#4201 BarHaid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostAdridos, on 27 June 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

What's so bad about such mechanical claws?

It gives it less generical humanoid look while still being true to the IS heritage of using hand acutators.

They just look too fragile to withstand repeated bashing against another mech's cockpit. The Awesome has a nice looking non-humanoid claw, but the T-bolt's don't look like they could do more than grab cargo containers.

#4202 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

Personally I like it but I would rather have seen something closer to this:Posted Image
for the body and the right arm weapon while I do love the round missile launcher. Not sure if the above pic is the unseen or the reseen but I think it looks better. With the current design it just looks like a modified Awesome with the cockpit moved slightly to the left, a missile launcher on its shoulder, and a right hand instead of a cannon but oh well too late to change it now.

#4203 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 27 June 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Personally I like it but I would rather have seen something closer to this:Posted Image
for the body and the right arm weapon while I do love the round missile launcher. Not sure if the above pic is the unseen or the reseen but I think it looks better. With the current design it just looks like a modified Awesome with the cockpit moved slightly to the left, a missile launcher on its shoulder, and a right hand instead of a cannon but oh well too late to change it now.

Man, both are very similar. This one above is amazing, but more Gundam style (and with a too big weapon in the arm).
I loved the FD rendition and I would take an AC/20 round for it.

#4204 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

It gives it less generical humanoid look while still being true to the IS heritage of using hand acutators.

for one thing they just don't LOOK right on that chassis.

#4205 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

I like the Tbolt, but those claws :rolleyes: . supposed to have two big mitts, and be a thug! Posted Image

Edited by SgtMagor, 27 June 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#4206 Joachim Viltry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA, Terra, SOL System, Inner Sphere

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

The round launcher from the original, the shoulders from the reseen. Looks like a nice blend of concepts really. Damn claws are odd though.

Honestly, keeping the Launcher round bodes well for the future appearance/implementation of the Summoner (Thor); which is after all just an Omni-mech revision of the T-bolt concept. And as such DESERVES a nice round launcher, not a polygon saving hexagonal drum, like in MW4.

Yeah I know that officially "The Summoner earned the Inner Sphere code name Thor for its powerful, yet simple arsenal." but REALLY it's because it looks like the mother of all Thunderbolts, so why not name it after the god there-of, eh?

For the first time in a while, I am actually hopeful that things are going places with this game.

also, THUNDERBOLT!

#4207 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostJoachim Viltry, on 27 June 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

The round launcher from the original, the shoulders from the reseen. Looks like a nice blend of concepts really. Damn claws are odd though.

Honestly, keeping the Launcher round bodes well for the future appearance/implementation of the Summoner (Thor); which is after all just an Omni-mech revision of the T-bolt concept. And as such DESERVES a nice round launcher, not a polygon saving hexagonal drum, like in MW4.

Yeah I know that officially "The Summoner earned the Inner Sphere code name Thor for its powerful, yet simple arsenal." but REALLY it's because it looks like the mother of all Thunderbolts, so why not name it after the god there-of, eh?

For the first time in a while, I am actually hopeful that things are going places with this game.

also, THUNDERBOLT!

very true about the THOR.

Summoner (Thor) is pretty obviously the Omni-TBolt
Hellbringer = Omni-Warhammer
MadDog = Omni-Archer/Rifleman hybrid
TimberWolf = Omni-Marauder/Catapult hybrid.

DNA is pretty obvious on all the Heavy Omnis.

Though you know which Unseen I really wish we could get from the visual perspective?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Drop an XL in one so you can move faster than an Atlas and that bad boy was beyond BEAST in TT. 4 Large Pulse Lasers, JJs, and the heat sinks to use em!

#4208 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

I seriously wonder what would raise more $$$ for PGI, the Phoenix Project or Hero UrbanMech? :rolleyes:

There is a massive cult around the Urbie, even the unseen crowd doesn't make this much noise. I personally think the Urbie are loved by so many just because they could completely humiliate their opponents! Thoughts/Opinions?

Posted Image

Edited by Maverick01, 27 June 2013 - 06:00 PM.

#4209 Jenkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostOdanan, on 27 June 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:

The Assassin, on the other hand, would be interesting. Lighter fast jumping medium with energy+missiles and just enough variants.
Posted Image

I'd like to see an Assassin in as well. Quite a cool mech IMO

#4210 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

I like the claws.

#4211 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostMaverick01, on 27 June 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

I seriously wonder what would raise more $$$ for PGI, the Phoenix Project or Hero UrbanMech? :rolleyes:

There is a massive cult around the Urbie, even the unseen crowd doesn't make this much noise. I personally think the Urbie are loved by so many just because they could completely humiliate their opponents! Thoughts/Opinions?

Posted Image

Urbie! Urbie! Urbie!

Though Iron ]hawk's model needs the AC mounted Higher and bulked up a bit as it always felt a little.. tiny.

#4212 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

Posted Image
Maeve wolf kills Alpin wolf in her thunderbolt
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Maeve_Wolf

Perhaps this might explain the reason why the thunderbolt have those claws

Now get in my belly! Chomp chomp!

:)

Edited by Tkhaw, 27 June 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#4213 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostBarHaid, on 27 June 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

They just look too fragile to withstand repeated bashing against another mech's cockpit.

So it's not the design itself, just the size of them...

#4214 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:11 AM

That thunderbolt looks huge. If it looks so huge from the artwork I don't want to imagine how big that thing is in game, it will be wider than an AWS.

By this I am even more unconvinced by the phoenix packs, the choice reduces all down to the battlemaster, partially on the shadow hawk so I don't want both locust and TB. I hope they'll rethink and add some intermediate tiers where you can chose 1-2-3 mechs.

#4215 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

View PostAdridos, on 27 June 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

So it's not the design itself, just the size of them...

Exactly. I would personally prefer humanoid hands on the T-bolt, but the claws work too. They just need to have some heft to them. I am also liking the Shadow Hawk's double thumb hand more and more. One thumb good, two thumbs better!

#4216 Khanahar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

View PostBelorion, on 27 June 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

Since we are talking about Februaries mech, unless they go to 2 a month.

Correct me if I'm wrong: if the Overlord packs drop (get it?) with the Battlemaster, that means they will have to have completed modeling on the BLR by October. Which means reving up 'mech production in a serious way. Perhaps for Clans? November, December, and January the 'mech team surely isn't going to take off work, so probably they'll be working on the Clanners we expect early summer. If they actually plan to have the Phoenix 'mechs ready by October (even if most folks don't have them), then they've already stepped up production in a serious way, meaning they could conceivably get 8 or more Clan 'mechs ready by the time they pop, which would be about right. (I just hope they understand that 4 of those need to be the iconic heavies, and 2 at least assaults. Personally, I'm hoping for 5v12 with Clanners having a higher drop limit/average)

Still no idea where the Orion fits in. Which is weird given the money-making potential of the heroes they could offer.

View PostJoachim Viltry, on 27 June 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Anybody else want to set up ghetto Omnis now? Tbolt could do Thor Prime, Quickdraw maybe Vulture (or Ryoken)... Half the Awesomes and Stalkers out there are already ghetto Masakaris.

#4217 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

If Orion is the September mech, and they launch in September, then Orion is the launch mech, not a bad spot to be in. The Kerensky hero in time for launch.

#4218 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

Ohhh my... Battlemaster is fantastic (and 10 hardpoints!).
A perfect blend of the Unseen and the Reseen.
Nice job, Iglesias!

#4219 Joachim Viltry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA, Terra, SOL System, Inner Sphere

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostOdanan, on 28 June 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

I wholeheartedly Concur. This is the best one yet, in that there is nothing that I can quibble about aesthetically. It is ideal.

#4220 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostOdanan, on 28 June 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

Ohhh my... Battlemaster is fantastic (and 10 hardpoints!).
Nice job, Iglesias!

artistically, totally agree.

in-game, it will rampantly demonstrate the need for sized hardpoints (hint: 4-6 upper torso PPCs, while the arm, where it is SUPPOSED to mount a big gun will probably have nothing). Without a serious re-consider of how hard-points work this model will just continue the MetaRape.
http://mwomercs.com/...zed-hardpoints/

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users