Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:04 AM

#102 N Y G E N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:29 AM

View Postw00tzor, on 16 December 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

Those germans ... are having bad influences on us.

Looks like we have to play again along each other, my little Pizzabäcker-friend ;)

#103 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:26 AM

View Postheimdelight, on 16 December 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

I'll be completely honest with all of you:

The House of Lords plays this game to be competitive, first and foremost. We have the highest quality of players, the best teamwork, and are essentially unstoppable. It should be no surprise that, as Jade Falcon Clanners, we are abrasively willing to cave your faces in repeatedly until you literally give up playing on certain planets. How does it feel queuing over and over, only to get stomped and wrecked in 3-4 minutes? There is no one who can attack, and no one who can successfully hold a defense against us.

We can queue in multiple four mans to hold whatever we want and defend whatever we want. We teach our PUGs to get better and work with other units in our faction.

It's Lords against everybody else. And you aren't a Lord, so prepare to be crushed, rekt, and ggclose'd until the end of CW.

Actually I don't think that have enough insight in this topic. Given the time i was able to play MWO for the last 2 years I'm not far from the level of a complete newb.
But i know my place - i know to become better means to play this game more often.
Of course I look for "new" ideas - and point of views in different aspects of this game. So i get much insight in "meta" from your friend Elgar - even visit your Church of Skill Twitch channel from time to time.

But the Lords are infamous - for sure. Have dropped along side them - dropped against them - and you statement is true - a single lance of them is enough to turn a game. Can remember a not specific fight on Tourmaline - after the fight was done - there was an intact lance of Lord players - and 8 death and heavy damaged "peasants" like me - all i did thought how did they make it - to keep their mechs in one piece (no arm missing - not even the "percentage" did get a big "scratch" - while i was the full game in the thick of fighting - with half my mech destroyed - and deep scars in armor and empty ammunition bins.

So this is no court because you are uber gods of game play - but because of arrogance.

OK maybe arrogance is the wrong word.
So If you know that you are about to win - the other team knows it too. To tell them what they already know isn't a nice feature.
You call your self competitive - but lets think about this a second longer.
Competitive means you are in competition with other "players"

I will try to paint a picture - you are the incredible good snooker player - outstanding over the top - what else. Now you come to a village pub where a competition is held.
You face your first "foe" and he quit. So you have to wait until the other players are finished with their matches. and because you are bored you show those peasant how to play snooker - but well they are not interested - they look at the other tables.
So after an hour of mono playing snooker you get a next foe - and he quits.
Again you are playing for an hour alone.
And after 5 rounds - while you did drink lots of ale - you get the title "tournament winner" - but you did not have a real "game" you get this title for "being" part of the tournament nothing else.
Now think you are a "peasant" and you are called in this manner by this "tournament winner" as said this guy did drink a lot because he had no opponent and lots of spare time. You wouldn't feel great - and you are not allone and the chances for this guy to wake up in hospital - will rise with each word he sing's his own praise.

Did i translate the message?
If it would not be a violation of the CoC its likely that the Lords would never play a single game in MWO. they would win for sure - but nobody would want to fight you.

So and because its my personal "experience" i faced other units- during CW. And although they did know that they will win - they made a "stupid charge" - and we racked up some kills. It wasn't necessary for them to do this, but they did.
Maybe its not your stile to "give" alms to the peasants - but you play with peasants - and if you want to play with peasants instead of beeing the LORDs of nothing - you should think about the message you want to deliver.

Edited by Karl Streiger, 17 December 2014 - 03:31 AM.

#104 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:32 AM

View PostLegoPirate, on 16 December 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

and when you run lords through the stuponitron helmet, it translates to "eventually all turn into scumbags"

It's freebirth.
Posted Image

#105 Kh0rn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:38 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 16 December 2014 - 09:32 PM, said:

In that post Heim basically just said that we'll always be better than everyone else. He didn't insult anyone, or call anyone else ****. He just said we're better.

If you consider that as an example of **********, then honestly you just seem a wee bit sensitive. Arrogant sure, at least until it's proven right. Which so far in CW, it most certainly has.

Your definition of quality is also pretty interesting. You value 'niceness' a lot more than being good or even helping the community.

The fact alone he said that is bad enough. being arrogant is not something too be prized for. If fact constantly stating be are the best , bow too us peasants over and over takes it over board. The ammount of dislike the unit draws can not be just simple stuff if this is spreading its far more then butt hurt and as I have heard the HoL reputation will remain the same does not matter how many worlds fall or such or how good they are they will still be seen the same in the eyes of the others But as time goes on I some what care less and less. I had hopes for a enjoyable CW experience with nice fair people. But some players have changed that which is why now I not very active on this game any more.

Edited by Kh0rn, 17 December 2014 - 03:44 AM.

#106 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:06 AM

Nope not just words the game already failed too capture the core of battletech but its the only mechwarrior game out there for now. But just the way you respond you intend too violent and aggressive reactions. Its what you want which I do not intend too give. But yet just say it like it is. And at the end your a comp unit with a Troll attitude too sum it up. Plus all this effort for a game ? seems a tad bit over board ?

