• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 09 September 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

I agree! No clan stuff in IS buckets!

Can I still have a HBK-IIC though? Technically it's just a variant. I don't even want to have IS stuff in the mechlab for this.....

#5082 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

View Postcdlord, on 09 September 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Can I still have a HBK-IIC though? Technically it's just a variant. I don't even want to have IS stuff in the mechlab for this.....

IT's actually not a variant.

It starts life with Clan Endo Steel skeleton (can't realistically call something engineered on a new chassis a variant), and packs Jump Jets. Both are pretty extreme demarcations from the original design, even overlooking the second UAC20.

#5083 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 09 September 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

Those are hot mechs in TT as well. Weapons will need to be removed and replaced with heatsinks. That is not a problem as I don't predict Clan mechs will be trial mechs or if the trial mech system will even exist in the future. The Warhawk is no different than the Awesome in that the stock is not very viable in the MWO heat system.

Ah, so here it is. It's funny how people hold Ghost Heat up as some kind of savior for the heat system. Most skilled pilots aren't even effected by Ghost Heat as we cycle weapons anyway. The Warhawk will just fire them in groups of two, one right after the other after a very scant delay. Nova just has to fire one group of six then the other.

I'm pointing these things out because it means that the balance rodeo is going to get worse. Inner Sphere didn't get full blown double heat sinks and yet Clan tech is supposed to be better. I know they're going to try to make it closer to each other, but it's still going to get out of hand and Clan tech for the most part is still going to end up superior.

This goes on to emphasize OmniMechs. We don't know how they work, but basically 'mechs we use right now offer a freedom even greater then what the Clans had in lore due to gameplay reasons. How this is handled might make or break the game.

Regardless, moar Cyclops go!

Edited by Jack Gallows, 09 September 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#5084 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

For those of you who fear Clan streaks, if they treated each SSRM6 as three SSRM2 you would end up with alpha heat after ghost heat of forty-five on 4xSSRM6. That is with the default penalty multiplier of one. If they increased that slightly there is no problem causing automatic shutdown after the first volley. That is more than three PPCs worth or eight and half medium lasers.

Edited by Spheroid, 09 September 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#5085 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 09 September 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

For those of you who fear Clan streaks, if they treated each SSRM6 as three SSRM2 you would end up with alpha heat after ghost heat of forty-five on 4xSSRM6. That is with the default penalty multiplier of one. If they increased that slightly there is no problem causing automatic shutdown after the first volley. That is more than three PPCs worth or eight and half medium lasers.

Thing is, they are separate weapons. They aren't a stacking of 3 weapons each. No moreso than an SRM6 is 3 SRM2s.

#5086 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 September 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Thing is, they are separate weapons. They aren't a stacking of 3 weapons each. No moreso than an SRM6 is 3 SRM2s.

Bishop has it. No offense Spheroid, but I'm seriously glad you aren't on the development team.

Except, leave it to PGI to find the most convoluted solution to anything.

The only solution is more Cyclops!!!

Posted Image

Edited by Jack Gallows, 09 September 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#5087 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 09 September 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

Bishop has it. No offense Spheroid, but I'm seriously glad you aren't on the development team.

Posted Image

yeah... there IS that.

I guess we should appreciate their.....er.... creativity, even if at times, they seem to utterly overlook the beauty of simple, yet effective solutions.
(Low heat threshold, with proper heat side effects, anyone?)

*sighs*

#5088 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 09 September 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

Uhh...Why? In the absence of hardpoints on omnis I argue for such treatment of stacked weapons. Tell me oh great one how would you handle such problems, through terrible individual tweaking on every single disparate missile system?

Edited by Spheroid, 09 September 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#5089 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 September 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Yeah, that penalizes groups of smaller launchers unfairly. Don't you see the logic in equalizing multiples of two missiles in the heat system? There would still be cycle time and heat efficiency differences after equalizing.

Edited by Spheroid, 09 September 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#5090 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Just wanted to add an idea I had since CB for Clan. Was thinking for players to unlock elite perks and such for Clan mechs, have it so the primary variant is the only purchasable mech with loadout and mechlab values locked in as stock. Then! After basic perks are completed you can buy the alternate config's (also locked) to fill out the other two basic perk sets and move onto the elite perks for each config. Now! Once you master a config, that config is opened in mechlab to be customized (to whichever degree the Dev's decide). So basically you buy one mech chassis (maybe this can be used as a one-time large buy-in for each clan mech, depending on how the economics work for the Clans) and you purchase config's as though they're separate variants (obviously cheaper to offset the chassis purchase) and exp grind to unlock customization once mastery is bought for each config. Just a thought ;)

#5091 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

Posted Image GIFSoup

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 09 September 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#5092 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Off topic. The latest UI 2.0 per Bryan's tweet...

Posted Image

#5093 Scav3ng3r

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Gasp! They've turned our 'Mechs into trading cards!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5094 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 09 September 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

Ah, so here it is. It's funny how people hold Ghost Heat up as some kind of savior for the heat system. Most skilled pilots aren't even effected by Ghost Heat as we cycle weapons anyway.

though that was kind of the point

#5095 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

View PostMaverick01, on 09 September 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Off topic. The latest UI 2.0 per Bryan's tweet...

Posted Image

Well, there's the store... wonder what organization options we'll have for our owned mechs and what info about each mech we'll be given "at a glance". Would like to know where I left my pesky modules without having to click each one.....

Oh hey, can someone link me to some concept artwork for the Wolverine and Griffin? When Phoenix came out I was looking for concept art and someone found a non-affiliated website with the 4 of them on there in larger resolution than if I just took a screen of them from this site and cleaned up the surrounding background color... Thanks.

Edited by cdlord, 10 September 2013 - 04:53 AM.

#5096 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

Everyone is mentioning how the Black Hawk and Warhawk are going to be so hot and unusable because of ghost heat. There's such a thing as cycling weapons into different fire groups. Yes, they're hot designs, but most of the clan 'Mechs are anyway. They have better heat thresholds and the pilots basically pilot the same design after testing out so they become very familiar with the limitations of each chassis. This means that a skilled pilot who is familiar with the design they are piloting won't have any issue with heat. It's the Black Hawk's lack of torso twist that will prove to be a bigger challenge for the 'Mech.

Clan SSRM6's are already balanced to the extent that they won't all hit the CT. This also balances players from stacking armor only on the torso because if an arm gets blown off quickly, or a leg for that matter, then there's a greater chance that multiple missiles will start hitting the same side torso and eventually the CT. I foresee the CSSRM's will have a large spread of impact points. Maybe even up to 1 per section with a very, very small chance of hitting the head.

In Bryan's 3rd segment they mentioned about using a macro on the UAC for the first time with a 0% jam rate. This is a real issue that the community should be focused on instead of what everyone is squabbling about so far.

Aren't we about due for a new 'Mech announcement?

Edited by Colddawg, 10 September 2013 - 07:16 AM.

#5097 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

Posted Image

#5098 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

Banshee > Cyclops

You know it be true.

Edited by B3RZ3RK3R, 10 September 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#5099 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostB3RZ3RK3R, on 10 September 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

Banshee > Cyclops

You know it be true.

I just cannot agree; stock the Banshee is an underpowered heavy mech while the stock form of the Cyclops packs more punch for the same attributes. The only thing that the Banshee has going for it is the 95ton fill, and it's looks, which depending on how Alex does it may be good or bad; while the Cyclops offers more of a true assault electronic warfare package with more firepower.

#5100 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostFireSlade, on 10 September 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

I just cannot agree; stock the Banshee is an underpowered heavy mech while the stock form of the Cyclops packs more punch for the same attributes. The only thing that the Banshee has going for it is the 95ton fill, and it's looks, which depending on how Alex does it may be good or bad; while the Cyclops offers more of a true assault electronic warfare package with more firepower.
It's a brawler brah! :)

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook