Ultimate Mech Discussion Thread

BattleMech Balance

20517 replies to this topic

#2821 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostOdanan, on 12 March 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Ohhh. OK... (and why is him in your sig?)

Presumably because he likes Top Gear.

#2822 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostThontor, on 12 March 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

First off, that whole thing about the Founders money being used for other games was just a false rumor going around... People have claimed it is true, but I have yet to see one of them provide evidence the money was used elsewhere.

And I've yet to see a single condemnation of it by PGI.

So no, there's no proof of all the money going towards MWO. In fact, I'd say that nearly none of it is because they haven't hired a single person, despite making over 5 million dollars from Founders, and certainly more now thanks to people buying MC.

#2823 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

View PostThontor, on 12 March 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

I'm with you on this... Back in closed beta they said their goal was two mechs a month... Now every time they are asked about that goal they are very tight lipped. Now that could be due to embarrassment... But I doubt it... You would think if they couldn't reach that goal they would just say they havent reached that goal yet... But we don't even get that... So maybe they have been creating two mechs a month for months now, to be released all at once with the Clans.

*crosses fingers*
you also have to keep in mind that since Mechwarrior living legends went under, some of PGIs help wanted adds have disappeared. The guys that did MWLL may not have had their game up to par as far as graphics go, compared to MWO... But they had a lot of great ideas and concepts going in their game. The MWLL guys also knew their Clan stuff!!! And I would not doubt it if most of them are now helping to design the Clan aspect of the game and some lol.

View PostNorris J Packard, on 12 March 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

So no, there's no proof of all the money going towards MWO. In fact, I'd say that nearly none of it is because they haven't hired a single person, despite making over 5 million dollars from Founders, and certainly more now thanks to people buying MC.
not true... Some of their help wanted positions have disappeared.

#2824 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 12 March 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

you also have to keep in mind that since Mechwarrior living legends went under, some of PGIs help wanted adds have disappeared. The guys that did MWLL may not have had their game up to par as far as graphics go, compared to MWO... But they had a lot of great ideas and concepts going in their game. The MWLL guys also knew their Clan stuff!!! And I would not doubt it if most of them are now helping to design the Clan aspect of the game and some lol.

Those guys all have jobs and said that MWLL was a part-time thing since they make more money doing what they do regularly than what you could pay them to do at a Game Studio. In addition to this when pried for information regarding when the last hire was Garth first said he didn't know, and then Paul said they haven't hired anyone.

#2825 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 12 March 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

Those guys all have jobs and said that MWLL was a part-time thing since they make more money doing what they do regularly than what you could pay them to do at a Game Studio. In addition to this when pried for information regarding when the last hire was Garth first said he didn't know, and then Paul said they haven't hired anyone.
and obviously one of them is fibbing dont you think? I mean sure we as a community ask a lot of them but they are in no way obligated to tell us anything about who's been hired, fired or sick that day and called off. The only thing we ever get is a notice when one of them goes on vacation or is out due o family matters. And that's so we don't bug the crap out of them I'm sure lol.

#2826 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 12 March 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

youd think theyd have more than 8 ppl of 42 working on our characters.
-being that our "avatars" or "characters" in the game ARE our mechs

#2827 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 12 March 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

and obviously one of them is fibbing dont you think? I mean sure we as a community ask a lot of them but they are in no way obligated to tell us anything about who's been hired, fired or sick that day and called off. The only thing we ever get is a notice when one of them goes on vacation or is out due o family matters. And that's so we don't bug the crap out of them I'm sure lol.

No I don't think that because initially PGI did several Dev interviews and even announced when they had commissioned Hayden to help them with the initial Camos. But now I am almost certain Alex just does it all since he ain't got anything else better to do, Hayden isn't a Staff Member, and Alex told me himself that he's had to do passes over the old camo.

#2828 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostThontor, on 12 March 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

I quoted an article saying saying the money was going to be used for MWO. That's a lot more evidence than there is for the money being used on other games.

And that 5 million was probably used up very quickly... Game development aint cheap. Though you are right they've made a lot more money via MC sales...

How do you know whether they've hired anyone? Have you been digging through their financial or employment records or something? You mentioned Paul said this... Where is the quote? Should I just take your hearsay word for it?

On NGNG, I have had my questions relayed almost every week now for about two months.

#2829 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 12 March 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

No I don't think that because initially PGI did several Dev interviews and even announced when they had commissioned Hayden to help them with the initial Camos. But now I am almost certain Alex just does it all since he ain't got anything else better to do, Hayden isn't a Staff Member, and Alex told me himself that he's had to do passes over the old camo.

when'd he tell you that? youre not s'posed to discuss things theyve PMmed you you know

View PostNorris J Packard, on 12 March 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

On NGNG, I have had my questions relayed almost every week now for about two months.

ask for a timeline on CW and tell them not to say "later this year" or at least admit they dont have one so those of us specifically looking for that can stop playing till they figure out wtf theyre doing with this game

#2830 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 12 March 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

when'd he tell you that? youre not s'posed to discuss things theyve PMmed you you know

A. That's not true.
B. I post all that crap all the time.

Unless they explicitly tell you not to post what you're asking them, then it's on them.

As for your other point, that's not going to happen. Today Bryan is going on there and I have two questions:

1. Where is the Concept Art?
2. Will we be getting 3050 Mech Variants?

If the concept art comes out today, then that question will be scrapped and only the second one will be asked.

#2831 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 12 March 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

A. That's not true.

Unless they explicitly tell you not to post what you're asking them, then it's on them.

As for your other point, that's not going to happen. Today Bryan is going on there and I have two questions:

If the concept art comes out today, then that question will be scrapped and only the second one will be asked.

aww too bad we cant have important questions asked I guess

#2832 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 12 March 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

A. That's not true.

Looking forward to whatever answers you get. I'm not expecting much though.

#2833 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:55 AM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 12 March 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

We don't know how much people they hired, but we know they hired at least 1: Hayden.

EDIT: already said by other members.

Edited by Odanan, 13 March 2013 - 04:00 AM.

#2834 Skylen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

ZOMG they just posted the next mech announcement FIRST CLAN MECH!!!!! MAD CAT!!

Posted Image

#2835 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

View PostSkylen, on 13 March 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2836 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

The Mad Cat could be the first Clan mech announced, I don't care. I want my new IS assault mech first.

#2837 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

Posted Image

Willa anyone claiming to find the first clan mech please think before you post? This is so bad a hoax that it's not funny anymore. There should be one more IS mech before ANY clan mechs are revealed.

#2838 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

I'm beginning to think we won't be getting any more IS mechs until after the invasion. There are too few reasons to NOT show some more concept art.

#2839 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

I think we are still a year out for OUR interaction with the invasion. There's too much lore dependent information for the first year for us to have any real impact on it. Too many novels/source books/TV shows over every aspect of the first year of the invasion. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't start fighting them until after they renewed the invasion post ilkhan election. Though there's a small window there relatively before Tukayyid.....

#2840 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

I repeat my hypothesis:
When the Clans come, we will get 4 Clan Mechs at once, one for each weight class, and after that they will come out with one Clan Mech and one IS Mech each Month, which makes two.

It's just guessing, but of all guesses I saw/read this makes the most sense.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook