Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

I Gotta work on a new Exclaibur.....

#4782 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

I am interested in seeing what they come up on hardpoints with for the Griffin myself.

55 ton, Jump Capable mech with energy + missiles for primary armament. Could be a great combo.

The 65 ton Exterminator would also be a nice option depending on how they came up with hardpoints especially since at least one variant would offer room for 4 arm mounted lasers + Toros mounted ballastics and missiles.

An Axeman would be awesome as well. Don't even care about the axe being functional or not, just like the loadout.

And lastly, my ultimate light mech:

Firestarter FS9-S1 which is basically a humanoid shaped Jenner F with fully articulated arms and ECM.

I WOULD KILL FOR THIS MECH!!!

To be honest, I would kill for the Firestarter in any variant even if they didn't have an ECM one. The loadouts on these mechs are amazing and there are at least 5 variants.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 12 August 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#4783 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:42 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 12 August 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

The 65 ton Exterminator would also be a nice option depending on how they came up with hardpoints especially since at least one variant would offer room for 4 arm mounted lasers + Toros mounted ballastics and missiles.

Due to the Exterminator's lore, it doesn't have enough variants to be included at this time. It's got it's main Star League era variant which can't be used as it has technology that MW:O won't add to the game (as both the Null Signature System and Chameleon Light Polarization Shield never make it past the Star League leaving really,) and it's downgraded 3025 era variant. Next available variant doesn't come around until the Inner Sphere rediscovers the Null Sig and Chameleon systems, which is a good bit past the current timeline. So for right now it's out, though it could definitely be added down the road...maybe.

I'm actually more interested in them adding in the Spector once it becomes available in 3053, but it runs into a lot more of the same issues the Exterminator has. I personally don't ever want to see the Null system in nor the CPLS, but the 'mechs wouldn't be bad to have down the road even if modified without them. Sadly, neither have many variants in any case.

Axman would be awesome though....as soon as we either get melee or they completely remove the ax. lol

#4784 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:50 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 August 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

next heavy mech, did somebody say

LANCELOT?!?!?!
Posted Image

Holly crap, Bishop!

#4785 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

This looks good, I'll take the knight version of the Lancelot anytime.

#4786 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 13 August 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

Due to the Exterminator's lore, it doesn't have enough variants to be included at this time. It's got it's main Star League era variant which can't be used as it has technology that MW:O won't add to the game (as both the Null Signature System and Chameleon Light Polarization Shield never make it past the Star League leaving really,) and it's downgraded 3025 era variant. Next available variant doesn't come around until the Inner Sphere rediscovers the Null Sig and Chameleon systems, which is a good bit past the current timeline. So for right now it's out, though it could definitely be added down the road...maybe.

I'm actually more interested in them adding in the Spector once it becomes available in 3053, but it runs into a lot more of the same issues the Exterminator has. I personally don't ever want to see the Null system in nor the CPLS, but the 'mechs wouldn't be bad to have down the road even if modified without them. Sadly, neither have many variants in any case.

Axman would be awesome though....as soon as we either get melee or they completely remove the ax. lol

Yeah... if one thought the (uninformed and misguided) "ECM IS NULLSIG!1!!11!!!" (it's not) and "ECM IS STEALTH ARMOR!1!!11!!!" (it's not) forum-rallies were bad (or amusing, in a manner ranging from "sigh and roll eyes" to "how quaint" manner), imagine what would happen if/when actual stealth systems would be implemented! :D

#4787 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

THis.

(special thanks to Kiriage~san. His work rendering and rigging my concept into #D really makes it come to life!)
Posted Image

#4788 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

Posted Image
stats for my modified version

#4789 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Only two patches left until Launch. I'm thinking we will have the Orion at release? :(

August 20 (Kintaro)
September 3
September 17 Launch (Orion)

#4790 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

View PostMaverick01, on 14 August 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

Only two patches left until Launch. I'm thinking we will have the Orion at release? :(

August 20 (Kintaro)
September 3
September 17 Launch (Orion)

I am thinking at least the hero Orion by launch.

#4791 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostBelorion, on 14 August 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

I am thinking at least the hero Orion by launch.

I do hope so.

#4792 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 11 August 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

Of interest might be that Matt Newman (Producer at PGI) indicated in MDB Podcast #14 (starting around the 27:25 mark) that he had (as of the day the podcast was recorded) received the e-mail containing the final version of the Wolverine concept art.

That would seem to imply that there is a good chance that the Wolverine could indeed be the next Medium 'Mech announced.

Though, there is also still the possibility that the Devs could "pull a Quickdraw" and substitute another Medium (Dervish? Vindicator? Sentinel?) in what would have been its place...? :P

there won't be another medium anytime soon there are 6 mediums in game. and only 4 light mechs.

#4793 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostTennex, on 14 August 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

there won't be another medium anytime soon there are 6 mediums in game. and only 4 light mechs.

Shadow Hawk in November (Phoenix buyers will get it in October). Ah, I forgot that it's about announcements. Then they can do simply anything...

Edited by Morang, 14 August 2013 - 10:52 PM.

#4794 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 14 August 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

Posted Image
stats for my modified version

Wow...just seeing a mech sheet like that reminded me of my younger years. Is that nostalgia or just reminiscing?

#4795 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:32 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 14 August 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

THis.

(special thanks to Kiriage~san. His work rendering and rigging my concept into #D really makes it come to life!)
Posted Image

Beautiful. Although those so-wide arms would lead to extremely funny convergence issues, I'd like to see a design with closer arms to the side torsoes like the sheet above. Besides this.. beautiful :P

#4796 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:01 AM

King Crab, Posted Image

#4797 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 15 August 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:

Beautiful. Although those so-wide arms would lead to extremely funny convergence issues, I'd like to see a design with closer arms to the side torsoes like the sheet above. Besides this.. beautiful :)

Well, it is a little wider than I realized, but since the shoulder is a ball joint, I don't see it as much of an issue (in TT) but in MWO, guess you would call it a "balance aid", lol. What I would really hate is trying to squeeze it through some of those gaps in River City.

#4798 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

Hello!, Banshee, anyone, can you please tell us any news about the Tower of Power!Posted Image

Edited by SgtMagor, 15 August 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#4799 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

such an ugly picture :|
still nice mech though :)
and still not a Zeus ;)

#4800 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

We really need certain mechs to fill in the gap with the rest of their tonnage. I do believe that the more tonnages we have, the better would help out with the weight limits. If you look below you can see the current tonnage we have in the game right now. I didn't list the medium mech tonnages since the gap is complete.

Light mech tonnage:

Heavy mech tonnage:

Assault mech tonnage:

Here are some mechs that seriously need to be added in the game right now.

Recommended Battlemechs:
20 tons- Flea,Locust
75 tons- Orion
95 tons- Banshee

Edited by Will9761, 16 August 2013 - 08:19 AM.

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users