20517 replies to this topic

#2861 Noonan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 153 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

I have given up all hope of there being any more mech announcements. It is pretty clear that we are dealing with a rudderless ship that has no clear direction. Every day I watch more people flee the game. I believe that things like no information flow is a HUGE cause of the exodus of my friends from this game. By the time they get around to making any announcemens, the number of people listenting will have dropped precipitously.

#2862 ciller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 486 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

@Noonan:
So many people are just waiting around for CW that it doesn't really matter if/when they announce the next mech. It wont come out for months anyhow. Granted it is disappointing, I give you that much but as soon as CW comes around and clan mechs are playable, that is when we will see a large increase in both new users and the return of many old players.

If you are tired of the lack of current content and the speed of updates then you might want to consider a break - many others have taken one. Leaving a game you enjoy permanently because the people working on it are not as fast as you would like doesn't seem like a good enough reason.

#2863 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

View Postciller, on 14 March 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

@Noonan:
So many people are just waiting around for CW that it doesn't really matter if/when they announce the next mech. It wont come out for months anyhow. Granted it is disappointing, I give you that much but as soon as CW comes around and clan mechs are playable, that is when we will see a large increase in both new users and the return of many old players.

If you are tired of the lack of current content and the speed of updates then you might want to consider a break - many others have taken one. Leaving a game you enjoy permanently because the people working on it are not as fast as you would like doesn't seem like a good enough reason.

I agree with your statement but I'm also a realest too and with out a steady revenue stream coming in to keep the game development going until reaching that point the game will die before it ever gets there. This is why future content needs to be announced and the work being conducted on it discuss along with teaser views of the work to keep your player base here..............

Edited by CutterWolf, 14 March 2013 - 08:32 AM.

#2864 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostCutterWolf, on 14 March 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

I agree with your statement but I'm also a realest too and with out a steady revenue stream coming in to keep the game development going until reach that point the game will die before it ever gets there. This is why future content needs to be announced and the work being conducted on it discuss along with teaser views of the work to keep your player base here..............

This. ^

#2865 ciller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 486 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

I'm not sure how long 5 million lasts from the founders program, nor how much money IGP has given them, nor how much they make from ongoing MC sales (at least another million or a few more by the sounds of it), nor how much revenue and savings they accumulated from past titles they have released - but i do know that the many millions of dollars PGI does have should be enough to work on this game for quite awhile.

Consider Star Citizen with a total of around 8 million in funding right now (lets say equivalent to MWO) with plans to develop the game for another 2 years with about 6 months/1year of work already being done on it. The more money they received didn't change how long they could work on it but rather how much they could put into the game -each monetary goal they reached during crowd funding allowed them to put in more features for launch.

What PGI needs to do with all their money is hire the plethora of programers and designers that are currently unemployed or underemployed due to the many fine gaming houses that have went under in the last while.

There should easily be enough funding and enough man power to do any amount of work needed at this point regardless of how much money trickles in over the next 6 months and if they were properly run, 2 years.

Edited by ciller, 14 March 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#2866 Ens

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

seems like they´re waiting for aprils fool day ;)

#2867 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostEns, on 14 March 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

seems like they´re waiting for aprils fool day ;)

Well with the media blackout and the lack of content in general, I really hope they are gearing up for something special in the next couple of weeks.

#2868 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

weeks you say? WEEKS? ;)

#2869 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

I posted this in the suggestions and it would be nice to see you guys comment on it.

http://mwomercs.com/...hrow-us-a-bone/

#2870 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostCutterWolf, on 14 March 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

I posted this in the suggestions and it would be nice to see you guys comment on it.

http://mwomercs.com/...hrow-us-a-bone/

Your name reminds me of something
Posted Image

#2871 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

doh, no mech #20 yet!, Devastator or Banshee I'm not that picky oi!Posted Image

#2872 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

There´s been something lacking again:

Posted Image

ZEUS!
"looking cool and being well rounded since 2787"

still eagerly waiting to get this baby in the game!!!

Edited by Ens, 15 March 2013 - 06:28 AM.

#2873 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

Does anyone believe there is a possibility that they're following the lore at this point and that after the blackout they'll be like "From the office of the Primus of Comstar: Many new hostile mechs have made their appearance in the Inner Sphere." And release a bunch at once? Even if only in art rendering.

I believe that they are hard at work behind the scenes. Has anyone checked the rumor forums about anything that might cause this info blackout?

If they blew through $5+ million in 9 months they deserve to fail as a company, but since they haven't yet I don't think they will anytime soon.

Edited by Colddawg, 16 March 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#2874 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

Maybe... if they did they could even throw in IS 20, as a response from Comstar like releasing the King Crab or something.

#2875 Cferre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 290 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

View Postder langsamere, on 12 March 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_may

AKA Der Langsamere AKA Captain Slow AKA The Slow One

The name makes sense when you use it in (original) english. Not in german [redacted]

Edited by miSs, 15 March 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#2876 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

View PostColddawg, on 15 March 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

If they blew through $5+ million in 9 months they deserve to fail as a company, but since they haven't yet I don't think they will anytime soon.

nice assumption
then again the assumption that they did is one too.
So all you have left is faith. Why again? What has this company done that deserves to have that faith placed in them in your opinion?

#2877 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 15 March 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

nice assumption
then again the assumption that they did is one too.
So all you have left is faith. Why again? What has this company done that deserves to have that faith placed in them in your opinion?

What have they done to not deserve my blind faith?

#2878 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

View Postcdlord, on 15 March 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

What have they done to not deserve my blind faith?

Well first, admitting that its blind faith is telling.
Second: I prefer companies that I invest faith into to have some kind of track record to back it up, that way Im not dissapointed, but thats me.

Thirdly; their background as far as developed games they've worked on previously:
Games developed

#2879 Cferre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 290 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

View Postder langsamere, on 15 March 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

Youd have to see Top Gear, specifically the one where he drives the Bugatti Veyron and for about five minutes becomes the fastest production driver in the world.
He notes the irony of it, that he, "captain slow, der Langsamere..." would drive the fastest production car in the world and take it to its limits.
Then again, his time is beaten a few minutes later by Bugatti's test driver lol

I watch TG every week lol, thats not the point. ;) The point is that you have translated your name in German and have not kept it in the language it originated from. And thus losing it's sentimental purpose.

Edited by Cferre, 15 March 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#2880 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

Its already a better mech game than the ones that came before it, so why not have faith that it will continue to get better?

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook