#81 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:10 AM

View PostArmando, on 18 December 2014 - 02:08 AM, said:

Jade Falcons and Smoked Jags both got a buff from PGI because of the 1 attack per sector limit. Not saying the buff makes up for the limit, only that it is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

The buff was for the population size of the faction. CJF was third lowest after Liao and CSJ.

#82 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 18 December 2014 - 02:10 AM, said:

The buff was for the population size of the faction. CJF was third lowest after Liao and CSJ.

Ah...I see said the blind man to his deaf dog. My mistake, thank you for the correction. :-)

Edited by Armando, 18 December 2014 - 02:33 AM.

#83 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:51 AM

I have been at the receiving end of a Lord beat down many times and often not liked the way a select few of them have acted when giving that beat down but I am a grown @#% man. If I can't handle taking alittle ribbing from beat who beat me fair and square than I really think I have bigger problems.

That being said,if I ever came up against a group that did this tactic, I would simply adapt to it and move on. Lords are good enough to do this. just start bringing all jump capable mechs and smash them at their base. if these people are not very good, the additional ERLL on the dropships won't change the outcome of this match.

They could easily make this tactic unviable by making all doors open at 10 mins or something. you know, pretend that the constant shelling from orbit has shut off the power grid and the doors all open.

FYI waiting for 30 mins and then giving up on drops is why I have been attacking CW. just pure boredom. At least you guys are there to fight. once we start hitting the borders of other IS houses,i suspect that we will have plenty of other planets to focus on.

Also, Amando, no one that I am aware of in CJF is expecting you or anyone else to help us defend a planet. If you come, we will make room for you. If you don't, we will reap the glory on our own. Sorry if you have been offended by people who's sole intent is to convince you that you have lost before you have even fired. Wish you all the luck. I should add that I only speak for myself and no other CJF unit.

Edited by Pat Kell, 18 December 2014 - 03:05 AM.

#84 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:52 AM

Can we stop oversimplifying these issues? It goes something like this.

One of two things will reign supreme in CW: numbers or individual skill with time components to each. So long as one is on top the other becomes a moot point so long as one faction can significantly leverage their advantage in the superior (as a tool towards success, not my value judgment). Right now it's obviously numbers. And a lot of people are understandably frustrated by how this can be leveraged.

The problem is that the opposite is equally true. People that want skill to be the primary decider are against auto-wins. But that means that for every single match there must be a team on both sides for any progress to happen which can be equally exploited. A month after a system like that is in place, do you think any pugs are going to queue into a planet JF is attacking? Some may not queue into defense at all because not doing so makes it impossible to lose. Similarly attackers could get a planet during off hours and simply never queue again.

We can even bring in the secondary factor of time, which plays a role in both systems. Right now PGI is tuning this element by increasing the queue time before auto-wins are awarded and how often matches can start. It seems like a middle ground, but it can only be stretched so far. If we got to the point of a match every 30 minutes for example, many people would get left out and victory on a planet now becomes about what units can keep people online through most of a day.

It's very clearly an imperfect system. We all know that. But PGI was very likely aware of this issue going in, but they had to make a choice for a lesser of two evils. Whether you agree with the choice they settled on is a matter of opinion. So let's stop acting like there's some perfect alternative.

#85 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:06 AM

Its all in this screenshot
https://dl.dropboxus...eenShot0085.jpg

"because the other groups are not even at your level, We are not _____, and not opening gates or trying"

Edited by Kin3ticX, 18 December 2014 - 03:07 AM.

#86 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:11 AM

^_^

Gogo Long Range Rangers

Edited by MechB Kotare, 18 December 2014 - 03:11 AM.

#87 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:12 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 18 December 2014 - 03:06 AM, said:

Its all in this screenshot
https://dl.dropboxus...eenShot0085.jpg

"because the other groups are not even at your level, We are not _____, and not opening gates or trying"

Siege warfare perhaps? You attacked, now you are tied up by encircled counter attacking forces until relieved. Or you could go out to meet those forces in order to help that process along?

Edited by Noesis, 18 December 2014 - 03:12 AM.

#88 NotXanderpeach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 918 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:15 AM

This is bullcrap.
Cannot win in a honest battle versus good players and using *****-like strategy. They are not clanners. Just freebirth noskill d-bags.

View PostNoesis, on 18 December 2014 - 03:12 AM, said:

Siege warfare perhaps? You attacked, now you are tied up by encircled counter attacking forces until relieved. Or you could go out to meet those forces in order to help that process along?

C - Clanner.

#89 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:17 AM

This is one of those skill vs volume situations and where the Lords, perhaps a more elitist group not having the volume perhaps want to control behaviour more suited to their unit on the field?

On the other hand you could be more accomodating with your recruitment and staffing policies to include more forces and possibly have to manage recruitment and allies/diplomacy and all the other strategical elements that other units put time and effort into as a part of the CW efforts to achieve these things with more volume.

Wonder if you could stomach CW if logistics where more realistic?

#90 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:46 AM

This is CW, not one 12 pre beats an entire faction. Get over it and just stay away from Wolfspace. There are enough IS planets for you. Your time will come 3057.

#91 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:46 AM

View PostXanderpeach, on 18 December 2014 - 03:15 AM, said:

This is bullcrap.
Cannot win in a honest battle versus good players and using *****-like strategy. They are not clanners. Just freebirth noskill d-bags.

wait one - a honest battle?
so a basketball duell - a generic NBA team vs a primary basket ball team is fair?

You want to be a claner? So what about bidding - what about Zell - if you drop with 12 - bid away 4 or 5 player - they are not allowed to participate
or you face your foes - one on one - using zell - no turrets no spawn camping.... fight one on one - an only using 1 respawn!

I think using zell in a clan vs clan fight could coun't as a kind of bidding too - because removing teamwork will reduce your ability strong.

If you want to fight like you are used to play - with focus fire and superior individuell skill - to "bind" you is absolute valid - as long as you can attack multiple worlds multiple times per day.
Its the only chance other units have.

Edited by Karl Streiger, 18 December 2014 - 03:47 AM.

#92 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:58 AM

View PostShadowWolf Kell, on 17 December 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

I'd hate to see what happens when they realize this a beta and everything's going to be wiped.

Devs just want us to use and abuse the **** outta this thing, find the bugs and imbalances.

Edited by Reverend Poison, 18 December 2014 - 03:59 AM.

#93 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:00 AM

I was the one that was "Hiding" if you want call it that. What I was doing was providing intel on where they were moving. Once I was the last one left, I made the decision to force them to find me instead of giving them an easy kill. Had this been anyother unit that has not spent the entire match insulting and verbally assaulting non unit members, I would have thrown myself at them and gone down in a blaze of glory. This team, by their actions to non members, does not deserve that.

I also find it ironic that a team that shows no honor through their verbal assaults and insults on everyone not a Lord, is saying that this tactic is dishonorable (deszgra). Dont claim something is dishonorable, until you start acting honorble yourself. If you find hiding from your enemy dishonorable, then you should never run ECM either. That is essense, hiding from your enemy.

Just like you claiming that spawn camping is a valid tactic and game mechanic, tying up your enemy to drag out fights is a valid tactic and game mechanic.

All of this is my opinion and not that of my unit or faction.

Edited by RustyBolts, 18 December 2014 - 04:05 AM.

#94 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:01 AM

Well actually, it is more or less a valid tactical matter, they bind your troops and distract them so that others can take the planet on other battlegrounds. Very valid because a single hero can not conquer the whole world alone.

The counter tactics for this would be lords having to recruit more member,s but that would be probably against their elitistic status.
So they are stuck now with elitists problems.
Now they realise they are only a small part in the big puzzle and thats not in their taste.

What makes me wonder is in another thread I was saying to the Lords they could bing some less harder dropdecks so that randoms can have fun (which would eb a lot more clanlike) and they denied it. Now that they seem to lose, they try to talk about "clanner values". This is truly a bit twisted.

Edited by Lily from animove, 18 December 2014 - 04:03 AM.

#95 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:05 AM

Claner values? Lol. They use focus fire. They hide in turrents. Sorry. Nobody follows the Lore acc. to that. Bidding?
Just lol.

#96 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:05 AM

I am really Glad I am a mercenary in this chaos. "being a hero doesn't pay..being a mercenary does." But it does seem other top tier units have joined the CJF I wonder why. CI , the 228th and a few others still remain IS.

Edited by Kh0rn, 18 December 2014 - 04:09 AM.

#97 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:09 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 18 December 2014 - 04:00 AM, said:

I was the one that was "Hiding" if you want call it that. What I was doing was providing intel on where they were moving. Once I was the last one left, I made the decision to force them to find me instead of giving them an easy kill. Had this been anyother unit that has not spent the entire match insulting and verbally assaulting non unit members, I would have thrown myself at them and gone down in a blaze of glory. This team, by their actions to non members, does not deserve that.

I also find it ironic that a team that shows no honor through their verbal assaults and insults on everyone not a Lord, is saying that this tactic is dishonorable (deszgra). Dont claim something is dishonorable, until you start acting honorble yourself. If you find hiding from your enemy dishonorable, then you should never run ECM either. That is essense, hiding from your enemy.

Just like you claiming that spawn camping is a valid tactic and game mechanic, tying up your enemy to drag out fights is a valid tactic and game mechanic.

All of this is my opinion and not that of my unit or faction.

You were burning the clock, shut down, on a goat path in the mountains.

#98 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:12 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 18 December 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

You were burning the clock, shut down, on a goat path in the mountains.

And? While I was on that goat path shut down, I was relaying enemy movements to my team.You expect me stand out in the open and relay information?

Edited by RustyBolts, 18 December 2014 - 04:16 AM.

#99 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:16 AM

View Postjeirhart, on 17 December 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

So I am seeing that certain players are finding this behavior justified.

Behavior that has players intentionally not fighting so that other players can not fight in order to "win" planets.

This manages to be bad from both a clan lore perspective and a gameplay perspective.

I mean it is one thing to do it to the Lords who many have personal grievances against but to use those same tactics against SJR who behave entirely differently? Any wolves performing these actions may have wanted to hurt the Lords but they caused a tremendous amount of collateral damage to third parties including themselves, although they may not realize that yet.

I understand fighting and using your numbers to challenge planets for ownership. I even understand waiting until your newer and lower skilled pilots have created a diversion before sending in your stronger pilots to launch the actual attack.

But having your pilots then proceed to waste time in that diversion by not even bothering to attack the enemy during their drop? Even when the drop would (arguably) last the same amount of time regardless just by nature of the time it takes to destroy 'mechs and drop in new ones?

Freebirth cowardice at its worst.

You want to prove your units are better than the Lords, try not sinking to below their level to avoid fighting them.

When a group is pissed off by a few. You can and should expect that kind of attitude. Be disrespectful to your opponent, and you can be sur he won't have trouble letting all kind of respect behind him.

I am pretty sur that would not have happened if the LORDS had much more respect durings games.

Find it stupid, Clan Wolf have basicly used the game against LORDS, it's boring isn't it? Well that's the point.

Personatly, I did not participated in the battles. But I am both for and against theses kinds of actions. Maybe in the futur LORDS and others Unit will think twice before making people angry.
And with some luck, that sort of thing won't happen again. But it need works from BOTH side.

It could have ended in a much better and friendly way.
(I am personatly against the LORDS. But I am not against a truce, I am pretty sur by now they are not all like the ones I meet on the battlefield.)

Beside, now Clan Jade Falcon does not have the shame of possessing a planet named Butte Hold... Just wait until we reach "Pomme de Terre".
Posted Image

Edited by KuroNyra, 18 December 2014 - 04:20 AM.

#100 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:19 AM

View PostDuvanor, on 18 December 2014 - 03:46 AM, said:

This is CW, not one 12 pre beats an entire faction. Get over it and just stay away from Wolfspace. There are enough IS planets for you. Your time will come 3057.

You should probably learn how the game works.
One Steiner planet per day is not even close to enough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users