts of Laio and Marik! May you continue to cut deep into the bloated belly of the fedrat.
And I laugh at the Dragon's headlong retreat from the clans to attack what was otherwise before a completely peaceful border.

Finally Liao can truly focus on their ONE active border and with the Kuritans helping spread Davion forces thin, maybe not lose so quickly...

Unfortunately for you Kuritans, you're not winning fast enough for the clanners to NOT completely absorb you.

Edited by DrPetPyroShark, 31 January 2015 - 03:07 PM.

#251 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:44 PM

View PostJuvat, on 30 January 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

Funny how we are being called rogue when we were fulfilling a contract authorized by House Marik... not the players who feel they are the spokespeople for their faction.

Posted Image

See you all on the battlefield <salute>

I fail to see how you fulfilled your contract with House Marik. Was Ingersoll taken? Perhaps you were hired to provide an easy source of Cbills for our ally? In that case, you have surpassed all expectations. :D

Edited by Davers, 31 January 2015 - 03:45 PM.

#252 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:50 PM

I represent that remark I is so smrt

#253 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:12 PM

View PostDrPetPyroShark, on 31 January 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

And I laugh at the Dragon's headlong retreat from the clans to attack what was otherwise before a completely peaceful border.

Finally Liao can truly focus on their ONE active border and with the Kuritans helping spread Davion forces thin, maybe not lose so quickly...

Unfortunately for you Kuritans, you're not winning fast enough for the clanners to NOT completely absorb you.

Lol. Ignorance is bliss my freind. Kurita units stopped dropping on the clan border because all of the IS pug scrubs from other houses drop in defence of our planets, lose to clanner premades and counter the progress we make from our wins. Why do they do that you ask? Well my silly davion freind, its because Kurita space is a 5 min queue and everywhere else is 20 mins. Thus while we rip a path through Davion space we have starved the clan mercs to thr point of switching factions and soon we will teclaim our worlds.

#254 The Image

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:40 AM

View PostSteelWarrior, on 31 January 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

Lol. Ignorance is bliss my freind. Kurita units stopped dropping on the clan border because all of the IS pug scrubs from other houses drop in defence of our planets, lose to clanner premades and counter the progress we make from our wins. Why do they do that you ask? Well my silly davion freind, its because Kurita space is a 5 min queue and everywhere else is 20 mins. Thus while we rip a path through Davion space we have starved the clan mercs to thr point of switching factions and soon we will teclaim our worlds.
OH.MY.GOD!!!!

hahahahaahahahahahahaha!!!!

So Kurita spends WEEKS bitching and complaining and whining and begging and every other thing trying to 'remind' everyone, "Hey... the REAL enemy is the clans, you guys need to help us!" Because you people were having your asses handed to you on a daily basis.

And so WHEN EVERYONE ELSE DOES come to Kurita's rescue, WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE DO? You pull a Liao and start attacking the people trying to defend your ass!

LOL!!!

Puh-lease... The only thing you guys are able to do is pull numbers efficiently. I was watching the Davion border. Anywhere Davion was, you made sure to have at least two more companies attacking. Anywhere Davion wasn't you'd just sit there and turret drop.

I know the unit I played with the other day dropped 12 times, we only got two turret runs early on waiting for Kurita to show up, before Kuritans started stacking numbers on the planet (all the while you had AT LEAST one unit getting turret drops on another planet the whole time, obviously they were NOT interested in facing a REAL enemy, lol), and THEN, we only lost one match, but because Kurita could get 2 turret runs to every ONE of our victories you were able to hold the planet.

Yet, somehow, "magically" the clans have been tearing you a new one...

#255 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:48 AM

So we're... bad because you guys have been throwing matches on the clan border for us? Have you seen that border lately buddy? 'Rescue' is about the last word I'd describe pug action on Kurita's borders as. I don't think you've been watching the dav/kurita border as closely as someone fighting it has like myself, and I can guarantee you those queues fluctuate constantly to favor one side or the other.

Yesterday for example, Davion has 2 teams of 12, so we responded with 2 of our own. Within an hour or so of matches most of them had melted away from losses and a third team had gotten organized by then. You had a final 12 man trying to run ghost caps as much as possible in the last half hour of ceasefire that we stopped.

We can't force you to fight us, but it's a little ridiculous to claim we're only winning through ghost drops when that was what was tried by your side at first who quit once we started to show up and beat them.

#256 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:59 AM

View PostDrPetPyroShark, on 01 February 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

Puh-lease... The only thing you guys are able to do is pull numbers efficiently. I was watching the Davion border. Anywhere Davion was, you made sure to have at least two more companies attacking. Anywhere Davion wasn't you'd just sit there and turret drop.

I know the unit I played with the other day dropped 12 times, we only got two turret runs early on waiting for Kurita to show up, before Kuritans started stacking numbers on the planet (all the while you had AT LEAST one unit getting turret drops on another planet the whole time, obviously they were NOT interested in facing a REAL enemy, lol), and THEN, we only lost one match, but because Kurita could get 2 turret runs to every ONE of our victories you were able to hold the planet.

The delicious irony of a DAVION player saying these words. Do you remember like a month ago, when you guys were doing the same thing to us Liao's on our border, and when we pointed it out, you guys trolled all over our forums saying "no no, that doesn't happen, ghost drops aren't flipping planets, Russ says so, y'all are salty!"

Who's salty now?

#257 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:22 AM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 01 February 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

The delicious irony of a DAVION player saying these words. Do you remember like a month ago, when you guys were doing the same thing to us Liao's on our border, and when we pointed it out, you guys trolled all over our forums saying "no no, that doesn't happen, ghost drops aren't flipping planets, Russ says so, y'all are salty!"

Who's salty now?

The man has a point

#258 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:30 AM

The latest Davion sad song is that light rushing is a "tactic" while blocking the gen is an "exploit"

#259 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:38 AM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 01 February 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

The latest Davion sad song is that light rushing is a "tactic" while blocking the gen is an "exploit"

Whenever someone is on the loosing end, those of questionable testicular fortitude find excuses for why they lost that can cast blame in any direction other than their own.

It's like when a certain "Comp Pro" team claimed that the holding action is a violation of the CoC (when it's used against them).

Gen blocking, light rush, holding action, queue flooding (a former popular tactic of Davion). All are viable methods to achieving victory, in either the match or for winning the planet.

I may not like when any of them are used against me, and I get caught looking in full gape mode, but I'll acknowledge a righteous win.

#260 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:49 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 01 February 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

The man has a point

I thought she was..... you know? A "she" :o......

However, yes she is. Davion HAD the numbers to begin with and so could overwhelm whichever planet was targeted. Coupled with the single ceasefire, it meant a stream of planets flipped in the first weeks. Now the numbers are probably more even between the Factions but with three Factions thumping hell out of them it's a matter of numbers again, regardless of individual wins/losses.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users