now we know the Banshee doesn't look anything like this.Posted Image

#7462 Carnifex125

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

ack. Banshee? well looks like i wont be buying mechs anytime soon. at least i'll have a lot of C-bills saved up.

Edited by Carnifex125, 03 March 2014 - 01:21 PM.

#7463 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostSgtMagor, on 03 March 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

Thank the Powers to be that they did not use that.

#7464 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 03 March 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

someone posted this on reddit

Posted Image

Rejoice!

#7465 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

View PostTkhaw, on 03 March 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

Rejoice!

Sorry that I am not excited about this but already I see people planning to abuse the meta. 2PPCs and 3AC5s, etc. By the sounds of it before the Launch Module is released most teams will be comprised of Banshees and will be horribly imbalanced. I could be wrong, but all this seems to me is promoting the same boring game/meta with no real changes. I would be more excited if they introduced a new feature or maybe said that they wanted to run a balance pass on ballistics. Oh well just more pointless grinding for me to buy mechs that I will barely use....

#7466 coddevi

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

At the moment there are enough Mechs available ..... for a fair balancing only one chassis of each Mech could join a match ..... and please please think about to rework the Weapon loadouts .... That could save many Problems with the Atlas matches 7 Atlas one enemy side only one Highlander on our side rest med Mech and Light ..... Ok we Won but it was close ...... That could make a Game more Realistic and even more fun.

For Example a stalker has 2 Heavy Energy Weapons slots 2 med. Missile Slots 4 med Energy and 2 Heavy Missile Slots

One Heavy Slot could be used for 2 Med Slots

One med Slot could be Used for 2 light Slots

2 Med slot could be use to have a heavy slot

2 light slots could be used to have a med slot

Hope i will find friends for

With Kind Regards

Cod-Demion

#7467 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

View Postcoddevi, on 03 March 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

At the moment there are enough Mechs available (...)

Nope, it ain't.

I'd consider it "enough" when we'll have, let's say, a hundred or so 80s monstrosities turned badass by Flying Debris magic.

Edited by ssm, 03 March 2014 - 05:51 PM.

#7468 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

#7469 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

I think the Banshee is more of a cross between a Victor and an Atlas... trying to get the best of both worlds but just falling on it's face as it gets the profile of the Victor (XL engine yummy) with the load-out/movement of the Atlas (ground pounding). Throw in the awful feeling of deja-vu I have with the hero banshee info released and the Pretty Baby hero...

#7470 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

View PostOdanan, on 03 March 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

Thanks PGI!! :~)

you got your Neckbeard design. Happy now?

#7471 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

View PostSgtMagor, on 03 March 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

it looks closer to that than not.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 03 March 2014 - 07:12 PM.

#7472 Carnifex125

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 03 March 2014 - 02:53 PM, said:

Sorry that I am not excited about this but already I see people planning to abuse the meta. 2PPCs and 3AC5s, etc. By the sounds of it before the Launch Module is released most teams will be comprised of Banshees and will be horribly imbalanced. I could be wrong, but all this seems to me is promoting the same boring game/meta with no real changes. I would be more excited if they introduced a new feature or maybe said that they wanted to run a balance pass on ballistics. Oh well just more pointless grinding for me to buy mechs that I will barely use....

why buy them then? I do not mean any offense. I'm honestly dissapointed with this as well and likely just upset its not a King Crab

#7473 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

The hero:

View PostCattra Kell, on 03 March 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

Exclusive Look: Banshee Hero - La Malinche

THE BANSHEE

Originally produced in 2445, the Banshee is a forerunner to most modern BattleMechs. Despite what some might consider its grandfather status, the Banshee continues to be a major threat on the battlefield.

The unique “La Malinche” variant is a powerful war machine, and with the Aztec-inspired art of old Terra, she is both as beautiful, as she is deadly.

Equipped with a massive arsenal of weapons, there is guaranteed to be something for every MechWarrior. Along with the capability to equip an Anti-Missile System, “La Malinche” comes stock with a Small Pulse Laser in the head, a PPC in the left arm, an AC/10 and Medium Pulse Laser in the left torso, an LRM15 in the right torso, and finally a Large Pulse Laser in the right arm.

Moving at a top speed of 64.8 kph with the aforementioned weapons loadout is not a problem thanks to its 380XL Engine, and staying cool in the heat of battle is no sweat thanks to 16 upgraded Double Heat Sinks. And how does she handle? Well you're in luck, as I just happen to have received the latest diagnostic results. The tests show that the torso can move 110 degrees to each side with a 20 degree angle pitch, though it appears that the range of the arc results in a 10% reduction in speed. The arms are capable of moving 20 degrees to each side, and 30 degrees up and down. All this, combined with an Endo-Steel Internal Structure, and over 17 tons of Standard Armor, makes “La Malinche” a force to be reckoned with.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MechLab:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

View PostOdanan, on 03 March 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

Why it has 6 fingers in the hand? The concept art doesn't...

