• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 04 March 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

Just as bad, but better speed: AS7-D-DC

Not fair, you changed weapons! :P

Btw, I miss the good old Atlas Founder with 3xLL, AC20, 2xSRM4..

#10343 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:25 PM

View Postred devil2, on 04 March 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

Not fair, you changed weapons! :P

Btw, I miss the good old Atlas Founder with 3xLL, AC20, 2xSRM4..

All is fair in love and war

- John Lyly

#10344 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:08 PM

Screenshots of Zeus and Grasshopper posted: https://twitter.com/...679440686813184

http://mwomercs.com/...eus-screenshots

Edited by Cimarb, 05 March 2015 - 07:09 PM.

#10345 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:33 PM

They look nice.

#10346 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:11 PM

The Grasshopper... its off to me. The Enforcer didn't bother me that much, but the Grasshopper didn't translate well at all.

The Zeus though, it definitely looks the part. Guess we'll have to see how the hitboxes play out. If the shoulder barrels are all side torso, very XL unfriendly.

Edited by CycKath, 05 March 2015 - 10:11 PM.

#10347 Ens

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:04 AM

That´s me right now. Fo´ real.... i tell ya´ !!!!!

Posted Image

Edited by Ens, 06 March 2015 - 01:04 AM.

#10348 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:49 AM

View PostCycKath, on 05 March 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

The Grasshopper... its off to me. The Enforcer didn't bother me that much, but the Grasshopper didn't translate well at all.

I think the head could have been a bit more rounded (and probably other parts of the mech as well), but overall I am happy with it. In a way, I still feel the Enforcer looks a bit more "awkward". Still, I can see where you would think the grasshopper looks a bit off.

Its funny. To me the Grasshopper's design could have been "softened" a bit, and the Shadow Cat's design could have been "hardened" a bit. Seems like the design themes got crossed a tiny bit.

Regardless, still good looking mechs when all is said and done.

#10349 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:04 AM

Just remember that one reason the grasshopper might look a bit off is because of the Resistance added geometry giving it all the wiring and spiked shoulders. But I still like it though

#10350 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 06 March 2015 - 03:49 AM, said:

I think the head could have been a bit more rounded (and probably other parts of the mech as well), but overall I am happy with it. In a way, I still feel the Enforcer looks a bit more "awkward". Still, I can see where you would think the grasshopper looks a bit off.

Its funny. To me the Grasshopper's design could have been "softened" a bit, and the Shadow Cat's design could have been "hardened" a bit. Seems like the design themes got crossed a tiny bit.

Regardless, still good looking mechs when all is said and done.

Best way I've heard it described. The Shadowcat art is indeed a little too roundy for me. I like the slender hard edged legs of the original TRO art. Hoping the non Invasions ones are a little less doughboy in the legs.

View PostCycKath, on 05 March 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

The Zeus though, it definitely looks the part. Guess we'll have to see how the hitboxes play out. If the shoulder barrels are all side torso, very XL unfriendly.

to be fair, at this angle, the head is hard to judge for certain, but the rest looks real good to me. And the head still looks better than the Shadowhawk or Wolverine, to me.

#10351 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:22 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 March 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

...to be fair, at this angle, the head is hard to judge for certain, but the rest looks real good to me. And the head still looks better than the Shadowhawk or Wolverine, to me.

That is true.

The concept art is from the left side that shows the slope of the canopy (giving the head a more rounded feel). Our initial images are head on (if not a bit right side biased). It might make the head seem more square and flatter than it really is.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 06 March 2015 - 07:24 AM.

#10352 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:24 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 06 March 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

That is true.

The concept art is from the left side that shows the slope of the canopy (giving the head a more rounded feel). Our initial images are head on (if not a bit right side biased). It might make the head seem more square and flatter than it really is.

indeed, and if you blow it up, the front on you can still see the canopy appears to be rounded.(ish)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 06 March 2015 - 07:25 AM.

#10353 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:15 AM

Also, on th eshadow cat am I the only one who is a little..unsmitten by the legs?
Alex's version
Posted Image
(with one of Hayden's wonderful repaints)

Original TRO
Posted Image
Modified to match
Posted Image
(also a hayden repaint that I sorta butchered...sorry man.)
Plus it would be nice to have a different style of legs, wouldn't it?

#10354 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:48 AM

I think the thing is gorgeous. But as I have said before I have the artistic talent of a dull rock so I am easily impressed. Still trying to weasel money out of the old lady for the package... :D

#10355 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:49 AM

With the relatively slender profile, I'm hoping the Grasshopper's hitboxes are as good as the ones we got for the Panther and Enforcer. Zeus, I'm not so sure.

#10356 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:41 AM

I'm glad to see, that I'm not the only one that finds the Shadow Cat's legs a little.... Off, I guess? They seem like they belong to something that weighs a good bit more than 45t....

