#18281 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:09 AM

View PostGasoline, on 13 December 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

20t: IS: Wasp, Clan: Fire Moth (highly unlikely)
25t: IS: Brigand, Clan: Icestorm (highly unlikely)
60t Clan: there's just the Glass Spider currently available and I would prefer the Rifleman IIC
80t Clan: Warhammer IIC
95t: IS: Hauptmann/Sagittaire, Clan: Turkina (meh)

OK, here I go: (as if you guys didn't know my favorites at this point...)
  • 20t: IS: Wasp (the most essential mech not in MWO yet). Clan: Fire Moth (the most essential Clan mech not in MWO)
  • 25t: IS: Raptor (and at least 1 good IS omnimech of each weight class). Clan: Fire Falcon (it's cute, it's good)
  • 60t Clan: Hellfire (same seven inch leather heels of the Lupus and looks as menacing as Gene Simmons spitting blood)
  • 80t Clan: Warhammer IIC
  • 95t: IS: Sagittaire (fracking scary). Clan: Turkina (I always liked this mech)
Dang. That's a sexy list.

EDIT: 40t and 85t bonuses:
  • 40t: IS: Vulcan. Clan: Coyotl (or Phantom)
  • 85t: IS: Crockett+Katana (or Gunslinger, or Longbow). Clan: Blood Kite (because the Savage Coyote is too slow and I want to see how Alex Iglesias would save this monstrosity)

Edited by Odanan, 13 December 2017 - 01:00 PM.

#18282 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

View PostOvion, on 13 December 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

Posted Image
Honestly, what we need next, are:
some IS and Clan 20T mechs,
some IS and Clan 25T mechs,
a Clan 60T mech,
a Clan 80T mech,
some IS and Clan 95T mechs.

Maybe a third 40 & 85 tonner as well?

IS 20t Wasp/Stinger for JJ 20 tonner Clan: Fire Moth
25t Brigand/Nexus/Mongoose/Raptor Anything else just isn't worth it Clan: Fire Falcon
40T Sha Yu/Sentry. For Clans Griffin IIC/Corvis/Phantom/Pouncer/Coyotl (Tons of options)
60t Clan Thresher or Hellfire
80t Clan Warhammer IIc/Canis
85t IS Gunslinger
95t Sagittaire Clan Turkina... There is nothing else

Edited by TheArisen, 13 December 2017 - 11:40 AM.

#18283 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:02 PM

View PostGasoline, on 13 December 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

20t: IS: Wasp, Clan: Fire Moth (highly unlikely)
25t: IS: Brigand, Clan: Icestorm (highly unlikely)
60t Clan: there's just the Glass Spider currently available and I would prefer the Rifleman IIC
80t Clan: Warhammer IIC
95t: IS: Hauptmann/Sagittaire, Clan: Turkina (meh)

The Wasp should be sold along with the Flea, since both mechs might be hard sellers considering their limited options. They might be holding off on the two for MW:5 Mercs and we should know by that time the conclusion with the whole unseen fiasco.

Glass spider as it's already been stated will be outclassed by the Rifleman IIC, and there will be a conflict role between the two mechs. The Predator/Matador would be better options if we absolutely must have have a new clan 60 ton mech. However, I could care less about PGI filling in mechs in certain tonnage slots when there are very limited options in those weight categories to begin with.

Since PGI doesn't sound too enthusiastic about adding IS omni's (they will probably cave in if they really want the money), it will be interesting to see what 2018's mech selection shall be.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 13 December 2017 - 12:04 PM.

#18284 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:08 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 13 December 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

IS 20t Wasp/Stinger for JJ 20 tonner Clan: Fire Moth
25t Brigand/Nexus/Mongoose/Raptor Anything else just isn't worth it Clan: Fire Falcon
40T Sha Yu/Sentry. For Clans Griffin IIC/Corvis/Phantom/Pouncer/Coyotl (Tons of options)
60t Clan Thresher or Hellfire
80t Clan Warhammer IIc/Canis
85t IS Gunslinger
95t Sagittaire Clan Turkina... There is nothing else
Firemoth breaks the game still, so that's out. Our only real option is the Howler, which looks neat, and the shortcomings can be resolved with PGI variants.

The Wasp/Stinger is the obvious choice for IS, but not till the HG thing is over. Until then, I think the best options are either the Thorn or the Hornet till then.

I feel like there's other 25T mechs that'd be decent, though I would very much like to see the Mongoose in MWO, its aesthetic would be unique.

View PostArnold The Governator, on 13 December 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

The Wasp should be sold along with the Flea
You spelt Stinger wrong.
Flea has been stated by Russ as not happening, and if brought in would just be a worse Locust (slower, less space, less hardpoints, otherwise identical)

Edited by Ovion, 13 December 2017 - 12:10 PM.

#18285 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 13 December 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

In which case...

Clan 40 tonner - Pouncer
Clan 85 tonner - Savage Coyote
IS 40 tonner - Sha Yu
IS 85 tonner - Gunslinger or Templar

#18286 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:48 PM

Glass spider as it's already been stated will be outclassed by the Rifleman IIC, and there will be a conflict role between the two mechs. The Predator/Matador would be better options if we absolutely must have have a new clan 60 ton mech. However, I could care less about PGI filling in mechs in certain tonnage slots when there are very limited options in those weight categories to begin with.

Oh, Matador. I forgot that one. 13 hardpoints in a 60 tons Clan Battlemech with jumpjets. Pretty intimidating. Still, I would prefer the Hellfire first.

#18287 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:27 PM

The Wasp should be sold along with the Flea, since both mechs might be hard sellers considering their limited options. They might be holding off on the two for MW:5 Mercs and we should know by that time the conclusion with the whole unseen fiasco.

Since PGI doesn't sound too enthusiastic about adding IS omni's (they will probably cave in if they really want the money), it will be interesting to see what 2018's mech selection shall be.

I think you're right that we're not seeing any of the venerable Succession Wars era mechs before the release of MW5:M. Also I don't think we'll see the Fire Moth as much as we love to. It would totally outclass the Locust (faster, more podspace and the potential hero has ECM). That's where I don't see more 20t mechs anytime soon.

The clan 60t bracket doesn't really add anything too exciting for me. Most of the mechs in that bracket come with an impressive amount of weaponry but are severly underarmored.

As mentioned before, I guess we'll see both the Argus and Fafnir, the Blood Asp and probably either the Urbie IIC or the Solitaire, maybe if the the lawsuit gets resolved anytime soon the Locust IIC as those are the most popular.

#18288 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:31 PM

View PostGasoline, on 13 December 2017 - 10:27 PM, said:

The clan 60t bracket doesn't really add anything too exciting for me. Most of the mechs in that bracket come with an impressive amount of weaponry but are severly underarmored.

That doesn't seem like a fair reason to be critical of them, though. This isn't TT. All 60-tonners will end up with the same amount of maximum armor, quirks aside. That just leaves hardpoint variety, hardpoint placement, mech equipment options (including engines), and mech geometry to worry about.

#18289 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:41 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 13 December 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

That doesn't seem like a fair reason to be critical of them, though. This isn't TT. All 60-tonners will end up with the same amount of maximum armor, quirks aside. That just leaves hardpoint variety, hardpoint placement, mech equipment options (including engines), and mech geometry to worry about.

Yes, I know... that's why I said, they don't appeal to me. The Hellfire 1 for example is basically a hardpoint inflated Mad Dog, the 2 has less hardpoints but nothing the 1 hasn't. The Thresher is basically a hardpoint inflated Summoner with less pod space.

Don't get me wrong, I respect everyone's opinion and will most likely pilot pretty much everything the game has to offer, but - to me - the 60t clan bracket has nothing notable to offer.

#18290 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:08 AM

Looking at Ovion's list and TheArisen's short lists, the Gunslinger is definitely something I'd put money down on right away.
Edit: I mean look at this thing, this would make even the most attractive of women fight for attention when both are present. :P

http://www.sarna.net..._Gunslinger.jpg

Edited by SuperFunkTron, 14 December 2017 - 08:29 AM.

#18291 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:34 PM

little inspiration via the old Japanese Edition Battletech Art
Posted Image
Posted Image

I think I may have to dive deeper...

#18292 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:45 AM

View PostOdanan, on 13 December 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

OK, here I go: (as if you guys didn't know my favorites at this point...)
  • 20t: IS: Wasp (the most essential mech not in MWO yet).

I always liked the Stinger more than the Wasp.... Now the Super Wasp (25t) is pretty good... so is the Valkyrie at 30r.

#18293 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:20 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 24 December 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

I always liked the Stinger more than the Wasp.... Now the Super Wasp (25t) is pretty good... so is the Valkyrie at 30r.

The Wasp has more variants and some of them are exactly like some Stinger's variants. So, if PGI needs to choose between Wasp and Stinger, Wasp is preferable.

Edited by Odanan, 24 December 2017 - 08:21 AM.

#18294 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

View PostOdanan, on 24 December 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

The Wasp has more variants and some of them are exactly like some Stinger's variants. So, if PGI needs to choose between Wasp and Stinger, Wasp is preferable.

to you maybe, but I prefer the Stinger too.. looks better. Wasp will "meta" better with the W

#18295 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:01 PM

What's the actual difference between the Wasp & Stinger?

#18296 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:05 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 24 December 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

At least for the main variant, the Wasp is laser/missile while the Stinger is laser/ballistic.

#18297 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:17 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 24 December 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

The shape of the head.
Stinger has a mailbox head and Wasp has more of a Gundam Face.

#18298 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:40 PM

Stinger
Posted Image
Wasp
Posted Image

#18299 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:53 AM

Time for the Emperor. (Liao) 90t Assault Mech. 2 balistic, 5 energy hardpoints. Jump Jets.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by xVLFBERHxT, 25 December 2017 - 10:00 AM.

#18300 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:44 AM

View PostxVLFBERHxT, on 25 December 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

Time for the Emperor. (Liao) 90t Assault Mech. 2 balistic, 5 energy hardpoints. Jump Jets.

Looks good, but almost all variants have the same hardpoints. While I would welcome this mech into the game, I don't see it as a priority.
But let's look at the other most possible 90 tons IS mechs:
  • Akuma - sort of a smaller and freakier Atlas. Few variants.
  • Viking - a very unique and (could be) gorgeous mech. Much like an IS Turkina, but with dozens of hardpoints. Rasalhague "totem mech". Few variants.
  • Sunder - well known (was in MW3 and MW4) omnimech with locked XL Engine (which makes it very fragile in MWO). Lots of variants (omni configurations).
  • Yu Huang - several variants with good mix of weapons and equipment. Like the Emperor, it's a Liao "totem mech". But it's kind of similar with the Highlander.
I think those and the Emperor have about the same chance of being added.

(which is not huge, considering the IS 90 tons bracket is already well represented)

Edited by Odanan, 27 December 2017 - 03:18 AM.

29 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook