• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostEns, on 18 July 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

oh ZEUS, where are you? ;)

I got their Hero version right about ........
Posted Image
^^^^^^^^^^HERE^^^^^^^^^^^

#4422 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 July 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

They function exactly as the fluff describes, as a "Claw-like Protective housing for the weapon barrels. The covers actually open and close in combat, an effect that gives them the appearance of pincers or claws".

In retrospect, those claws, as the hand actuators could be used for grabbing or meleeing the enemy. Or holding the enemy in place to unleash AC/20's.

#4423 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

Do you guys think that we'll ever see the possibility of IIC variants based on each mech we have now?

Jenner IIC debuted in 2784
Hunchback IIC debuted in 2856
Orion IIC debuted in 2841
Highlander IIC debuted in 2858

Along with the arrival of Project Phoenix, these IIC variants could also happen in the future:
Locust IIC debuted in 2832
Shadow Hawk IIC debuted in 2781

Edited by Will9761, 18 July 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#4424 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

probably see IIC mechs after the main front line Clan mechs are available. Dire Wolf, etc.

Edited by SgtMagor, 18 July 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#4425 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:36 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 18 July 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

In retrospect, those claws, as the hand actuators could be used for grabbing or meleeing the enemy. Or holding the enemy in place to unleash AC/20's.

I'd like to see those claws function like missile bay doors. Since the missile launcher on the KC doesn't have missile doors, the same key (L) can be used to open and close them. When closed, they provide extra protection to the weapon. Could improve the survivability of a Gauss variant.....

#4426 Ens

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:31 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 July 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

I got their Hero version right about ........
[posted image]
^^^^^^^^^^HERE^^^^^^^^^^^

do want!!!

#4427 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

Hey Odanan,
Posted Image

I found your favortitst medium mech of all!

:ph34r:

#4428 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

Now with pictures!!! My big arse post of 'mechs I'd like to see in game, even with a Reseen/Unseen section...which unfortunately has most of the Unseens we won't ever see. lol.

LIGHT:

Mercury - The reason the Clans have their OmniMechs is because of the lore of this little guy. It's as light as a Commando except it's base speed is MUCH faster, though with MW:O caps it'll be just as fast as any other light 'mech. It's base variant mounts at least 4 energy hard points, and gives the devs an excuse to try to figure out how to fit MASC into the game (although I'm unsure of MASC's reintroducton into the IS.) However, most of it's variants are carbon copies so it'd have to go the way of the Spider and be given extra hardpoints.

http://www.sarna.net...Mercury.jpg.png

Panther - Why not have the Panther after putting the Dragon in game? Has enough variants to vary it up a bit, and while it might be slow (which is usually anathema to light mechs in MW:O,) it has a really strong punch for it's size while carrying jump jets. It's an alternative to the all laser boating Wolfhound, but only by so much.

Possible Hero Mechs:
Minobu Tetsuhara, friend of Jaime Wolf and founder of the Ryuken, originally piloted his family's Panther, a mech nicknamed Katana Kat. Later he would switch to a Vindicator, and later still he would pilot a Dragon. Katana Kat would pass to his brother, Fuhito Tetsuhara, who used it successfully during the Fourth Succession War.

Tomoe Sakade, wife of Theodore Kurita, used a Panther during her early career, up until its destruction during the Fourth Succession War.

http://www.sarna.net...25_Panther1.jpg

Wolfhound - The Wolfhound is definitely a favorite in universe and out, and I'd personally love to see this little 'mech make it into MW:O. It's fast enough to be as fast as the rest of the lights while still mounting great armor and weaponry, and Alex's concept art would probably be mind blowing (like all the others are.) I've been a fan of this 'mech for a VERY long time, and it's my favorite for next light to be included...but I'd be happy that it got in at all down the road. Also...

Possible Hero Mechs:
Daniel Allard, who received one of the prototypes in 3028 after the destruction of his Valkyrie in 3027. Originally a stock WLF-1 model, it was later upgraded to WLF-2 standard and finally with Clan-tech weapons salvaged from the Battle of Luthien. Allard continued to pilot his Wolfhound even after rising to overall command of the Kell Hounds up until his death on Graceland in 3069 during combat against Clan Jade Falcon.

Phelan Kell, son of Morgan Kell, also piloted a Wolfhound while serving with the Hounds until his capture by Clan Wolf in 3049. After being dissected and studied by Clan scientists, when Phelan was granted full warrior status Khan Ulric Kerensky authorized the reconstruction of his Wolfhound to become the aforementioned Wolfhound IIC variant.

http://www.sarna.net...f/Wolfhound.jpg

MEDIUM:

Clint - Fast, jumps, and has a lot of variants. I like it much better then the alternatives (unless we get the Unseen/Reseen, covered later.) Another 'mech I'd like to see Alex tackle, visually.

http://www.sarna.net...3025_Clint1.jpg

HEAVY:

Axman - Forget a second that it's got a melee weapon, which pretty much nulifies this mech just by that virtue. Or don't, and just read on anyway for the fun of it! It's kinda slow (but that's fixable,) and it carries jump jets. Has a decent amount of variants (one with ECM!!!) and pretty much any Mechwarrior knows this Battlemech, in universe and out. Could always go the route pictured below to fit it into the game.

Possible Hero Mechs:
Adam Steiner piloted a AXM-2N variant at the opening of the Clan Invasion. The 6X variant was developed primarily in the hopes of pandering to the Archon's use of the Axman during the Clan Invasion.

Information is ammunition, baby!

http://www.sarna.net..._Axeman.jpg.png

Guillotine - I'd prefer this over the other non unseen/reseen Battlemechs. Old Star League design with decent variants (though, not super varied,) mounts jump jets, and would just look cool redone.

http://www.sarna.net...try_%282%29.jpg

ASSAULT:

Hatamoto-Chi - Because Space Samurai. I'm drawn to this 'mech aesthetically. While I really want this or the Cyclops to be the next Assault, I'm doing it purely off of how it looks because it's variants don't vary at all. It's a cooler looking Thug, and has a lore link to the Charger that's kind of interesting.

Possible Hero Mechs:
HTM-27T Hatamoto-Chi Daniel - Personally awarded by Coordinator Takashi Kurita to Sorenson’s Sabres commander Daniel Sorenson in the lead-up to the War of 3039, the 'Mech Daniel received was a bridging design between the early field-test HTM-26T and the later production HTM-27T. Dropping two tons of armor and outfitted with a bulkier and less refined Endo-Steel chassis, enough weight was saved to mount a pair of experimental Luthien Armor Works developed LB 10-X AC prototypes in it arms and a pair of Telos SRM-4 launchers in its chest. A ton of reloads for each SRM launcher and four tons of autocannon reloads in its CASE protected side torsos kept the 'Mech in the thick of battle.

http://www.sarna.net...amoto-Kaeru.jpg

Cyclops - This 'mech needs a redesign visually from Alex, and it'd be a good solid choice for the next Assault due to it's weight and decent variants (though, many are almost identicle but that can be padded out.) Good candidate for ECM on another Assault, and is often seen as another strong command style mech. This is the 'mech I want to see above all others as the next Assault.

Possible Hero Mech:
General Ariana Winston, Commanding Officer of the Eridani Light Horse between 3045 to 3060, piloted a modified Cyclops which featured a dual-cockpit for command and coordination purposes. She is perhaps best known for assuming command of the reborn SLDF's Task Force Serpent after Morgan Hasek-Davion's assassination and leading the bloody campaign to destroy Clan Smoke Jaguar on their homeworld of Huntress, though she was killed during the effort.

http://www.sarna.net...yclops1.jpg.png

RESEEN/UNSEEN: (Posting while fully knowing we may NEVER seen the Unseen.)

Valkyrie - Small, fast, can jump, and has a number of variants. Can't do much with 30 tons and it really ends up being another Spider, but we need some new takes on these old Unseen so we can get over all the hooplah once and for all. I've always liked the Valkyrie, and in the end the light field is covered with anything unique already with what's in game...it's mostly preference at this point and I'd prefer to see this.

http://www.sarna.net...5_Valkyrie1.jpg

Ostscout - It's a pod with legs, but hoping Alex would change that (as he has done so awesome for so many 'mechs.) I've liked this 'mech in table top and prefer it over Ravens for various reason, not all due to their perfomances. This 'mech really wouldn't survive MW:O due to it's paltry and bad variants as electronic warfare is important...but not nearly as powerful as it is in TT.

http://www.sarna.net...stscout.jpg.png

Phoenix_Hawk - This damn machine has more variants then you can shake a stick at. Lower end of the weight scale for Mediums, but it's got it all where it counts. It's a real workhorse medium and a 'mech I'd dearly love see get a redesign. Especially because of...

Possible Hero Mech:
Shin Yodama piloted a Phoenix Hawk for much of his early career in the DCMS, including the Clan Invasion.

http://www.sarna.net...x-3025phawk.jpg

Wolverine The Wolverine is a beast of a Medium 'mech. It's THE Medium 'mech, and it lives up to it's name tenfold. It would also **** off them vatborn Clannerds to get killed by one. :ph34r: It's got everything, speed, armor, the weaponry to take on anything, and has a good number of variants. Of all the Mediums out there, I want this more then anything else and I'd die a happy Mechwarrior. I'd also kill to see Alex redsign it, oh yes.

Not to mention...

Possible Hero Mechs:

Salome Ward piloted a Star League-era Wolverine for nearly her entire career, from her early adventures with the Kell Hounds to the Battle of Luthien.

(For the uninitiated, this is Phelan Kell's mother.)

http://www.solaris7....0Wolverine1.JPG

Thunderbolt - Lives up to it's name, it's basically an A-10 walking. Varied armament and quite a few variants, this would be one of my favorite Unseen to be added to the game (behind the Wolverine, if it REALLY came down to it.) Glad that it's been added, this entry is mostly for info on it's possible Hero variant.

Possible Hero Mechs:
TDR-5S-T Thunderbolt Tallman - The personal ‘Mech of Bremond DMM commander Leftenant-General Mary Tallman during the DCMS's Third Succession War invasion of Galtor III, only the large laser remains, with the rest of the standard weaponry replaced with a brace of four medium lasers in each side torso. The remaining weight and space is devoted to eight additional heat sinks.

Warhammer - I don't even have to write a description. I really don't. But I'm going to anyway! Probably the most iconic Battlemech in all of Battletech, the Warhammer is the machine most people first think of (unless they're dirty Clanners,) and is basically the face of Battletech for most of us. It has a good spread of weapons, it sits at 75 tons making it a good weight to allow for customization...and well it's the bloody Warhammer! It's not like one of the two most deadliest pilots in all of the Inner Sphere pilots it or anything and is the most high profile, even above Kai Allard-Liao (who's technically in game already.)

Possible Hero Mechs:

*Natasha Kerensky piloted a jet black Warhammer while still serving with Wolf's Dragoons. (Who doesn't love the Black Widow?)

Colonel Donovan Fresnel of the 75th Royal Hussar Regiment became the first SLDF "Gunslinger" to achieve a draw against a DCMS Marauder in 2687 on the world of Minakuchi during an hour-long duel.

Tai-sa Yorinaga Kurita was a House Kurita warrior who gained notoriety for killing Ian Davion and battling mercenary Colonel Morgan Kell.

http://www.sarna.net...rhammer.jpg.png

#4429 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

just to throw all the purists into an uproar........
Posted Image

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 19 July 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#4430 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 July 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

OH THE HORROR!!!!

j/k :P

#4431 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

I wonder if the August Creative Director Update will announce another 'Mech just like the Quickdraw? :P

#4432 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Posted Image

So... the BT-ized version of the Exia? :P :huh:Posted Image

#4433 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:50 AM

Evangelion?

PS: you are on fire, mister!

#4434 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

Is it just me or does anyone else get anxious about the next 'Mech announcement?

Edited by Maverick01, 20 July 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#4435 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 July 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Posted Image

Really good! ;)

#4436 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostMaverick01, on 20 July 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Is it just me or does anyone else get anxious about the next 'Mech announcement?

Yeah, I used to. And then I realized that it's probably going to be another Quickdraw, if we get one at all.

#4437 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostMaverick01, on 20 July 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Always.

Next: Banshee or Assassin or FIrestarter

(or Cyclops or Clint or UrbanMech)

#4438 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostOdanan, on 20 July 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Always.

has to be the BansheePosted Image

#4439 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

naaaaaaahhhhhh !!!! ;)

#4440 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostOdanan, on 20 July 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Always.

did somebody say URBANMECH?!?!??!?!?!
Posted Image

never happen though. It would make the DEVS too much money.

52 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 52 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook