#41 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:15 AM

View Postjeirhart, on 18 December 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

The objective is to destroy the base, not kill enemy 'mechs.

The objective is to conquer the planet. And the best way to do it is apparently tying up Lords and SJR. The less matches they play, the better. And after today`s patch they will be facing 12 ERLL per dropship if they try to rush the attackers :-) GGCLOSE

Edited by Kmieciu, 18 December 2014 - 12:17 AM.

#42 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:18 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 18 December 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

Krivvan, are you able to contact Russ on twitter regarding this by any chance(he seems to be rather quick answering there)?
Imo, this is atleast dancing on the line of a ToS violation. Would be cool if we could get a confirmation on it.

Their solution at the moment is to increase the auto-win timer from 5 minutes to 10 minutes. We'll see if that helps. The buffed Attacker dropships, while stopping spawncamping, would make it much easier to stay there now though.

Edited by Krivvan, 18 December 2014 - 12:18 AM.

#43 Orion the Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTraveller

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:20 AM

Hold on, you guys went 32-29 against a group that refused to participate in combat? looks to me like a shootout.

If they refused to fight, why didn't you chase them out/down and end the match with a spawn camp? It's a tactic that Lord has already defended it's use.

You guys also failed to Wipe them, which further supports the possibility of a shootout.

Don't get me wrong, I was neither there, nor am I part of Delta Galaxy, I'm just going by the screenshots that you posted.

#44 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:20 AM

I don't personally like it either. Hurts right in the honor box. Had I been Dropcom or even in that match, I wouldn't have participated in that. I would have at MINIMUM setup some zellbrigen. Since our sibkin couldn't hope to weather SJR focus fire, give them a chance in duels. Even if they lose, they learn a lot more than walking to a firing squad.

Of course, that would never be agreed to, since the opfor would be eager to Redrop.

Still, this whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

#45 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:23 AM

View PostOrion the Hunter, on 18 December 2014 - 12:20 AM, said:

Hold on, you guys went 32-29 against a group that refused to participate in combat? looks to me like a shootout.

If they refused to fight, why didn't you chase them out/down and end the match with a spawn camp? It's a tactic that Lord has already defended it's use.

You guys also failed to Wipe them, which further supports the possibility of a shootout.

Don't get me wrong, I was neither there, nor am I part of Delta Galaxy, I'm just going by the screenshots that you posted.

as a defender, you cant send everyone to attack on that map, so some stayed behind. later in that match it was much in our favor.

In other words, killing sissy base campers while not losing your gen on sulfer is tricky.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 18 December 2014 - 12:28 AM.

#46 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:25 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 18 December 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

Their solution at the moment is to increase the auto-win timer from 5 minutes to 10 minutes. We'll see if that helps. The buffed Attacker dropships, while stopping spawn would make it much easier to stay there now though.

BUFFED? They're fricking MONSTERS now. Truthfully, I share your hope that spawn camping (by the attackers to waste time) doesn't become a huge thing. I back it up in this case because dezgra was used to combat dezgra. (which is what we consider your taking of butte hold)

But that's a separate debate.

Edited by Speerit Ward, 18 December 2014 - 12:34 AM.

#47 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:27 AM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 18 December 2014 - 12:25 AM, said:

BUFFED? They're fricking MONSTERS now. Truthfully, I share your hope that spawn camping doesn't become a huge thing. I back it up in this case because dezgra was used to combat dezgra. (which is what we consider your taking of butte hold)

The main issue is the fact that defenders cannot decisively end games in any manner. Spawncamping was done mostly because there wasn't really anything else to do to make the game end besides waiting 30 minutes. A mechanic that ends the game in 5-10 minutes without the gate opening ends in defeat or something makes sense in my mind (unless defenders jump the gate every game, but if they do that and win for 10 minutes straight it'd probably still be a decisive win).

Edited by Krivvan, 18 December 2014 - 12:27 AM.

#48 Orion the Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTraveller

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:28 AM

I agree, I hate the spawn camp, I hate every tactic that's not in the original spirit of the game, but from the images you posted, it appears to me like a shootout took place.

#49 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:30 AM

View PostSpeerit Ward, on 17 December 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

You dropped against a bunch of sibkin, and you're upset that we didnt throw them at you to die?

Here's a hot dose of the truth: Clan Wolf plays to WIN.
If you understood that, you would be sitting on Maxies Planet now, not sitting in the forums, whining, and gathering all your butt buddies.

Who owns the most planets? Maybe you can't do the maths because you're studying too hard to improve your grammar, AMIRITE????

Actually they dropped against empty lobbies over and over, you didn't think they got all those Lord tags on planets from actual fighting did you?

#50 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:31 AM

View PostOrion the Hunter, on 18 December 2014 - 12:20 AM, said:

We eventually started pushing out in small groups in each lane. On Sulphur you cannot safely push out of just one lane which normally leads to teams having to stay in the base. We never played on Boreal, where this would not have been possible to do.

This was from the game before that one: https://dl.dropboxus...eenShot0078.jpg

Nothing happened in this game until almost 10 minutes in, so we ended up just pushing out before having to pull back because they had lights running within sight of other gates: https://dl.dropboxus...eenShot0079.jpg

It may also have been picked up on the SJR stream, although I think they only started streaming when they got frustrated and decided to start each game by jumping the gate on each lane.

View Postspectralthundr, on 18 December 2014 - 12:30 AM, said:

Actually they dropped against empty lobbies over and over, you didn't think they got all those Lord tags on planets from actual fighting did you?

All the Steiner planets were from fighting (a lot of constant fighting, no empty lobbies). Butte Holde was empty fighting after a few games against some Wolf units. The defended planets were from trying to queue on it once.

Edited by Krivvan, 18 December 2014 - 01:05 AM.

#51 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:33 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 18 December 2014 - 12:27 AM, said:

The main issue is the fact that defenders cannot decisively end games in any manner. Spawncamping was done mostly because there wasn't really anything else to do to make the game end besides waiting 30 minutes. A mechanic that ends the game in 5-10 minutes without the gate opening ends in defeat or something makes sense in my mind (unless defenders jump the gate every game, but if they do that and win for 10 minutes straight it'd probably still be a decisive win).

Oh that's my fault, I used the wrong term. When I said spawncamping I meant what Delta Galaxy did to sjr. Like, staying at spawn and not fighting. I'll correct the post.

#52 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:34 AM

View PostOrion the Hunter, on 18 December 2014 - 12:28 AM, said:

I agree, I hate the spawn camp, I hate every tactic that's not in the original spirit of the game, but from the images you posted, it appears to me like a shootout took place.

They were making us go seek them out at a huge disadvantage to us. We dont want to lose the gen but we also don't want the dezgra to burn 30 min for lulz either.

#53 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:34 AM

I kind of get the feelings of those players.
In lore, CW was the strongest, most progressive, most successful. Right now they are locked by FRR/Steiners they can only hardly beat, ilButt takes one of their planets from left and from right one of their own units goes rogue and takes Wolf planets. Very poor situation to be in and while we should generally agree that they should deal with it by pushing southwards, people have little cogs in their heads that sometimes spin in the other direction and they can do sily things from time to time. I wouldn't think much about it.

#54 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:36 AM

View Postspectralthundr, on 18 December 2014 - 12:30 AM, said:

Brother we reeeeeealllly don't need that for flamewar here.

#55 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:42 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 18 December 2014 - 12:34 AM, said:

one of their own units goes rogue and takes Wolf planets.

Ok stop everything. Let's squash that right away.

Clan widowmaker did not go rogue. They signed up with CGB on day one of cw. There was No betrayal from within community warfare.

This isn't up for debate. Reps from CWM have verified this themselves. Go look in the cgb ceasefire thread. I'm too tired to do that for you on my phone.

Please stop spreading that lie.

#56 Orion the Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTraveller

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:45 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 18 December 2014 - 12:34 AM, said:

They were making us go seek them out at a huge disadvantage to us. We dont want to lose the gen but we also don't want the dezgra to burn 30 min for lulz either.

I can agree, if they were burning the clock it would not be an honorable way to fight. I personally downloaded this game to stomp around and fight, and that does mean lose sometimes. It's a game and not real life, and I would not take the fun or experience out of it for myself to just run around and play hide and seek for 30 minutes.

All that being said, and not justifying any such tactic - we found out tonight that there is some sort of limit to amount of games that can happen at any given time, so all of that time spent in that match, was also spent in lobbies waiting, as we had 12 man groups waiting up to 30 minutes before being allowed into any sort of drop, whether it be empty or not.

So if ANY group, ANY side, ANY faction is intentionally using such a tactic, then I hope they realize they are also wasting the time of those sitting in rooms waiting for their turn to drop. If however, they are playing a different tactic of a shootout, then I will wait my turn, as I myself prefer a true battle and would like my fair share of time in a game shooting mechs.

#57 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:50 AM

There was also the one game where the last person tried hiding a Mist Lynx up on a hill somewhere, but I forgot to take screenshots of that beyond this one (which doesn't mean much on its own) so you'd have to take my word for that incident at least.

But the fact that one could at least theoretically do that to tie up a game as well is an issue too.

Edited by Krivvan, 18 December 2014 - 12:57 AM.

#58 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:58 AM

So, just to clarify....The Lords are upset that other units used classic "Art of War" tactics to take a planet from them, and now they are Butte Hurt?

Then I see a Jade Falcon member say "This manages to be bad from both a clan lore perspective and a gameplay perspective. Breaking news, Lords 'claim to fame' is "Just win baby". If Lords gave a 7^ck about 'gameplay' they wouldn't be the hands down most offensive unit in the game using, and I quote, "pysops" tactics like GGCLOSE before a match starts, calling out non-unit teammates and enemies alike as 'bads', and 'cowards'...you know, the things that make playing the game completely unenjoyable for the vast majority of the non-Lord community player base. All evidence points to the fact that the ONLY thing Lords cares about is winning, and that they will do WHAT EVER it takes to win, even if it makes the MWO community a toxic environment.

Any Clan or House the Lords joins will suffer because of the reputation that the Lords PROUDLY brought on themselves. I'm under clan contract and I get a pop-up that says "<insert Lord controlled planet here> needs defenders", LOL, ROTFLMAO, BWAHAAHAHA, not gonna happen (at least not as long as the Lords continue with the chest pumping, "GGCLOSE", trolling non-unit teammates and enemies alike, "pysops" Bull Stuff up).

During the entire duration of their existence the Lords have treated all non-unit "community" members like shiat, it is now "community" warfare time, so if you are a Jade Falcon (Lord or not) I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for "community" support in ANY dispute (justified or not).

Edited by Armando, 18 December 2014 - 02:03 AM.

#59 ShadowWolf Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:01 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 18 December 2014 - 12:50 AM, said:

There was also the one game where the last person tried hiding a Mist Lynx up on a hill somewhere, but I forgot to take screenshots of that beyond this one (which doesn't mean much on its own) so you'd have to take my word for that incident at least.

But the fact that one could at least theoretically do that to tie up a game as well is an issue too.

I witnessed PUGs doing this type of thing against CI the other day. Didn't work though because apparently CI's lights had BAP and were able to find the hiding shutdown mechs easily enough.

The 3 who did it went and hid, shutdown and then exited the game. Presumably with Alt-F4.

I at least had the courage to go back and take them all on with my respawns. Even managed to take 2 of them with me.

Edited by ShadowWolf Kell, 18 December 2014 - 01:04 AM.

#60 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:05 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 18 December 2014 - 12:50 AM, said:

That would be horse ****, and no one in CWI better do that around me, or I'll shoot them myself, and get kicked out of CW for doing so.

View PostArmando, on 18 December 2014 - 12:58 AM, said:

So, just to clarify....The Lords are upset that other units used classic &quot;Art of War&quot; tactics to take a planet from them, and now they are Butte Hurt?

Then I see a Jade Falcon member say &quot;This manages to be bad from both a clan lore perspective and a gameplay perspective. Breaking news, Lords 'claim to fame' is &quot;Just win baby&quot;. If Lords gave a 7^ck about 'gameplay' they wouldn't be the hands down most offensive unit in the game using, and I quote, &quot;pysops&quot; tactics like GGCLOSE before a match starts, calling out non-unit teammates and enemies alike as 'bads', and 'cowards'...you know, the things that make playing the game completely unemployable for the vast majority of the non-Lord community player base. All evidence points to the fact that the ONLY thing Lords cares about is winning, and that they will do WHAT EVER it takes to win, even if it makes the MWO community a toxic environment.

Any Clan or House the Lords joins will suffer because of the reputation that the Lords PROUDLY brought on themselves. I'm under clan contract and I get a pop-up that says &quot;&lt;insert Lord controlled planet here&gt; needs defenders&quot;, LOL, ROTFLMAO, BWAHAAHAHA, not gonna happen (at least not as long as the Lords continue with the chest pumping, &quot;GGCLOSE&quot;, trolling non-unit teammates and enemies alike, &quot;pysops&quot; Bull Stuff up).

During the entire duration of their existence the Lords have treated all non-unit &quot;community&quot; members like shiat, it is now &quot;community&quot; warfare time, so if you are a Jade Falcon (Lord or not) I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for &quot;community&quot; support in ANY dispute (justified or not).

You,sir get a cookie.

Edited by Speerit Ward, 18 December 2014 - 01:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users