177 replies to this topic

#121 Links432

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationThrillinoise

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

I have not really been playing anymore, but I have bought a couple of cases and my oldest Daughter and I open them together. I opened up one of my last Falcon's Prey boosters and I find I have a Dropship Boarding pass. So I won a contest that is long over. I just had to laugh about it.

#122 ForsakenWolf

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

I remember it fondly. You could not get me to touch any other faction other than my Wolves. And I stomped some serious face...

I also miss my community. Clan Wolf United, from MWRealms. I'm hoping to run into those guys again..

#123 ForsakenWolf

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:05 AM

View PostColonel Jaime Wolf, on 30 September 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

Oliver

friend of TW1Kell and those mad bunch of Clan Wolf /Steel Wolf guys who managed an awesome "on roleplay" thread that knocked heads with the other mech heads from 2004 to 2008.

Ahem. =P Galaxy Commander Quinn "Forsaken" Wolf of the Gamma Galaxy (The Wolf Hussars), SaKahn (Former) Clan Wolf United, pilot of the "Conquest" DireWolf

Edited by ForsakenWolf, 29 October 2012 - 03:15 AM.

#124 HJ Maverick

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

I have 100's if not thousands of DA/AoD mechs... I am a wizkids *****:blink: I managed to get 25 cases of Mech heaven (each case contains 20 Headmaster Atlas's and 20 echo 001 Marauders 20 game maps proper size dice etc and game cards for each mech) also I have abot 20 unopened Officer club mechs (harvey Jackalope JLP-BD-l with metal stick pin/badge and pilot card) not to mention unopend boxes of prize pack mechs about 80+ 1 case left of unopened Wolfstrike booster ( my personal fav set) and a the list just keeps going

#125 HJ Maverick

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

I forgot 6 Aurora class dropships

#126 WarhawkX

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

View PostTooninki, on 01 July 2012 - 09:50 AM, said:

Damn!
Never got Mason Dunne, even from eBay, GIMME!

I'm not impressed, I have the original champion of addicks Atlas... the 300 point one? The black one with range 14 indirect fire for 5 clicks with armor 23 or 24.

Yeah... yeah... it's like that lol.

#127 HJ Maverick

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

That would be the Paladin Jonah Levin Atlas?

#128 HJ Maverick

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

if people would like to See Wizkids do Mechwarrior again please email them, if there is enough interest maybe,just maybe they might do it again ..... maybe a LE MWO mech :( ..providing Wizkids still hold the rights

#129 Brinxter

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

Yeah i remember the game.

Although i still have all my minis, i havent played a game in years...
But i have a lot of fond memories, winning our nationals, coming in second at the European championships (Behind Elite130) and going to the world championships 3 times iirc.

Ive played against a lot of really good players, as i said, fond, fond memories.
Havent really kept in touch tho, such a shame.

#130 uebersoldat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

What does everyone store their mini's in? I just landed a box full and it drives me CRAZY having them all just tossed in a box :)

#131 Sid Solis

• PipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

i played with a bunch of guys at a comic shop each one playing a faction or house these games started at 10pm and sometimes wnt to 5am! i played Kell hounds but had to mix in the other Merc factions because it was allowed and having the different units helped fill some voids. i currently still have my 10,000 point army and other mechs that i wanted to collect. i really miss playing this game and wish there was a group of people that still played it!

#132 Jackpot4

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

I started playing right after the first couple weekend events when it started, I stopped around the time Age of Destruction came out, I was so angry that i couldnt use any of my favorite pieces. I never won much, but i had the most fun i could taking my Ryoken II out with my Swordsworn armies. I came back a little while after AoD and got an AoD starter to try it out and see the changes, but the gaming group had already evaporated at the local store.... I still have all my minis and even got a few more ordered off ebay. My wife is gonna give it a try when I get back stateside and im gonna keep them to see if our kids have any interest in the gamein the future. I love building campaigns and storylines and missions, but i cant find ANYONE to play with and i have posted on multiple sites.

I'll be in Norfolk Virginia in January so if anyone in that area wants to play i am all for it! Also, i have no problem sharing, so if you are limited on pieces i have quite a few extra you can use against me!

#133 Weyoon

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

I been a BT Universe fan since MW2. I played BT Battleforce 2 because of the large scale warefare involved. While I love the entire BT Universe I couldn't get into the standard BT rules. It was just way to cumbersome to play any large scale battles.

I knew about MWDA but didn't bother with it due to initial release. While waiting for MWO to go closed beta I looked into it again and found you could get stuff pretty cheap. I now have (not including conventional units) about 10-18 mechs per faction prior to Firepower. I'm a merc fan myself and have 2 companies + 1 lance of merc mechs including both Wolf Dragoons packs and the Widomaker. :)

The rules I threw a lot out including action points and pilot cards and modfiers from AoD. Basically every peice can take a single action either move, fire, or nothing. Here's a high level of my rules:
  • Initiative Phase
    • Add command modifiers -3d6 + command value
    • Decide player order
  • Move phase (player 1, player2, etc)
    • Move
    • Run
    • Special Attacks
      • Charge
      • Ram
      • Death From Above
    • Transports
      • Unloading
    • Repeat for next player
  • Combat Phase (player 1, player 2, etc)
    • Artillery Fire (same turn)
    • Close Combat
      • Capture
    • Ranged Combat
      • Standard
      • Indirect fire
    • Repeat for next player
  • Cleanup Phase –Cool downs

#134 Weyoon

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

View PostUlric Kell, on 03 January 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

The biggest challenge now is finding 10/12MM terrain/buildings to use. Gale force 9 makes a bunch of good stuff but there’s only four sets. I need a lot more to get an active feel for how things run.

There's two places you can check out for buildings. Dropzone Commander has a bunch of printable card stock 10mm buildings. I use them:

http://www.hawkwarga...dable-buildings

Also Gamecraft makes 10mm MDF and 12mm card buildings:

http://store.gcmshop...-city-buildings

Terrain is pretty easy to make. I used a $5 Wallyworld acrylic kit, an $8 2'x8' pink foam insulation board, flock, and variious minor supplies to make walls, multi leveled hills, and tree bases. I bought I think 24 trees off of Ebay for about $8. I bought 2 foam boards from a dollar store and used them to make bridges and river bases. I used blue foil xmas paper I had to make the water. I've been meaning to write up a blog about the terrian and what I did to make each but have been lazy in that department. I'll have to post pics when I get home if I remmeber.

#135 Weyoon

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostLarsh, on 05 June 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

More recently myself and a group of my firends have pulled our pieces out of storage to begin playing this again. We were surprised at how cheap you can find boosters online and we've really gotten back into this (dead) game now. After buying some boosters in bulk we have a pretty good collection, and we play weekly, and keep finding new people who want to join.

Sometime next year we're thinking about hosting a small panel at our local anime convention, Tekkoshocon, located in Pittsburgh PA to see if we can rally more troops. This was one of my first introductions to the Mechwarrior universe and really enjoyed it, and I would love if Wiz Kids could bring it back.

Too bad the trip from one side of PA to another is about 5 hours :)

#136 Weyoon

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

View PostUlric Kell, on 03 January 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

The biggest challenge now is finding 10/12MM terrain/buildings to use. Gale force 9 makes a bunch of good stuff but there’s only four sets. I need a lot more to get an active feel for how things run.

Here's some pics of terrain I made on the cheap:

Dropship Command card stock buildings
Posted Image

River sections using foam board, beach sand, and foil wrapping paper
Posted Image

Flocked 2" foam insulation, cut in half and trees glued down. The snow covered trees are real twigs hehe

Posted Image

Foam board and beach sand defensive position

Posted Image

Foam board bridge

Posted Image

Inverted foam hard drive shipping package with add ons:
Posted Image

Unfinished snow covered hills, foam insulation layered

Posted Image

Flocked hill

Posted Image

"Icee" inverted cups to make storage tanks and also exploded ones

Posted Image

Wolf's Spiders and Wolf Dragoons Gamma regiment attacking Highlanders

Posted Image

#137 TrojanMan

Rookie

• The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSAN JACINTO, CALIF.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

LOL.... I've got a huge collection of so called "clicky base" MWDA stuff. Years ago I had to find good homes for all my lead due to living arraingment changes. Well when Wizkids came out with this game I dove in head first, and I'm still in way over my head (though not complaining). I like using these figs for my N scale Battletech tabletop games in the later time earas, although it's not easy finding players willing to give this a shot. If not the later time periods it's the fact that there's some figure size comparisons problems within the different sets or the limited availability of mech types. Well I've adapted... for one I use the small phoenix hawk fig as a wasp and vise-versa, I even found other Mecha type figures from other games (CAV, ect) to give a bit more variety to my tabletop gaming.
I still remember and loved playing the "clicky" game as well and will do so any time I can.
T-Man :)
Man I need to learn how to leave pics

Edited by TrojanMan, 02 December 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#138 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

All may Dark Age stuff is in storage. Though I might pull the Aurora dropship out to display on a book shelf.

#139 Weyoon

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 05 December 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

All may Dark Age stuff is in storage. Though I might pull the Aurora dropship out to display on a book shelf.

Want it! hehe

#140 Merky Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 871 posts
  • LocationRidin down the street in my 6-4

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

I've recently gotten into this with some friends. We've changed some of the rules to our own liking, specifically considering infantry and urban combat and some streamlining of equipment among other things. My main issues are with the boosters, which are quite cheap now but ***** I keep getting crap in these things, and I can't seem to find very stocked sources for single mechs and whatnot. When I do find a site listing such things they seem to only have low end mechs, which makes a certain amount of sense, but on the rare occasion they have a mech that is recognizable the things are like $20-60, which is ridiculous.

Anyway, I don't suppose anyone knows of any secret spots to acquire things for the game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users