Jade Falcon Problem.

127 replies to this topic

#81 Writhenn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 15 December 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

Apparently the Lords think its cute to take other clan territory.. (so far we are insulated by clan Wolf) as the Lords have taken Butte Hold. If they continue on current trajectory, they may soon poke the bear.

We should be ready.. and treat the CJF incursions as we did the CSJ and Wolf incursions... except take them all the way back to their capital world.

We just wanted Butt Holde, that's it. Crossing into clan territory and causing infighting would cause a stalemate that I don't think anyone would want, let alone crossing through the entirety of wolf territory just to fight GCB for a tiny bit of clan space. Com'n, use your heads here guys.

#82 Errodien

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:05 PM

View PostWrithen, on 16 December 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

Com'n, use your heads here guys.

Remember, you are talking to the average gamer here.

#83 LegoPirate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 339 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:07 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 16 December 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

Atkinson, you forget....

When you run ggclose through the patented Stuponitron Helmet it translates to racists.

and when you run lords through the stuponitron helmet, it translates to "eventually all turn into scumbags"

#84 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 16 December 2014 - 02:15 AM, said:

Falcons can not even attack GB

Misdirection at its best.

#85 LegoPirate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 339 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:14 PM

qq is frr, so go troll their forums pls.

#86 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:58 PM

View PostAlphaToaster, on 16 December 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

Ah I think I understand now. We have differing views of "greatness". For me, greatness is when you drop into a game players think "OH **** ITS <fill in the blank>". When seeing the unit tag on the other side puts that thought into a mind that they're going to lose.

I do not think a "great team" would give a **** about anyone's opinion of them in any way because that would mean the focus of the unit is on politics and reputation and not skill and performance.

Maybe they don't want to be your definition of greatness but they have their own view which they prefer to follow?

You are 100% correct the difference is perception.

If people on the Lords what to 'ggclose' before the start of the match, bag on their teammates and opponents both during and after the match...and their leadership is alright with it....so be it. That said, you (and they) would be delusional to think that such behavior will result in outside observers looking at the Lords and think "That is a great unit".

"Greatness" doesn't need to say anything, because people see greatness and automatically recognize it for what it is.

Actions speak louder than words, and truth be told.....the Lords 'could' be "great" (cuz the skill set IS there), but ruin it for themselves the second they start posting in chat.

Edited by Armando, 16 December 2014 - 07:00 PM.

#87 M1Combat

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

View PostAlphaToaster, on 16 December 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

Ah I think I understand now. We have differing views of "greatness". For me, greatness is when you drop into a game players think "OH **** ITS <fill in the blank>". When seeing the unit tag on the other side puts that thought into a mind that they're going to lose.

I do not think a "great team" would give a **** about anyone's opinion of them in any way because that would mean the focus of the unit is on politics and reputation and not skill and performance.

Maybe they don't want to be your definition of greatness but they have their own view which they prefer to follow?

So...

Saying things like "Prepare to lose" or "GGClose" before the match along with berating pugs (who may be new to the game) for letting the group down (maybe they should carry harder?) and things like that (I've seen examples of much worse) is the lords version of fostering a reputation that makes people think "Oh **** it's the Lords"?

I don't think it helps with that. I think winning helps that. Winning and winning alone. The win happens whether the douche bag happens or not right?

The rest of it is just the behavior I expect from an 8 year old who hasn't yet learned to act like an adult. Just calling it like I see it here... I'm not trying to be insulting in any way. I don't need to be in this case.

As far as a "great team" "not giving a ****" about anyone's opinion of them... Is that the reason for the behavior? Really? Is it to SHOW that the team doesn't "Give a ****"? Or... Something else? Hmmm... Me thinks someone either doesn't understand the tactics... or they're not being entirely truthful? Not sure which... Or am I?

Seems to me those comments are made SPECIFICALLY to foster an opinion. So... By YOUR definition... The Lords are not a great team?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

#88 heimdelight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 207 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

I'll be completely honest with all of you:

The House of Lords plays this game to be competitive, first and foremost. We have the highest quality of players, the best teamwork, and are essentially unstoppable. It should be no surprise that, as Jade Falcon Clanners, we are abrasively willing to cave your faces in repeatedly until you literally give up playing on certain planets. How does it feel queuing over and over, only to get stomped and wrecked in 3-4 minutes? There is no one who can attack, and no one who can successfully hold a defense against us.

We can queue in multiple four mans to hold whatever we want and defend whatever we want. We teach our PUGs to get better and work with other units in our faction.

