#19461 The Lighthouse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:26 PM

View PostBombast, on 11 July 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

So premium time, with an MC kicker.

Don't need to be an MC kicker. Just additional cbill bonus would be enough.

Say, 20~25 bucks, for two months, each time the map is chosen and played, you get 30% bonus on cbill, and maybe MC if you wins a match, something like that. With this every two months we may have new map.

Despite being very old, this game really does not have many quick play maps (unfortunately, PGI simply wasted so much resource on half-baked Faction Play and Solaris.) to play.

I think some of the FP Invasion map can be re-used for quick play, with some minor adjustments. There are some beautiful ones do exist. That would be good start.

Edited by The Lighthouse, 11 July 2018 - 11:27 PM.

#19462 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:05 AM

monetizing maps is easily one of the worst things PGI could do.

#19463 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:35 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 12 July 2018 - 12:05 AM, said:

Agreed.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 12 July 2018 - 02:35 AM.

#19464 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:38 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 12 July 2018 - 12:05 AM, said:

and yet, it seems to be the go to "solution" anti-mechpackers immediately default to. One of a long line of gaming myths that somehow are kept alive. *SMH*

Sometimes I wonder why I even read the forums anymore. It was the forum idiocy (admittedly combined with IRL crapfest and hardware issues) that finally soured me to MWO.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 12 July 2018 - 07:40 AM.

#19465 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:04 AM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 11 July 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

No, I don't mean that.

For instance, PGI can release "New Map Booster" and for next 3 months after the map is released, anyone with the booster will gain additional cbills and/or even very small amount of MCs, you know, something like that.

Credit where it's due: You know what, that suggestion's got more going for it than most "monetize the maps" suggestions I've seen.

I'm not sure it would be imemented well by PGI, or whether folks would get the map enough to feel like they got their money's worth, but the starter idea's the closest to workable I've seen regarding money-for-maps.

Edited by Virlutris, 12 July 2018 - 09:07 AM.

#19466 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:25 AM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 11 July 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

No, I don't mean that.

For instance, PGI can release "New Map Booster" and for next 3 months after the map is released, anyone with the booster will gain additional cbills and/or even very small amount of MCs, you know, something like that.

The tournament supporter pack is a great model that is widely anticipated by this community, even by those of us that don’t play in it or watch many of the games. I would gladly pay $10 towards new map development for a mini premium time type boost. Say like TSP, 5 or 10 percent all the time, then thirty percent on the map in question for say three months duration. Excellent way for them to make another 40 bucks a year, and I would love to see a new map on a quarterly schedule (and don’t feel that would be an overwhelming amount of work/unrealistic expectation.)

#19467 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:49 AM

I wouldn't mind a contest of sorts that PGI could hold, for Map and Mech alike.

They offer it in four fields, one for each weight class, and you design a mech of IS or Clan origins around that limitation. You gotta make a prime variation and three variants after.

The winner could get their mech before anyone else, along with a special color scheme for them and maybe for those they can hand it out too. That along with like, 10,000MC.

#19468 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:33 PM

So, can we assume the next mech will be the Turkina?
Posted Image

#19469 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:54 PM

Next mech probably ought to be a medium, but since when does PGI do what I think is best?

Turkina's likely to happen someday, makes sense for the next ClanTech assault, assuming no IICs.
(I still want the Kingfisher, but that's my geek streak acting up)

Medium next please.

Pretty please?

With sugar on top?

Edited by Virlutris, 12 July 2018 - 01:57 PM.

#19470 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:13 PM

Actually it's been more than 5 months since we had an assault mech. Last 5 were one medium, two heavies and two lights.

Very likely an assault, if not medium mech.

It seems PGI nowdays pretty much ignores poll's result.

However, we can see a trend: Older era mechs that can be used for MW5 and Battletech. Look at the mechs; Flea, Vulcan, Champion.... old ones.

If this is going to be an IS assault mech.... I think Emperor has very high chance to appear.

If this is going to be an Clan assault mech.... Stone Rhino is probably quite high up there, but seeing Hellfire being released, Turkina also has a good chance.

If it is medium, Dervish for IS, and Clan.... I have no idea. Maybe Vapor Eagle.

Then again, nothing changes the fact that we need Hollander right now.

#19471 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:07 PM

• Turkina for assault; (Bane would be amazing; and Stone Rhino kicks a lot of nostalgia, but it's in a grey legal area)
  • Vapor Eagle for medium; (since we are picking some obscure mechs, Coyotl would be a great surprise)
  • Black Python for heavy; (OK, I prefer the Rifleman IIC, but we don't know how the agreement was set)
  • Fire Falcon for light. (next Clan light might take a while, but this is a must)

#19472 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:33 PM

View PostOdanan, on 12 July 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

• Turkina for assault; (Bane would be amazing; and Stone Rhino kicks a lot of nostalgia, but it's in a grey legal area)
  • Vapor Eagle for medium; (since we are picking some obscure mechs, Coyotl would be a great surprise)
  • Black Python for heavy; (OK, I prefer the Rifleman IIC, but we don't know how the agreement was set)
  • Fire Falcon for light. (next Clan light might take a while, but this is a must)

Stone Rhino should be as fine as the Incubus, TBH. Yes it's tentatively tied to the Monster, but the version everyone knows has ZERO resemblance to it. Mind you I still say should because as you noted, we don't know the wording of the settlement. So because it did for a brief moment sort of kind of have a connection to the Monster back when Glam Metal was still popular, it might have to be avoided. Of those listed the Vapour eagle was the most promise as a chassis. I would be shocked to see the Coytol still, it's so obscure and out of use. But who knows. By numbers, the Annihilator made no sense either, lol.

#19473 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:45 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 July 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

Yes it's tentatively tied to the Monster, but the version everyone knows has ZERO resemblance to it.

Actually, the version most people know is based on a Robotech original design. It's not treading any dangerous waters with the Japanese but it's playing with fire on the home front. Albeit it's one of the less blatant copies so it would most likely get a pass in court even if HG ever tried to act upon it.

#19474 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:53 AM

I really hope they start knocking out the MW:2 era mechs for the clans and we get the the dam Phantom. We need a another fast, medium mech that can boat more than the ice ferret or viper, even if it is at the expense of armor. If not the Phantom, the Pouncer is clearly the best option (most of its stock variants already resemble effective builds in MWO).

If we are looking at an IS mech, especially an assault, I'd like to have something like the grand titan made available.

#19475 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:24 AM

If we are going old school, not affected by the Harmony Gold case mechs: here are two fire support options:

40 ton Whitworth: This one would be terribad in MWO, but is great on paper and in table top.

55 ton Dervish: This one might be just fine in MWO. It jumps, and fits in with the other 55 ton crowd.

#19476 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:27 AM

View PostMarauder3D, on 13 July 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

If we are going old school, not affected by the Harmony Gold case mechs: here are two fire support options:

40 ton Whitworth: This one would be terribad in MWO, but is great on paper and in table top.

55 ton Dervish: This one might be just fine in MWO. It jumps, and fits in with the other 55 ton crowd.

I don't know about the Whitworth. Depending on Hardpoint count it might make for a decent MRM boat. And it's hardly the worst Medium missile boat mech out there.

Edited by Requiemking, 13 July 2018 - 10:27 AM.

#19477 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:06 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 13 July 2018 - 10:27 AM, said:

I don't know about the Whitworth. Depending on Hardpoint count it might make for a decent MRM boat. And it's hardly the worst Medium missile boat mech out there.

Those two mechs would make sense Mechwarrior 5 and Battletech wise due to the fact they are SLDF mechs.

#19478 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:42 PM

Whitworth = not worth it.

#19479 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:16 PM

View PostOdanan, on 13 July 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

Not "worth" a whit? Get it? :P

#19480 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:31 PM

View PostAdridos, on 13 July 2018 - 02:45 AM, said:

Actually, the version most people know is based on a Robotech original design. It's not treading any dangerous waters with the Japanese but it's playing with fire on the home front. Albeit it's one of the less blatant copies so it would most likely get a pass in court even if HG ever tried to act upon it.

THIS
Posted Image
is the stone rhino everyone is most familiar with/wants.

It's tenuously based off of THIS
Posted Image

No court of law ANYWHERE will claim the top picture is derivative of this.

The original Behemoth, as per Battledroids
Posted Image

may have had some issues. But no, the TRO 3055 and later versions are not remotely visually connected, unless EVERY hunched mech with gun arms is a derivative work of the MAC II. With thick enough Beer Goggles one can see something of a very mild resemblance in leg and body (more due to posture than geometry), but once you get to the most iconic aspects, the arms and overhead guns? It totally falls apart.

View PostRequiemking, on 13 July 2018 - 10:27 AM, said:

40 ton 4/6/4 mech .... with barndoor torso base art. As with anything I'm sure it can be massaged and quirked enough to not be terrible, but if it remotely is akin to the original art, it's low speed, terrible hitboxes and skinny arms, are a pretty certain death sentence.

View PostOdanan, on 13 July 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

was nicknamed Whitworthless from the get go for a reason

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook