Stuck/infinite Loop On Match Loading Screen

56 replies to this topic

#21 Guyver81

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:58 AM

Done that Death Row Twice! I'm glad it work for ya =) Sadly not me..

Thanks P4r4g0n ill give it a try =). Cant wait for some MWO action! so gonna try Login this 1.00am and see how =). If true.. thats one hell of a weird problem i ever face in online gaming =_='.

#22 Guyver81

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:36 AM

WTH.. with trial run using flyvpn im able to play 0_0'.. 350ish ping BUT I CAN PEW PEW and kill some mech 0_0'

This mean i need VPN to play MWO now.. so not good in long run. Why I can play MWO without VPN the first 3 days i play?.. why now? why need VPN now? Who in the right mind blocking MWO?

Already spend some amount of Money. If i had known earlier.. Save 100 usd buying MC =(.

Premium VPN is another extra Cost on top of Internet bills.. this is not funny =(

Edited: You are correct p4r4g0n.. im able to play from 2am to 3am... guess im Doom/curse to never able to play MWO normally =_='

Edited by Guyver81, 31 December 2014 - 10:48 AM.

#23 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:31 PM

It started happening only when the DDoS attacks against certain game servers started back in November. Might go back to normal when the DDoS attacks stop.

Edit: Oh btw, you can't play CW matches even if it is after 1am. Just the Public Queues ... possibly because the CW servers have a different IP range or something.

Another of life's little "gotchas" I guess.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 31 December 2014 - 10:44 PM.

#24 Guyver81

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:46 PM

Last November? but im able to play from 13 to 16 of December 2014 haha.

I hope they Fix it soon.. beside last night game. I haven't play any decent MWO for 12 days now. My premium MWO time wasting and my Mech Rusting in Mechlab =_='

#25 Master Exploder 2k

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMerseyside

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:08 PM

Did anybody find a solution to this issue yet? Tried switching the files but the download links don't work...

#26 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:37 AM

Hah, I still cannot get into a match unless it is between 1am and 9am my time and better yet, I can't get into CW matches at ANY time.

I'm either going to have a find a new ISP or a new game since support has not responded beyond the initial request for some information despite repeated follow up. > 2 months with this problem is really disappointing.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 27 January 2015 - 12:38 AM.

#27 Draven Darkshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:59 AM

if you can do a tracert or ping 192.99.109.129(game server i think) or 192.99.109.192 (login/patch server)? this is the ip i have for mwo routing via your isp. more information such as router/firewall and isp you have may help..

another possible thing is try to access / test those two ips or try the client at an internet cafe or something similar if they have the same problem to access mwo. if they all have the same problem accessing mwo it might be something within the routing that can't be fixed

Edited by Draven Darkshadow, 28 January 2015 - 02:59 AM.

#28 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:48 AM

The inability to connect stops on the dot at 1am and starting at 8am, packet losses start showing up and by 9am, it is no longer possible to drop into a match.

This entire experience has been confirmed by one other MWO player using the same ISP's ADSL package so it is pretty clear that something either filters the udp packets or is disrupting the udp traffic to the extent that the match can't be launched.

Although this issue can be circumvented by using a vpn, the additional cost means I'm better off switching to fibre (from the same ISP) which doesn't have this problem (probably due to different routing) and getting a whole lot more bandwidth. However, since fibre is > double what I'm currently paying for my ADSL, it begs the question whether I'm better off finding another game.

Tracerts seem to indicate that the issue starts at the point between my ISP's landing point in the north american continent and OVH's network.

I've asked multiple times if PGI can confirm whether the issue is at OVH's side and have gotten nothing back. Until I hear back from PGI, it is kind of difficult to convince my ISP that this is an issue at their end since I have no problem with anything else internet related at this point.

The real kicker for me is that it has been >2 months without a response and this is what is driving the consideration to just find another game despite blowing US$200 in October for mech packs ... :P

I should check with support about getting a refund. That might perhaps elicit a better response time.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 28 January 2015 - 07:50 AM.

#29 Master Exploder 2k

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMerseyside

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:31 AM

My ISP is EE (Orange & T-Mobile), ping and trace results below.

Spoiler

#30 Master Exploder 2k

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMerseyside

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:37 AM

Tried using my neighbours wifi (BT) and the trace/ping results are attached below.

Edit: Game seems to work normally, no infinite loading screen.

Spoiler

Edited by Master Exploder 2k, 28 January 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#31 Guyver81

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:43 AM

I still cant play MWO since the day i posted this Post. Almost 2 months now.. im not as detail as p4r4g0n.
Same as p4r4g0n.. im only able to play 1am Onward. Its just not Logical for me to wake up till 1am just to play MWO haha.