It's Lords against everybody else. And you aren't a Lord, so prepare to be crushed, rekt, and ggclose'd until the end of CW.

#89 M1Combat

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:47 PM

#90 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:57 PM

View Postheimdelight, on 16 December 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

The House of Lords plays this game to be competitive, first and foremost. We have the highest quality of players, the best teamwork, and are essentially unstoppable. It should be no surprise that, as Jade Falcon Clanners, we are abrasively willing to cave your faces in repeatedly until you literally give up playing on certain planets. How does it feel queuing over and over, only to get stomped and wrecked in 3-4 minutes? There is no one who can attack, and no one who can successfully hold a defense against us.

We can queue in multiple four mans to hold whatever we want and defend whatever we want. We teach our PUGs to get better and work with other units in our faction.

It's Lords against everybody else. And you aren't a Lord, so prepare to be crushed, rekt, and ggclose'd until the end of CW.

Thank you for your honesty, so let me also be completely honest with you.

The Lords have outstanding skill to be sure (never said otherwise), but there is more to "highest quality" than just skill. The fact is, Lords berate teammates not in the unit along with the pilots they are fighting against. The fact is, you could win every match in 30 seconds with the other team never, ever getting a shot off and the Lords STILL would be far, Far, FAR away from a quality unit because they conduct themselves like classes a$$hats. Your post is a PRIME example of that.

You can not be 'quality' without having class, and in order to be TRULY "highest quality" you would have to roll every team, every match AND be respectful to teammates and enemies alike. That is NOT the Lords, and that is why the Lords (regardless of how many matches you win, or planets you take) will never be a quality unit (let alone high quality).

Edited by Armando, 16 December 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#91 fritzor

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:17 PM

Regardles of how you feel about lords and how they are and play. They are now saying that they just wanted that planet for the name and that they now arent interessted in attacking more Clan space.
Lets atlest give them the chans to prove it before we allt start creaming about it.
I know som lords and been both fighting with and agains them and Im willing to wait and see.
It will show fast if they wanting to move on wolfs and bears. But I rather belive what they will honor thos words and they will join us in the race for terra.

Edited by fritzor, 16 December 2014 - 09:18 PM.

#92 Adiuvo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

View PostArmando, on 16 December 2014 - 08:57 PM, said:

Thank you for your honesty, so let me also be completely honest with you.

The Lords have outstanding skill to be sure (never said otherwise), but there is more to "highest quality" than just skill. The fact is, Lords berate teammates not in the unit along with the pilots they are fighting against. The fact is, you could win every match in 30 seconds with the other team never, ever getting a shot off and the Lords STILL would be far, Far, FAR away from a quality unit because they conduct themselves like classes a$$hats. Your post is a PRIME example of that.

You can not be 'quality' without having class, and in order to be TRULY "highest quality" you would have to roll every team, every match AND be respectful to teammates and enemies alike. That is NOT the Lords, and that is why the Lords (regardless of how many matches you win, or planets you take) will never be a quality unit (let alone high quality).

In that post Heim basically just said that we'll always be better than everyone else. He didn't insult anyone, or call anyone else ****. He just said we're better.

If you consider that as an example of **********, then honestly you just seem a wee bit sensitive. Arrogant sure, at least until it's proven right. Which so far in CW, it most certainly has.

Your definition of quality is also pretty interesting. You value 'niceness' a lot more than being good or even helping the community.

Edited by Adiuvo, 16 December 2014 - 09:35 PM.

#93 M1Combat

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

Yep... You missed it Audi...

Pretty sure he was saying that a great team is the whole package.

Edited by M1Combat, 16 December 2014 - 09:45 PM.

#94 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:25 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 16 December 2014 - 09:32 PM, said:

In that post Heim basically just said that we'll always be better than everyone else. He didn't insult anyone, or call anyone else ****. He just said we're better.

If you consider that as an example of **********, then honestly you just seem a wee bit sensitive. Arrogant sure, at least until it's proven right. Which so far in CW, it most certainly has.

Your definition of quality is also pretty interesting. You value 'niceness' a lot more than being good or even helping the community.

Has nothing to do with BEING nice, has everything to do with NOT BEING A-holes. I have 12-0 rolled team, after team, after, team, after team and still have the class to put up a o7 both before and after the match o7 (just as I do before and after a losing match). You don't have to take that route, you 'could' say nothing at all and let your play say everything they need to know about you.

