BattleMech Balance

20517 replies to this topic

#10381 Anyone00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 329 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostL3mming2, on 13 March 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

want this!!! (i know it will never happen, imagine the TTK if u have a 75 damage gauss alpha :P )

but it is the best looking mech i have seen so far...

the OMEGA!!!

http://www.sarna.net...ega_(BattleMech)

Do super-heavies follow their own, separate construction rules?

Edited by Anyone00, 13 March 2015 - 12:36 PM.

#10382 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostAnyone00, on 13 March 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

I know that they have quirks, like illegal and prototype usually...

#10383 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:13 PM

In MWO, it can fire 2 at once.

#10384 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:30 PM

Yes, they do. And since they require heavy-duty gyros that don't exist in 3050...

#10385 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:48 AM

I was checking the release schedule and I think we will have the new IS Mech Package announced between June and August.

More about that pack (and my defense for the probable mechs):

Mongoose:
- several possible variants (although somewhat uniform).
- 25 tonner (we only have the Commando).
- Chance of being ECM-capable: high.
- distinct profile.

Sentinel:
- several possible variants.
- 40 tonner (we only have the Cicada).
- Chance of being ECM-capable: very low.
- distinct profile.

Black Knight:
- enough variants, but suffer with absolute uniformity.
- 75 tonner (we only have the Orion).
- Chance of being ECM-capable: moderate.
- fan favorite.
- very close second place in the heavy mech official pool.

Cyclops:
- enough variants, although they mimic the Atlas variants.
- 90 tonner (we only have the Highlander).
- Chance of being ECM-capable: very high.
- classic from the Battletech TT basic box.
- very close second place in the assault mech official pool.

This pack is all about the Comstar.
The release/announce could match with the Tukayyd event and/or the inclusion of Comstar as a faction in the game.

After this "Comguard", "Clanbuster" or "Resistance II" Package, I think PGI can move to 3053+ designs.
And the following pack, we all know is the Clan Wave IV (I'm really excited for that one).

Edited by Odanan, 25 March 2015 - 01:56 PM.

#10386 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

Hey, this is cool:
Posted Image
(Davion Grasshopper)

Maybe inspired by this?

View PostOdanan, on 08 October 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

Posted Image

#10387 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:09 PM

I figure now that we gotten to the 3052 - 3053 tech level available we have now have a longer list to get through before pgi will probably move on further down the timeline.

Lights:

Flea, Firemoth, Mongoose, Firefalcon, Javelin, and Wolfhound

Mediums:

Assassin, Clint, Sentinel, Phantom, Viper, Wyvern, Huntsman, Crab, Starslayer, Dervish, and Blacklanner

Heavies:

Lancelot, Linebacker, Blackknight, and Nightgyr

Assaults:

Charger, Thug, Crockett, Cyclops, Mauler, Kingfisher, Turkina, and Annihilator

Now I know there is more mechs available I'm just listing some that we might see in the future, also that we still have a lot of mechs left before I see a time jump coming

#10388 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:37 PM

View PostSkyrider1746, on 22 March 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

I figure now that we gotten to the 3052 - 3053 tech level available we have now have a longer list to get through before pgi will probably move on further down the timeline.

Lights:

Flea, Firemoth, Mongoose, Firefalcon, Javelin, and Wolfhound

Mediums:

Assassin, Clint, Sentinel, Phantom, Viper, Wyvern, Huntsman, Crab, Starslayer, Dervish, and Blacklanner

Heavies:

Lancelot, Linebacker, Blackknight, and Nightgyr

Assaults:

Charger, Thug, Crockett, Cyclops, Mauler, Kingfisher, Turkina, and Annihilator

Now I know there is more mechs available I'm just listing some that we might see in the future, also that we still have a lot of mechs left before I see a time jump coming

The Starslayer is a little ahead in the timeline (2nd variant in 3056 and 3rd variant in 3057). See the MUL.

#10389 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

I'm wondering lately about the Kingfisher for a future Clan Pack.

Specifically, if a speed penalty is instituted for Clan XLs on ST loss (in addition to the heat penalty already in effect), will that standard engine start looking reasonably attractive? Can it bring enough hurt to make the most of that survivability?

Edited by Virlutris, 23 March 2015 - 12:31 PM.

#10390 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostOdanan, on 22 March 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

The Starslayer is a little ahead in the timeline (2nd variant in 3056 and 3rd variant in 3057). See the MUL.

I gotta admit, I am becoming less of a stickler about timeline variants. As long as the baseline mech is available, and the technologies used are available, well, screw it. Too many cool mechs are limited by number of variants in timeline. I'd rather see them fudge that then just jump the timeline to new techs and stuff too soon.

#10391 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:18 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 23 March 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

Specifically, if a speed penalty is instituted for Clan XLs on ST loss (in addition to the heat penalty already in effect), will that standard engine start looking reasonably attractive? Can it bring enough hurt to make the most of that survivability?

24 free tons for weapons (with armor maxed) - that's basically the same amount of the Executioner's.

