Mechwarrior; Dark Age / Age of Destruction

177 replies to this topic

#161 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

My daughter and I opened 48 boxes tonight. We scored 4 LE's, a large chunk of paladin's and lots of good elites. Overall she had a blast and is collecting her own little "blue guy" army now :(

#162 Colonel Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 127 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

View PostForsakenWolf, on 29 October 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

Ahem. =P Galaxy Commander Quinn "Forsaken" Wolf of the Gamma Galaxy (The Wolf Hussars), SaKahn (Former) Clan Wolf United, pilot of the "Conquest" DireWolf

Hail, SaKahn. seeing you here sure brings back the good times!

and very sorry for the way long delayed reply! lol

lets bash some heads over here, shall we?

#163 RockWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 125 posts
  • LocationEastern Canada

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

Wow, people still can buy packs?

I used to play it a lot and was spending all my savings in new packs. But stopped when the died off in my area.

Until this day, I am still sad that I was never able to score a MadCat2 from the packs or trades. My brother had 3 of them(both SteelWolves and he still has the Spirit cat). As you can imagine, my brother was the Clanner and I was the freebirth(Davion/Swordsworn and Hightlander/Republic).

My favorite mech is Don Quixote the hell star piloted by Clyde Joyce. People hated me because of the camouflage+14 range ... till the 28 run speed rush mechs started existing.

#164 ForsakenWolf

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostColonel Jaime Wolf, on 29 March 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

Hail, SaKahn. seeing you here sure brings back the good times!

and very sorry for the way long delayed reply! lol

lets bash some heads over here, shall we?

Indeed! As soon as I get some issues sorted out on my end. >D

#165 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Wow, so I thought I was the only one still wishing I had someone to play with. Just dug all my units out of storage during a move, Even got my girl friend to play me ( she won sadly enough, by using 8 vehicles and 3 infantry against my 1 mech and 1 tank. Damn battle armor really did me in) I wish I could find a few people in southern California to play with regularly

#166 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostRockWolf, on 29 March 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Wow, people still can buy packs?

I used to play it a lot and was spending all my savings in new packs. But stopped when the died off in my area.

Until this day, I am still sad that I was never able to score a MadCat2 from the packs or trades. My brother had 3 of them(both SteelWolves and he still has the Spirit cat). As you can imagine, my brother was the Clanner and I was the freebirth(Davion/Swordsworn and Hightlander/Republic).

My favorite mech is Don Quixote the hell star piloted by Clyde Joyce. People hated me because of the camouflage+14 range ... till the 28 run speed rush mechs started existing.

I used to deploy the Republic elite Hellstar and a pair of Republic towed artillery pieces with overlapping fields of fire to anchor my lines in pure faction only tourneys for a while. Then the Steel Wolf Blades came out and won me the Aurora on the very last shot of a three way assault against it. Pity I never got to actually play a game with enough points to justify deploying the Aurora. I quit just before Hell's Horses came out and by then I was using Phelan Kell's Solitaire and the Clan Wolf Thor. Though for a while my solution to most scenario tourneys was "Throw Nova Cats at it until it goes away."

View PostOni Ralas, on 27 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

Started playing this recently. Started with the little AoD kit (12$ delivered, amazon) with just me and my daughter. Now have 2 other friends playing little games. Talk of playing that + converting some minis to hexbase. Quickstrike has come up over drinks.

96 booster packs have been ordered.

...there may be something wrong with us.

Nothing wrong at all. I traded away a paintball gun that was costing me more in ammo that I spent in boosters for twice what it was worth in minis... granted some of them weren't tourney legal (One Eyed Jack's Jupiter was still a beast when Falcons Prey and AoD came out and the original Spirit Cat Blackhawk's 6 point Alpha Strike made people cringe in low point games), but that never stopped the local players from using outdated, technically "illegal" 'Mechs and units when WizKids was still giving out prizes. I and several other players were still using the Steel Wolf Forestry Mech Mod as late as Liao Incursion in 250 point games... Heh, still have my booster snafu Stormhammer Griffin that came with the one of the Liao unique Heavy 'Mech base dials attached. I wasn't allowed to use it in that tourney, but we had a laugh since the weapon mix up and heat dial made it better than the unique.

Edited by Nathan Foxbane, 20 June 2013 - 09:46 AM.