Of course this is NOT how the Lords conduct themselves. Lords instead chose to chest pound before the match (while Heim's post was not 'insulting', it is an example of chest pounding), then proceed to berate non-unit teammates and enemies alike both during and after the match. This is doubly true when they lose in a pug drop (gasp...Lords do in fact lose in pug matches)....nothing but 'your bad', 'l2p', and the like.

The Lords 'great' pilots???
....you bet they are. (that said, they CAN be beat, and they DO lose matches)

Are the Lords 'great' PEOPLE???
...Child please. Pond scum hold the moral high ground on their worst offenders. (which is sad, because as I have said multiple times...there are some Lords who are BOTH great pilots AND great people).

I will say it again, greatness speaks for itself, it doesn't need chest pounding, and it damn sure doesn't need berate teammates and enemies alike. The Lords NEED to chest pound, they NEED to berate or at least it seems like it based on their repeated comments / actions in game and on the forums.

Edited by Armando, 16 December 2014 - 11:38 PM.

#95 Kalendra RA

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:51 PM

View Postfritzor, on 16 December 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

Regardles of how you feel about lords and how they are and play. They are now saying that they just wanted that planet for the name and that they now arent interessted in attacking more Clan space.
Lets atlest give them the chans to prove it before we allt start creaming about it.
I know som lords and been both fighting with and agains them and Im willing to wait and see.
It will show fast if they wanting to move on wolfs and bears. But I rather belive what they will honor thos words and they will join us in the race for terra.

They are actually making further inroads into Wolf territory, and encouraging Wolf to violate its ceasefire with us, no doubt in the hopes of being able to carve up Wolf without Wolf's sheer numbers coming into play against them. First it was "lol butte hold, ours now, l2p", now it's "we're taking Icar because lol, promise that's it, also l2p"; they're not going to stop attacking Wolf, they've made that abundantly clear. Every effort should be made to remind Wolf that a handful of Ghost Bear pugs, with no support from any important unit, was enough to take Ferris from them; they can't afford a war with Ghost Bear, but they could probably overwhelm Jade Falcon without much problem, and stand to lose all their worlds if they let the Jade Falcon incursions go unopposed.

#96 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:41 PM

View PostSilence Jin Mang, on 16 December 2014 - 06:48 AM, said:

Do you expect us to sit there through the Meta groups of the IS and lose then? If Lords are so bad because they do the cheese and win, then take the insults and dish them back out, while we sit here and ***** about what they do and lose, what have we gained? Nothing, Lords still win, IS pushes yall back to the homeworlds. and you can sit and realize that a little cheese is necessary to win. You don't win a war through using any ol' stick, you win through using the biggest stick. The IS has smartened up and has a meta amongst even their pugs, if we do not wisen up those losses are only going to mount as we try to hold the honorable road over the necessary road. The Lords are just ahead on planning, they might not follow the high road, but they are on the necessary road. Its time we followed it as well.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree about talking smack. Coming from a background of dealing with racism, it really takes a lot to not return behavior that has been dished out to me. I believe, however, doing so justifies the attacker's behavior and continues and enforces negativity which is unnecessary and yes I can see a fine line within talking smack and uttering racism as they both stem from ignorance and a belief that theirs is the natural or right way and can lead to regimes of hate.

#97 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:51 PM

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 16 December 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree about talking smack. Coming from a background of dealing with racism, it really takes a lot to not return behavior that has been dished out to me. I believe, however, doing so justifies the attacker's behavior and continues and enforces negativity which is unnecessary and yes I can see a fine line within talking smack and uttering racism as they both stem from ignorance and a belief that theirs is the natural or right way and can lead to regimes of hate.

You can't control what others say about, or to, you. That said, you are the ONLY person who can control how you respond what is said about, or to, you.

Edited by Armando, 16 December 2014 - 11:53 PM.

#98 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:52 PM

View Postheimdelight, on 16 December 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

As I read this it means even within the CJF or clan community.

#99 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:55 PM

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 16 December 2014 - 11:52 PM, said:

As I read this it means even within the CJF or clan community.

As far as I can tell, you read it right.

#100 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:58 PM

View PostArmando, on 16 December 2014 - 10:25 PM, said:

Of course this is NOT how the Lords conduct themselves. Lords instead chose to chest pound before the match (while Heim's post was not 'insulting', it is an example of chest pounding), then proceed to berate non-unit teammates and enemies alike both during and after the match. This is doubly true when they lose in a pug drop (gasp...Lords do in fact lose in pug matches)....nothing but 'your bad', 'l2p', and the like.

This is something I have had a hard time understanding, the berating of non-unit teammates (on wins or losses)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users