#32 Master Exploder 2k

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMerseyside

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:19 PM

Well, you can alt+f4 during the loading screen, and then rejoin, that's how I do it.

#33 Draven Darkshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:53 AM

1 am - 9 am it works while any other time of the day it doesn't work unless (A) you switch your dsl package to fiber connection with your isp and (B) another person reports that if they use their neighbour's isp it works then.

I think its more highly probable that its the isp's routing and filtering to north america side rather than the game server itself.

as I recollect lot of isps especially major ones in asia and pacific trade certain amount of bw from continent to continent in order to limit usage of their limited bw per contract they may block certain ports until the lowest usage period and then open it then. mostly to reduce torrenters or other p2p users from d/ling too much.

I believe this is more likely your isp problem which blocks a number of udp ports for the lower pay grade adsl clients during the peak hours and high usage from their less than premium customers which you seem to have no problems at all.

as for the person that is connecting to the neighbour's internet, it maybe your router firewall preventing you to access the game which you may need to find out what model you have for the router for your internet connection

#34 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:48 PM

Still waiting on PGI to let me know IP & port ranges so I can contact my ISP about this. Amazing that I still haven't gotten this basic information after more than 1 month of asking.

It is most likely some kind of filtering but I am not entirely sure that it is at my ISP's side due to ability to connect with VPN during the affected times.

Interesting factoid: After 1 am I can play public queue without VPN but not CW. Between 9am and 12:59am, I can drop into the match using VPN but something about MWO results in the VPN being disconnected after a couple of minutes in a public queue match.

The sole test I ran so far on CW indicated that I may be able to play without issue using VPN during the stated times but will be doing further testing on this and on between 1am and 9am.

#35 Guyver81

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:18 PM

Trust me Master Exploder 2K i tried =). I Even try contact my ISP as well.. but its hard to explain if everything else is working fine haha. If its my game installation got problem.. i wont even able to play at 1.00 am right?. I have not even manage to try CW because I'm still damn new to this game. I basically only able to play for the first 3 days.. then the rest is history till today.. beside the 1.00 am testing.. i cant join any public match. Just continue loading match screen =_=' pain me to this day.. sigh*

Same as p4r4g0n I'm not entirely sure what the hell going on =(.

My Hope rest on your Hand p4r4g0n =) I hope you can settle this problem. For our sake haha. I basically lost.. done everything i can on my end =)

#36 Mauser Teleri

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:36 PM

I get stuck in a permanent loading screen every other match or so (always in a group) and have to alt f-4 and relaunch match to get in. Any new news on fixes?

#37 Draven Darkshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:36 AM

did a search on ports and there was a post almost 3 years ago

[color=#959595]Thank you for contacting MechWarrior® Online™ Customer Support. We really appreciate you taking the time to contact us.[/color]

[color=#959595]MechWarrior Online uses the following port:[/color]
[color=#959595]TCP 45461[/color]
[color=#959595]TCP 45464[/color]
[color=#959595]UDP 21000 to 30000[/color]

[color=#959595]It is impossible to know which UDP port the game will use, it uses a different one every time a new match is launched.[/color]
[color=#959595]Note that technically, this shouldn't matter as the server does not make requests from the client, only the other way around.[/color]

#38 ArticWolf233

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 12 posts
  • LocationA country not in a map

Posted 14 February 2015 - 05:24 PM

Hi, has anyone found a fix for this? In my case aside of the "connecting" loop, I cannot even get past the login screen due to "network problems". I ran a tracert for these IPs:
Result:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by ArticWolf233, 14 February 2015 - 05:35 PM.

#39 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:48 PM

70.42.29.74 is no longer a valid IP for MWO since the move to the new server host.

Have you tried flushing the dns cache? In the command prompt screen, type ipconfig /flushdns

Also, have you tried setting your DNS servers to the Google DNS servers? 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

The above may fix your login issues but not the connecting loop issue. I'm still working on that with Support.

#40 ArticWolf233

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 12 posts
  • LocationA country not in a map

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:35 AM

Flushed the DNS then changed it, flushed it again. I am still having network problems. But I think my problem is somehow different. The "connecting loop" happens like 70% of the time, but only when I try to play a match. The MechLab loads in somewhere around 0,5 to 2 minutes.

Also, if I manage to get to a match, my ping would be between 180 and 230, which is normal considering the country I am living in, and I do not notice any kind of lag, I can play the game just fine.

I can make a wild guess with my limited knowledge on this sort of things. What if the machine is simply "giving up" when trying to make a connection to the servers because of the answer time of the requests? It is just a wild guess of course and I do not really know if what I am saying is actually possible.

I could try changing the amount of time for answer threshold but I do not know how to do that.

Edited by ArticWolf233, 15 February 2015 - 04:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users