#19701 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:38 AM

View PostOdanan, on 26 September 2018 - 03:35 AM, said:

I would prefer to see the Coyotl in MWO instead of the Pouncer...

That's an interesting mech too.

It sounds like a design largely forgotten by the Clans as time went on, but that doesn't mean it can't be introduced to the game.

#19702 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:27 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 26 September 2018 - 04:38 AM, said:

It sounds like a design largely forgotten by the Clans as time went on, but that doesn't mean it can't be introduced to the game.

Not "largely forgotten", it is plain "extinct".
http://www.masteruni...ls/713/coyotl-a

While MWO has introduced some extinct variants (a lot, actually), wholly extinct chassis are probably off limits. I mean, the Coyotle seems like a fine unit but I feel precedence should be given to Mechs which actually served during the FCCW-era.

I am not saying this to bash this specific Mechs, because there are some extinct Mechs I would like to see (Dragoon and Rampage), but it is a matter of principle. There are just too many beautiful Mechs in service which are available to us.

#19703 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:44 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 26 September 2018 - 05:27 AM, said:

Not "largely forgotten", it is plain "extinct".
http://www.masteruni...ls/713/coyotl-a

While MWO has introduced some extinct variants (a lot, actually), wholly extinct chassis are probably off limits. I mean, the Coyotle seems like a fine unit but I feel precedence should be given to Mechs which actually served during the FCCW-era.

I am not saying this to bash this specific Mechs, because there are some extinct Mechs I would like to see (Dragoon and Rampage), but it is a matter of principle. There are just too many beautiful Mechs in service which are available to us.

There are definitely a lot of mechs more prevalent that have yet to be added, and I'd have no problem with them being prioritized. Regardless, I still think it would be a good addition to the game, even if it was down the road.

#19704 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:32 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 26 September 2018 - 02:06 AM, said:

Is it just me, or does the name Pouncer sound more like the name of a kitten you just picked up from the pound, and less like a Battlemech Posted Image.

Looking at it in Sarna it seems pretty solid. It does remind me a lot of an Adder though.

It would be a fine enough mech to add to MWO.

More like Santa's Reindeer if he was from Grim fairy tales

#19705 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:25 PM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 26 September 2018 - 02:06 AM, said:

Is it just me, or does the name Pouncer sound more like the name of a kitten you just picked up from the pound, and less like a Battlemech Posted Image.

Looking at it in Sarna it seems pretty solid. It does remind me a lot of an Adder though.

It would be a fine enough mech to add to MWO.

I think this would be one of the best options we have. As others have clarified the jump jet quality at that weight, it essentially adds the one thing that the very solid Adder already needs badly considering its speed.

#19706 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:56 AM

So new mech sometime next week. Do we collectively think it will be clan? Seems like it might. I'd prefer a Wasp or Crusader. Just sayin'

#19707 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:43 AM

View PostMarauder3D, on 28 September 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

So new mech sometime next week. Do we collectively think it will be clan? Seems like it might. I'd prefer a Wasp or Crusader. Just sayin'

Should be today as it is the last friday of the month and monday is a new month.

#19708 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:56 AM

View PostShadowomega1, on 28 September 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

Should be today as it is the last friday of the month and monday is a new month.

It's always after the early rewards for the previous pack. So... monday?

View PostMarauder3D, on 28 September 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

Yep, Clan.

My money is on the Stone Rhino.

(Turkina instead is very possible, though)

#19709 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:22 AM

View PostOdanan, on 28 September 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

Yep, Clan.

My money is on the Stone Rhino.

(Turkina instead is very possible, though)

Stone Rhino a good bet since it is a popular design but it is also unseen. I know the lawsuit is resolved, however I don't know if and when PGI's plans were changed by that resolution. To be honest, it is such a popular design, if PGI could bring it, I don't think they'd hesitate.

Also it may not be the best choice anyway, since the Clans could use a new 80t or 95t assault Mech much better than a new 100t Mech. Gargoyle and Executioner are very restricted by their large, fixed engines. Thus, Turkina would not necessarily bad. But Phoenix Hawk IIC and Warhammer IIC are pretty hot.

