• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

This

https://pbs.twimg.co...ESTfY.jpg:large

and this....

https://pbs.twimg.co...I1KT6.jpg:large

Both look better in game then their concepts! Good looking machines!

So, noticed it a while back but it's easier to see here a bit, not sure how many people recognized that the Battlemaster has the double thumbs like the Shadow Hawk :(

#5402 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 09 October 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

This

https://pbs.twimg.co...ESTfY.jpg:large

and this....

https://pbs.twimg.co...I1KT6.jpg:large

Both look better in game then their concepts! Good looking machines!

So, noticed it a while back but it's easier to see here a bit, not sure how many people recognized that the Battlemaster has the double thumbs like the Shadow Hawk :(

The Shadow Hawk looks the same size of the Battlemaster... :/

#5403 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

View PostOdanan, on 09 October 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

The Shadow Hawk looks the same size of the Battlemaster... :/

I agree. One only hopes it's a perspective/camera angle issue and it turns out to be smaller.

#5404 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

View PostButane9000, on 09 October 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

I agree. One only hopes it's a perspective/camera angle issue and it turns out to be smaller.

I believe it is the camera angle. The Shadow Hawk looks to be about shoulder height to the Battlemaster.

Again though, you can tell the Battlemaster is heavier just from the bulk.

Edited by Colddawg, 09 October 2013 - 06:39 AM.

#5405 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

and now we have the Thunder Bolt :) Posted Image

#5406 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 09 October 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

and now we have the Thunder Bolt :) Posted Image

and for a change, a comparatively small thigh gap. If the Launchers prove to be dynamic, might prove my favorite mech yet. (Though prying that honor from my Jager is gonna be a tough task, even the VTR hasn't quite dislodged those things from their roost)

#5407 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 October 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

and for a change, a comparatively small thigh gap. If the Launchers prove to be dynamic, might prove my favorite mech yet. (Though prying that honor from my Jager is gonna be a tough task, even the VTR hasn't quite dislodged those things from their roost)

Have not bought a Jagermech yet but right now my VTR-9K is my favorite 80kph assault mech :) though but the looks of the TDR it may become my favorite support mech. Looks like it will suck in every other role though.

#5408 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 09 October 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Have not bought a Jagermech yet but right now my VTR-9K is my favorite 80kph assault mech :) though but the looks of the TDR it may become my favorite support mech. Looks like it will suck in every other role though.

I think it will scrap with a standard engine just fine. Gotta ditch the missile though

#5409 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 October 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

I think it will scrap with a standard engine just fine. Gotta ditch the missile though

Possibly though I wish that melee was in game, those two claws look like they would do some damage.

#5410 tib3r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

View PostOdanan, on 08 October 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

Here is my IS wish list:

[light]
  • Locust (20t)
  • Flea (20t)
  • Commando (25t)
  • Mongoose (25t) **
  • Spider (30t)
  • UrbanMech (30t) **
  • Jenner (35t)
  • Raven (35t)
  • Firestarter (35t) *
[medium]
  • Cicada (40t)
  • BlackJack (45t)
  • Centurion (50t)
  • Hunchback (50t)
  • Trebuchet (50t)
  • Kintaro (55t)
  • Shadow Hawk (55t)
  • Wolverine (55t)
  • Griffin (55t)
[heavy]
  • Dragon (60t)
  • Lancelot (60t) **
  • Quickdraw (60t)
  • Catapult (65t)
  • JagerMech (65t)
  • Thunderbolt (65t)
  • Cataphract (70t)
  • Grasshopper (70t) **
  • Orion (75t)
[assault]
  • Awesone (80t)
  • Victor (80t)
  • Zeus (80t) **
  • Stalker (85t)
  • Battlemaster (85t)
  • Highlander (90t)
  • Cyclops (90t) **
  • Banshee (95t) *
  • Atlas (100t)
*= priority mechs needed to round 7 mechs to all weight class - in this case, the "Saber Reinforcements" (Wolverine and Griffin) would be considered extra mechs.

**= mechs to round 9 mechs to all weight class.

Yes.

Yes yes.
Please.
Take note devs, this man is on the right path with it all.

I think that the Urbanmech is going to have to happen, but it would be nice if it was flexible enough to handle large engines and play like a light mech, or run a little tiny silly engine to make it a slow moving death egg sniper thing.

What would be interesting is how they plan on adding the melee weapon bearing mechs to this.

#5411 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

Gotta ditch the missile though

Yep, I hope that missile pod will "vanish" as the Atlas' SRM pack if you don't fill that missile hardpoint. Doesn't look bad, though we can't speculate with the scale (they have taken that screen to avoid us to speculate about it :/)

#5412 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

Gotta ditch the missile though

The missile launcher should stay as it is. It's nice to have omnies, but this is kinda a whole new caliber of modification.

...and it's stupid from a game design perspective as well, since it means the mech could only be played competetively with the missile slot removed. In the same spirit, Hunchback should loose it's hunch should no weapon be placed there. It's just unfair, uncool and it makes for a completely different mech.

#5413 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

View PostAdridos, on 10 October 2013 - 04:59 AM, said:

The missile launcher should stay as it is. It's nice to have omnies, but this is kinda a whole new caliber of modification.

...and it's stupid from a game design perspective as well, since it means the mech could only be played competetively with the missile slot removed. In the same spirit, Hunchback should loose it's hunch should no weapon be placed there. It's just unfair, uncool and it makes for a completely different mech.

No. What I'm saying, is since the newer Mechs have dynamic Geometry, if you wan't durability, you have to ditch the missiles. AKA, only support units and suicidal people will mount missiles on most of the Phoenix Mechs (a decided problem with the Griffin, especially). Don't equip missiles, don't get the hunch. And yes, whenever they do the geometry pass on my beloved HBK, I would like that feature included. Doesn't help me though since I gots to have my AC20.

#5414 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 October 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

No. What I'm saying, is since the newer Mechs have dynamic Geometry, if you wan't durability, you have to ditch the missiles. AKA, only support units and suicidal people will mount missiles on most of the Phoenix Mechs (a decided problem with the Griffin, especially).

You've officially become a vatborn syringe baby... which touman are you a part of? ;)

Dropping that missile launcher is like peeling the roof off a normal car. The designer dies a little bit inside and your car ends up splitting in half due to the lack of support structure. Detachable missile launcher. That's Clan stuff. <_<

Edited by Adridos, 10 October 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#5415 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostAdridos, on 10 October 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

You've officially become a vatborn syringe baby... which touman are you a part of? :lol:

Dropping that missile launcher is like peeling the roof off a normal car. The designer dies a little bit inside and your car ends up splitting in half due to the lack of support structure. Detachable missile launcher. That's Clan stuff. ;)

Better the designer dies a little bit inside each time than me.

#5416 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:19 AM

Instead of removing the whole launcher, like the point being made about the Hunchy, just block off the tube/laser/AC openings with armor plates. This will keep with the feel of BT that most 'Mech modifications weren't noticed until someone came within close visual range-PPC for medium laser notwithstanding. It's all a part of tactics in keeping the overall profile the same because, ie Hunchy, if you THINK something still has that massive AC-20 you're going to be more wary about it until you are sure it's not there.

#5417 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

Depending on the missile sizes on the Thud, maybe tiny launchers like SSRM2 would be small enough to not invite a side torso destruction, while still being able to use up those hardpoints?

#5418 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostColddawg, on 11 October 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

Instead of removing the whole launcher, like the point being made about the Hunchy, just block off the tube/laser/AC openings with armor plates. This will keep with the feel of BT that most 'Mech modifications weren't noticed until someone came within close visual range-PPC for medium laser notwithstanding. It's all a part of tactics in keeping the overall profile the same because, ie Hunchy, if you THINK something still has that massive AC-20 you're going to be more wary about it until you are sure it's not there.

No thank you! I prefer to think the techs can figure out how to actually unmount a launcher is they choose! And I double prefer all the Phoenix Mechs to not be given early death sentences by being stuck with massive Hunches to target. If they don't have variable geometry, PGI is going to be finding themselves forced to extend that refund window or get more bad community feelings than 3pV.

#5419 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 October 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

I prefer to think the techs can figure out how to actually unmount a launcher is they choose!

Of course they do.

Posted Image

Gets really easily turned into this:
Posted Image

See? No more hunch. B)

But now seriously. They will have to implement Mad Cat on some day. And when they do, people won't be happy if the first thing you say to them is to get rid of any weapons in the shoulders...

Face the issue now and get rid of it through any of the proposed systems on the Thud/Wolverine/Griffin.

#5420 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostAdridos, on 11 October 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

Of course they do.

Posted Image

Gets really easily turned into this:
Posted Image

See? No more hunch. B)

But now seriously. They will have to implement Mad Cat on some day. And when they do, people won't be happy if the first thing you say to them is to get rid of any weapons in the shoulders...

Face the issue now and get rid of it through any of the proposed systems on the Thud/Wolverine/Griffin.

either you have turned into an optimist, or you have started hanging out in Capellan Opium dens, lol.
(But in a perfect world, it would indeed be nice)

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook