#11201 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:17 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 26 October 2015 - 05:12 AM, said:

lucky for me it is not such a moment for me - this moment will happen only 1 more time :huh: 2 times :(3 times..... Archer,Crusader and Phoenix Hawk....although Archer and Crusader are similar....

uhhhghh Marauder II....Grand Crusader, Warhammer IIC

Posted Image

Yea, the Archer and Crusader are similar, but one has SRM leg mounts, one doesn't... Would be interesting to see if PGI would implement leg hard points....

#11202 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:21 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 26 October 2015 - 05:17 AM, said:

Yea, the Archer and Crusader are similar, but one has SRM leg mounts, one doesn't... Would be interesting to see if PGI would implement leg hard points....

I don't think they will - expect them to be ST mounted.... although leg mounted would add a "third" crosshair - nice for one of the Victor variants

#11203 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:23 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 26 October 2015 - 05:21 AM, said:

I don't think they will - expect them to be ST mounted.... although leg mounted would add a "third" crosshair - nice for one of the Victor variants

I'd take anything to make MWO even a little complex... Kind of sick and tried of CoD with Battle Tech skins right now....

#11204 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:04 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 26 October 2015 - 05:21 AM, said:

The Cicada C had weapons in the legs and was translated in MWO with these hardpoints moved to the torsos. I think is a fine solution (weapons in the legs would be impossible to shoot while running).

#11205 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:31 AM

Just when I think I am done buying mechs with real money... Well played PGI, well played....

#11206 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:49 AM

this FAFNIR is beautiful :) Posted Image

#11207 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:08 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 26 October 2015 - 04:00 AM, said:

some things in MW4 were not so great looking.. but man, dat Cauldron Born.....
Posted Image
Truth to tell, I liked most of the designs "introduced" in MW4.
Chimera, Osiris, Argus, Hellspawn, etc.

It was the interpretation of existing designs I was less in love with (though I liked the Vulture and CB a fair bit)

#11208 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:16 AM

Same for me.
And damn, now I want the Fafnir. :(
Beside. I already know the Hero Fafnir, the one piloted by Adam Steiner Ardan Steiner-Davion.

#11209 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:21 PM

View PostSgtMagor, on 26 October 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

this FAFNIR is beautiful :)

The arms are puny ugly. I prefer the MW4's arms.

#11210 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

View Postcdlord, on 26 October 2015 - 04:08 AM, said:

The Legend Killer is another SHUTUPANDTAKEMYMONEY moment from me..... :D

It also wasn't a traditional Rifleman, but a RFL-3N-2, the Star League Royal Rifleman II - and a whopping 20 tons heavier than the original, packing all kinds of League-era goodies in it's chassis.

#11211 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:14 PM

View Postwanderer, on 26 October 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

It also wasn't a traditional Rifleman, but a RFL-3N-2, the Star League Royal Rifleman II - and a whopping 20 tons heavier than the original, packing all kinds of League-era goodies in it's chassis.

What I know of the Legend Killer was from the novels so of it's loadout, I do not know. Wouldn't take much to differentiate a Hero variant from the standard RFL loadouts though. Gray Noton WOOOOOO!

#11212 Cupid and Psyche _

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts
  • LocationUnion DropShip

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:38 PM

View PostSgtMagor, on 26 October 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

this FAFNIR is beautiful :) Posted Image

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose... ;)

I find it to be a very powerful looking 'mech. It is really one of those chassis that can instill a sense of awe in people on the battlefield.

#11213 Cupid and Psyche _

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts
  • LocationUnion DropShip

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:41 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 October 2015 - 08:08 AM, said:

some things in MW4 were not so great looking.. but man, dat Cauldron Born.....
Posted Image
Truth to tell, I liked most of the designs "introduced" in MW4.
Chimera, Osiris, Argus, Hellspawn, etc.

It was the interpretation of existing designs I was less in love with (though I liked the Vulture and CB a fair bit)

Agreed- the Cauldron Born is a very fine chassis! :) I really want to get around to making a paper version of it, but I am currently working on the Adder.

Also, the Hellhound had a much nicer design in MW4 than in the original artwork.

