403 replies to this topic

#61 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 February 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

yeah, the heavy mechs are as fast as IS mediums, and can not brawl, or snipe like the IS can, nor use missiles like the IS can.

What? Timber Wolf excellent brawler. Has XL engine for great speed to close distance, but can continue to fight with one side torso lost. Here is tip for you, when IS mech with standard engine (which much slower and hold many fewer weapons than Timber Wolf) lose both side torso, mech become known as 'zombie' and good only for blocking fire. Trade ability to zombie for Clan XL engine any day.

#62 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

View PostTasker, on 25 February 2015 - 11:57 AM, said:

What? Timber Wolf excellent brawler. Has XL engine for great speed to close distance, but can continue to fight with one side torso lost. Here is tip for you, when IS mech with standard engine (which much slower and hold many fewer weapons than Timber Wolf) lose both side torso, mech become known as 'zombie' and good only for blocking fire. Trade ability to zombie for Clan XL engine any day.

Have you TRIED piloting a Timberwolf or any clan mech? broken ass hitboxes that ensure you are defanged or cored quickly?

not to mention.. i'm sorry, but no.. Clan weapons long burn time and high heat is NOT an advantage.

#63 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 February 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

I will agree with you that Teamwork generally is OP, but have you seen the terror that is a IS light mech rush in Counter Attack? ..Clans can't do that.

clans can definitely counter it, try dropping with a bunch of streak stormcrows and see what happens to any IS lights foolish enough to ignore you and go for gens

#64 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:25 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 February 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

Have you TRIED piloting a Timberwolf or any clan mech? broken ass hitboxes that ensure you are defanged or cored quickly?

not to mention.. i'm sorry, but no.. Clan weapons long burn time and high heat is NOT an advantage.

Have 2 elited Timber Wolves in mech bay, actually. Best mech in game, hands down. Meta build is good, as is "75 ton Atlas" build and SPLAS/SRM brawler.

Also have elited Orion Protector. You guess which mech I play when try to help unit members get wins in pub group to make c-bills? Also you guess which trial mech I tell new unit members to play in cadet games? I give you hint: weigh 55 tons.

You want talk about broken hitboxes? Really? You try playing Catapult some time, then you get back to me. Mech is complete garbage compare to clan 65 ton Hellbringer.

Edited by Tasker, 25 February 2015 - 12:27 PM.

#65 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:29 PM

These sweet sweet tears are OP.

Posted Image

Edited by HARDKOR, 25 February 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#66 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostTasker, on 25 February 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

Have 2 elited Timber Wolves in mech bay, actually. Best mech in game, hands down. Meta build is good, as is "75 ton Atlas" build and SPLAS/SRM brawler.

Also have elited Orion Protector. You guess which mech I play when try to help unit members get wins in pub group to make c-bills? Also you guess which trial mech I tell new unit members to play in cadet games? I give you hint: weigh 55 tons.

You want talk about broken hitboxes? Really? You try playing Catapult some time, then you get back to me. Mech is complete garbage compare to clan 65 ton Hellbringer.

I actually have 2 Cats after mastering them and selling the then gimped to hell laser one. Cats hitboxes have ALWAYS sucked, but of course it is gonna lose.. (Catapult; A seige weapon meant to throw rocks and other objects long distances during prolonged attack) to a Hellbringer that is an ECM able hunting mech. .. so .. no freaking crap dude.

And oh yes please, ***** about the stormcrow some more. Let's not look at the fact that There are no Clan lights we can really use, and no good meduims to use other then the StormCrow, which by the way, will never out pace a light mech and even with SRMS has a hard time with a swarm of lights if they are in any way coordinated. If anything the StormCrow is what the Hunchback use to be with armor and speed swapped, Great for crowd control, but nothing you want to solo ANY mech in what so ever.

The Nova is a total joke still, the Summoner is a POS thanks to how they use slots in this game, The Myst Linx I can't own still and the DIre Wolf n WarHawk are to slow to do anything in CW.

Yeah, Clan tech tots op. I had to spend about 20,000,000 Cbills to simply get one MadDog somewhat Viable for CW, 600,000 aside for radar derp, The ThunderBolt can be bought for a fraction of the cost and readied for less than half of what the MadDog takes, AND be good enough to drop straight decks of them and shred everything.

Speed is hard to account for in my StormCrow when my leg or arm gets alpha'd off in one go by a Tbolt. ..which by the way is MEANT to be a **** mech, it was crap in Table Top, it was crap in the games, Don't even get me started on how many choices you have with IS tech and some you Should not even have.. *cough cough* -Kingcrab-

#67 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 February 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

Speed is hard to account for in my StormCrow when my leg or arm gets alpha'd off in one go by a Tbolt. ..which by the way is MEANT to be a **** mech, it was crap in Table Top, it was crap in the games, Don't even get me started on how many choices you have with IS tech and some you Should not even have.. *cough cough* -Kingcrab-

lmao you huge baby if we did things by tabletop it'd be like 16vs12 and then you'd be sobbing even harder

#68 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 February 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

Yeah, Clan tech tots op. I had to spend about 20,000,000 Cbills to simply get one MadDog somewhat Viable for CW, 600,000 aside for radar derp, The ThunderBolt can be bought for a fraction of the cost and readied for less than half of what the MadDog takes, AND be good enough to drop straight decks of them and shred everything.

Even you do not actually believe this. You think that in game mode balance around drop tonnage, that c-bill cost of mech more important than amount of firepower and rate of speed mech bring at tonnage? Ha ha ha. OK.

I have simple solution then. Let IS player pay 'refit fee' for use of clan mech in drop deck. Let clan player do same with IS mechs. See how many clan player switch for IS mechs and how many IS player switch for clan mechs.

Edited by Tasker, 25 February 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#69 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

guys this mech was crap in battletech. please restore it to the canonical level of usefulness because there should be multiple trap options in this game. please respect this opinion, and like/follow me on youtube

#70 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:05 PM

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 25 February 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

lmao you huge baby if we did things by tabletop it'd be like 16vs12 and then you'd be sobbing even harder

Only problem with that is I PLAY Table top, and if you go with original rules of clan invasion I will be the first to admit clan mechs where completely and utterly broken. It was play clans or GTFO.

Frankly I would welcome mechanics that let Clanners play like Clanners, Bidding down mechs to see who can get the job done with the least amount of units, I would welcome this in a heart beat and would LOVE to be able to actually call out fellow clanners in trials and the like. Freaking BRING it! But as it stands, They didn't bother doing that cause IS *******, pisses and moans all the time about clans being an easy win button when most of them never follow squad tactics and just rush in like this is MW2 and they are the god mode player character.

View PostTasker, on 25 February 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

Even you do not actually believe this. You think that in game mode balance around drop tonnage, that c-bill cost of mech more important than amount of firepower and rate of speed mech bring at tonnage? Ha ha ha. OK.

No, price and such do not balance mechs, Don't put words in my mouth. But my point is it takes a lot more work to get a half assed only nitch good clan mech into operational status then it does to take a cheep POS and get it into a meta that has very little flaws to it. Oh..and let us not forget that IS can always adjust the speed of their mechs, Clans.. can not..

#71 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:08 PM

View PostCHIEF 1974, on 19 December 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

Did anyone ever win against a clan opponent in CW?

Every single day. B)

#72 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 February 2015 - 01:05 PM, said:

Oh..and let us not forget that IS can always adjust the speed of their mechs, Clans.. can not..

*puts a std 210 in a king crab* haha, this is win

#73 Knight2416

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:19 PM

And oh yes please, ***** about the stormcrow some more. Let's not look at the fact that There are no Clan lights we can really use, and no good meduims to use other then the StormCrow, which by the way, will never out pace a light mech and even with SRMS has a hard time with a swarm of lights if they are in any way coordinated. If anything the StormCrow is what the Hunchback use to be with armor and speed swapped, Great for crowd control, but nothing you want to solo ANY mech in what so ever.

Really I team with a Storm Crow player who swears by them and does really well. SSRM Crow does not need to chase a light one alpha and bye bye.

No good lights for Clan? I have 3 Kit Foxs that I love (SSRM light hunter, ERPPC sniper, and a support mech (Narc and ECM to cover team and help LRM boats).

As to cost you already have XL, Case, Endo, FF, DHS so only things to buy are Artermis, bigger engine and weapons. IS have to buy all that, 1.5 million just to DHS.

Also you stated earlier One, I dun *****, piss and rage in the Forums, I learn how to use the mech and team work to kick ass other wise" Yeah Right, full on rant going on here!

The only point I will give you is yes Clans not a good as they should be, but if we were true to lore Clans should field less mechs and only fight one on one. Also Smoke Jag clan will be dead after task force Seperent. I doubt these will happen in game as Not Lore, by best they could do.

"War is good for Business"

Edited by Knight2416, 25 February 2015 - 01:19 PM.

#74 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:55 PM

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 25 February 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

*puts a std 210 in a king crab* haha, this is win

Once again, a sore loser and if I remember right, a bad player, relies on hyperbolt and worthless comments to try and win an argument.

View PostKnight2416, on 25 February 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

Also you stated earlier One, I dun *****, piss and rage in the Forums, I learn how to use the mech and team work to kick ass other wise" Yeah Right, full on rant going on here!

The only point I will give you is yes Clans not a good as they should be, but if we were true to lore Clans should field less mechs and only fight one on one. Also Smoke Jag clan will be dead after task force Seperent. I doubt these will happen in game as Not Lore, by best they could do.

I'd be fine with smoke Jag getting gutted in return for more Clan like mechs and more lore like drops. 6 clan pilots against the the world? That makes my skin tingle. But no.. you honestly think that IS pilots would be happy with that? Hell most of what I see on the Forums is calling for the TimberWolf and crew to be "nerfed to the ground"

Let us not forget, Team work and Voice chat OP. *rolls eyes*

#75 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 February 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

Once again, a sore loser and if I remember right, a bad player, relies on hyperbolt and worthless comments to try and win an argument

idk sounds like the only sore one here is you since you're flailing and lashing out, lmao

#76 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:22 PM

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 25 February 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

idk sounds like the only sore one here is you since you're flailing and lashing out, lmao

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 25 February 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

View Posthopterque, on 25 February 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

Friend, it sounds like you're really bad and also really salty. Have you considered Getting Good?

'Oh no my heavy mechs are as fast as inner sphere mediums and have better armament and comparable durability when compared to inner sphere assault mechs, woe is me' - a dead, dumb clanner

Yeah. Cause I am the one lashing out like a teenager here.

#77 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:26 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 February 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

Yeah. Cause I am the one lashing out like a teenager here.

"Can't you see, The History, The Sufficating madness? In the land of fallen souls, There's nowhere left, no place to go. I have Traveled far and wide across this wasteland, still searching for the anwsers, for the right to understand." -- Kurt Cobain

Edited by An Anime Princess, 25 February 2015 - 03:26 PM.

#78 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 25 February 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

"Can't you see, The History, The Sufficating madness? In the land of fallen souls, There's nowhere left, no place to go. I have Traveled far and wide across this wasteland, still searching for the anwsers, for the right to understand." -- Kurt Cobain

I have that because I am a U.S. Marine who has seen a lot of the best and absolute worst the world has to answer in my tour and trying to find out the meaning behind it all and how the world really works. That is why the line holds meaning to me.

Also thanks for letting me know that Nirvana apparently is also Dragon Force. Who'd a guessed? (Sarc off)

I'm just gonna get a report going as you are obviously just a troll who wants to cause even more discord in the Forums and poison the well some more, and a terrible one at that.

#79 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:40 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 February 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

I have that because I am a U.S. Marine who has seen a lot of the best and absolute worst the world has to answer in my tour and trying to find out the meaning behind it all and how the world really works. That is why the line holds meaning to me.

I am former FBI agent, and I too see the best and worst world has to answer.

Of course, question world answers is "What happens when you perform a full cavity search on a suspect?"

Edited by Tasker, 25 February 2015 - 03:41 PM.

#80 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:42 PM

You'd think someone that had been halfway around the world in a combat tour would have a little thicker skin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users