• Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostRENEGADEMOON, on 18 December 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

Yea, Sandpit is always right.

you're proving yourself to be a very intelligent individual sir. I applaud you for your ability to understand this single most important factor in MWO

#202 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 December 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

like I said, you're trying to project your opinion into PGI's statements and actions to add more objectives. PGI and "soon" hasn't been much of a running joke for several months since they cleaned up their act. Now you're just trying to imply that because they took a week to collect data instead of making some immediate knne jerk reaction it was "huge".

That's what your'e supposed to do. You don't make big changes to stuff after 24-48 hours of playing it. That's who you wind up with crap like the one true lurmageddon we had.
That's how you wind up with skewed data sets
That's how you wind up with a bunch of players scratching their heads wondering "wtf"
Except for other things that have yet to materialize (in game VOIP for example, "Soon™"), the joke still stands and is current.

#203 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

View PostRENEGADEMOON, on 18 December 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

Zerg rushing. When we can get PGI to address a problem, why put up with it.

PGi did address it
Maybe you should read the townhall notes?

Oh, they also said they don't want it to be the only tactic. Notice how nowhere in that does it imply, suggest, or otherwise state that rush tactics should or are going away?

#204 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

View PostSandpit, on 18 December 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

you're proving yourself to be a very intelligent individual sir. I applaud you for your ability to understand this single most important factor in MWO
Talk about masturbating one's own ego...

#205 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 18 December 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

Except for other things that have yet to materialize (in game VOIP for example, "Soon™"), the joke still stands and is current.

maybe you should read those townhall notes as well sir

View PostDimento Graven, on 18 December 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

Talk about masturbating one's own ego...

it's not masturbation when someone else is doing the stroking

#206 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 December 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

it's not masturbation when someone else is doing the stroking

Justified every schizophrenic ever ;)

#207 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostGhost Badger, on 18 December 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

Justified every schizophrenic ever ;)

I can't help it if people are finally admitting to me genius :ph34r:

#208 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 December 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

maybe you should read those townhall notes as well sir
Ok, I've reread them... I'm trying to be open minded, but I guess I'm missing your point.

What am I missing that is salient to whether or not "Soon™" is still a relevant joke?

#209 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 18 December 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

Ok, I've reread them... I'm trying to be open minded, but I guess I'm missing your point.

What am I missing that is salient to whether or not "Soon™" is still a relevant joke?

first and foremost

back in October, PGI specifically stated all of those things you're talking about wouldn't be worked on until after CW was released. So to try and make any statement regarding 'soon" in this regard is disingenuous. They've been extremely good at hitting deadlines this year.

The townhall Russ stated they're going to start working on all of those things next month. Given that since they turned over their new leaf, they haven't missed a single real deadline and have been pumping out big features at a decent pace, you're just sounding like one of those people tying to cling to "but they missed this deadline 2 years ago"

I've been one of PGI's largest detractors for the last year or so. Even I can admit that they've knocked it out of the park over the last few months.

#210 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 December 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

first and foremost

back in October, PGI specifically stated all of those things you're talking about wouldn't be worked on until after CW was released. So to try and make any statement regarding 'soon" in this regard is disingenuous. They've been extremely good at hitting deadlines this year.

The townhall Russ stated they're going to start working on all of those things next month. Given that since they turned over their new leaf, they haven't missed a single real deadline and have been pumping out big features at a decent pace, you're just sounding like one of those people tying to cling to "but they missed this deadline 2 years ago"
I've been one of PGI's largest detractors for the last year or so. Even I can admit that they've knocked it out of the park over the last few months.
Hmm, our opinions differ on the relevance of "Soon™" then. It's only been a few months, where as we've had to endure a few years of it.

I am (and I imagine quite a few others of us) going to wait a bit longer before I'll let that fade.

As to your point I'm still confused.

You're saying that I shouldn't take the fact that they're making this change only after a week of CW as any indication that they view this as a priority issue? Yet, when we read the list of known issues that aren't being patched, issues that would, at least at face value, appear to be easier and more quickly resolved, undone, you're still believing that PGI believed the zerg-rush issue to be "no big deal"...

There had to have been SOME reason to prioritize this over some of the other issues...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users