Decent speed for an assault, well balanced hardpoints, extra survivability due to the Std. Engine... it might be actually a good mech.

#10392 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:34 PM

5 old IS mechs left to refurbish. Commando, Cicada, Dragon, Awesome, and Stalker.
Based on what has been floating around the last ones are going to take the most time. So maybe a Awesome remodeling to match the Zeus hopefully by the end of the summer?

#10393 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:24 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 23 March 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

BTW, here is a study about the Kingfisher.

#10394 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:34 PM

View PostOdanan, on 22 March 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

Funny thing about the Starslayer. After some digging in lore (TRO fluff and scenario packs) the Starslayer is not overly uncommon in Steiner space in 3050 despite being out of production for over a hundred years at that point. Some basic record sheet checking shows the 2C (the only variant available) only loses 6 points of armor in the switch to Succession Wars era standard armor because the loss is offset by the removal of CASE. The biggest loss is the switch to single heat sinks. Both downgrades could easily be restored to spec by 3050 as Ferro-Fiberous and Double Heat Sinks were back in production. The only hard part to replace is the actual chassis base itself since internal structure which needed to be replaced outright would have to come from scrapped Starslayers or dwindling chaches of replacement parts. Being stationed primarily at periphery garrisons the Starslayer would actually boast a pretty high survival rate. All of those changes are justifications for some common field refit variants.

So yeah the only thing holding the Starslayer back before was not enough timeline appropriate variants. Bit of a non-issue now.

#10395 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:56 AM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 24 March 2015 - 05:34 PM, said:

Funny thing about the Starslayer. After some digging in lore (TRO fluff and scenario packs) the Starslayer is not overly uncommon in Steiner space in 3050 despite being out of production for over a hundred years at that point. Some basic record sheet checking shows the 2C (the only variant available) only loses 6 points of armor in the switch to Succession Wars era standard armor because the loss is offset by the removal of CASE. The biggest loss is the switch to single heat sinks. Both downgrades could easily be restored to spec by 3050 as Ferro-Fiberous and Double Heat Sinks were back in production. The only hard part to replace is the actual chassis base itself since internal structure which needed to be replaced outright would have to come from scrapped Starslayers or dwindling chaches of replacement parts. Being stationed primarily at periphery garrisons the Starslayer would actually boast a pretty high survival rate. All of those changes are justifications for some common field refit variants.

So yeah the only thing holding the Starslayer back before was not enough timeline appropriate variants. Bit of a non-issue now.

Will they create two "P" variants just to accommodate the Starslayer (Star-who?)? I guess there are other priorities right now... (like the more iconic Bushwhacker)

#10396 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:29 AM

id like to see a timeline jump to where IS has started to develope their own omni's and new weapons, in hopes it would somewhat help the current balance issue and the non stop forum war between IS and clan.

anyhow where is the cyclops, valkyrie, charger, stinger, wasp, thug and black knight? BK would be nice for the IS lineup for sure... oh what about the exterminator? it was on tukkayid or you figure they waiting to release commstar used mechs?

#10397 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:39 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 25 March 2015 - 07:29 AM, said:

id like to see a timeline jump to where IS has started to develope their own omni's and new weapons, in hopes it would somewhat help the current balance issue and the non stop forum war between IS and clan.

anyhow where is the cyclops, valkyrie, charger, stinger, wasp, thug and black knight? BK would be nice for the IS lineup for sure... oh what about the exterminator? it was on tukkayid or you figure they waiting to release commstar used mechs?

The problem is, aside from a few early omni's for the IS, the bulk of them are not good... most suffer with IS XL engines, some have SHS, and are often just pugfugly.... Not to mention a lot of them would have hardwired CASE with their XL engines....

http://www.sarna.net..._%28OmniMech%29
http://www.sarna.net...i/Black_Hawk-KU
http://www.sarna.net..._%28OmniMech%29
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Owens
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Raptor
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Sunder

Edited by Metus regem, 25 March 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#10398 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:44 AM

i always liked the avatar, and the sunder was pretty devastating no? i was assuming the IS mechlab would not change and they could swap engines and SHS to DHS

#10399 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:47 AM

View PostOdanan, on 24 March 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

BTW, here is a study about the Kingfisher.

Shiny, thanks!

Also: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/kingfisher

The endo and ferro sure help. Otherwise, that standard would completely starve it of tonnage. It's probably short enough to put some folks off as-is.

That looks like it could do some work. Of course it can run with standard clan laser builds, but maybe even with a big gun in the right arm and some lasers, like a super-sized clan zombie Cent. Maybe not, depending on how much tonnage and how many crits are free after locked equipment, structure and armor. Still, I'd give it a run.

Edits: clarity, link fix

Edited by Virlutris, 25 March 2015 - 07:55 AM.

#10400 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:51 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 March 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

I gotta admit, I am becoming less of a stickler about timeline variants. As long as the baseline mech is available, and the technologies used are available, well, screw it. Too many cool mechs are limited by number of variants in timeline. I'd rather see them fudge that then just jump the timeline to new techs and stuff too soon.

You are an inspiration to us all.... :D

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users