ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:53 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 28 August 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

The loyalty rewards are coming and we get new variants... and they are nice!
https://mwomercs.com...ewards-program/

JVN-11F: MG boating Javelin
RLF-8D: Rifleman with JJ
WHM-4L: Warhammer with ECM
NTG-H: Night Gyr with ECM
MAD-IIC-2: JJ

Quite good choices. I am sad that we did not get an ECM Marauder (MAD-9S or -9M), but I like the jump capable Rifleman.

Honestly, the Clan Choices bore me (but that's OK, as long as the die hard Clanners like em) bu the IS ones seem cool.

I'll only qualify for the Rifleman, which might be fun. Pity leaving it stock won't be great since RACs still feel pretty lackluster to me. But still, Rifleman with a Pogo Stick, why not?

Soggy Bosom Javelin.... is still a Soggy Bosom Javelin, so not feeling an overwhelming urge to buy MC or anything.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 28 August 2018 - 02:15 PM.

#19602 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:59 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 28 August 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

JVN-11F: MG boating Javelin

This one makes me happy and upset at the same time.

One one hand it's great. It's an awesome variant, even if it comes from the Jihad area (I know, timeline doesn't mean anything as long as the tech is available); and it shows us that PGI is basically just going to toss MG Arrays in the trash (they don't make sense in MWO, anyway) and use the tonnage elsewhere.

On the other hand it's kinda like a sick joke. The poor SDR-5K couldn't have 6MG back in the day because that'd be "scary" and "OP". This javelin has 2 more ballistic hardpoints and 1 more energy hardpoint. The Spider just can't have nice things, it seems. This variant means that the Javelin now does almost everything the Spider does, and -for the most part- better. The only thing the Javelin doesn't have is an energy boat with ECM.

Otherwise, yeah, nice variants added through the rewards program.

#19603 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:28 PM

View PostSereglach, on 28 August 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

This one makes me happy and upset at the same time.

One one hand it's great. It's an awesome variant, even if it comes from the Jihad area (I know, timeline doesn't mean anything as long as the tech is available); and it shows us that PGI is basically just going to toss MG Arrays in the trash (they don't make sense in MWO, anyway) and use the tonnage elsewhere.

On the other hand it's kinda like a sick joke. The poor SDR-5K couldn't have 6MG back in the day because that'd be "scary" and "OP". This javelin has 2 more ballistic hardpoints and 1 more energy hardpoint. The Spider just can't have nice things, it seems. This variant means that the Javelin now does almost everything the Spider does, and -for the most part- better. The only thing the Javelin doesn't have is an energy boat with ECM.

Otherwise, yeah, nice variants added through the rewards program.

The 6 MG Spider Javelin would have a devastating effect on the back of an Atlas!

#19604 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:28 AM

So, Archer & Marauder for 2019 loyalty rewards?

#19605 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:58 AM

I was counting on the Charger, but a strong bet is also the Sagittaire.

Posted Image
EDIT: Of course, the problem with the Sagittaire is it has only 1 variant within the MWO's tech level.

Edited by Odanan, 29 August 2018 - 05:12 AM.

#19606 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:42 AM

View PostOdanan, on 29 August 2018 - 04:58 AM, said:

I was counting on the Charger, but a strong bet is also the Sagittaire.

Posted Image
EDIT: Of course, the problem with the Sagittaire is it has only 1 variant within the MWO's tech level.

I like how this mech has no right to have wings...tail fins...whatever you call the portion with the '11' on it, but it was built with them anyway.

Maybe the designer always wished they could design Aerofighters, but were assigned to mech design instead and was like..."I don't care where they put me, I'm designing something with wings damnit!" :)

The Rule of Cool always comes out on top...and it is cool looking too :).

#19607 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

From the Turtle Bay Aftermath announcement page, it looks like we'll be getting two mech pack announcements on the 31st of August rather than just one.

https://mwomercs.com...e-bay-aftermath

BONUS LOOT BAG Redeems
Bonus Redeems for 'Mech Packages
  • Champion Owners Receive 25 Bonus Redeems
  • Vapor Eagle Owners Receive 25 Bonus Redeems
  • 100th 'Mech - Coming Friday, Aug 31st - Purchase to Receive 25 Bonus Redeems
  • 101st 'Mech - Coming Friday, Aug 31st - Purchase to Receive 25 Bonus Redeems

I wonder what common theme they will share (seems implied), or will it be a Clan vs. IS pack?

#19608 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:14 PM

View PostFupDup, on 29 August 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

From the Turtle Bay Aftermath announcement page, it looks like we'll be getting two mech pack announcements on the 31st of August rather than just one.

https://mwomercs.com...e-bay-aftermath

I wonder what common theme they will share (seems implied), or will it be a Clan vs. IS pack?

Yeah, just posted about that on said Aftermath thread. Part of me would like to believe Wasp/Stinger, but given the fact that mechs are locked in months in advance, I'd think September's mechs were already locked in by the time the HG Lawsuit was dismissed with prejudice.

I'm more inclined to believe it's going to be an IS/Clan duo in relation to upcoming faction play event(s). However, I'd be pleasantly surprised to be wrong and have the first prospect come to be.

#19609 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:25 PM

Charger and Hatamoto-Chi, technically two 'Mechs but piggy back off each other and both Kurita themed to tie into the event.