#167 Halidon Drabek

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationRootstown, Ohio

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

I recently sold some fodder at a toy and comic store. Afterward, I started looking through my collection and was really sad I hadn't played it in so many years. More recently, I've been acquiring AoD booster from Five Below stores where they've been popping up. You can get later releases for $4 to $7. I've also scored the Republic Battleforce Set, which I love.

I've connected with another player from back in the day and am hoping we can get a group to play on a semi-regular basis.

I'm not looking forward to those "rush" mechs I'm hearing about. I was out of it when those come along.

#168 Grig Greiss

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationWallingford, PA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

I have a ton of white box cases with mechs, vehicles, and infantry that I never get to play. After AOD players just dried up in the Delaware Valley area (South Eastern PA). I've sold some over time but still hold out hope that I'll find players again. It was fun game that had a 1 hour play time, not many table top strategy or role playing games have that going for them. Plus the miniatures were fun to collect. Back in the day I was BM for Wizkids and it was great to teach kids how to play the game and see everyone show up for tournaments. I know those days are over but getting a group together every now and then to play. I was never the best player but that never mattered it was just the fun of the game. If anyone ever finds a forum or chat room for folks trying to gather to play please post it because based on many of the responses in this one subject it's clear we are out there, we're just scattered all over the place.

#169 CmdrLOBO

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

Played MW since MW 2 for Pc.
I started playing/collecting the clix around Death from Above expansion when I lived in St.Louis. A father/son Battlemaster combo gave me some Highlander pieces to flesh out what I got out of a starter box. Been a dedicated Highlander/RoTS player since. Also Davion for variety.
Was a fun game. Tourny's were fun and challenging and a good way to meet people. Most were fun peeps, some were obnoxious. The game started losing a lot of it's players when they announced set retirement. Alienating those that had spent fortunes collecting, only to have to spend it all again on legal pieces. I kept at it though eagerly awaiting new mechanics to freshen up repetative gameplay, and hopefully balance out some cheap combos.
Played till Domination came out and had to move. After that the nearest store having tourney's was 50+ miles one way. Now I just collect for posterity sake. My goal is to have all the LE's and a certain amount of all the other pieces.
I'm probably 80% there. Have lots of extras.
If anyone is near the Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas area and would like to play, trade, or buy/sell via mail let me know.
[redacted]

Edited by Egomane, 10 November 2013 - 09:57 AM.
Removed contact information for user safety. Please use PMs instead.

#170 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

i actually have a couple plastic boxes of DA clix pieces. including a full lance of m1 marksmans 2 schmidts, and a bunch of lighter vehicles. have about 5 light and medium mechs with my heaviest being a shadow hawk IIC.

#171 Tanek

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 37 posts
  • LocationArc-Royal

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

I played Steel Wolves hard. the store i gamed at hated the cards when they came out and banned the cards all together because of people "sharing" cards durring tournament play (i have my pin but lost the card/have the card lost the pin). So our "hero" mechs never lost power and while alot of people used the newer vehicles/infintry the old mechs were still seen alot.

Then the Ares (http://www.sarna.net...28BattleMech%29) came out and the store owners bought them up and ran a long campaign where we had to track down, and work together as teams to destroy them, escentially the player base vs the store campaign. I think that was the most fun, cause we finnaly cornered one and had to try to take it down on an unknown enemy base. They had mech hangers set up as terrain and we didnt know what mechs were inside and each player based on how fast they got to the site had x number of points to bring to the battle. I remember it was pretty big like 1500 points or something, there were 5 players vs the store that game and all i had, cause my forces were the last to show up was a few tanks, a repair vehicle and my mad cat III kendrick fetladrall (something like that). I loved how almost all of my steel wolves mechs had streak missiles and could ignore LoS.

#172 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

I keep a large collection, including many of the battlesets. I would think I have 95% of the uniques. I wasn't very impressed with the quality of the earlier pieces but those on the later sets were much better. As collectibles, the sets would stand on their own.

#173 smurph1983

• Pip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

anyone on here in the U.K. that plays this inbox me your rough location. always looking for other players.

i have a serious collection, bordering insane.. so happy for anyone to play using my pieces if interested.

southwest uk.

#174 MightyBolamite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

Sorry for the necro...
I have need to sell off my collection and am rapidly running out of places to post where people will actually see it.
I just want them to have a good, BT-fan home.
Please let me know if anyone is interested.

#175 Mandinga

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMiami Florida

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:14 PM

Would love to play again, my studio and I bought a ton of pieces and have enough units for several players. We are in south Florida. Give us a shout if you'd like to join a game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users