• LocationBrazil

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Ohhhhh nooooo!

#1102 Magik0012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

Still trying to get FD's Marauder approved? ;-)

#1103 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

I would say I said it, but I forgot to say it. :D

I don't expect a new mech anytime soon. :)

#1104 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

*weepsincorner*

#1105 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

It's outrageous how they always manage to cease announcements half-a$$ed with last quartet of Light-Medium-Heavy-Assault never completed. First it was ten weeks between Spider and Flea after a spurt of two-weeks announcements (though many expected 4th assault to be №16 and no more annoucements for long with 4 mechs in each weight class). Now we had two announcements on a three-week schedule before (HGN after FLE, BJ after HGN) - and as FOUR weeks have passed since BlackJack, there's nothing again. Dammit, just give us two Inner Sphere mechs - Heavy and Assault - to complete the fifth quartet already and I'll never demand one more until Clans arrival. It's not hype, it's not surprising, it's annoying.

#1106 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

King Crab King Crab King Crab
Posted Image

Apparantly someone on the MWO facebook page said they were fighting for it because they loved FD's art of it (above)

#1107 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostMurrdox, on 05 December 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

This makes me think that the Energy hardpoint system might need a tweak to give energy Mechs more variety. Perhaps something along the lines of Light, Medium, and Heavy hardpoints? Heavy hardpoints could mount PPCs and Large Lasers, Medium for Medium Lasers, and Light for Small Lasers?

Think about it for a second. If this were done it could give a lot of variety to Mechs with lots of energy hardpoints. For example on a Light Mech like a Jenner you could choose a variant with a couple Heavy Energy hardpoints, or many small Hard Points.

I also think that the hard point system could be adjusted a little bit to account for Critical space. Perhaps a "Heavy" hardpoint would slot any energy weapon up to 3 Critical slots, while a Light hardpoint would be only 1.

Sorry this got really off-topic. Love the Orion!

Mechwarrior: Tactics is already doing this. While I think it's fine from a table top PC game perspective, I'd rather keep it out of the simulator.

Moar Orion!

#1108 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

View Postharuko, on 05 December 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

King Crab King Crab King Crab
Posted Image

Apparantly someone on the MWO facebook page said they were fighting for it because they loved FD's art of it (above)

hnnnnnnnggggg. I need this in my life, it never gets any love anywhere other than TT. The thoughts of a non XL Clanbuster fill my dreams.

Why did everyone think there would be an announcement today?

#1109 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostThontor, on 05 December 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

Honestly the mechs being implemented into the game is so far behind the concept art/announcements I don't see the big deal in waiting a while between announcements.

Doesn't really bother me.

It bothers me!

View PostMorang, on 05 December 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

It's outrageous how they always manage to cease announcements half-a$$ed with last quartet of Light-Medium-Heavy-Assault never completed.
(...)
Dammit, just give us two Inner Sphere mechs - Heavy and Assault - to complete the fifth quartet already and I'll never demand one more until Clans arrival. It's not hype, it's not surprising, it's annoying.

This. ^

#1110 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

So, I guess they extended the announcements to 1 mech a month. Dang! I hate this!

That probably means they will start showing up the clan mechs only in March, 2013 (the time of the IS proper invasion).

#1111 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

You actually think they're going to make the invasion deadline? lolzors.

#1112 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

As retribution, I will start spamming this:

Posted Image

#1113 FR33JACK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

I'm positive...at a certain point of the game development, we are getting a Russian, 150 tonnes OMEGA :) ...
Posted Image

#1114 Bitey001

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

I'm predicting Orion is the next mech.

#1115 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostOdanan, on 05 December 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

As retribution, I will start spamming this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

:lol: *just kidding* :)

Edited by The Birdeater, 05 December 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#1116 Sean Ward

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 37 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

I still don't get why people thought there was going to be an announcement yesterday. Please forgive the fact that I have not read the thread farther back than a few pages and I enjoy the speculation.

[edit]:
But also on the subject I would love to see the crab as it has such a fantastic profile and would add some different design asthetics to the current lineup. Also the description would give it a Command Console
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Crab and enough variants but they are pretty much all laserboats. I personally would not mind them adding a variant that is not cannon to make the mech a little more viable in game.
The biggest drawback though is that it would be the 3rd 50 tonner :D

Edited by Sean Ward, 06 December 2012 - 03:15 AM.

#1117 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

View PostSean Ward, on 06 December 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

I still don't get why people thought there was going to be an announcement yesterday. Please forgive the fact that I have not read the thread farther back than a few pages and I enjoy the speculation.

[edit]:
But also on the subject I would love to see the crab as it has such a fantastic profile and would add some different design asthetics to the current lineup. Also the description would give it a Command Console
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Crab and enough variants but they are pretty much all laserboats. I personally would not mind them adding a variant that is not cannon to make the mech a little more viable in game.
The biggest drawback though is that it would be the 3rd 50 tonner :rolleyes:

I do mind.
And there are already 3 50 tonners (Centurion, Hunchback and Trebuchet).

(and God save me from another laser boat)

#1118 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

View Postcdlord, on 06 December 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

I vote Victor! Or Zeus.

One thing that's missing is CW. With CW comes meaningful faction separation and in the lore, some mechs were more readily available to some factions while being almost unseen in others......

That will explain why there are different mechs with similar loadouts. I see the point of why bring in the Battlemaster when you already have the Awesome (laserboats). CW and mech availability would make it necessary (and let us have our mechs). Maybe PGI can't do it, but there are tons of different designs out there with similar mission profiles. Be a shame to not see the majority of them just because they have similar loadouts to mechs someone else has already deemed cooler..... IMHO :rolleyes:

#1119 Gamgee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationCanadia's Royal Reservation

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Does anyone else think the Stalker design looks like some sort of mad ww2 german scientist teamed up with the Sovitets to create the monstrosity I call the Land Blimp or Hindenblimp?

#1120 FR33JACK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostGamgee, on 06 December 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

Does anyone else think the Stalker design looks like some sort of mad ww2 german scientist teamed up with the Sovitets to create the monstrosity I call the Land Blimp or Hindenblimp?

for sure ;)

79 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 79 guests, 0 anonymous users