• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:03 PM

View PostModo44, on 17 December 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

Oh, we will deal with you. Worry not.

I dont really know who YOU are, dezgra. But your statement isn't good for the health of your CGB contract, since the greater part of CGB is in ceasefire with wolf.

#22 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:16 PM

View PostAresye, on 17 December 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

I find this supremely odd coming from a group that likes to spawn camp player's dropships.

I'm not blaming CW so much as the game design. Same issue with spawncamping, it serves no purpose except to end the game once the defenders have clearly won. One straddles the line of ToS though, the other doesn't.

If one team refuses to attack, you're going to push out, and if they keep falling back, it's the spawn. The only alternative is to get everyone to run back to the base upon reaching the spawn and wait for nothing to happen again.

Edited by Krivvan, 17 December 2014 - 11:17 PM.

#23 Praehotec8

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 851 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:18 PM

As a mostly casual player, I have to make the following statements:

1.) I find it amusing/slightly disturbing that you (all of you collectively) get so worked up about these things. I like roleplay as much as the next, but some of you really sound peeved. Remember it's a game. Personally I find there is enough of that kind of garbage in the workplace....

2.) Assuming we're roleplaying, shouldn't the clans generally be united at this point, trying to wrest Terra away from the freebirth surats?

#24 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:20 PM

View PostPraehotec8, on 17 December 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

1.) I find it amusing/slightly disturbing that you (all of you collectively) get so worked up about these things. I like roleplay as much as the next, but some of you really sound peeved. Remember it's a game. Personally I find there is enough of that kind of garbage in the workplace....

+1

Being able to invade other clan planets is part of the game. No reason to get actually legitimately upset at that. Take a look at how the IS factions are fighting each other. There's also the issue that we can't attack on more than one other planet otherwise, IS stops defending the Steiner planet when it's at 11 and there's no longer any CW to do. Clan vs. Clan is fun too when Clan vs. IS gets too easy.

Edited by Krivvan, 17 December 2014 - 11:23 PM.

#25 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:21 PM

So I am seeing that certain players are finding this behavior justified.

Behavior that has players intentionally not fighting so that other players can not fight in order to "win" planets.

This manages to be bad from both a clan lore perspective and a gameplay perspective.

I mean it is one thing to do it to the Lords who many have personal grievances against but to use those same tactics against SJR who behave entirely differently? Any wolves performing these actions may have wanted to hurt the Lords but they caused a tremendous amount of collateral damage to third parties including themselves, although they may not realize that yet.

I understand fighting and using your numbers to challenge planets for ownership. I even understand waiting until your newer and lower skilled pilots have created a diversion before sending in your stronger pilots to launch the actual attack.

But having your pilots then proceed to waste time in that diversion by not even bothering to attack the enemy during their drop? Even when the drop would (arguably) last the same amount of time regardless just by nature of the time it takes to destroy 'mechs and drop in new ones?

Freebirth cowardice at its worst.

You want to prove your units are better than the Lords, try not sinking to below their level to avoid fighting them.

Edited by jeirhart, 17 December 2014 - 11:24 PM.

#26 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:32 PM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 17 December 2014 - 11:03 PM, said:

I dont really know who YOU are, dezgra. But your statement isn't good for the health of your CGB contract, since the greater part of CGB is in ceasefire with wolf.

I have a feeling the greater part of CGB will not condone your highly dishonorable tactics. I wonder how you can do those things, and not expect a response.

#27 Geck0

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:39 PM

The thing is, like my Trothkin Jeirhart said you hurt yourself. You have invoked the very hatred and disdain you gave just one of our units to your ENTIRE FACTION. By doing this you have made enemies of every Jade Falcon unit as well as any other unit that finds these acts deplorable. Congratulations you have become worse than the very thing you hate.

#28 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:46 PM

View Postjeirhart, on 17 December 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

I mean it is one thing to do it to the Lords who many have personal grievances against but to use those same tactics against SJR who behave entirely differently? Any wolves performing these actions may have wanted to hurt the Lords but they caused a tremendous amount of collateral damage to third parties including themselves, although they may not realize that yet.

Are you even aware of what you just said....? You mercs joined CJF, and took it a step further, engaging in the defense of a planet that never should have been taken in the first place.

That makes you every bit the narcissistic trolls that the Lords are. Congratulations. You and your shifty arrogant attitudes are everything that's wrong with this game.

Give us the Lords that run Church of Skill and help improve the Community. Take back these idiots who attack their fellow clans during an inner sphere invasion, simply because they can.

#29 w00tzor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationMechlab

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:50 PM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 17 December 2014 - 11:46 PM, said:

Are you even aware of what you just said....? You mercs joined CJF, and took it a step further, engaging in the defense of a planet that never should have been taken in the first place.

That makes you every bit the narcissistic trolls that the Lords are. Congratulations. You and your shifty arrogant attitudes are everything that's wrong with this game.

Give us the Lords that run Church of Skill and help improve the Community. Take back these idiots who attack their fellow clans during an inner sphere invasion, simply because they can.

Point is: we can only attack one steiner planet, after the steiner planet is done, we've got nothing to do.

We took Butte Hold for the name, but that seems uncomfortable for you. Unlike getting conquered by the bears, that seems fine. Lol.

#30 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:51 PM

Please do the slightest research (ie read my forum signature) before you make assumptions about me and what unit I represent.

#31 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:56 PM

View Postjeirhart, on 17 December 2014 - 11:51 PM, said:

Please do the slightest research (ie read my forum signature) before you make assumptions about me and what unit I represent.

My bad. This site is **** on my mobile. I see no sigs on anyone. So I drew my conclusions from your post.

Edited by Speerit Ward, 17 December 2014 - 11:57 PM.

