• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:06 AM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 18 December 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

You,sir get a cookie.

You know....I do love me some cookies!!!

#62 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:08 AM

Unfortunately my cookies look like 🍪

Like that.

#63 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:09 AM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 18 December 2014 - 01:08 AM, said:

Unfortunately my cookies look like ������

Like that.

I <3 all cookies...mine...mine...mine. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Thank you for the cookies my friend!

#64 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:10 AM

View PostArmando, on 18 December 2014 - 12:58 AM, said:

So, just to clarify....The Lords are upset that other units used classic "Art of War" tactics to take a planet from them, and now they are Butte Hurt?

During the entire duration of their existence the Lords have treated all non-unit "community" members like shiat, it is now "community" warfare time, so if you are a Jade Falcon (Lord or not) I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for "community" support in ANY dispute (justified or not).

My complaint is not with the people who did it, but the game mechanics that allow for it revealing a weakness of the game type. It's the beta period, pointing out potential problems like this is part of the point. I speak for myself, not the unit as a whole.

Not to mention it was being done to SJR as well.

Edited by Krivvan, 18 December 2014 - 01:18 AM.

#65 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:19 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 18 December 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

My complaint is not the people who did it, but the game mechanics that allow for it revealing a weakness of the game type. It's the beta period, pointing out potential problems like this is part of the point. I speak for myself, not the unit as a whole.

Prolonging a match is NOT a game play weakness or flaw, but a viable tactic used through out the entire history of warfare.

SJR are great guys, many of the are my friends. That said they chose the same Clan as the Lords, and as I have said before ANY House or Clan the Lords are a part of will have to deal with the consequences (as well as the benefits) because of the toxic environment PROUDLY created by the Lords (right or wrong, that is the way it is).

Edited by Armando, 18 December 2014 - 01:26 AM.

#66 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:25 AM

View PostArmando, on 18 December 2014 - 01:19 AM, said:

SJR are great guys, many of the are my friends. That said they chose the same Clan as the Lords, and as I have said before ANY House or Clan the Lords are a part of will have to deal with the consequences (as well as the benefits) because of the toxic environment PROUDLY created by the Lords (right or wrong, that is the way it is).

Reminds me of the mentality behind the Dezgra list fiasco.

#67 Pewnk

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:31 AM

Queuing into a fight and not fighting is more than likely not what the Devs had in mind and is quite frankly abusive/boring. #Clearly Lords fault

#68 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:31 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 18 December 2014 - 01:25 AM, said:

Reminds me of the mentality behind the Dezgra list fiasco.

Lords don't care how they win, why should it matter to them how they lose. Dezgra or not, it worked.

Winning is all that matters to the Lords, and they will do what ever they see fit to get the win (regardless of how toxic it is to the MWO community). They have proven this time, and time, and time, and...you get the point....again.

#69 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:32 AM

Well I have to admit, yesterday was a weird day, I had 3 matches, 2 solos and one real. after this endless waiting on any planet, as if no one was at any other planets, so the groups probably "fled for action" to Butte sicne this seesm to be tha only palce somethign at leats happened.

on the other side CWDG could have tried taking the FFR planet.
But then we truly need to find a zellbrigen rule so that we only have one event every 2 weeks bringing action there.
On the other side, your Falcons Steiner planet was already at 11, so maybe you had some entertaining form the wolves.

Edited by Lily from animove, 18 December 2014 - 01:32 AM.

#70 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:34 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 18 December 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

My complaint is not with the people who did it, but tfthe game mechanics that allow for it revealing a weakness of the game type. It's the beta period, pointing out potential problems like this is part of the point. I speak for myself, not the unit as a whole.

Thats a pretty solid position, I guess. I would hate for that to become a regular occurance.
Like I said, I disagree with the tactic. I only support it being used on the galaxys biggest trolls outside the goons albeit indirectly through SJR. And to retake a planet Lords never should have had.

P.s, if you try to take Icar, you're probably going to see it again. Just not from my cluster.
So maybe don't?

Edited by Speerit Ward, 18 December 2014 - 01:36 AM.

#71 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:35 AM

View PostArmando, on 18 December 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:

Lords don't care how they win, why should it matter to them how they lose. Dezgra or not, it worked.

Winning is all that matters to the Lords, and they will do what ever they see fit to get the win (regardless of how toxic it is to the MWO community). They have proven this time, and time, and time, and...you get the point....again.

Lords are also very individualistic in their opinions and actions. I personally don't like singling out and belittling opponents or doing 'psyops.'

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 18 December 2014 - 01:34 AM, said:

P.s, if you try to take Icar, you're probably going to see it again. Just not from my cluster.
So maybe don't?

I can't stop what other Falcons decide to do. That said, it's part of the game mode and unless there is a formal alliance system, I don't believe it to be something worth getting angry about.

Edited by Krivvan, 18 December 2014 - 01:43 AM.

#72 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:36 AM

View PostMrCanis, on 18 December 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:

Queuing into a fight and not fighting is more than likely not what the Devs had in mind and is quite frankly abusive/boring. #Clearly Lords fault

Oh, but the other team DID fight, they simply took their sweet time doing so. A unit prolonging engagements with an enemy so that fellow units can gain an advantage is a staple of warfare though out history. In fact you would be hard pressed to find a major battle in history where prolonging engagements in conjunction with tying up or cutting off supply lines wasn't the deciding factor in the winning or losing of the battle.

Edited by Armando, 18 December 2014 - 01:47 AM.

#73 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:43 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 18 December 2014 - 01:35 AM, said:

Lords are also very individualistic in their opinions and actions. I don't like belittling opponents or doing 'psyops.'

You are not the only Lord who refrains from such tactics (In fact, I would say that 'most' Lords DON'T partake in "Pysops"). That said, you chose to align yourself with those that do. It is said, "You are the company you keep", with that in mind perhaps you should find a unit that discourages such tactics so you don't have to be associated with people that do employ them.

View PostKrivvan, on 18 December 2014 - 01:35 AM, said:

I can't stop what other Falcons decide to do. That said, it's part of the game mode and unless there is a formal alliance system, I don't believe it to be something worth getting angry about.

Maybe PGI will create an "alliance system", but until they do I think you are correct....getting 'angry' about it (or any game for that matter) is just a little bit silly.

Edited by Armando, 18 December 2014 - 01:59 AM.

#74 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:44 AM

View PostArmando, on 18 December 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

You know....I do love me some cookies!!!

Posted Image

#75 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:45 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 18 December 2014 - 12:15 AM, said:

The objective is to conquer the planet. And the best way to do it is apparently tying up Lords and SJR. The less matches they play, the better. And after today`s patch they will be facing 12 ERLL per dropship if they try to rush the attackers :-) GGCLOSE

well lords have all around the globe people + tryhard no-life attitude.
I doubt the wolfes can put out enough potential to have valid counterattackers all time as well.
So the butte will change its owner still a lot of times.

#76 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:46 AM

It is because we're trying to live out the push to Terra. RP and lore might mean nothing to you, but to a lot of wolves, it's the only thing keeping us going on MWO. So when you start taking out our back line without provocation, we don't know what effects that may have someday, so we have to stop having fun and turn back to do 12 man's against Lords and SJR.

Guess what. That's not fun, and that's your guys fault. It's not just because we hate getting wrecked, it's also for all the reasons Armando stated. The lack of respect. The trolling.

You have essentially walked into a card shop, flipped over all the tables, pulled out a deck consisting of the best cards imaginable, and demanded that everyone play you before they can resume playing each other, lest you walk around trashing the shop if we ignore you.

Asked why you reply "because I'm bored"

#77 Uklistan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:54 AM

I say you clanners band together and kill off lords/sjr then push for terra. Yes granted you'll never make it to terra, but at least then you might have a fighting chance.

#78 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:57 AM

View PostGrothlamarath, on 18 December 2014 - 01:54 AM, said:

I say you clanners band together and kill off lords/sjr then push for terra. Yes granted you'll never make it to terra, but at least then you might have a fighting chance.

Pain train is a coming Groth, next stop Terra. chugga, Chugga, chugga, Chugga, WOOT WOOOOOT.

#79 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:02 AM

nah, i want the Lords and sjr on my left flank, crushing steiner while we wolves cruise the line down the FFR-steiner border. CJF may be pissing in our oatmeal now, but they have the toughest songs of ******* in mwo and that's good for the clans.

But they're getting r aped by pgi's only 1 attack per sector limit.

#80 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:08 AM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 18 December 2014 - 02:02 AM, said:

nah, i want the Lords and sjr on my left flank, crushing steiner while we wolves cruise the line down the FFR-steiner border. CJF may be pissing in our oatmeal now, but they have the toughest songs of ******* in mwo and that's good for the clans.

But they're getting r aped by pgi's only 1 attack per sector limit.

Jade Falcons and Smoked Jags both got a buff from PGI because of the 1 attack per sector limit. Not saying the buff makes up for the limit, only that it is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users