336 replies to this topic

#301 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:02 AM

Do we actually know how the algorithm works? Am all for heading North towards Liao (and heck, Tikonov) given the opportunity but not if it breaks our ceasefire.

Also, Marik had the chance to attack Davion space and took Liao - I would have done this in their place.

Gonta - your suggestion of a corridor North and West of Sian sounds quite reasonable and if (a big IF) we are successful we will end up with a wedge almost up to Terra. Of course, I am not too clear what the eventual goal is: Surely we will want Marik space to still border Dav space somewhere?

Someone needs to reach out to Marik High Command and discuss this, I think a PM to Roadbeer would be a start?

WML

#302 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:49 AM

View PostWaiMingLee, on 24 February 2015 - 03:02 AM, said:

Do we actually know how the algorithm works? Am all for heading North towards Liao (and heck, Tikonov) given the opportunity but not if it breaks our ceasefire.

Don't know how it works, but it was a chance take another north planet and get closer to Liao and Tikonov, and we lose that chance. No we have Scarbrought to attack again, and no one knows when we can atack northern planets next time.

Also, Marik had the chance to attack Davion space and took Liao - I would have done this in their place.

They have alredy done this, Liao belong to MGA right now.

Gonta - your suggestion of a corridor North and West of Sian sounds quite reasonable and if (a big IF) we are successful we will end up with a wedge almost up to Terra. Of course, I am not too clear what the eventual goal is: Surely we will want Marik space to still border Dav space somewhere?
I'm sure that we are successful to make a corridor. And its no matter where marik have border with Davion, its important that Liao have own border with clans.

Someone needs to reach out to Marik High Command and discuss this, I think a PM to Roadbeer would be a start?

I still want support from other Liao units about space between Sian and northern borders idea. If all Liao big units are agree with this, then we can write to Mariks our proposition.

#303 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:14 AM

Gonta: reach out to the heads of 4TCR, HLGK, etc and see what level of agreement and support there is. TCAF by virtue of you chaps having grabbed the most planets back should have a strong say in this.

Right now, I think we should be patient and continue to push eastwards. So long as we meet with success, we should continue, east. TCAF are a large reason why we're experiencing this level of success so keep at it!

ANY Davion planets on OUR north side (Tsingtao for example) should be immediate priority targets, unless House Marik gets there first. Of course, if House Marik continues to push eastward along the Liao axis, it could (note: COULD) cut off the north for us, entirely.

Politics my dear fellow, politics.

WML

#304 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:26 AM

Keeping pushing east give us no profit. Do you know why we have success on Davions front? It's not because of liaos players mastery, or a quantity of tcaf. It is because only 4 Davions units have only 4 planets. We grabbing planets from davions every day and this costs us nothing. Now Davions are weak and have no power to resist. Every faction in CW has 10-12 active units except Davion, they have only 4. And its no intresting to fight againat weak opponent.

#305 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:48 AM

No, I am humble enough to acknowledge that a part of the recent success of House Liao has been the lack of focus by House Davion - still, I think you're being a bit too hard on yourself Gonta! TCAF has kept a high level of activity and that is a worthy quality and I know that the CCAF acknowledges this.

As for the need to find a better opponent, the clans are there but not in a way that House Liao can attack directly. I do understand your position and applaud your steps in trying to reposition the House.

The main, active groups in CCAF need to have a quick get-together and decide on a medium-term strategy. Then involve the Purple people as we've been good neighbours for a long while.

#306 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:39 AM

View PostGonta, on 24 February 2015 - 06:26 AM, said:

Keeping pushing east give us no profit. Do you know why we have success on Davions front? It's not because of liaos players mastery, or a quantity of tcaf. It is because only 4 Davions units have only 4 planets. We grabbing planets from davions every day and this costs us nothing. Now Davions are weak and have no power to resist. Every faction in CW has 10-12 active units except Davion, they have only 4. And its no intresting to fight againat weak opponent.

pushing northwards would step on a lot of toes and become wormhole v2.0

#307 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:24 AM

View PostMycrus, on 24 February 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

Yup - that is why there needs to be the opportunity for both groups to talk on this; as House Liao loyalist - we really want Planet Liao back but we're heading East instead or North. There is still a Northern attack vector that takes us through Davion space only from what I can see.

Still, thanks for taking Planet Liao out from under the boot heel of the Federated Suns! Keep pushing!

:)

#308 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

HLGK is with you, Gonta.

#309 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

House Marik and the FWLM have stated today across proper diplomatic channels that we can have Liao back as soon as the algorithm will allow us. No contest.

#310 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:10 PM

We've often spoke in our command chat about giving you guys an avenue north some how. Now that they're trying to make it so Liao, Marik and Davion have a biased towards Terra, we can see how that works.

But the question remains what are you going to do when you get there? Steiner? Kurita?

I ask this not as a "Hey guise, everyone else is attacking Kurita, you should too."

We know that your relationship with Kurita is as solid as ours is with you, so obviously that would be Steiner as the answer. Just stating that once you have a road north, you'll be wanting to do something with it.

Edited by Roadbeer, 24 February 2015 - 12:13 PM.

#311 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:13 PM

I would like to see Liao up north. The more people up here figthing the clans when they hit Terra the better.

#312 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:15 PM

Not at all, we've always wanted Liao to have a greater stake in the game.

#313 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:24 PM

What we do when we get north isn't so much a question, Roadbeer.

Steiner.

They are FedCom. Might as well be Davion.

The Clans, eventually.

#314 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:31 PM

One question- We have already seen PGI making demands that Marik reconnect the 'island' to the main territory, and one of the Clans was told directly by Paul that if they wanted an IS attack lane they would have to do the same with one of their 'wormhole gains'.

If we let Liao split our territory, will there be such consequences for us? Will PGI take away our Davion/Kurita lanes if we don't maintain cohesiveness?

#315 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:10 PM

Actually I never thought about where to "go" once the Confederation reclaimed all its planets lost in the 4th Succession War (which in itself bears its own risks, as it would cut Marik from the FedSuns), simply because I expect a map reset to happen way before we reach Terra.

#316 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:26 PM

Steiner and Davion, logically.

As I've said before, we need to be the Green Fence that keeps things calm between our IS allies. If we get to a point where all planets are appropriately claimed by our friends and allies, there will be Clanners aplenty to slay protecting them, even if we have no direct attack vector. Unchecked by reason ambitions are a Davion hallmark, not a Liao one.

#317 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:45 PM

View Postwanderer, on 24 February 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

Steiner and Davion, logically.

As I've said before, we need to be the Green Fence that keeps things calm between our IS allies. If we get to a point where all planets are appropriately claimed by our friends and allies, there will be Clanners aplenty to slay protecting them, even if we have no direct attack vector. Unchecked by reason ambitions are a Davion hallmark, not a Liao one.

Noble gesture but the feud runs deep... once you see the diplos joining in the grunts propaganda it becomes more complicated... marik and kurita will come to blows and make war as the final arbiter..

#318 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

#319 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:27 PM

lol, BlakeAtelt. Our battles will be like 2 giant monsters, that would be fun.

#320 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:36 PM

I think you guys have 2 attack options on us Mariks if so you may want to Ghost on Quemoy. Many of the leadership in Marik including myself want to help you guys go north this may be your chance. I will talk to some of the officers now to make sure they all approve. For now if you guys see this go ahead. This message in this thread will be evidence that I requested it.

Captain Noaceik XO of the Silverhawk loyalists. God speed guys

I have mentioned this to all officers on teamspeak 4 responded. Ilithi is for and 2 others is against.

Edited by Noaceik, 24 February 2015 - 07:24 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users