Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:18 PM

Oh guys, keep it civil.

#17542 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

Not a fan, but the hero Mech might be solid: six energy hardpoints spread across the Mech, plus two missile hardpoints, ECM and JJ. And Bills' lore is absolutely great:
https://mwomercs.com...hellspawn-lore/
It looks good too, even if I would have gone for a different art direction.

If it is released for MC I will give the hero a try, I think.

Edited by FLG 01, 01 September 2017 - 04:57 PM.

#17543 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:16 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 01 September 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

Not a fan, but the hero Mech might be solid: six energy hardpoints spread across the Mech, plus two missile hardpoints, ECM and JJ. And Bills' lore is absolutely great:
https://mwomercs.com...hellspawn-lore/
It looks good too, even if I would have gone for a different art direction.

If it is released for MC I will give the hero a try, I think.

I would just wait until it goes for c-bills. This will hopefully be the last MW:4 mech for 2017 (unless we get something else besides the pretty much guaranteed Black Lanner and Piranha). Hopefully with the lack of sales with this thing, might make PGI realize that it might be a good time for viable mechs that weren't featured in a mechwarrior game like the Toyama to have a chance?

#17544 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 01 September 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

Didn't years ago Russ state that he wanted to finish the 3025 backlog before jumping into the future? Where is the Dervish? Where is the Charger or Hatamoto-Chi?

As both the upcoming Battletech game and MW5 are pre-Clan era games should we not be modeling their art assets first?

Well it looks like Gas's poll has proven to be quite influencial

#17545 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:15 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 01 September 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

I would just wait until it goes for c-bills. This will hopefully be the last MW:4 mech for 2017 (unless we get something else besides the pretty much guaranteed Black Lanner and Piranha). Hopefully with the lack of sales with this thing, might make PGI realize that it might be a good time for viable mechs that weren't featured in a mechwarrior game like the Toyama to have a chance?

I mean the hero Mech. It's the only one I am mildly interested in.

Next two are Clan, the Piranha is basically confirmed, and the other is a medium - and there is not much left from MW:4 (Conjurer). Of course one has to keep in mind that MW:4 naturally featured fewer Clan Mechs because it is set in the IS. (And seeing a planetary militia being better equipped than elite line units was silly enough...)
Since the IS selection is much greater, it's well possible that the next IS Mech is going to be from MW:4 again. In that case, I just hope they finally manage to pick one that actually had a notable role the FCCW.

Of course I'd prefer to see fresh Mechs. The Falconer e.g. was an important Mech in the FCCW, it is new, and it would be very powerful in MWO. This is the kind of Mech we need.

#17546 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

With all the talk of MW4 mechs, I'm glad that the clans seem to be covered after the Arctic wolf is released.

#17547 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

The decals and cockpit item are way more interesting. I guess this thing will tank in sales.

#17548 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:00 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 01 September 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

I mean the hero Mech. It's the only one I am mildly interested in.

Next two are Clan, the Piranha is basically confirmed, and the other is a medium - and there is not much left from MW:4 (Conjurer). Of course one has to keep in mind that MW:4 naturally featured fewer Clan Mechs because it is set in the IS. (And seeing a planetary militia being better equipped than elite line units was silly enough...)
Since the IS selection is much greater, it's well possible that the next IS Mech is going to be from MW:4 again. In that case, I just hope they finally manage to pick one that actually had a notable role the FCCW.

Yep, next two IS mechs will probably be the Fafnir and the Argus (in this order). After that, we open up for a world of possibilities... (IS omnis and mechs never seen before in any MW game)

#17549 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:05 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 01 September 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

Well it looks like Gas's poll has proven to be quite influencial

Gas' poll is the representation of the most well known and most well wanted mechs. Of course it's influential.

#17550 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:25 AM

I was just taking a look at Gas's poll and I noticed the Daikyu isn't on there for the IS heavies. Is there a reasoning behind that beyond C3 (which the Thanatos shows is not an issue) and there only being 4 variants with similar hard points?

#17551 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:58 AM

View PostOdanan, on 02 September 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

Gas' poll is the representation of the most well known and most well wanted mechs.

I am not sure about that in case of lights and mediums. There seem to be as many votes for lights and mediums as they are for heavies and assaults, but we know for a fact that people don't play lights and mediums as often as heavies and assaults. They also don't sell as well.

I suspect there are a lot of votes from people who don't play what they vote for and probably don't buy it either.
It would explain a lot (see Hollander).

#17552 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:48 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 02 September 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

I am not sure about that in case of lights and mediums. There seem to be as many votes for lights and mediums as they are for heavies and assaults, but we know for a fact that people don't play lights and mediums as often as heavies and assaults. They also don't sell as well.

I suspect there are a lot of votes from people who don't play what they vote for and probably don't buy it either.
It would explain a lot (see Hollander).

The Hollander (II) fits the "well known" category. It featured in MechCommander and Mechwarrior: Living Legends. And yes, I don't think it will end up selling and performing well...

#17553 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:42 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 02 September 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

I was just taking a look at Gas's poll and I noticed the Daikyu isn't on there for the IS heavies. Is there a reasoning behind that beyond C3 (which the Thanatos shows is not an issue) and there only being 4 variants with similar hard points?

Gas was adding mechs as they were requested and there's only so much space per question for answers.

#17554 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:22 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 02 September 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

Gas was adding mechs as they were requested and there's only so much space per question for answers.

Do the 5 word story for those questions, I'll fill in the blanks.

#17555 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:27 AM

OK, so, updated charts, I even triple checked I'd got it all right this time ;)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17556 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:52 AM

I was just wondering if we are guaranteed a 20 ton Clan mech or if that if that is just our hyped up expectation. I know Russ alluded to the Piranha being the next clan light, but he also never confirmed it, just as we never really got a whole lot of info about Solaris until the progress podcast.

#17557 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:10 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 05 September 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

I was just wondering if we are guaranteed a 20 ton Clan mech or if that if that is just our hyped up expectation. I know Russ alluded to the Piranha being the next clan light, but he also never confirmed it, just as we never really got a whole lot of info about Solaris until the progress podcast.

Russ confirmed on the twitch stream before the Solaris announcement (edit for clarity: the entirely different twitch stream before the one with the solaris announcement, not the one when Solaris was announced) that the Piranha had been selected for the next mech pack. However, that was also going to be a 4 mech pack, but I believe it was split up into individual mechs because of the voting on Russ's twitter for 1 mech/month instead of 4 mech packs.

Therefore, I believe it's safe to say that the Clan Light on the roadmap is almost guaranteed to be the Piranha . . . almost . . . something could change . . . but it's extremely unlikely.

Edited by Sereglach, 05 September 2017 - 08:11 AM.

#17558 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:19 AM

View PostSereglach, on 05 September 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

Therefore, I believe it's safe to say that the Clan Light on the roadmap is almost guaranteed to be the Piranha . . . almost . . . something could change . . . but it's extremely unlikely.

If they considered modifying the firemoth to stay within their speed limit and gave it supplemental armor as a trade off...

#17559 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:25 AM

Modding the engine turns it into a new OmniMech entirely, so no.

#17560 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:48 AM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 05 September 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

Modding the engine turns it into a new OmniMech entirely, so no.

The Firemoth runs within the speed limit: the problem is when MASC kicks in.

What SuperFunk suggested is to reduce the MASC speed bonus (to keep it inside the game engine limits) or to remove the MASC entirely.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook