Inner Sphere Against Clan (Cw)

403 replies to this topic

#21 SickerthanSars

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:32 AM

you shouldnt be playing cw as a pug anyway, you're just a detriment to your faction if you are solo dropping for cw its not meant for pugging. This isnt WoW

#22 duccio

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

however the cw are so boring .........

#23 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostSickerthanSars, on 24 December 2014 - 04:06 AM, said:

Except for the fact, that its not a fact and is merely an opinion IDK why you IS puggies act as though whatever you say is indisputable. I guess that's what you all have to tell yourselves or something to feel better about losing.

PUGS and small groups have no chance against clans?

Tell me, why then, did my roomates' 8 man IS merc group go 10-0 W/L and not only did they win but lopsided steamroll victories at that. Against CJF 8 mans and pugs and some Ghost/Wolf 8 mans and pugs? Since clearly it is an infallible fact that they stood no chance according to you.(that was sarcasm since I know it will go over your head if I don't point it out)

Im sure you'll say it was a fluke or something along those lines, except they have the same results every night when they actually do CW so that kind of deflates your whole "IS has no chance against clans" argument.

Perhaps its because they actually work as a team and communicate instead of playing as an unorganized mob, and dont have horrible mech builds. Coincidentally none of the IS competitive team players are crying about clans being OP they tend to have good coms, teamwork and not crappy builds either.

Now your changing things. An 8 man group can carry. To me an 8 man is a large group not a small one. Maybe your flawed thinking as far as group sizes also distorts your view of the overwhelming win percentage of clans vs IS matches. All this data was collected before CW.

Oh hey a new friend of mine just started and lost 15 games in a row doing IS Pug CW drops. I guess that totally debunks your argument? Really more information on your OP roommate's 8 man would be nice. What builds did they use? Were they mostly attack or D? Who were these other 8 mans facing them all the time? Pics or it did not happen :P

Personally I think PUGs have no place in CW but the fact that they are dropping has larger units that win having their work brought down by those that really don't care about the end game.

Here is an experiment for you.

Drop in a trial deck of clan mechs vs a trial deck of IS mechs. Who wins a 1v1 straight up?

IS pugs are at a disadvantage and will lose the majority of times. The ratio right now is not even close to being fun for IS vs Clans.
New friends that enter the game are better off buying a clan mech pack and joining clans for CW.

Now my unit has no issue facing clans but people that we are trying to get into playing MWO want to experience everything. They get stomped hard when they try to PUG CW. Those are in groups of 4 or less(small group)

#24 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostProphetic, on 26 December 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

Drop in a trial deck of clan mechs vs a trial deck of IS mechs. Who wins a 1v1 straight up?

Or you note that due to the IS perks Thunderbolts and Awesomes are better at PPC boating than a Warhawk (just one little example). Better indeed.

Edited by KelesK, 26 December 2014 - 05:22 PM.

#25 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostKelesK, on 26 December 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

Or you note that due to the IS perks Thunderbolts and Awesomes are better at PPC boating than a Warhawk. Better indeed.

I'll trade you my Thunderbolt for your Timber and an Awesome for your Warhawk.

#26 duccio

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:32 AM

perhaps should balance so that it is easier for the attacker

#27 duccio

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostKuroNyra, on 20 December 2014 - 02:05 AM, said:

I did lose battles against the Inner Sphere. It require coordination and also good use of the ground.
But do not think it is not the case for Clans vs Inner Sphere, we also need to coordinate ourselve during the battle.

Do not think Clans are like twenty years ago.

They are perfectly defeatable.

hello I think that if a defending team can get to the landing area of the other team, the game is not balanced. This is what happens in a lot of games with the "clan" in defense.

I play this mode only for the tournament of 25 matches

#28 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

View Postduccio, on 27 December 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

hello I think that if a defending team can get to the landing area of the other team, the game is not balanced. This is what happens in a lot of games with the "clan" in defense.

I play this mode only for the tournament of 25 matches

As an IS player in a unit, we have been defending and pushed the clans back to their dropships a lot, i think its not the game that's imbalanced but the teams, you say u only played for the 25 matches so i'm guessing u weren't on any TS channels, was not grouped and properly not keeping an eye on your mini map to see what the rest of ur team was up to. This is why the other teams rolled you because they were doing all these things.