#107 heimdelight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 207 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:16 AM

View PostKh0rn, on 17 December 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

Nope not just words the game already failed too capture the core of battletech but its the only mechwarrior game out there for now. But just the way you respond you intend too violent and aggressive reactions. Its what you want which I do not intend too give. But yet just say it like it is. And at the end your a comp unit with a Troll attitude too sum it up. Plus all this effort for a game ? seems a tad bit over board ?

Very small effort large reward for the tears and hatred it's the best investment in MWO ;)

#108 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:22 AM

But I don't get it ? Why what are you guys wanting too get out of this ? Something I always wanted too ask. Like once you have what you wanted then what ?

#109 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:25 AM

Until you've lost your reputation, you never realize what a burden it was or what freedom really is.

#110 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:32 AM

I mean why not be a comp unit with a non troll attitude surely that will be 100 times better ?

#111 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:39 AM

Well to there are tons of comp units with good sportsmanship and good attitude - but you see the Lords want to be a "unique" unit.
And to be unique means to be an infamous comp unit.

#112 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts
  • LocationVirginia, america

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:41 AM

Press time is press time, sitting around and getting bashed by the media, in this case the forum community, they get their name further out there and noticed. Its not the greatest way, but that means more people see their name, meaning more recruits and potentially good members as well. Or if they aren't recruiting currently, then this fearmongering and
smack talk from both sides, brings their unit out to the forefront as one of the best in the game. Meaning they get a lot more recognition and fear is instilled in all their opponents, which is a very effective way of winning battles. So you ask why they want this, I can say that this is probably it.

#113 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:41 AM

Seems a bit strange too me. seems like a bit of grief like work.

#114 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:44 AM

But surely they would get more if they approach in a more passive manner. It would work out better for them, the names would spread more , people might actually want too fight them and so on. I am just Happy Ryan and Villz got thrown out they are the worst. Khan from CSJ got rejected.

#115 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:12 AM

Well, the more i hear about some Lords's behaviour, the more i want to fight against them rather than with them.. ;)

#116 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:31 AM

Well Since the unit I am with are mercs we just go where the pay is really. We not tied down like some house factions. Altho CW in a whole was good but it can still do with a lot of changes such as much more diverse maps , newer objectives and more focus on warfare then Zerg rushing.

#117 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:34 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 17 December 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

Well to there are tons of comp units with good sportsmanship and good attitude - but you see the Lords want to be a "unique" unit.
And to be unique means to be an infamous comp unit.

They are for SURE a 'unique' unit.

Since CW dropped I have played something like 30-35 matches and of I've lost 3.

Given the choice between losing < 10% of my matches while dropping with non-chest beating, non-teammate berating unit mates, - OR - winning 100% of my matches but having to drop WITH chest beating (look at me, look at me, pay attention to me), teammate berating unit mates? I chose to lose the 3 out of 30+ matches because to paraphrase old school rap (to keep it clean)... shiat, if this is gonna be that kind of party I'm gonna stick my junk in the mashed potatoes.

ALL that said, more power to em, if any unit HAS to play the roll of the attention w4o7e they do "it" GREAT, and by "it" I mean they "have the skill to roll, and the fingers to troll"....hay Lords, I think I just came up with your new unit motto.

Edited by Armando, 17 December 2014 - 08:02 AM.

#118 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:40 AM

At all we shouldn't forget that the HoL are still players - are still humans - and its still a game.

Even if their behaviour is not understandable by most standards of the "old mens" that fight here because its BattleTech.
And constant beating - even in a polite and less aggressive manner - will result in two things.
Every Lord player will think that all the other gamers of MWO are bad - and that they automatically think that the Lords are arrogant {Richard Cameron} - so they can behave like arrogant {Richard Cameron}.

But thats wrong - lets make a try to respect a Lord - treat them like you want to be treated. maybe it helps - and if not its not for the bad

Edited by Karl Streiger, 17 December 2014 - 07:43 AM.

#119 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:45 AM

It could be worse like this ?

#120 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:00 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 17 December 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

At all we shouldn't forget that the HoL are still players - are still humans - and its still a game.

Even if their behaviour is not understandable by most standards of the "old mens" that fight here because its BattleTech.
And constant beating - even in a polite and less aggressive manner - will result in two things.
Every Lord player will think that all the other gamers of MWO are bad - and that they automatically think that the Lords are arrogant {Richard Cameron} - so they can behave like arrogant {Richard Cameron}.

But thats wrong - lets make a try to respect a Lord - treat them like you want to be treated. maybe it helps - and if not its not for the bad

Most of the Lords are not the ones that give the unit the nasty reputation. I know there are Lords pilots who are some of the best pilots the game has to offer, both with how they use their mechs and the respect they show for pilots outside their unit.

If Lords leadership tried half as hard to ensure their pilots have mad 'people skills' (showing respect for fellow MWO players) as they do ensuring their pilots have mad mech skills, they would be perceived by ALL as the HANDS DOWN the greatest unit in the game. As is, they are perceived by most players, at best, as nothing more that super talented trolls.

Edited by Armando, 17 December 2014 - 08:24 AM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users