Stuck/infinite Loop On Match Loading Screen

56 replies to this topic

#41 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:05 AM

If I read your post right, you are no longer experiencing difficulties with logging in or in the front end i.e. home / mechlab / faction

The connecting loop issue when trying to drop into a match is likely related to the quality of your connection where you are experiencing occasional instances of udp packet loss. Have you tried using alt-f4 to close the client, immediately restarting the client and re-joining the match? If the issue is due to intermittent udp packet loss, this may work.

However, if this is your issue, I doubt there is much you could do about this as the problem is somewhere along your connection to the MWO server. Nonetheless, I suggest contacting support@mwomercs.com in case they have a fix that would work for you.

#42 ArticWolf233

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 12 posts
  • LocationA country not in a map

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:55 AM

No, sorry but I can not really express myself fine with the language since I wasn't raised with it.

What I actually meant is that I still have issues with the login screen or any area that haves a "connecting" screen. However, IF I manage to actually get in a match, my ping will be normal and stable considering the country I am currently living on.

Side note:

I was able to get past the login screen today and after waiting 17 minutes Aprox. In the connecting screen, I was actually able to get into a match. This is how I found out. There are times however when the connecting screen will be there for more than that and I never really waited to see what happened if I left it there.

About trying to close the game and relaunch it:

I already tried that, but, I have the login screen issues. I need to try like 7 and up to 30 times for it to respond, and every try takes at least 0.5 to 1 full minute. So while I do that, the match already ends.

Edited by ArticWolf233, 15 February 2015 - 10:04 AM.

#43 The Driver

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:27 PM

View PostMaster Exploder 2k, on 28 January 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

My ISP is EE (Orange & T-Mobile), ping and trace results below.

Spoiler

Same ISP same problem :(

#44 WhupAzz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 119 posts
  • LocationIn your left eye

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

Any solutions? I also have EE and same problem :(

#45 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:18 PM

I am also with EE & also get the same problem, from about 4:30pm every day, you play the "Will I Won't I Roulette" of whether or not the Loading Screen will go to game, if it does, then you're in for "Good Ping/Bad Ping", if it doesn't you can wait it out for "Bad Ping, No Good Ping".

Interestingly, in all situations, once in game, if you quit & rejoin, hey presto, all is good. Normal ping, no worries.

Have any of you guys braved EE's Tech Support? A more insipid bunch I have never encountered. Starting to lose hope. I've emailed PGI in hopes they might be better placed to interrogate my Tracelogs etc & advise where the problem is, but they seem pretty busy at the moment.

Sigh. Sure would be nice to be able to play of an evening, you know, when I'm actually home! (not bitterness at PGI here, just EE).

#46 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:29 AM

On the solutions for EE front;

Switching to Fibre (40Mb down / 10Mb up) from the 15Mb down / 1.5Mb service of their standard Broadband did absolutely nothing to alleviate the problem, so unless you want the extra, don't waste your money in hopes that bandwidth might help (I'm not overly tech savvy myself so perhaps this was a foolish hope in the first place!).

However, I am hoping that a call I placed with them today will start a useful dialogue (if you've braved their Tech Support you know to be dubious), as it has gone to a UK based team who are apparently "very well versed". If I find anything/get anywhere, I'll add it here. Just seems like it has to be in some part down to EE when it starts at exactly 4:30pm every day (though today I was already connected & playing before 4:30pm & all was fine after that time, about to try again now, maybe once you're in before 4:30 you're in? I have no idea).

Either way, good luck!

#47 segeri9

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:37 PM

guess it's not just me. I also get that whole scheduled "can't connect to a game at these hours" problem. Tried other online games and no problems. Really just mwo, from 9am onwards (local time of GMT+8).

#48 the arrogance

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:45 AM

Wow. This game runs ******** than 2 years ago. I can not believe, you have such talent for making things worse. I mean oh my goooood....B R O K E N POS

#49 H LaWMaN H

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:24 PM

Stuck on mechlab loading screen forever and ever , been going on for some time now,
Think its time to play other games as I am not happy with some of the nerf on the mechs I payed real cash for and I will never use real money again once bitten twice shy.

#50 Guyver81

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:03 AM

I retry MWO again after so long.. due to https://www.kickstar...ech/description
I suddenly have the urge again to play MWO

Haha.. since December 2014 i cant seem able to pass that damn loading match screen..

so i give up.. its almost a year now... still un able to play.. so i wish Good luck to you all =)

Edited by Guyver81, 16 October 2015 - 06:11 AM.

#51 Davz Not Here

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:05 AM

i've have been playing off and on since the game was first released (almost 2 years now)

same problem as OP (among the many)
stuck on match loading screen.
this has been an issue for as long as i have been playing this game, hence my "off and on playing"

it's at the point where i don't even start the game until i have run the repair tool.
this morning i ran the repair tool (took 30 mins) guess i'll read something while i wait
i played one round, no problem.
the next 4 rounds, stuck on the loading screen
try to rejoin, stuck in the loading screen
so i wait, because my 4 mechs are all in game, and rejoining just leaves me stuck
15 mins later, 1 of my mechs is out of game ..... load into a match (7 mins of searching for a match)
YAY !!!!! stuck on the loading screen again ..... rinse and repeat with the other 3 mechs as they leave their respective games
stuck in match load, again}
now ..... a total of 2.5 hours later i have played 4 matches ..... my mechs have been in dozens of matches ..... but i have only actually played 4 .....

i've tried numerous work arounds, fresh installs, you name it, i've tried to fix this ..... i'll go play another game for a little while, and then come back and rinse and repeat this all over again ..... maybe later i'll get to play 5 matches .....

you folks really need to fix this

#52 Gundam0083

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:17 AM

Invasion today 5/9/16 on Romulus defending, Got in my last mech and the time finished for this drop, but the screen did not go away, waited for the time to go out again, that's when I knew I had a bug to report. Here is a picture to help the dev's know what is going on. Unable to move, eject, or do any type of control. Other players did not have this problem while I sit and wait for the Omega to blow up.

Posted Image

#53 Isgod

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:37 PM

There seems to be two similar problems in this thread. One where a MechWarrior can't click after he's dropped and another where he or she doesn't ever drop because the countdown recycles over and over.

One of my computers has the recycle problem where one has to leave and rejoin to get into the match. I've read where some view this issue as an ISP or timing one. If both of my computers are playing at the exact same time, on the exact same ISP, how can this be an ISP or timing issue?

Just a thought. And thanks to everyone who has posted solutions. I am about to try Appogee's solution that was posted on page one. Will follow up as soon as I can.

#54 Van Hoven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:49 AM

I had a lot of technical problems with the steam client. The verifying system cahe integrity option seems to do a poor job compared to the repair tool of pgis client. Try to install the game via pgis MWO client and run the repair tool after the installation and see if you have any corrupt files.

A second tip of mine is: I experienced a signifcant inrease of stuck in loading screens when i was alt tabbing out of the game frequently. If I didn't do it i would get no errors, but as soon as i alt tabbed out in the next game i had loading problems again, and then i run the repair tool just to find some corrupt mech .paks. Hope that helps Posted Image

Edit: Yeah, fix this pls pgi... you cant expect your customers to do research in the internet to be able to run your product properly.

Edited by Van Hoven, 17 May 2016 - 06:50 AM.

#55 -Desicus

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

This happens for me too. It seems to be an issue with the game not communicating with windows as it amost always says (Not Responding). It sometimes hangs when I first log in and says this along the top of the window. it is an annoyance because I get penalized by PGI and get a 10 second penalty for instability with their own game... i checked my internet speeds and I am not being throttled or slowed at all. i get 28 MB Down and 4.5 Up. I like that you guys have sped up the mech saving but the load times especially for CW are insane.

now this is happening in quickplay as well up to a 2 min penalty because client crashes. I was very close to purchasing 4-5 mech packs but have held off until this is fixed. why should I purchase new content if the game is unstable.

Edited by -Desicus, 11 April 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#56 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:31 AM

Just had this issue yesterday, never saw it before. Got perpetually stuck on the match loading screen. Tried alt-tabbing, and after a few attempts, it finally threw me into the match, which had already started over a minute ago, but I got all the dropship animations and everything as if the match had started the moment I joined, which... it hadn't. Kinda spooky being the only mech dropping from all six dropships.

#57 EvangelX

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:11 PM

This has just started with me, stuck in load screen after map vote, even after reinstall...?

Whats the solution!?

Edited by EvangelX, 22 March 2018 - 02:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users