The Steiner/CJF boarder is hotly contested by a lot of comp units and is no place for pugs at the best of times, Clan or IS.

#29 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

View PostProphetic, on 26 December 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

This is an extreme example. Brand new players are not meant to play in CW, CW is "Hard Mode" as stated by the devs many times, only coordinated teams on coms will do well in CW. If you really wanted your friend to enjoy MWO and not just use him / her as an example to attempt to achieve your desired buffs / nerfs, you would tell your friend to first learn how to pilot his / her mechs and to manage weapon groups in the training grounds. After your friend has the basics down, you would have your friend drop in the solo queue until he / she has a couple mechs mastered and is starting to get an idea of what works well for him / her. Finally, before throwing your friend in the CW "deep end", you teach him / her how to swim in the group queue for a few months.

#30 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:17 PM

View Postduccio, on 27 December 2014 - 05:32 AM, said:

perhaps should balance so that it is easier for the attacker

And what if one of the Clans are the attacker? Yeah, then IS would struggle even more in defence. More help for the defenders? Well again, put the clanners there. No, something else should be done besides simply adding another turret, generator or make the attackers dropships instakill.

#31 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:24 PM

View PostCHIEF 1974, on 19 December 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

Did anyone ever win against a clan opponent in CW?
Lost each attack or defend match.
I am playing games for 30 years now, but this is not very funny.

Best Regards
CHIEF 1974

PS: Hated Clans even on the board game.
the clans have the advantage of range on their weapons as well as most of their weapons do more damage and being able to boat more weapons on most mechs because their weapons are in most cases, lighter. The advantage that IS mechs have is better brawling mechs (if used right) and our mechs dont have the engine restriction... meaning lights and mediums can take faster engines and (in most cases) out run the Clan mechs. So when fighting the Clans, ALWAYS make sure you have a good one two punch with brawling mechs that can put out the damage and fast mechs that can out maneuver. Do not sit there and let them hit you with their superior ranged weapons, and above all else... keep moving!! Dont not give them a clear shot on you. They will win every time if you try and play the distance game with them.

#32 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:38 PM

I've now played 13 CW matches mostly PUG or small groups. All IS mixed vs Clans. Here's the breakdown so far:

8 matches - IS Pugs vs 10 to 12 man Clan - all *major* defeats where the Clans end up camping our drop site

1 match - IS Pug vs Clan Pug - defeat but extremely close and fun
4 matches - IS Pug vs Clan Pug - victory but extremely close and fun

To anyone saying Pugs shouldn't play:

I will agree with one point: PLEASE DO NOT BRING TRIAL MECHS OR MECHS NOT EVEN BASICED into CW.

Otherwise, Solo droppers and Small Groups should not have to fight 12 man groups. And for those saying that "Join a group or don't play CW" I say - Who will fill out those last 2 spots in your 10 man? And if 12 mans had to fight 12 mans you'd see that queue quickly turn into a ghost town because the 12 mans want to steamroll the pugs. That's why the 12 man queue in the original game was abandoned.

Edited by Tastian, 01 January 2015 - 07:39 PM.

#33 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:07 AM

View PostTastian, on 01 January 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

I've now played 13 CW matches mostly PUG or small groups. All IS mixed vs Clans. Here's the breakdown so far:

8 matches - IS Pugs vs 10 to 12 man Clan - all *major* defeats where the Clans end up camping our drop site

1 match - IS Pug vs Clan Pug - defeat but extremely close and fun
4 matches - IS Pug vs Clan Pug - victory but extremely close and fun

To anyone saying Pugs shouldn't play:

I will agree with one point: PLEASE DO NOT BRING TRIAL MECHS OR MECHS NOT EVEN BASICED into CW.

Otherwise, Solo droppers and Small Groups should not have to fight 12 man groups. And for those saying that "Join a group or don't play CW" I say - Who will fill out those last 2 spots in your 10 man? And if 12 mans had to fight 12 mans you'd see that queue quickly turn into a ghost town because the 12 mans want to steamroll the pugs. That's why the 12 man queue in the original game was abandoned.

12 mans do not want to steam roll pugs, in fact playing pugs is the last thing they want, now i can't talk for every 12 man but most if not all find it a grind, Grinding the pug groups to find a 10-12 man to play against. As the grind says its not fun or challenging, but if we want to fight other 12 mans then we have to fight the pugs too.