Of course if so I'd prefer it be a single pack - Charger as standard pack and Hatamoto as reinforcements - and something else entirely for the second.

#19610 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:35 PM

View PostCycKath, on 29 August 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

Charger and Hatamoto-Chi, technically two 'Mechs but piggy back off each other and both Kurita themed to tie into the event.

Of course if so I'd prefer it be a single pack - Charger as standard pack and Hatamoto as reinforcements - and something else entirely for the second.

They piggy back off of each other in lore, but not MWO. For MWO, the fact that they'd both have unique models means they'd both need to be developed as completely unique mechs. It doesn't mean it couldn't be those two mechs, but it's a bit unlikely.

Also, we know, whatever they are, they come as two separate mech packs, as outlined by the bonus loot-bag rewards.

#19611 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:49 PM

View PostSereglach, on 29 August 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

They piggy back off of each other in lore, but not MWO. For MWO, the fact that they'd both have unique models means they'd both need to be developed as completely unique mechs. It doesn't mean it couldn't be those two mechs, but it's a bit unlikely.

Also, we know, whatever they are, they come as two separate mech packs, as outlined by the bonus loot-bag rewards.

If we going that route than PLEASE give us the Thug and Hatamoto anyhow, save the Charger for MW5. THEN intro it for MWO after.

#19612 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:50 PM

Hatchetman and Axeman!

(let me dream)

#19613 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:56 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 August 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

If we going that route than PLEASE give us the Thug and Hatamoto anyhow, save the Charger for MW5. THEN intro it for MWO after.

But Thug and Hatamoto are visually very different with entirely different leg/walking styles. Charger Hatamoto are more similar than most mechs, different head and torso, replace shoulder pouldrons, different knees but many shared visual components.

#19614 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:00 PM

View PostCycKath, on 29 August 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

But Thug and Hatamoto are visually very different with entirely different leg/walking styles. Charger Hatamoto are more similar than most mechs, different head and torso, replace shoulder pouldrons, different knees but many shared visual components.

still require totally different models, and simply put be a lot more interesting, visually. Charger is a key 3025 era mech, and as such makes a lot more sense NOT to release yet. Also... Thug rocks.... Charger... kinda blows. Also.. let's not forget... you won't get your versions of the Hatamoto with the Pigsticker (thank god!)

#19615 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:18 AM

I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

From NGNG #166:
Posted Image
Warhammer IIC and Rakshasa!!

Now, do I get something?

Edited by Odanan, 30 August 2018 - 03:22 AM.

#19616 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:01 AM

View PostOdanan, on 30 August 2018 - 03:18 AM, said:

I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

From NGNG #166:
Posted Image

Now, do I get something?

It looks to be a bit of a red herring Posted Image. Thanks to FLG 01 for pointing out this twitter post in another thread...
https://twitter.com/...155076259917824

Rakshasa...Nice. The Inner Sphere's effort to make a Timber Wolf for themselves. Essentially throwing arms on a Catapult Posted Image.

https://www.instagra...ton_share_sheet

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 30 August 2018 - 08:13 AM.

#19617 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:13 AM

View PostOdanan, on 30 August 2018 - 03:18 AM, said:

I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

From NGNG #166:
Posted Image

Now, do I get something?

Ha, nice one Odanan.

This makes me believe that ever since PGI went public with their mechs planned in advance, that they had everything planned all the way up to the champion. But since HG was dismissed with prejudice they now at least have the freedom to release all the remaining VMI mechs now. Hopefully they will do something like a Rifleman IIC/Charger pack next if they are indeed keeping the Longbow/Crusader/Stinger and Wasp saved for the MW5:Mercs announcement.

#19618 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:22 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 30 August 2018 - 04:01 AM, said:

It looks to be a bit of a red herring Posted Image. Thanks to FLG 01 for pointing out this twitter post in another thread...
https://twitter.com/...155076259917824

Rakshasa...Nice. The Inner Sphere's effort to make a Timber Wolf for themselves. Essentially throwing arms on a Catapult Posted Image.

https://www.instagra...ton_share_sheet

Welp, if that's the case GG.
Posted Image

#19619 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:24 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 30 August 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

Welp, if that's the case GG.
Posted Image

Who knows for sure, but it doesn't look like it.

I do hope we get a Rakshasa one day though.

#19620 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:46 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 30 August 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

Who knows for sure, but it doesn't look like it.

I do hope we get a Rakshasa one day though.

Well the thing that I don't understand is if Phil said it was earlier models of the Warhammer and Timberwolf, then why the heck does that IS Warhammer have double missile pods for each of it's shoulders? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe there is a single IS Warhammer variant that has dual missile pods. The model depicted in the NGNG podcast is more akin to a Warhammer IIC 4:

Posted Image

As for the Rakshasa, the top missile pods are indeed smaller than what you would normally see with a Timberwolf. The only other mech I could possibly think of that it could be would be the Mad Cat III. However, according to Sarna it's initial production year was 3086. One thing that has my head scratching though is that Clan Diamond Shark had a earlier production model available to the Inner Sphere in 3076 according to the Sarna page as well. I'm at a loss here.

The other thing to take into consideration is the laser hard points on the supposed Rakshasa model. Unless I'm not seeing it, I don't see another laser hard point on the arms nor on the left of the center torso.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users