To Everyone Saying Lets Win Planets...

55 replies to this topic

#1 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:34 PM

Update: My original argument was in regards to the old state of the beta where winning on offense was no fun. It actually is very enjoyable now so we have once again returned to trying to seize planets.

Given the recent patch this thread has outlived its usefulness. Requesting a lock.

I'm sorry, there's no money in it. Best way to win is zerg rushing which gives no cash. Right now many of my unit members need c-bills I'd rather lose on offense and actually kill something than win and earn nothing.

And also they are most likely going to be resetting everything at some point in the not too distant future. So I'd keep the little feuds in perspective that they don't mean too much right now.

Planets will just have to wait. If I were you I'd just have fun, farm c-bills, and win when you can without cutting into your unit earnings. :P

Edited by Blueduck, 20 December 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#2 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:47 PM

Do us a favor if you keep that up when CW goes live... and switch factions. :P

#3 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostBlueduck, on 15 December 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

I'm sorry, there's no money in it. Best way to win is zerg rushing which gives no cash. Right now many of my unit members need c-bills I'd rather lose on offense and actually kill something than win and earn nothing.

Planets will just have to wait. :P

We play to win, if you are going to lose for us, then you are dead weight. Stop attacking and defend something instead. Attacking is not for making money...defending is for that. Also, you get more LP and more cbills for winning than you do for a few extra kills and losing...

Edited by Gyrok, 15 December 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#4 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:51 PM

View PostGyrok, on 15 December 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

We play to win, if you are going to lose for us, then you are dead weight. Stop attacking and defend something instead. Attacking is not for making money...defending is for that.

Exactly. Star Wolves keep this up and all of Clan Wolf will despise and revile them.

#5 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

Oh our unit was averaging well over a 90% win rate until we realized offense makes you no money.

Now we do damage to the generator in the first run and then get kills for the others and try to win in the last. DPS is the only way to make real money on offense or defense. Our unit was pulling down near a mil per game on defense and around 60 K on offense with an insta win.

If you haven't figured it out yet they are going to be doing some major rebalancing and will prolly reset the board at some point.

I'd just have fun for right now since they are probably going to reset everything. We'll win if we can but frankly offense is a drag right now.

Edited by Blueduck, 15 December 2014 - 04:56 PM.

#6 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:55 PM

View PostBlueduck, on 15 December 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

Oh our unit was averaging well over a 90% win rate until we realized offense makes you no money.

Now we do damage to the generator in the first run and then get kills for the others and try to win in the last.

If you haven't figured it out yet they are going to be doing some major rebalancing and will prolly reset the board at some point.

I'd just have fun for right now since they are probably going to reset everything.

That's why I specified when we go live. :P

#7 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostJoanna Conners, on 15 December 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

That's why I specified when we go live. :P

Indeed. Obviously once we go live feel free to specify where we hit and we can coordinate. Until then, I'd just have fun and enjoy the broken beta. xD

#8 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

View PostJoanna Conners, on 15 December 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

Do us a favor if you keep that up when CW goes live... and switch factions. :P

^THIS^

OP if you want to farm C-Bills go play normal matches..

You realize you don't HAVE to participate in CW, don't you..???

Edited by Odins Fist, 15 December 2014 - 08:43 PM.

#9 xfirestorm

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:51 AM

And also they are most likely going to be resetting everything at some point in the not too distant future. So I'd keep the little feuds in perspective that they don't mean too much right now.

Planets will just have to wait. If I were you I'd just have fun, farm c-bills, and win when you can without cutting into your unit earnings. :P

So, attack, rush a few, takes like 5 minutes if first wave fails, and you still get 50-100 thousand cbills, aprox. the same as a normal drop, with aprox. the same time spent.

Then you the attackers get enough points, and you will be defending a counter-attack, and if you do not get ~500.000 there, you are either losing, or doing something wrong. Well in any case, you are doing something wrong.

And you can still defend the planets we already occupied, you second line freebirth dezgra.

#10 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:11 AM

thats nonsense, if you need money go to the planets to defend, definding grants many money. if you aren't a bad player 400k+ is easy to get i have occosional matches with 600k+ (but this includes premium and 2 of 4 mechs with c-bill bonus).

yet if you need money THAT urgent, go and play soloqueue outside CW, because money there comes faster.

#11 I L L

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:48 AM

So, it took you more than one match to figure our rushing makes no money?

#12 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:15 AM

I hope there will be no reset.