#34 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostCHIEF 1974, on 19 December 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

Did anyone ever win against a clan opponent in CW?
Lost each attack or defend match.
I am playing games for 30 years now, but this is not very funny.

Best Regards
CHIEF 1974

PS: Hated Clans even on the board game.

I've seen several IS units when against clans....you just have to know tactics

take a que from Ender and learn how to push probably, heavies in the front and meds and lights in the mid....

Edited by Grimwill, 02 January 2015 - 05:21 AM.

#35 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:00 AM

What, you can't win with your heat neutral laser boats, perked to hell mechs, pin point damage cannons, superior LRMs, better brawlers and faster mechs?

Oh..I'm sorry.. Mean while i'm sitting here in a paper armored Mad Dog, a worthless Summoner, fangless Gargoyle, and an Adder that can shoot its terrible PPCs twice then has to hide in a corner for 10 second to cool down and a Nova that can't fire in anything but slow chain or my side torso's blast off like popcorn while my face gets eaten off with Wubshes and ThunderBoats.

The advantage for IS builds is amazingly so. The only reason the clans win is because we manage to have on average more coordination or just better players then the IS it seems. Seriously.. what do I gotta do to be able to drop with a Jenner? An actual fast light mech?

I can tell you that my drops have been about 50/50 on the attack or defense against IS, When they win..it was a better coordinated group, when they lose? its because they sucked as pilots or we where just better in tactics. Either way you don't hear a lot of clanners coming onto the forums and bitching bout the fact most of our mechs besides, the holy trinity, suck.

Get on a voice chat.. grab some fellow pilots.. drop with a team and call me in the morning.

#36 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:51 AM

View PostZerex, on 02 January 2015 - 03:07 AM, said:

12 mans do not want to steam roll pugs, in fact playing pugs is the last thing they want, now i can't talk for every 12 man but most if not all find it a grind, Grinding the pug groups to find a 10-12 man to play against. As the grind says its not fun or challenging, but if we want to fight other 12 mans then we have to fight the pugs too.

Then why did the 12 man queue in the non CW game mode fail? And why do the 12 man groups object when the solo PUGS ask for their own CW queue? And why, in every match I've played against a 10-12 man Clan group, has the 12 man camped our spawn (even though I beg them not to for a fair fight)?

#37 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:55 AM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 02 January 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:

Oh..I'm sorry.. Mean while i'm sitting here in a paper armored Mad Dog, a worthless Summoner, fangless Gargoyle, and an Adder that can shoot its terrible PPCs twice then has to hide in a corner for 10 second to cool down and a Nova that can't fire in anything but slow chain or my side torso's blast off like popcorn while my face gets eaten off with Wubshes and ThunderBoats.

The advantage for IS builds is amazingly so. The only reason the clans win is because we manage to have on average more coordination or just better players then the IS it seems. Seriously.. what do I gotta do to be able to drop with a Jenner? An actual fast light mech?

Either way you don't hear a lot of clanners coming onto the forums and bitching bout the fact most of our mechs besides, the holy trinity, suck.

Wait, you just did. And you are not alone; clanners DO complain about it all the time *despite* the fact that the IS are LOSING planets day after day.

#38 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:02 AM

View PostTastian, on 05 January 2015 - 06:55 AM, said:

Wait, you just did. And you are not alone; clanners DO complain about it all the time *despite* the fact that the IS are LOSING planets day after day.

One, I dun *****, piss and rage in the Forums, I learn how to use the mech and team work to kick ass other wise.

Two. It's called the Clan Invasion.. not the "clans sorta sputter about and really make no progress"

#39 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:40 PM

View PostTastian, on 05 January 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

Then why did the 12 man queue in the non CW game mode fail? And why do the 12 man groups object when the solo PUGS ask for their own CW queue? And why, in every match I've played against a 10-12 man Clan group, has the 12 man camped our spawn (even though I beg them not to for a fair fight)?

Last CW match I was in the FRR was camping our spawn.

#40 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:38 PM

Oh the camp spawning goes both ways. Not all are honorable (that goes for all factions), when easy "fish in the barrel" are on site, very tempting hmm? <_<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users