#10357 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:29 AM

I'm reading the book "Falcon Guard" and in the end of chapter 32 we get some info about Diana Pryde's custom Warhawk. Here is a good idea for Warhawk hero mech:

- The mech has jump jets (probably 4);
- The mechs has PPCs;
- The mech has medium lasers (no mention if they are ER or Pulse though).

#10358 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:32 AM

View PostOdanan, on 06 March 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

I'm reading the book "Falcon Guard" and in the end of chapter 32 we get some info about Diana Pryde's custom Warhawk. Here is a good idea for Warhawk hero mech:

- The mechs has PPCs;

Just got to wonder if it was actualyl TT viable.

Remember Vlad Ward's Executioner form Phelan's Trial of Position? Had over 42 tons of weaponry......on a mech that carries about 27.

#10359 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:12 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 March 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

Remember Vlad Ward's Executioner form Phelan's Trial of Position? Had over 42 tons of weaponry......on a mech that carries about 27.

Of that, 15t were plot tonnage.... So they don't count.

That or the wrighter ment Dire Wolf, but autocorrect made it Executioner?

Edited by Metus regem, 06 March 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#10360 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:04 PM

View PostOdanan, on 06 March 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

- The mechs has PPCs;

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 March 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

We know that Diana's Warhawk Masakari mounts at least one CERPPC.
"Diana returned fire with a blast from her extended-range PPC, knocking out the Centurion's center-torso medium laser." - Falcon Guard, ch. 25
"Firing her PPC, she watched as the bolt of unbound lighting hit paydirt. The Vindicator rocked backward, then went up in an explosion so massive it almost took out a pair of lighter 'Mechs." - - Falcon Guard, ch. 32

It also possess an unknown number of "medium lasers" (which, in ch. 32 of Falcon Guard, Diana uses to decapitate a ComStar 'Mech; "They shot off an arm from one of the ComStar 'Mechs, giving MechWarrior Diana a chance to fire with all her medium lasers straight into the cockpit of the other 'Mech."). However, it is not specified as to whether these are CERMLs or CMPLs.

Chapter 37 of Falcon Guard, where the unit is escaping by having all of their 'Mechs jump to the middle of a makeshift bridge, then make a second jump to complete the crossing, indicated that all of the Falcon Guard 'Mechs (including Diana's Masakari) have Jump Jets.
Moreover, ch. 29 of Falcon Guard indicates that the river to be crossed (the Prezno River) " is some two hundred-fifty meters wide at its narrowest crossing", meaning that a 'Mech would have to be able to jump at least ~125 meters in order to cross in two bounds - meaning that all of the Falcon Guard 'Mechs would need to mount at least four (4) Jump Jets each (the extra five (5) meters can be fudged, or perhaps the 250-meter estimate for the river's width is off by 10 meters...). The same chapter also indicates that Aidan ordered all of the Falcon Guards' 'Mechs to be outfitted with Jump Jets.

Now, we can combine this with what we know about the Masakari's fixed equipment & pod space:
  • Both legs are filled with fixed CDHS.
  • The Left Torso is filled with two Engine crits, a quartet of fixed CDHS, and two fixed Ferro-Fibrous crits.
  • The Right Torso houses two Engine crits, one fixed CDHS, two fixed Ferro-Fibrous crits, and the Targeting computer, leaving up to six (6) free crits in that location
  • The Center Torso has two free crits.
  • The Head crit is filled with a fixed Ferro-Fibrous crit.
  • Each arm houses two fixed Ferro-Fibrous crits, leaving up to eight (8) free crits in each arm.
  • The base Masakari has 32.50 tons of pod space available.
Jump Jets for the 85-ton Masakari would weigh 1 ton each, and the TC would consume 1 ton & 1 crit for every five (5) tons of direct-fire weaponry (rounded up to the nearest ton/crit).

With four JJs (two in the CT, and two in the RT), Diana's Masakari would have 28.50 tons of pod space remaining & 4 crits remaining for its TC (allowing it to accommodate up to 20 tons of direct-fire weaponry).

One possible usage of the remaining pod space (28.50 tons) is to have one CERPPC (as the novel descriptions seem to imply that Diana only has a single (ER)PPC weapon on her Masakari), a LRM-10 + 1 ton of ammo (from the prime config; it helps to address that pesky half-ton), a septet of CMPLs, a 4-ton/4-crit TC, and two extra CDHS.
The CMPLs would all go in one arm, with the other arm holding the CERPPC, the LRM launcher & its ammo, and the extra DHS.

Seven CMPLs firing at once would generate 28 units of heat, while the proposed loadout for Diana's Masakari would have 22 CDHS, for an effective total of 44 units of cooling - it would be more than enough to handle making the salvo described in the novel.
Further, we can assume that Diana just never used the LRM launcher, for whatever reason(s).

Thoughts?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users