Even if it was, we are invading, and we are Clan warriors, not business men. If you only seek money try to defend or play into the public queque, please. The goal of CW is winning planets, quiaff?

#13 CronuxKobold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 103 posts
  • LocationFighting the good fight on an undesclosed planet

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:20 AM

The op sounds like a mercenary to me not a true clansmen.

#14 MWHawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:16 AM

Just dropped with a bunch of Wolves who wanted money. What a waste. We worked for the wins on Kirchbach and these ******* are losing it for us. Sorry, but if you do not want to win planets, then get out of CW queu, regardless of reset and whatnot.

JUST.. DO.. NOT.. DROP.. IN.. CW..

It is insulting to those of us who fight so hard to win planets.

#15 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:22 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 16 December 2014 - 05:15 AM, said:

I hope there will be no reset.

Even if it was, we are invading, and we are Clan warriors, not business men. If you only seek money try to defend or play into the public queque, please. The goal of CW is winning planets, quiaff?

There is definitely going to be a reset. All things from beta to live get reset. No point in going for Terra in beta.

Also we are fairly all new to MWO so we need the cbills. Despite having over 90% win rate, attacking just aint profitable. We are and have been focused on defending.

When CW goes live, u can bet we will be at the forefront.

Also, you guys realize this is a game right? Your not really conquering anything, there is no million dollar prize at the end. So getting all upset in a beta is pretty silly.

Breathe, relax, we will get to Terra when this goes live.

#16 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:25 AM

View PostF0xdi3, on 16 December 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

There is definitely going to be a reset. All things from beta to live get reset. No point in going for Terra in beta.

Also we are fairly all new to MWO so we need the cbills. Despite having over 90% win rate, attacking just aint profitable. We are and have been focused on defending.

Also, you guys realize this is a game right? Your not really conquering anything, there is no million dollar prize at the end. So getting all upset in a beta is pretty silly.

Breathe, relax, we will get to Terra when this goes live.

Beta or not, winning is winning.

You may enjoy sitting back and screwing around and trying to farm cbills in the ONLY competitive queue in the entire game. However, that same joy you have from doing whatever it is you do in this game, is the same joy we get from winning matches and taking planets.

So, while you are fully entitled to your point of view...do not sabotage our efforts, because it causes us as much strife as you "winning poorly" and we are fully entitled to our point of view as well.

Edited by Gyrok, 16 December 2014 - 06:26 AM.

#17 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:31 AM

Exactly u keep attacking and we'll keep defending until this goes live. Whats the issue again?

#18 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:45 AM

View PostF0xdi3, on 16 December 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

Always talking about money.. You must really be a merc in Wolf clothes ;)

It is fine making money, but CW is the hardcore, RP and competitive mode. If you want to make money, you can just drop in the public queque, those drops should also be more efficient as they take less time to end..

Most of us are enjoying CW conquering planets, and your efforts to gain money instead of trying to win damage the Wolf Clan as a whole. This is the reason, i think Gyrok and Joanna Conners can agree with me..

#19 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:58 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 16 December 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

Always talking about money.. You must really be a merc in Wolf clothes ;)

It is fine making money, but CW is the hardcore, RP and competitive mode. If you want to make money, you can just drop in the public queque, those drops should also be more efficient as they take less time to end..

Most of us are enjoying CW conquering planets, and your efforts to gain money instead of trying to win damage the Wolf Clan as a whole. This is the reason, i think Gyrok and Joanna Conners can agree with me..

I actually agree with u but it seems you all misunderstood. We dont lose. We just dont zerg no more. We dmg gen first wave, kill on 2nd & 3rd. And go for win on 4th if it wasnt taken in the 3rd.

We dont Zerg rush anymore. Its sooo boring. We will leave the attacking to the "hardcore" and we concentrate on defending as we all get alot more in CW than in public que.

When this goes live our strategy will change.

#20 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:44 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 16 December 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

"Perhaps some honour can be restored to the House of Gyrok and his Delta galaxy brethren after you tossed aside your commitments last minute and abandoned Star League Reborn in the most recent Clan Nova Cat Invitational 10v10 Tournament."

This damages the Wolf rep alot more than what anyone does in a beta testing phase of CW that will be wiped when it goes live.

We have not been playing for 2-3 years and have not the accumulation of cbills you might have. We are gearing up for when the real fighting starts.

Right now its beta testing and as you can very well see its got many issues that will hopefully be fixed when it goes live.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users