#32 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:57 PM

Think about what you're saying. It's part of CW mechanics to allow clans to invade each other. There are no true alliances, the factions aren't all of one mind, you can't even choose which planets you get to attack!

People take RPing way, way too far.

#33 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:00 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 17 December 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

Think about what you're saying. It's part of CW mechanics to allow clans to invade each other. There are no true alliances, the factions aren't all of one mind, you can't even choose which planets you get to attack!

People take RPing way, way too far.

I guess I can kind of agree with you there....
Honestly, you guys and CSJ should really get an extra attack window. Or everyone should have 3 minimum, with the ability to select one. You got the short stick, there

#34 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:01 AM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 17 December 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

End of the day, the planet is ours.

I dont think anyone that I know in clan wolf would honestly say we are COLLECTIVELY as skilled as Lords or SJR in a straight up gunfight. NOT YET ANYWAY. Anyone who does is kind of fooling themselves. ( I might get a paddling for saying this, but it's pretty much the grim reality of things.)
And in this situation, you faced a cluster full of sibkos... So even moreso.
Therefore, in the final hours, we are going to use the strength we DO have. Our tactics, our numbers, and our determination.

(Flip through a history book, kiddo. When a weaker army is besieged by a stronger one, victories are often achieved through tactical withdraw and delaying the enemy force while the objective is logistically won.)

That said... If you don't like it, you may want to consider focusing on the Inner Sphere like you're SUPPOSED TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE. Then you wont have to deal with us.

you even got some freebirths to come wipe the *** off your chin.

Easy, "kiddo". No need for embarrassing roleplay faction pride here. We are playing a new gamemode, better yet, the beta of a new gamemode which has quite a few issues. CW used one of those issues to win because they were unable to beat Lords. It's ok dude, calm down.

Purposely not participating in combat is an offense that qualifies for a ban. This has been stated repeatedly. Now this is a new gamemode, so it's not entirely clear if PGI handles the ToS exactly like they do in other game modes. If they do, what CW did was not using tactics/determination/numbers, but a ToS violation.

No use in arguing over it before there is a statement from PGI.

Krivvan, are you able to contact Russ on twitter regarding this by any chance(he seems to be rather quick answering there)?
Imo, this is atleast dancing on the line of a ToS violation. Would be cool if we could get a confirmation on it.

#35 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:06 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 18 December 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

Easy, "kiddo". No need for embarrassing roleplay faction pride here. We are playing a new gamemode, better yet, the beta of a new gamemode which has quite a few issues. CW used one of those issues to win because they were unable to beat Lords. It's ok dude, calm down.

Purposely not participating in combat is an offense that qualifies for a ban. This has been stated repeatedly. Now this is a new gamemode, so it's not entirely clear if PGI handles the ToS exactly like they do in other game modes. If they do, what CW did was not using tactics/determination/numbers, but a ToS violation.

No use in arguing over it before there is a statement from PGI.

Krivvan, are you able to contact Russ on twitter regarding this by any chance(he seems to be rather quick answering there)?
Imo, this is atleast dancing on the line of a ToS violation. Would be cool if we could get a confirmation on it.

Yes, go ahead. In fact, attach it to the bottom of our report, which includes footage, and audio from sjr stream, that has you/them intentionally disconnecting, reconfiguring, and reconnecting in a match. That's an exploit, jack.

Of course I wasnt there. Personally, if I had been, I would have pushed gamma or Alpha, whatever map, and died honorably. So I don't know all the facts.

Edited by Speerit Ward, 18 December 2014 - 12:06 AM.

#36 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:08 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 18 December 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

Purposely not participating in combat is an offense that qualifies for a ban.

Therefore all Clan base rushers should be banned. Games that end under 3 minutes, no kills, nobody earns c-bills? It's the same thing as non-fighting.

#37 w00tzor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationMechlab

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:12 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 18 December 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

Therefore all Clan base rushers should be banned. Games that end under 3 minutes, no kills, nobody earns c-bills? It's the same thing as non-fighting.

Yeah, clanners are usually that kind of scum that baserushes with unhittable 150kph light mechs.

#38 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:12 AM

The objective is to destroy the base, not kill enemy 'mechs. C-Bills are gained and the next drop can begin that much faster.

Furthermore, they are implementing patches to prevent such base rushes in the future. No such content update has yet been mention to prevent the behavior documented in this thread (outside of possibly increasing the timer) as this behavior has only reared its ugly head in earnest today.

Edited by jeirhart, 18 December 2014 - 12:13 AM.

#39 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:14 AM

In case anyone missed it.

Whats going on is the Wolf teams got together and decided telling the mediocre teams to tie up the game if they get Lords, SJR, or generally feel they cant win. This is mainly a problem on Sulfer because map design makes it hard to go offensive.

This is artificially weakening the planet's defense by allowing another group to attack either turrets or guarantee a weaker group.

It is a game design issue that only the dezgra could find.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 18 December 2014 - 12:27 AM.

#40 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:14 AM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 18 December 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

Yes, go ahead. In fact, attach it to the bottom of our report, which includes footage, and audio from sjr stream, that has you/them intentionally disconnecting, reconfiguring, and reconnecting in a match. That's an exploit, jack.

Of course I wasnt there. Personally, if I had been, I would have pushed gamma or Alpha, whatever map, and died honorably. So I don't know all the facts.

I'm neither part of SJR nor Lords, and i give a rats ass about CW/roleplay. It's just a new gamemode. If SJR violated the ToS they deserve to be punished for it just like those CW guys if they violated it.

"Clan base rushers" are playing the objective, while guys who don't "participite in combat" are avoiding to play the objective, just like CW did in this match.

Edited by meteorol, 18 December 2014 - 12:15 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users