But then, I don't care very much for them anyway. I want some Clan mediums, but after the Vapor Eagle there is not much need for them anymore. It the medium to end all mediums.

The Black Python, btw, would be the heavy to end all heavies.

#19710 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:31 AM

Black Python (Project Phoenix) art is really nice. I'd like to see Alex take that on.

Pouncer art is pretty questionable, so Alex might be able to make it look a lot better.

#19711 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:09 AM

Oh, and considering that I love my Adders from the bottom of my heart - a jumping Fadder is something I think I might enjoy Posted Image

#19712 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:02 AM

My game time, final vote for next week week would be Firemoth. Probably never happen, I know.

#19713 The Lighthouse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 11:16 PM

Didn't they say there will be two Clan mechs just like what we have for Charger/Hatamoto-Chi combo?

...For now I usually buy mechpack only if it is an light mech, but to be honest, after how the game's population is going down, I am not even sure whether spending further cash on this game is good idea.

#19714 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 September 2018 - 08:32 AM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 29 September 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

Didn't they say there will be two Clan mechs just like what we have for Charger/Hatamoto-Chi combo?

...For now I usually buy mechpack only if it is an light mech, but to be honest, after how the game's population is going down, I am not even sure whether spending further cash on this game is good idea.

The declining population concern comes every year and typically coincides with back to school, holidays, and specific seasonal shifts. Now that it's getting cold in the northern hemisphere and end of summer activities are winding down, people will be stuck at home and start playing more until we get to the holiday weeks. I wouldn't be concerned about the game dying yet. However, I would focus on making it well known that PGI needs to work on Faction play and do something substantial like what was originally advertised as being the goal.

#19715 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:37 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 30 September 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

The declining population concern comes every year and typically coincides with back to school, holidays, and specific seasonal shifts. Now that it's getting cold in the northern hemisphere and end of summer activities are winding down, people will be stuck at home and start playing more until we get to the holiday weeks. I wouldn't be concerned about the game dying yet. However, I would focus on making it well known that PGI needs to work on Faction play and do something substantial like what was originally advertised as being the goal.

They need to add bots to the game, even if only in Private Matches. Now they already have the MW5's AI, right?
I would love playing alongside my kids (and sure, would need to eventually buy them some mechs).

#19716 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:08 PM

View PostOdanan, on 30 September 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

They need to add bots to the game, even if only in Private Matches. Now they already have the MW5's AI, right?
I would love playing alongside my kids (and sure, would need to eventually buy them some mechs).

I am hoping that MW5 will be co-op at the very least. I'd be able to accept that being exclusive to MW5 as long as PGI starts to get their act together on delivering a much more engaging Faction Play, even if it is a feature or 2 at a time. That mode should have been a priority from the very beginning, but we have to make dam sure that they understand that FP is what is most needed to build some interest and depth in this game. You can only arena without a real objective for so long.

#19717 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:13 PM

View PostOdanan, on 30 September 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

The AI in MW5 is built on code for Unreal engine 4, MWO is build on CryEngine; furthermore the way most pilots act, they would lose to easy mode AI.

#19718 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 September 2018 - 01:47 PM

View PostShadowomega1, on 30 September 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

The AI in MW5 is built on code for Unreal engine 4, MWO is build on CryEngine;

Sure, but the logic is the same (easily adaptable).

BTW, new mech tomorrow!

#19719 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:13 PM

View PostOdanan, on 30 September 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

Sure, but the logic is the same (easily adaptable).

BTW, new mech tomorrow!

Not true actually, pathing is far easier to get working on Unreal then on Cryengine, why do you think the VIP pilots like a complete dunce.

#19720 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:38 PM

View PostShadowomega1, on 30 September 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

Not true actually, pathing is far easier to get working on Unreal then on Cryengine, why do you think the VIP pilots like a complete dunce.

Oh. OK then.

33 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 33 guests, 0 anonymous users