#11214 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

View Postwanderer, on 26 October 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

Not actually confirmed true, unless retconned.

The first mention that it might not be a stock RFL-3N was in the Solaris 7 Box Set published in 1991. It espoused several theories, from being built with star league tech, post discovery of IICs, it was theorized it might have been an 80 or 90 mech, etc.

The only actual canon description of it, in Warrior: EnGarde, was of a stock rifleman armament (5 shot popguns), (paper thin) armor, ammo loads and gross heat burden (when he triggered the large lasers, the wash of waste heat had him comment on it not being an efficient machine). Justin Xiang gives a running commentary of all the mechs shortcomings throughout his match against Philip Capet. Also, nothing was unusual to the eyes of a master technician, Tsen Shang when he prepped it for Justin's use for the title match.

It being anything else, is to the best o my knowledge, unsupported rumours.

Of course, in MWO it could be armed however you like.

#11215 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:34 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 October 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

Not actually confirmed true, unless retconned.

The first mention that it might not be a stock RFL-3N was in the Solaris 7 Box Set published in 1991. It espoused several theories, from being built with star league tech, post discovery of IICs, it was theorized it might have been an 80 or 90 mech, etc.

The only actual canon description of it, in Warrior: EnGarde, was of a stock rifleman armament (5 shot popguns), (paper thin) armor, ammo loads and gross heat burden (when he triggered the large lasers, the wash of waste heat had him comment on it not being an efficient machine). Justin Xiang gives a running commentary of all the mechs shortcomings throughout his match against Philip Capet. Also, nothing was unusual to the eyes of a master technician, Tsen Shang when he prepped it for Justin's use for the title match.

It being anything else, is to the best o my knowledge, unsupported rumours.

Of course, in MWO it could be armed however you like.

Agreed. I think Justin and Tsen would notice the mech is heavier than 60 tons.

Even if PGI just swapped the hardpoints, it would make a totally different mech. Let's say... 1 energy hardpoint in each arm (preferably inflated to 2 in each arm), 2 energy in the center torso and 1 ballistics in each side torso.

#11216 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:50 PM

View PostOdanan, on 26 October 2015 - 05:34 PM, said:

Agreed. I think Justin and Tsen would notice the mech is heavier than 60 tons.

Even if PGI just swapped the hardpoints, it would make a totally different mech. Let's say... 1 energy hardpoint in each arm (preferably inflated to 2 in each arm), 2 energy in the center torso and 1 ballistics in each side torso.

yeah, none of the actual description supports the theories, and as far as I know, that is all they were proposed.... as an explanation for how a lowly Rifleman could succeed so marvelously.

Of course, being crazy skilled, might have helped. And Assault mechs were scarce as hens teeth in the late 3010s and early 3020s. So at most it was faced off against other heavies and mediums, more than likely, and even more so, the majority of mechs were far from being in pristine condition. Solaris was not a bastion of top tech at that time in history as opposed to the 3050s. A perfectly maintained Rifleman with a truly elite pilot, against inferior pilots in less than perfect machines, seems the most logical answer.

As you said, they would have noticed the weight, (as would the solaris referees who check over mechs pre match) and they definitely would have noted superior heat sinks, armor or firepower.

#11217 BarHaid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:30 PM

Do we have some inside info about the next mech that I am unaware? Or are we just theory-crafting here?

#11218 Setun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 172 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:22 PM

I really hope the Annihilator comes out at some point. I need more 100 ton assault mech in my life.

#11219 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:36 AM

Well, apparently Harebrained Schemes do know what the next two IS mechs are, because on the Order Of Valhalla pledge tier on the Battletech kickstarter it's mentioned that the special order paint scheme will also apply to two more classic mechs in addition to those already announced (including the Marauder and Warhammer). And since they're specifically mentioning "classic" mechs I'm inclined to think it'll be two more unseen redesigns.

NOW GIMME MY PHOENIX HAWK!

#11220 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:32 AM

View PostBarHaid, on 26 October 2015 - 09:30 PM, said:

Do we have some inside info about the next mech that I am unaware? Or are we just theory-crafting here?

We don't, but Russ retweeted my tweet about the Rifleman and the Legend Killer. ;)

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users