55 replies to this topic

#41 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:09 PM

View PostJoanna Conners, on 16 December 2014 - 04:06 PM, said:

I didn't ask anything. I made statements and rhetorical statements. As long as you guys play to win post-beta, I don't care.

Well we're all in agreement then aren't we?

I just don't get why people are so anxious to take planets when the most efficient way to do it right now is do mass light swarms at it which is just cheap.

Offense in terms of actually killing the unit is basically impossible the way the maps are presently configured.

We won around 10 games in a row with zerg rush but now just focus on trying to get kills and money while taking out the generator if we can.

I just don't get why people are so zealous over taking planets when the best way to do it isn't even honorable or fun.

#42 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:33 AM

View PostBlueduck, on 16 December 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

I just don't get why people are so anxious to take planets when the most efficient way to do it right now is do mass light swarms at it which is just cheap.

I just don't get why people are so zealous over taking planets when the best way to do it isn't even honorable or fun.

The Clan way is to win efficiently, with the least amount of resources. I do not like so much meta builds, but that tactic works with different kind of 'Mechs , not only lights, and it is not that boring. Besides, if you objective is the cannon, tell me another way to take its generator down other than rushing and destroying it :huh:

#43 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:31 AM

View PostBlueduck, on 16 December 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

Well we're all in agreement then aren't we?

Offense in terms of actually killing the unit is basically impossible the way the maps are presently configured.

We won around 10 games in a row with zerg rush but now just focus on trying to get kills and money while taking out the generator if we can.

uhh why would we not use the most effective way possible to win the attack mode? until pgi does something to stop this then that is how we will operate, this is CW the point is to take planets the attack method be boring and ridiculous to say the least but it works... have fun on your defense runs vs the teams that dont do it and rack up your 48 kills.

#44 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 17 December 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

uhh why would we not use the most effective way possible to win the attack mode? until pgi does something to stop this then that is how we will operate, this is CW the point is to take planets the attack method be boring and ridiculous to say the least but it works... have fun on your defense runs vs the teams that dont do it and rack up your 48 kills.

Will do, make sure have fun aswell....oh wait...u wont.

#45 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostF0xdi3, on 17 December 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

Will do, make sure have fun aswell....oh wait...u wont.

defense is plenty fun

#46 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 17 December 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

defense is plenty fun

Yeah but your attacking & zerg rushing = no fun.

#47 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

Exactly, zerg rushing is lame but is right now the best way to win.

And for those of you who want to follow the cannon how is rushing at a target without attacking the mechs the "clan" way.

Frankly that would be viewed as cowardly.

#48 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM

View PostBlueduck, on 17 December 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

Frankly that would be viewed as cowardly.

Different Clans have different interpretations of Zellbrigen. Personally, wasting tens of good Omnies when i can achieve my objective losing less resources sounds like the Clan way. But that is me.

#49 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

View PostF0xdi3, on 17 December 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

Yeah but your attacking & zerg rushing = no fun.

yes but losing is even less fun, so zerg gheyness is the lesser of 2 evils. no need for debate we can thank pgi for the lame maps and mechanics thus far... its just early beta so fingers crossed plus igp is long gone

#50 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:05 PM

I agree, map selection is lame. Hopefully they get the maps up to snuff quickly :)

#51 PharmEcis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 148 posts
  • LocationSilver Spring, MD

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

Watching the wolves fight amongst themselves is so very apt. So who is Phelan and who is Vlad? :lol:

#52 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:56 PM

Eeerm, I'd call it more of a gentleman/woman disagreement in regards to the state of the beta.

#53 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:04 PM

Hold on.

Wouldn't repeatedly light rushing and winning every 2 minute drop 15 times to offset how long a normal match lasts.Wouldn't that be 900,000 Cbills every 30 minutes of play time? My contract gives a 60,000 base payout per victory.

I'm not sure I see the problem.

#54 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:37 PM

I'd say there's plenty of money in seizing territory from the Inner Sphere; there's not too much to be made by Clans attacking each other.

You can make several solid million C-bills with a good commitment even without premium playing Community Warfare; but we need to play as a cohesive unit; I can only hope that the other Clan units will realize this and resume their invasion corridors into the Inner Sphere, rather than invading their own neighboring Clans...

#55 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

View PostF0xdi3, on 16 December 2014 - 06:58 AM, said:

I actually agree with u but it seems you all misunderstood. We dont lose. We just dont zerg no more. We dmg gen first wave, kill on 2nd & 3rd. And go for win on 4th if it wasnt taken in the 3rd.

We dont Zerg rush anymore. Its sooo boring. We will leave the attacking to the "hardcore" and we concentrate on defending as we all get alot more in CW than in public que.

When this goes live our strategy will change.

I guess this is the thing. If what you are saying is true, then your still playing to win, just in a different way. Blueduck makes it out like your not caring if you win or lose and that is different.

Also I tend to agree about the zerg. It isn't fun and even though I am competitive, I give an inward sigh whenever my unit draws an attack or counter attack mission because I know I am not going to have fun that drop. Hopefully PGI will do something, anything that eliminates the zerg but until then if your dropping on an attack objective, then play to win otherwise as others have mentioned, just pick a defense world and screw around there.

#56 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:37 AM

Actually what I said is that given the old state of the beta winning was no fun. It actually is very enjoyable now so we have once again returned to trying to seize planets.

Given the recent patch this thread has outlived its usefulness. Requesting a lock.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users