Ultimate Mech Discussion Thread

BattleMech Balance

20517 replies to this topic

#3301 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

View PostB3RZ3RK3R, on 17 April 2013 - 01:15 AM, said:

And an order of King Krab. ^^

King Crab is a different beast.

It needs crit pélitting, or it will just be an overweight Jagermech... which is not good.

#3302 RapierE01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

Hmmm... maybe Zeus?

#3303 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 16 April 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

Well.... so much for clan speculation.... Guess we WILL be getting both the Banshee and Zeus.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2249609

Wow... that's some really precious info. Updated the OP.

(we might get the UrbanMech, after all...)

#3304 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

With the new info about the clans further away than we thought.
What if #20 isnt one mech but 6. One for every faction. If i remember right one of the incentives for holding an enemys front is to get access to mechs.

#3305 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

View PostWieland, on 17 April 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

With the new info about the clans further away than we thought.
What if #20 isnt one mech but 6. One for every faction. If i remember right one of the incentives for holding an enemys front is to get access to mechs.

Devs stated that they have 5 more designs ready to be shown. With the clans so far in the future, we're clearly speaking of the 5th unannounced assault and 1 more mech for each weight class for a total of 24.

Given the lack of announcements I'd not be surprised that they are doing this to cover the lack of released mechs, because I think we'll reach 24 IS mechs and we won't be seeing much else until the clans, and we'll get 20 omnis + 4 IICs (HBK, Orion, Highlander and Jenner).

#3306 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

six mechs before the Clans arrive, Banshee, Zeus, Dervish, Crab, Hoplite,Thunderbolt...my guess!

#3307 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 18 April 2013 - 02:54 AM, said:

Devs stated that they have 5 more designs ready to be shown. With the clans so far in the future, we're clearly speaking of the 5th unannounced assault and 1 more mech for each weight class for a total of 24.

Given the lack of announcements I'd not be surprised that they are doing this to cover the lack of released mechs, because I think we'll reach 24 IS mechs and we won't be seeing much else until the clans, and we'll get 20 omnis + 4 IICs (HBK, Orion, Highlander and Jenner).

Makes sense, but how will they space out the announcements of the concepts? Perhaps one for every month starting May, it would line up with the target launch time. Then start the same procedure with the Clan mechs til they're ready to be added. Or we could go into another limbo of no concept announcements and then we will get a set of Clan mechs.

#3308 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

They keep saying soon.

I don't think that word means what they think it means. Even two months could be soon. Half a year isn't soon.

#3309 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostB3RZ3RK3R, on 18 April 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

Makes sense, but how will they space out the announcements of the concepts? Perhaps one for every month starting May, it would line up with the target launch time. Then start the same procedure with the Clan mechs til they're ready to be added. Or we could go into another limbo of no concept announcements and then we will get a set of Clan mechs.

With the latest interview, clans will start to get available basically 1 year from now, always if they will meet the development targets so.. my guess is similar to yours, we'll start to see the 5th unannounced assault the next month and from then we'll have the remaining announcements with the last IS mech released for September.

After this supposedly we'll start to see the concepts of the clan mechs, but we'll put our dirty hands on them way into 2014.

View PostBelorion, on 18 April 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

They keep saying soon.

I don't think that word means what they think it means. Even two months could be soon. Half a year isn't soon.

How many months without an announcement? Wasn't the last the Orion? An entire quarter without..

#3310 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

NGNG 68

Interview with Mr. B. Ekman

He states that the release schedule is Assault, Medium, Heavy, Assault, Light.

Now I thought that might be a gaffe. But if not it means, Highlander in April (done), Blackjack in May (known), Orion in June, an unrevealed assault in July, and the Flea in August. Maybe the last medium in September? Anyway. I wouldn't expect to see the unrevealed assault until 6 weeks prior to release at earliest.

Edited by KitK, 18 April 2013 - 05:59 AM.

#3311 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

I would be fairly surprised if this game lasts another holiday release cycle. Too much will be happening this Christmas for them to be able to compete.

#3312 Herodes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

The game / franchise has a fanbase that goes beyond the latest and greatest in computer gaming. Which is why I am here. I wouldn't bother playing a simple robot game, but I am here for Battletech.

#3313 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostHerodes, on 18 April 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

The game / franchise has a fanbase that goes beyond the latest and greatest in computer gaming. Which is why I am here. I wouldn't bother playing a simple robot game, but I am here for Battletech.

Yes I agree. Same could be said for just about any popular franchise, but the game needs much more than just the Hardcore battletech fans to be successful and profitable.

#3314 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 18 April 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

How many months without an announcement? Wasn't the last the Orion? An entire quarter without..

and I don't expect an announcement until mid June at the earliest. So Orion in December to June, a six month break in the announcements. That's quite a break. I can understand if they wanted to catch up with the actual release, but they could have said: Hey look guys, we will be unveiling the next mech at E3, or PAX, or what ever it is they have planned.

#3315 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostKitK, on 18 April 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

But if not it means, Highlander in April (done), Blackjack in May (known), Orion in June, an unrevealed assault in July, and the Flea in August. Maybe the last medium in September? Anyway. I wouldn't expect to see the unrevealed assault until 6 weeks prior to release at earliest.

View PostBelorion, on 18 April 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

and I don't expect an announcement until mid June at the earliest. So Orion in December to June, a six month break in the announcements. That's quite a break. I can understand if they wanted to catch up with the actual release, but they could have said: Hey look guys, we will be unveiling the next mech at E3, or PAX, or what ever it is they have planned.

If they keep the current pace of a monthly mech release, then yes it's highly probable that we'll have the announcement for the 5th assault quite away from us yet..
We'll have the 6th medium in september, 6th heavy in october, 6th assault november, 6th light december..

Assuming that they successfully meet official release for September, we would be "covered" by monthly mech releases for this whole year; but then what? They stated TWO to THREE quarters for the clans. It means that to see the first clan mech we could be waiting for 2014's summer if not autumn. Under a point of view I'm happy that they are planning things so far in the future but on the other side I don't know how long they'll keep me hooked to the game if they quit for months to give me further content and I don't really think we'll ever see more than 6 mechs per class in the IS stable..

#3316 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

The mechs that are to be added are great. But the unseen question doesnt make sense in many ways. I have seen versions of mechs that could be descibed as being similar to the Marauder on tv shows and other places to. Same with the Hornet and Phoenix Hawk.

These styles of mechs are as common to the sci-fi universe as a 2 door or 4 door car and so on is to the automobile ;)

Would be nice to see a mid sized sedan like the "insert name here" or a muscle car on roids carrying two howitzers like the "blank" on the battlefield B) The unseen reseen question is silly lol.

As a player I would like to pilot some cool mechs is all. Not be limited by some really thin excuses to limit the classes of mechs we can have. Again either way the mechs out so far look great. Can't wait for more. two thumbs up.

#3317 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

I wouldn't go so far as to give them two thumbs. They're doing good work but this content blackout in regards to new 'mechs is unbearable. They have to be seeing the steady decrease in players/games that's happening and it will continue until they can increase the amount of content introduced to the game.

On the question of how many 'mechs should be in the game I personally think 80-90% of chassis designs should be planned to be released. This isn't a true TT remake until you can look in your pouch, pick out any 'mech you want, even rare and unseen, and play it. Be ambitious and go for it. Yes many 'mechs have similar builds but if you look at their background and looks there's a reason why they were designed.

#3318 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

I really hope they will give us 4 more IS mechs to fill the space until the Clans arrive. That way, I could forgive this blackout (even tough I don't think it was necessary - we knew the mechs were taking 6 months to be in the game, there is no harm in continue to show the concept arts to us).

#3319 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

yeah and for the sake of Birdeater and myself.... there would still be a chance to get ZEUS and! Banshee...

everybody happy.... wwwhhhheeeeeeeeeeee ;)

#3320 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostEns, on 19 April 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

yeah and for the sake of Birdeater and myself.... there would still be a chance to get ZEUS and! Banshee...

everybody happy.... wwwhhhheeeeeeeeeeee :unsure:

I will be happy when I have my Banshee, and then I will really be happy with a side order of Devastator :D

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users