I loved the concept art (static image for the video), but it didn't translate very well to the game. Even so, I'm very happy that this important mech is finally in a Mechwarrior game. (BTW, the E3 variants looks very powerful)

And the hero mech? Could be a little better. One less hardpoint than the standard variants is enough, but it looks like "La Malinche" has 2 or 3 hardpoints short.

Edited by Odanan, 03 March 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#7474 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

View PostCarnifex125, on 03 March 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

why buy them then? I do not mean any offense. I'm honestly dissapointed with this as well and likely just upset its not a King Crab

Because I am a collector of badly designed mechs. ;)

I knew this was coming sooner or later so it is not really a disappointment (it will be if they tell us they are never releasing the King Crab or Crab). What disappoints me is that PGI continually shows very little foresight in MWO and in its design. Rather than balance it before releasing a mech that will obviously abuse the meta or balance it at the release they decide to see what happens first. Which would be okay but they cannot stick to a plan or finish something first and instead move onto the next thing and forget about the first, like some ADHD kid. Just look at the Command Console, SRM hit detection, Flea, Collisions, and anything else that I am missing. Not to make this into a bash PGI post since I am not bashing them I just wish that they would stick to one thing at a time and finish it before moving to the next, and disappointed that they still have yet to learn from their mistakes. With 65 bays and the $30 founders program + 5 Hero mechs (aiming for a few more) + the Overlord and Saber packs and soon either the $55 Timber Wolf or $240 Clan package (depends on funds) I really, REALLY, want PGI to succeed with MWO and have faith that they can do it. Maybe I am just getting impatient for the finished product, who knows.

#7475 Carnifex125

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 03 March 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

Because I am a collector of badly designed mechs. ;)

I knew this was coming sooner or later so it is not really a disappointment (it will be if they tell us they are never releasing the King Crab or Crab). What disappoints me is that PGI continually shows very little foresight in MWO and in its design. Rather than balance it before releasing a mech that will obviously abuse the meta or balance it at the release they decide to see what happens first. Which would be okay but they cannot stick to a plan or finish something first and instead move onto the next thing and forget about the first, like some ADHD kid. Just look at the Command Console, SRM hit detection, Flea, Collisions, and anything else that I am missing. Not to make this into a bash PGI post since I am not bashing them I just wish that they would stick to one thing at a time and finish it before moving to the next, and disappointed that they still have yet to learn from their mistakes. With 65 bays and the $30 founders program + 5 Hero mechs (aiming for a few more) + the Overlord and Saber packs and soon either the $55 Timber Wolf or $240 Clan package (depends on funds) I really, REALLY, want PGI to succeed with MWO and have faith that they can do it. Maybe I am just getting impatient for the finished product, who knows.

ahhh, thank you for answering my question. I understand now. It was recently brought to my attention that there is still hope of a new assault to come out before the end of the year. Though its likely to be a mauler..

maulers may not be my favorites (though I do like them over many other mechs), but they would have been a million times better than banshees.

#7476 ReguIus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:53 AM

I knew it.

The hero doesn't look very tempting hardpoint-wise though. Maybe AC/20 + 2LPL on the left side leaving right side as the shield. Big engine and lots of armor. I guess it could work.

But the price...

*Edit*

I guess N.O.P.E. no longer stands if UI 2 counts as "real" content...

Edited by Kurbutti, 04 March 2014 - 04:54 AM.

#7477 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:32 AM

View Postssm, on 03 March 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Nope, it ain't.

I'd consider it "enough" when we'll have, let's say, a hundred or so 80s monstrosities turned badass by Flying Debris magic.

This. I hope they never stop adding mechs to this game.

#7478 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:38 AM

View Postcoddevi, on 03 March 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

At the moment there are enough Mechs available ..... for a fair balancing only one chassis of each Mech could join a match ..... and please please think about to rework the Weapon loadouts .... That could save many Problems with the Atlas matches 7 Atlas one enemy side only one Highlander on our side rest med Mech and Light ..... Ok we Won but it was close ...... That could make a Game more Realistic and even more fun.

For Example a stalker has 2 Heavy Energy Weapons slots 2 med. Missile Slots 4 med Energy and 2 Heavy Missile Slots

One Heavy Slot could be used for 2 Med Slots

One med Slot could be Used for 2 light Slots

2 Med slot could be use to have a heavy slot

2 light slots could be used to have a med slot

Hope i will find friends for

With Kind Regards

Cod-Demion

my. aren't you just precious?

#7479 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:34 AM

Here's my guesses for the following mechs since the Banshee turned out to be right (By order of appearance).

Assaults: Zeus, Mauler, Cyclops

Heavies: Guillotine, Lancelot, Marauder/Black Knight (Marauder if they decide to ignore Harmony Gold, Black Knight if they don't)

Mediums: Vindicator, Clint, Hatchet-man

Lights: Javelin, Mongoose, Hermes

#7480 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostButane9000, on 04 March 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

(Marauder if they decide to ignore Harmony Gold, Black Knight if they don't)

So Black Knight then, because they'd be insane to invite HG to shove a lawsuit up their collective posterior.

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users